• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've got to admit that I'm not really keen on on P4D. I enjoy rhythm games fine but I've only ever played them at arcades, never on a handheld or a console before. Is there a solid non-import I could check out that can give me a decent idea of what to expect from this?

If your reaction is "Haven't you played X, Y, or Z?" the answer is "I haven't played many games since the end of the PSX era, also I am poor."

So I've got to admit that I'm not really keen on on P4D. I enjoy rhythm games fine but I've only ever played them at arcades, never on a handheld or a console before. Is there a solid non-import I could check out that can give me a decent idea of what to expect from this?

If your reaction is "Haven't you played X, Y, or Z?" the answer is "I haven't played many games since the end of the PSX era, also I am poor."

Dude, Persona 4 Golden is in my top 3 and I'm still not really feeling P4D.

I'd predict a 30% buying rate among Vita and P4G owners. Also, the North American version of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd would be indicative of what to expect since it's made by the same company as for P4D. Not sure whether there is an European version.

Edit: Upon checking and finding out that Dingo is no longer part of P4Dan, it's hard to predict what Atlus will actually release, so Project Diva may not be an accurate indicator of the type of gameplay we will see. I still hope that Atlus will release a hard mode.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Are you thinking about Dingo when talking about the company that made Diva F2nd? Dingo has been dropped from the P4D project and they did not make Diva F2nd.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Are you thinking about Dingo when talking about the company that made Diva F2nd? Dingo has been dropped from the P4D project and they did not make Diva F2nd.
they also made those love live games on vita which were apparently really bad or something. something must've happened over there.

I'd predict a 30% buying rate among Vita and P4G owners. Also, the North American version of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd would be indicative of what to expect since it's made by the same company as for P4D. Not sure whether there is an European version.

Edit: Upon checking and finding out that Dingo is no longer part of P4Dan, it's hard to predict what Atlus will actually release, so Project Diva may not be an accurate indicator of the type of gameplay we will see. I still hope that Atlus will release a hard mode.

Well, thanks for the suggestion anyway. I think I have a friend that owns that game. If he has a physical copy I'll see if I can borrow it.

Antiwhippy

will anything be gained if one plays p4d in anticipation of p5?

You seem supremely conflicted for awhile now about getting this game, and especially getting a vita for this game, so I'm going to lay down my perspective on the whole thing.

You're in P4D for the characters and story? Probably not worth it considering their track record, but hey, maybe it'll be OK. Don't expect too much from a rhythm game.

You're in it for the gameplay? Seems a bit easy but it'll be fun playing through it if you love the soundtrack, and hopefully it'll be challenging too.

You're in it to gain some perspective on P5? Unless you're getting the version with the teaser blu-ray, nada. No point even thinking about it. Won't happen.

Don't know if you like rhythm games? This one will probably be one of the easier ones for you to get into, but if you only care about the persona part of P4D I don't think this game will have a lot of meaning for you unless you really love the soundtrack.

^

I like the Persona part of the persona games. The characters especially and I want to see how cool the story and the character interactions are. I am particularly interested in seeing whether Marie and Margaret will be in the story and what they will add.

But the problem for me is what color of the PSV2000 I should buy for this game. Sleek black or pure white but with ugly more visible bezels?

Antiwhippy

White/pink.

lightpinkwhite.jpg

Such a beautiful system. Was looking to upgrade to this for awhile now, but it's hard to justify it while my OG vita is still going strong.

Nachos

Persona 4 Dancing is actually Persona 5. Just like Peace Walker was Metal Gear Solid V.
Yeah, when's Persona 5? I'm getting sick of Persona: (Birth by Memories/1024) Distance

(I can't even be bothered to remember the names of the Kingdom Hearts games.)

Using Google translate on that new 4gamer P4D story article gives an awesome new name for the team.....

The Self Styled Special Investigation Corps!

This name is now Canon in my head!

Dantis

I think most of the us have passed the point of being surprised by how much Soejima is half assing his post-Arena designs. Like, Labrys and everyone were at least really well drawn, but with Ultimax and this he just hasn't given any fucks.

Setsu00

I have a confession to make.

I like the portraits for Kanamin Kitchen - they remind me of all those weird and sometimes really ugly NPCs from the P2 duology.

PK Gaming

Kanamin Kitchen Character introduction

kitchen_1.png

I'm the calm-headed leader with the occasional hot-blooded streak!

kitchen_2.png

I'm the perfectly normal, level-headed girl with a smile that can knock the socks of the Devil.

kitchen_3.png

Why is it that when the subject of idols is broached your sparing human intellects instantly assume the most ingratiating posture of surrender imaginable.

kitchen_4.png

So um, when do I get paid

84X

Banned
At least Yu's portrait is a huge improvement, it can actually show emotions!

Though I guess the neutral image is recycled from that one artwork so still lazy in a sense.

DNAbro

Kanamin Kitchen Character introduction

kitchen_1.png

I'm the calm-headed leader with the occasional hot-blooded streak!

kitchen_2.png

I'm the perfectly normal, level-headed girl with a smile that can knock the socks of the Devil.

kitchen_3.png

Why is it that when the subject of idols is broached your sparing human intellects instantly assume the most ingratiating posture of surrender imaginable.

kitchen_4.png

So um, when do I get paid

I bet the second one ends up the villain.

will anything be lost if one skips p4d and just play persona 5 instead?

What exactly would be lost? Isn't this just a game? If you play it, it helps tide you over. If you don't, there's no loss. This is a really weird question, honestly. I don't mean that offensively. I just don't know what answer you're looking for, exactly. There's nothing really to lose or gain here.

What exactly would be lost? Isn't this just a game? If you play it, it helps tide you over. If you don't, there's no loss. This is a really weird question, honestly. I don't mean that offensively. I just don't know what answer you're looking for, exactly. There's nothing really to lose or gain here.

I'm pretty sure he meant if he didn't play P4D would there be story elements in 5 he didn't understand.

He's not talking on an existential level here :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom