• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

So far I've been neutral on this because the numbers in a date is a flimsy clue to go off of, even though it would be the one perfect date for Persona 5 news to coincide with because of that. I'm rather bearish on the prospect of something happening on that date now, though.

I always found the idea of P5's media push starting with that Blu-ray to be weird, but maybe I have to accept that that's what might occur. I think the remaining dates where they could pull something off for a surprise reveal would be 2015-05-05 (or for a tease) or 2015-06-15.

watch on 5/5/15 we get another countdown

FluxWaveZ

Rise never had a battle model (outside AoA) no changeable costumes, right? If they offer up any of the battle-specific costume sets in P4D I guess they will have to leave Rise out or get creative.

That's why that costume I found is unique. Rise didn't have one of the "high-cut" costumes the other P4G females had for use in battles, so this one is a completely new costume in that vein (pretty much confirming that Chie, Yukiko and Naoto will have theirs in P4D, as well).

muteki

That's why that costume I found is unique. Rise didn't have one of the "high-cut" costumes the other P4G females had for use in battles, so this one is a completely new costume in that vein (pretty much confirming that Chie, Yukiko and Naoto will have theirs in P4D, as well).

Hopefully we can get a Featherman set at least.

FluxWaveZ

P5 posters apparently within the Atlus USA HQ:

u7weLfi.png

84X

Banned
It's kind of weird that, comparatively, P3's high cut armor was actually alright.

I guess it helps that in P3 it was different colours of the same design, but even then you could get away with actually calling them armour (well kinda...), where as the P4 armours are really just gaudy underwear.

Even strictly looking at them as fanservice, I'd rather just take swimsuits.

As a side note, I think the golden animation actually had a somewhat better high cut design for Rise.

cj_iwakura

I did all of the new character's challenges up to 11-12 to get a feel for them.
(Excluding Margaret, don't have her yet, do want though.)

cj's Unofficial Ultra Suplex Hold New Character Tier List*
(*list may not reflect tiers and will most likely get you bodied beyond belief, see Tanaka for details.)

1. [Culprit]

• You get to play as him.
  • Fantastic alt colors(Terumi, Katsuya, Kyouji)
  • Fun mix of Narukami and Naoto with a touch of Akihiko.
  • Best IK after Elizabeth's. "You never learn, do you?"

2. Junpei
ib1Dp4AO7nK7rB.png

• More of Persona's best bro.
  • Great voicework.
  • Fun rushdown gameplay.
  • Home run!

3. Ken & Koromaru
iy1Lo6zfLggvn.png

• Was fun to hate, now he's styling on fools.
  • Good mix of gameplay styles.
  • Isn't he a good doggy? Yes he is!

4. Sho Minazuki (w/Persona)
iSd56VKJoXMg9.png

• Vicious swordplay, very aggressive.
  • Great voice, natural villain.
  • Man has style.

5. Yukari
ibr7xtmLEZcc6Z.png

• Good range, Lizzie with a lot more options.

Runners-up
Sho (w/o Persona), Rise(too gimmicky), Marie(joke character on many levels, badass IK though).

Most Hilarious Win Quote
elizabethnmu52.png

(VS Akihiko)
"My, it seems as if you're wearing nothing under that cape. Is that the source of your strength? Perhaps I should try it as well!"

FluxWaveZ

1. [Culprit]

• Fun mix of Narukami and Naoto with a touch of Akihiko.

Ehh... unless you mean that they have a single move where they use their gun for Naoto. Not too sure how they resemble Akihiko. I wouldn't really say that [Redacted] plays like any other character, though there are some aesthetic comparisons with Narukami with three of their moves (5C, 5D, 2D).

cj_iwakura

Ehh... unless you mean that they have a single move where they use their gun for Naoto. Not too sure how they resemble Akihiko. I wouldn't really say that [Redacted] plays like any other character, though there are some aesthetic comparisons with Narukami with three of their moves (5C, 5D, 2D).

The quick dash move he has reminded me of Akihiko somewhat.

Xenoflare

Marie is not actually that bad in 2.0, trust me. She's strong enough. Liz, on the other hand, is straight up unviable in the current game.

Edit: I have no idea how you think Yukari and Liz are similar, lol

Since when Elizabeth was ever viable. I honestly think her original iteration is the best out of her three revisions, and that's just relativity.

:(

Zyrox

2.0 Liz is the best iteration of Liz ever. Mind you, she's still at the bottom, but someone's gotta be at the bottom, tis the nature of the game.

cj_iwakura

Since when Elizabeth was ever viable. I honestly think her original iteration is the best out of her three revisions, and that's just relativity.

:(

I'm inclined to agree, all her Dynes got nerfed to hell in Ultimax.

You say she's at the bottom, I see a challenge.

FluxWaveZ

Elizabeth can still destroy people who don't know what they're doing online. All this tier talk doesn't matter when you're not going to tournaments.

Zyrox

Elizabeth can still destroy people who don't know what they're doing online. All this tier talk doesn't matter when you're not going to tournaments.

Definitely. Never care for tiers myself either. I just play the characters that are the most fun to me.

Xenoflare

True, but generally I feel that her overall damage is less meaty compared to her Arena 1 counterpart.

However I did enjoy using SP Diarahan on projectile spammers who are either shocked or just likes to spam.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
After about a week of going back through my save rotation, i finally got to the final final boss in Persona 4. What is the recommended lvl to fight it? Its two unique attack in the second phase kills me everytime.

Dantis

...Yayyyyy...

I hope they can justify everything being DLC (for example, they filled up a game cart), because we already have five costume sets as DLC as it is.

Lusankya

...Yayyyyy...

I hope they can justify everything being DLC (for example, they filled up a game cart), because we already have five costume sets as DLC as it is.

Although wasn't most of the currently known DLC free anyway (with the exception of the stuff included in the premium crazy pack or what it is called)?

Anyway, they can't really justify it. First print bonus in order to get more people to buy it early. And a few pieces of free DLC to make sure more people actually browse the stuff in the PSN store.

Dantis

Although wasn't most of the currently known DLC free anyway (with the exception of the stuff included in the premium crazy pack or what it is called)?

Anyway, they can't really justify it. First print bonus in order to get more people to buy it early. And a few pieces of free DLC to make sure more people actually browse the stuff in the PSN store.

As it is, I'm going to have five DLC packs to download on launch, three of which are some of my favourite outfits, and then I can't even use them on my main account. DLC can be a great thing, but this is getting P4D's off to a shite start.

84X

Banned
...Yayyyyy...

I know the JP PSN page says something about the songs being recorded in full size, but even then there's probably still space on the cart.

Anyways, we already can say for certain there are 69 costumes in the base game, and assuming most are parts of a set there is bound to be way more.

Also for those wondering, the total confirmed costume count should be around 93*.
(All of that's still 'free' one way or another, but I'm not going to try and justify DLC either way.)

*Not including those striped recolours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom