• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Wasteland 2 and Divinity: OS come to mind, honestly can't come up with more right now. I just remember Durante's 2015 RPG thread being called something like "bad sequel, but still a good year" etc, so I assume the general opinion is that 2014 was the year of RPGs.

I don't think Durante's views ever represent a wide opinion, considering his love of Gust and the like.

Not a criticism of Durante, like, but he's into some niche stuff.

The crazy port of Type-0 did.

I played that recently.

Didn't get far.

aravuus

I don't think Durante's views ever represent a wide opinion, considering his love of Gust and the like.

I suppose you're right

Well, whatever. There has been awesome RPGs in the past year or two and there will be awesome RPGs in the following couple of years. All around a good time to be an RPG fan.

The crazy port of Type-0 did.

Did this say lazy before? Did you edit it from lazy to crazy?

I swear to fucking god it said lazy earlier, unless I'm going crazy

Lusankya

Wasteland 2 and Divinity: OS come to mind, honestly can't come up with more right now. I just remember Durante's 2015 RPG thread being called something like "bad sequel, but still a good year" etc, so I assume the general opinion is that 2014 was the year of RPGs.

I think that's just Durante's opinion (and nothing's wrong with that) and many called him out on that in the thread.

For me Persona 5 and Bloodborne alone (actually just Persona 5 will be enough) are making 2015 better than most other years conbined.

FluxWaveZ

So it is confirmed Persona 5 will be released in NA in 2015 and that is is very close to the JPN release date?

Is it safe to assume now?

Persona 5 has been confirmed for a 2015 release in NA since February 2014. If there are no delays, it will release within three months of the JPN release date.

kiyoaki

November or December would fit into my gaming schedule just fine, given that I expect Shadowrun Hong Kong to be released in September or October. RPGs are best played during the dark season anyway.

I really hope the game won't be region-locked since I want to play the JP version on my EU PS3. If we get a simultaneous or near simultaneous release and a weak yen vs. the dollar then that's the same basic situation as with P4 Arena, isn't it?

November or December would fit into my gaming schedule just fine, given that I expect Shadowrun Hong Kong to be released in September or October. RPGs are best played during the dark season anyway.

I really hope the game won't be region-locked since I want to play the JP version on my EU PS3. If we get a simultaneous or near simultaneous release and a weak yen vs. the dollar then that's the same basic situation as with P4 Arena, isn't it?

You have an EU PS3 but you're in Hong Kong?

I cannot wait to play P5 remotely on my OLED PSV. caNNNooTT wAiT!!!

aravuus

Oh god yay/fuck, P4G arrived. Yay cause I really want to play it. Like really really.

Fuck cause I've got an exam tomorrow on a subject I don't know shit about, data transfer protocols or something similar. Oh, and everything on the game box is in French, so I hope the actual game's in English lmao. Only French I know is bonjour and s'il vous plait.

e: main menu is in English, it's probably fine. Phew.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Nothing wrong with loving gust man. Other than atlus they're the only jrpg company that's currently making actually good games.

PhoenixRouge

Neo Member
Hi there,

So seems like I can't post any thread right now. Checking on why now! But in the meantime, could somebody post a new thread concerning this article:

http://personacentral.com/persona-5-release-window-revealed/

According to the analysis of SEGA SAMMY 2016 Fiscal Year analysis made by Persona Central, Persona 5 should come out both in Japan and North American between October 2015 and December 2015, if it's not delayed again.

Of course, this is only an assumption made by analyzing their some data given by SEGA, so it's nothing official. Yet, it's not a completely ridiculous analysis.

I'm sure Latinos Post will make an article a week for the next month with this info.

Still, could somebody make a thread about this please? I believe it's worth a discussion. Mentioning my name would also be appreciated!

As for me, I cannot wait for Persona 5 to come out. Between October and December seems legit. Cannot wait for more news about Persona 5. E3 is coming pretty fast!!!

You guys are following p4d closely.

But do you see that p4d's dialogue portraits appear to be larger than the dialogue portraits in p4g?

Agree?

Sophia

PhoenixRouge, you know Flux is the owner of that website and he posted that very article above you right? :D

Not to call you out, but I remember you stating this a few times and, unfortunately, that's not looking to be the case. I was also leaning towards August/September in Japan, by the way.

I wrote this: Persona 5 release window revealed.

Looks like it's gonna be October, November or December in Japan and in NA, if it's not delayed. Kinda evoking simultaneous release vibes, to be honest.

WELL I GOT ONE DATE POTENTIALLY RIGHT!! Even if it was for the wrong region! >_>;

Also, I love the fact that it seems like it'll be a near simultaneous release in both Japan and North America. It's almost as if the localization process was well under way when we were speculating otherwise. :p

Omikaru

Also, I love the fact that it seems like it'll be a near simultaneous release in both Japan and North America. It's almost as if the localization process was well under way when we were speculating otherwise. :p

It's hard to tell how far along the localisation of P5 is, since we don't know which voice actors to pester. At least with P4DAN/PQ/Ultimax we knew who to ask if they were recording yet. :3

Also, hi again PersonaGAF. I should probably come in here more often...

FluxWaveZ

You're being weird, GamingBird.

Hm, well that's the optimistic take. Formally, I'm operating with Atlus' official word that the game will be released in Japan and North America in 2015. Still... doubt lingers.

If there's one thing I'm sure we can all #BELIEVE in, it's that Persona 5 will release in NA this year
because if not EVERYTHING WILL BE SUFFERING ;__;

Sophia

Hm, well that's the optimistic take. Formally, I'm operating with Atlus' official word that the game will be released in Japan and North America in 2015. Still... doubt lingers.

I do like to be optimistic. That, and the stuff we'll get in June/July makes me feel confident.

I still think we will get both games (assuming P5 is actually on track in Japan) the same way we got Ultimax and PQ with PQ being the bigger game last year. E3 announcement for P4D release date and maybe P5 news. September release for P4D and November end/ December release for P5.

aravuus

A bit into P4G, I definitely don't mind the new Chie VA. I prefer the original one but so far, this one hasn't been bad at all either.

But boy do I love this game so much. I can't believe we're getting a new proper Persona game soon, I can't fucking wait!

PhoenixRouge

Neo Member
PhoenixRouge, you know Flux is the owner of that website and he posted that very article above you right? :D

WELL I GOT ONE DATE POTENTIALLY RIGHT!! Even if it was for the wrong region! >_>;

Did not know or see that! My bad! Good article though! :) I'm just glad to know the news is moving around! Did not want to take credit for that hahaha ^^

kewlmyc

Not to call you out, but I remember you stating this a few times and, unfortunately, that's not looking to be the case. I was also leaning towards August/September in Japan, by the way.

I wrote this: Persona 5 release window revealed.

Looks like it's gonna be October, November or December in Japan and in NA, if it's not delayed. Kinda evoking simultaneous release vibes, to be honest.

Hopefully October for Japan then December for NA. I would say worldwide release, but I doubt it.

Tales of Zestiria and Persona 5 around the same time? Fine by be. I just hope they don't release the same week.

FluxWaveZ

I was trying to see if there could be any Atlus game (minus SMTxFE) planned for release in Japan from now until March 2016 by looking at SEGA's planned titles, but there's not nearly enough data to take anything valuable out of it.
  1. Persona 5
  2. Persona 4: Dancing All Night
  3. Stella Glow
  4. Project X Zone 2
  5. Project Mirai DX
  6. Alien Isolation
  7. Miracle Girls Festival
They list 14 total planned for FY 2016, so I guess SEGA has 7 unannounced packaged game titles set for release this fiscal year. Wonder if another Atlus thing will be one of them.

Did not know or see that! My bad! Good article though! :) I'm just glad to know the news is moving around! Did not want to take credit for that hahaha ^^

Thanks. There's no official confirmation from any source, but I don't think that's always necessary when the evidence is plain as day. It could be delayed into 2016 in Japan and North America—and I think that is very unlikely for Japan, but I guess others don't agree—but it's clear from the earnings release that Persona 5 is not being considered in their fiscal year until Q3.

Olengie

My general idea of a release date was somewhat right. But more waiting. :(

As for the two accounted for, couldnt one of those be P4DAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom