• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pan-hime

I'm talking about some Yukari costume that has an anime-like face. Pure nightmare fuel. Someone is bound to know what I'm talking about.

tumblr_n5l7z12I1h1r66h7yo4_1280.jpg

So I've been thinking about the odd timing for Super Live, considering that the concerts are normally in the summer and it reminded me that Music Box was smaller in scale than the usual music live and I think I read that it was somewhat put together at the last minute.

Basically, what if Super Live was originally going to be in the summer like the Music Live but was pushed back due to the Persona 5 delay, and Music Box was quickly put together as a replacement? There's quite a bit of speculation in that, but it would mean that Super Live has been planned for a while to be the start of the P5 marketing cycle.

FluxWaveZ

So I've been thinking about the odd timing for Super Live, considering that the concerts are normally in the summer and it reminded me that Music Box was smaller in scale than the usual music live and I think I read that it was somewhat put together at the last minute.

Basically, what if Super Live was originally going to be in the summer like the Music Live but was pushed back due to the Persona 5 delay, and Music Box was quickly put together as a replacement? There's quite a bit of speculation in that, but it would mean that Super Live has been planned for a while to be the start of the P5 marketing cycle.

I don't know about that (especially since PMB was announced before the P5 delay and Music Live during the summer isn't a trend), but it does remind me of certain observations I've been pondering. Here's something I've been wondering about since the concert was announced: the date, February 5th, 2015. Outside of the cute "5" gimmick, that's a pretty weird date for the concert, right? Look at the date for the rest of the concerts in Japan, even PMB 2014:

Persona Music Live 2009 - Velvetroom in Wel City Tokyo = September 19th, 2009 (Saturday)
Persona Music Live 2012 - Mayonaka TV = April 8, 2012 (Sunday)
Persona Music FES 2013 = August 13th, 2013 (Tuesday, but start of Obon festival)
Persona Music Box 2014 = October 19th, 2014 (Sunday)

They all either take place on a weekend or on a holiday; it makes sense to schedule a big concert for when the most people would be able to make it. But Persona Super Live 2015? It takes place in the middle of the week on a Thursday and it isn't associated with any holidays at all. If they wanted to, I think they could have organized the concert to take place on National Foundation Day, which occurs less than a week after PSL2015 on February 11th. I don't think pinning it on "02/05/15" just for two "5"s in the date as a kind of joke was of the utmost importance for a concert this significant. And I can't help but think of game releases universally happening on Thursdays in Japan... but I'm gonna avoid baseless speculation.

Kinda weird, if you think about it. Why would they pick that date for the concert? Another point, that we had discussed here back when the mysterious p-ch website went up for the November event last year: the P Studio logo on the website. Back then, several people were pessimistically expecting a concert, but others were pointing out that that would be ridiculous because of the game developer's logo featured on the teaser website, which turned out to be accurate. Now, once again, P Studio's logo is featured on http://p-ch.jp/live/ right next to the Atlus logo. We've known that it would involve P5 in some way since the start, but I don't think their logo would be needed on that website if it didn't imply a more significant presence for P5 than music.

FluxWaveZ

It's a little thing, but if nothing else, the event in February is the only one without "Music" in the title.

That's a good point too. I didn't even make a note of that until you pointed it out. It's a simple thing, but it could very well be an indication of their intentions with this event compared to the typical concert they hold.

CorvoSol

So... I've never played a Persona game, but own them all (LOL). If I'm going to play the best versions of Persona 3 and 4, which ones should I play?

Persona 4 Golden is the best version of P4 out. Persona 3 FES has the better presentation plus bonus postgame, but Persona 3 Portable has the awesome female protagonist. Still, FES is probably the overall better of the two.

Makio

Context, this video features the new VAs for Marge and Kanji while new Marge voice over this.
Although it wasn't as shocking as the clip features Grant George and Cindy Robinson doing hentai..

Wow Marisha Ray is smoking hot , and that sounds like Marge from Ultimax.

And that ShinjiroX Labrys ( or Kagura X Makoto Nanaya if you play Blazblue) clip is amazing too.

Speaking of Blazblue , i hope Cristina Vee (Noel Vermillion VA) and Julie Ann Taylor (Tsubaki / Kokonoe) land a role in the Persona 5 dub.
Taylor already make a role in p4 (Ai Ebihara) ... i think.
Both are amazing.

And that ShinjiroX Labrys ( or Kagura X Makoto Nanaya if you play Blazblue) clip is amazing too.

Speaking of Blazblue , i hope Cristina Vee (Noel Vermillion VA) and Julie Ann Taylor (Tsubaki / Kokonoe) land a role in the Persona 5 dub.
Both are amazing.

You're right about JAT. Ai was one of my favourite non-party members in P4.

Xenoflare

Both are amazing.

I feel like we are going to see a lot of dub actors in type 0 for p5.

And yes Marisha Ray is really hot.

For me.... I would like some Crispin Freeman and J.Michael Tatum for P5, and I really don't mind seeing recurring actors. I'm fine with that.

Levito

Banned
Heyo folks

We did the final S.Link for the year, 25 eps in total for 2014. This one we ended talking about our GOTYs and gave shout outs to people that were part of the show this year. Was fantastic, big thank you to everyone that was part of it!

Just did almost all of the destined partners routes (P3 side), only Yosuke, Koro and P4MC left.

From the girls, my favorites were Yukari's, Mitsuru's, Yukiko's, Naoto's and most of all Rise's.

And from the guys, Ken's was interesting, but so far Ted's and Shinji's are the best, since with Teddie he actually acts serious for once and you feel bad about him and with Shinji because his route is the only one where
P3MC can BLUSH!!

arue

Heyo folks

We did the final S.Link for the year, 25 eps in total for 2014. This one we ended talking about our GOTYs and gave shout outs to people that were part of the show this year. Was fantastic, big thank you to everyone that was part of it!
I'm happy to see DR, DR2, and PQ in your lists. 25 episodes is a lot, so great job on all of them! I look forward to next year's podcasts, especially when P5 is out in NA.

And from the guys, Ken's was interesting, but so far Ted's and Shinji's are the best, since with Teddie he actually acts serious for once and you feel bad about him and with Shinji because his route is the only one where
P3MC can BLUSH!!
...Time to do Shinji as my destined partner.

kewlmyc

Heyo folks

I'll listen to it tomorrow going to work.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Context, this video features the new VAs for Marge and Kanji while new Marge voice over this.

I don't know what to say about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=lG5QUrkXaCE

Although it wasn't as shocking as the clip features Grant George and Cindy Robinson doing hentai.

For the record I find it to be amusing yet I am ashamed of admitting it. My sense of humor is still 12.

That is hilarious.

"Hold on to her butt.... with this replica Samuel L. Jackson severed arm"

"Mr. DNAnal Beads"

I'm dead.

Makio

You're right about JAT. Ai was one of my favourite non-party members in P4.

I love her in the Animation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaVZBSEE3XE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNSsWZ6bMiw

She too one of my favorite non party girls in the Persona series (with Chihiro and Marie).

Makes me sad
in the end her Social link she sends you to the Friendzone

For me.... I would like some Crispin Freeman

That's Heat in Digital Devil Saga right ... that badass manly voice give it the antagonist role to him now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5XUrubbN6s

(i love Wendee Lee in this game ... )

About returning actors i can see names like Erin Fitzgerald , Yuri Lowenthal , Laura Bailey , Wendee Lee , Mercer , Karen Strassman and Sam Riegel returning for small roles. (maybe even Tara Platt or Cindy Robinson)

And the wishlist for Main Caracthers :
Cristina Vee
Julie Ann Taylor
Crispin Freeman
Kate Higgins
Todd Haberkorn (i love the voice of Minazuki)
Kyle Hebert
Ashly Burch

I love to see one o a few of them in the main cast.

So I just finshed Persona 3 FES The Journey, the game certainly does deserve its reputation and the popularity it has. It's got some nit picky flaws and that ending MAJOR SPOILERS
I always hate when the game kills off the MC in a heroic sacrifice way, it was doubly painful seeing him interact with all his friends/max social links one last time
. The ending isn't bad despite that complaint though it did feel a bit rushed and it was vague in how events that let the plot be resolved happened... though I imagine that's what the answer is for. My only real complaint is that the final boss fight is simply too long, I was over leveled and was worried after I basically one rounded the two Strega bosses that the final boss would be a push over... he wasn't a push over neither was he really scary dangerous. The battle was more a test of attrition the arcana phases before the death phase either needed less health or needed to be fewer/more meaningful. I don't even want to imagine how irritating this fight would have been with a below 76 level party.

I've got to pack/sleep/get up early tomorrow but I'll write more detailed thoughts in a LTTP thread that'll probably go up later this week.

I guess now the real question is, where do i go from here? Obviously The Answer would be the most logical choice along with potentially doing a max slink run of the journey on a new game plus and taking on the secret boss... but I've heard ehh things about The Answer and part of me really wants to jump into Persona 4. Unfortunately I won't be getting a Vita as soon as I thought I would due to financial reasons (the money that would have bought it bought my plane ticket to FL for a funeral) but I do own the PS2 version of P4. I also own P3P where I could do the female route and see what's changed/different.

I'm very happy to have played Persona 3, though I think before I jump back in with whatever you guys think is the next best option (currently leaning towards playing P4 or the answer) I'm gonna take a week or two off before jumping back in. I've been playing P3 FES pretty exclusively now for like 3 months and I need a bit of a break before jumping back into another 80 hour Persona game.

Gazoinks

And the wishlist for Main Caracthers :
Cristina Vee
Julie Ann Taylor
Crispin Freeman
Kate Higgins
Todd Haberkorn (i love the voice of Minazuki)
Kyle Hebert
Ashly Burch

I love to see one o a few of them in the main cast.

Corvo's List:
Laura Bailey
Laura Bailey
Laura Bailey
Laura Bailey
Laura Bailey
Laura Bailey
Laura Bailey

I personally hope Yuri Lowenthal doesn't return. He's a good VA and seems like a really nice dude, but three games in a row is a bit much. New blood, new blood!

Meia

So I just finshed Persona 3 FES The Journey, the game certainly does deserve its reputation and the popularity it has. It's got some nit picky flaws and that ending MAJOR SPOILERS
I always hate when the game kills off the MC in a heroic sacrifice way, it was doubly painful seeing him interact with all his friends/max social links one last time
. The ending isn't bad despite that complaint though it did feel a bit rushed and it was vague in how events that let the plot be resolved happened... though I imagine that's what the answer is for. My only real complaint is that the final boss fight is simply too long, I was over leveled and was worried after I basically one rounded the two Strega bosses that the final boss would be a push over... he wasn't a push over neither was he really scary dangerous. The battle was more a test of attrition the arcana phases before the death phase either needed less health or needed to be fewer/more meaningful. I don't even want to imagine how irritating this fight would have been with a below 76 level party.

I've got to pack/sleep/get up early tomorrow but I'll write more detailed thoughts in a LTTP thread that'll probably go up later this week.

I guess now the real question is, where do i go from here? Obviously The Answer would be the most logical choice along with potentially doing a max slink run of the journey on a new game plus and taking on the secret boss... but I've heard ehh things about The Answer and part of me really wants to jump into Persona 4. Unfortunately I won't be getting a Vita as soon as I thought I would due to financial reasons (the money that would have bought it bought my plane ticket to FL for a funeral) but I do own the PS2 version of P4. I also own P3P where I could do the female route and see what's changed/different.

I'm very happy to have played Persona 3, though I think before I jump back in with whatever you guys think is the next best option (currently leaning towards playing P4 or the answer) I'm gonna take a week or two off before jumping back in. I've been playing P3 FES pretty exclusively now for like 3 months and I need a bit of a break before jumping back into another 80 hour Persona game.

The Answer is basically Persona 3's gameplay, but very hard. Most enemies that have a weakness will usually also have the ability to greatly dodge said weakness, and the game has no Compendium to speak of in terms of gameplay. Because there's no social links, each persona takes far less exp to level up than it would in 3, but it's something to keep in mind.

If you're going to play through it after that, always have Metis on your team, and plan your personas accordingly as it'll greatly help your path through the game. Otherwise, just youtube all the story scenes(like many do anyway). There's a youtube channel(forgot which) which has ALL of them.

Soulflarz

Banned
My advice is

The Answer, and if you dont like it, youtube it. Maybe portable then.

Dont play 4 if youre going to play golden. Imagine replaying the majority of 3 for a bit extra unlocked. Do you really want to do that?

Makio

Laura Bailey (infinite ,,,)

I fine with this , i mean she is my favorite actress in p4 , i love her voice in others roles.
I can even see her doing a VA for a party member or a key role ... but using another voice beside the Rise / Catherine tone she had .....

She can do it ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu11aTjVRHQ

And yes i love Lowenthal and all but me too i tired of him... but hell that guy is in every game and Atlus love him (3 SMT games and two of that is the main caracther).

No one be surprised to see him AGAIN in Persona 5.

Meia

Yeah, normally I'd say play Persona 4 as a buffer between FES and Portable, but if you can't play Golden, you may as well just jump into Portable.

Yeah, normally I'd say play Persona 4 as a buffer between FES and Portable, but if you can't play Golden, you may as well just jump into Portable.

I do plan to get a vita to play p4 golden I'm just not sure how soon if when that'll be. It could end up being something I get with my tax return or something I buy next xmas. I'm not too worried about replaying p4g after playing p4 same way I'm not worried about playing p3p after playing p3.

When I tried playing The Answer immediately after P3, the drastic change in gameplay/format made me hate it and I abandoned it for a few months. I came back later when I felt like playing some "new" (to me) Persona again, and that time I liked it and finished it.

My point is that it might be best to let it breathe for a while, but it's a matter of opinion.

arue

I do plan to get a vita to play p4 golden I'm just not sure how soon if when that'll be. It could end up being something I get with my tax return or something I buy next xmas. I'm not too worried about replaying p4g after playing p4 same way I'm not worried about playing p3p after playing p3.

I'd say:
-The Answer. If it's too hard or too tedious, look up the story events on Youtube.
-P3P as FeMC
-P4G

Just wait for the Vita, but waiting a year to experience P4's story for the first time kind of suck :/

There is also PQ and P4AU to consider too. It just depends how much you want to play these games.

CorvoSol

Corvo's List:
Laura Bailey
Laura Bailey
Laura Bailey
Laura Bailey
Laura Bailey
Laura Bailey
Laura Bailey

I personally hope Yuri Lowenthal doesn't return. He's a good VA and seems like a really nice dude, but three games in a row is a bit much. New blood, new blood!

Laura Bailey voices every woman in my dreams, okay.

I am not ashamed.

PK Gaming

Yeah, I hope the dub draws from a bigger pool of voice actors. I'm sure they will, but I think we're bound to hear some old VAs (preferably as side characters)

I would kill to have Julie Ann Taylor voice a major character

He's also a smug ferry man in SMTIV. The smugness and how minor of a role it was made me laugh.

Hah, I thought I was the only one who noticed

Shouts out to Keith Silverstein as the Terminal Dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom