• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Persona 5‘s release window has been revealed as an October to December 2015 launch, both in Japan and North America.

both in Japan and North America.

gourmet-guy-o.gif

FluxWaveZ

Remember, I only say that because Persona 5 is confirmed for 2015 in both NA and Japan. It's not releasing before September so, if there are no delays, both are absolutely coming out within the October, November and December time frame.

Or we can be crazy and try to refute that logic somehow, like suggesting that Persona 5 could release in North America in September before its Japanese release.

As for the two accounted for, couldnt one of those be P4DAN?

It could be, yeah.

Edit: Man... holiday season, huh. Persona 4 did come out in December, but I wanted P5 to have more time out there before stuff like GotY debates. The prospect of it being overshadowed by the usual titans is also a bit scary.

Oh yeah, possibly unrelated, but something else that evoked a simultaneous release:
In the packaged game software field, the Group is working on rationalization mainly in overseas and will build a structure in which revenue can be created with stability. In the fiscal year ending March 31, 2016, the Group will launch new titles mainly for the Group’s mainstay IP including “Persona5” which will be the latest title from the Persona series boasting over 6 million total copies sold along with implementing transitions of IP for packaged games such as “Total War” series into digital games mainly in overseas.
It was interesting how rationalization overseas was followed by the point that Persona 5 will be launching. Probably refers more to the downsizing and structure reformations they've been doing, but it could always also mean a modified Western focus relating to Japanese development/publishing.

DNAbro

So when do you guys think DAN will be released if the west might be getting P5 in Q4 2015?

Aug/Sept

EDIT: I posted this earlier

Just as a reference in March Erin Fitzgerald said in a March episode of Up at Noon that they were finishing up/finished recording P4AU and it released in September. Which would be a 6/7 month span between the two.

The span between Japanese release and English was 1 month.

I can't find anything directly saying PQ was wrapped up in June, expect a random post by someone.( If someone could provide definitive proof that would be welcome) But if it was wrapped up in June and release in November it would be a 5/6 month span between the two.

Span between Japanese and English release was 5/6 months (june to november).

Now we are hearing that P4DAN is wrapping up in April, 5/6 months would be August/September.(the release time many were guessing)

And throwing this out, it is a possibility they have started on P5 voice acting.

Mr_Joe

I'm liking this P5 window being right by winter break so I can have a full month of no classes to indulge.

By the end of this week, exams will be done and I can fully dedicate myself back to P4.

arue

Nothing is confirmed yet so far, but I am sure that this means there won't be more than a 3-month gap between the NA and the JP versions of Persona 5. That only can mean:

• [JP - NA]
  • Oct - Oct
  • Oct - Nov
  • Oct - Dec
  • Nov - Nov
  • Nov - Dec
  • Dec - Dec
We have 6 possible choices guys.

Anyone know why they don't list Persona Q or Etrian U2 in the major packaged games section of the report? Considering they do list Sonic Boom 3DS.

Nothing is confirmed yet so far, but I am sure that this means there won't be more than a 3-month gap between the NA and the JP versions of Persona 5. That only can mean:

• [JP - NA]
  • Oct - Oct
  • Oct - Nov
  • Oct - Dec
  • Nov - Nov
  • Nov - Dec
  • Dec - Dec

October - Late November/Early December.

• [JP - NA]
  • Oct - Oct
  • Oct - Nov
  • Oct - Dec
  • Nov - Nov
  • Nov - Dec
  • Dec - Dec

Dec-Dec until proven otherwise.

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
Mm, That possible release date window is a bit further away than what I predicted, but it's making me get a simultaneous JPN and NA release date vibe, which would be awesome. Than I don't have to completely shutout from the outside world cause of spoilers. OTL

aravuus

So, does romancing everyone in P4G matter at all, what with that new valentine's day scene etc? Or is it just there to make you feel like shit? The romantic s.links are more fun than the friend s.links, so I want to go romance all the way with everyone.

DNAbro

So, does romancing everyone in P4G matter at all, what with that new valentine's day scene etc? Or is it just there to make you feel like shit? The romantic s.links are more fun than the friend s.links, so I want to go romance all the way with everyone.

it will try to make you feel like complete shit.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening

• [JP - NA]
  • Oct - Oct
  • Oct - Nov
  • Oct - Dec
  • Nov - Nov
  • Nov - Dec
  • Dec - Dec

November. WW #Believe!

kewlmyc

• [JP - NA]
  • Oct - Oct
  • Oct - Nov
  • Oct - Dec
  • Nov - Nov
  • Nov - Dec
  • Dec - Dec

Would love either Oct-Oct, Nov-Nov, or Dec-Dec. Keep spoilers to a minimum. It's probably unrealistic though.

Setsu00

• [JP - NA]
  • Oct - Oct
  • Oct - Nov
  • Oct - Dec
  • Nov - Nov
  • Nov - Dec
  • Dec - Dec

November would be cool.

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
On the topic on possible simultaneous release: How quickly do you think we'll get spoilers from the game before the damn thing is released outside of Japan, if there's no simultaneous release?

I feel like no matter when the release date for NA(sorry Europeans nothing for you till 2120) is, Imma gonna have to completely disconnect myself from the media. I want my first time playing P5 to be FRESH. I mean, I'll still watch trailers and press release stuff, but I don't wanna see some fool spoiling the ending of the game before I can even get a chance to pre-order that shit.

Tbh, I'll probably just blacklist p5 on tumblr and pray the people I follow tag their shit. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Meia

On the topic on possible simultaneous release: How quickly do you think we'll get spoilers from the game before the damn thing is released outside of Japan, if there's no simultaneous release?

I feel like no matter when the release date for NA(sorry Europeans nothing for you till 2120) is, Imma gonna have to completely disconnect myself from the media. I want my first time playing P5 to be FRESH. I mean, I'll still watch trailers and press release stuff, but I don't wanna see some fool spoiling the ending of the game before I can even get a chance to pre-order that shit.

Tbh, I'll probably just blacklist p5 on tumblr and pray the people I follow tag their shit. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

It really depends on what you feel woudl be a spoiler for the game. I'd like to go in without even really knowing what the full party is going to be, but considering the OPs/covers for these games usually reveal stuff like that it seems like a lost cause. Story stuff should be easy enough to avoid, just avoid anything persona related on the net.

In terms of how fast spoilers will go up? Within like 48 hours of P4G coming out, a spoiler from the second to last dungeon was already up via screenshot, so fairly fast. :p

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
I wanna hear the OST first.

oohhh man, saaame. I'm hopping for a Lupin 3 vibe (which they sourced as their inspiration so that's a given). Exp of what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFtwwby98sg
or Basing on their "Acid Jazz" labeling of the music of the game, this :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-FMsKKIjHM
Both would be very fitting for the theme the game's developers are going for. I could also see some punk inspired tunes since it goes with the rebelling against society theme.

Makio

Waiting for Atlus came and send that "financial" release window to the hell.... but i see many reason to see that (Oct - Dec release) possible i doubt it we get earlier than that.

Still thinking the p5 blu ray gonna include the japanese release date for sure....

Sophia

oohhh man, saaame. I'm hopping for a Lupin 3 vibe (which they sourced as their inspiration so that's a given). Exp of what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFtwwby98sg
or Basing on their "Acid Jazz" labeling of the music of the game, this :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-FMsKKIjHM
Both would be very fitting for the theme the game's developers are going for. I could also see some punk inspired tunes since it goes with the rebelling against society theme.

When we get more footage, someone needs to recreate the Red Jacket opening with Persona 5. >_>;

aravuus

Try and fail. Feels completely heavy handed.

I've watched the first few minutes of it on Youtube and yeah, that's kind of how I felt like too. It made me laugh rather than feel sad or anything like that. I'm sure there are some cute valentine's day scenes if you stick with a single girl, but I'm fucking Yu Narukami, the Pimp King of Inaba. I WILL HAVE ALL THE BITCHES AND I WILL FEEL NO REMORSE. (well I'm actually *myrealname* Superman in-game cause why not, point still stands)

Maybe I'll go friend route with Chie, the selfish annoying girl, Rise and Yukiko, though. I've already seen the romantic ones anyway.

ALSO, I've either forgotten a lot of stuff, or Golden has a ton of new stuff in it. Like, lots of new dialogue etc I don't remember seeing in the original. Loving it!

Weiss

Banned
We'll probably get a huge stream of info after DAN comes out in June. Nice to hear that the game's at least coming out this Fall.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
There's actually no reason why it couldn't.

We waited 18 months for SMT IV and all it ended up being was a straight port of the NA e-shop release. No language options.

FluxWaveZ

Anyone know why they don't list Persona Q or Etrian U2 in the major packaged games section of the report? Considering they do list Sonic Boom 3DS.

They outlined Persona Q previously. Don't know why they didn't do it this time since its numbers are probably more impressive than P4AU's. Perhaps they wanted to focus more on home console numbers in that section, while Sonic is there due to perhaps a significantly stronger performance than other handheld games, or just because it's one of SEGA's most renowned IPs.

Edit: Another possibility that popped into mind is that that list could represent brands/IP games that they would want to continue to leverage in the future, so they specifically outlined those games and their performances for their investors.

My only concern between the gap from Persona 5's JP to English release is how much we're going to need to stay away from the internet because of spoilers. I remember hearing horror stories of people in random twitch chats, only days after P4 came out, spamming "[REDACTED] IS THE KILLER", and i really don't want to have to be that cautious over anywhere I visit for that long.

Try and fail. Feels completely heavy handed.

I did 2 romantic S. Links, with Yukiko and Rise. Went with Yukiko, and Rise's break-up scene made me feel like complete shit afterwards. Maybe because I played the games as if I were the MC, rather than playing as if i were controlling an already pre-defined character.

dattin10.jpg

If only.P5 release in 2150 like i said.

You Said 2120 originally, what did we do to deserve another 30 year wait :(

Sega and Nisa Deal speak against. For god sake get out of those old clichees.
Recently all atlus games came within months if not weeks to europe.....

And yet 3 Atlus games were recently announced to have large gaps between the NA release and the Europe release.

FluxWaveZ

My only concern between the gap from Persona 5's JP to English release is how much we're going to need to stay away from the internet because of spoilers. I remember hearing horror stories of people in random twitch days after the game came out spamming "[REDACTED] IS THE KILLER", and i really don't want to have to be that cautious over anywhere I visit for that long.

Heh, Twitch didn't even exist when Persona 4 came out. It's just a recurring meme during practically any Persona related stream nowadays. That and "[Redacted] did nothing wrong."

I'm decent at avoiding spoilers, so I won't have to worry much about it. I just won't be dumb about how I browse, like reading Persona 5 video comments, looking at recommended videos, or lurking certain message boards.

I'm decent at avoiding spoilers, so I won't have to worry much about it. I just won't be dumb about how I browse, like reading Persona 5 video comments, looking at recommended videos, or lurking certain message boards.
Yeah, it shouldn't be too difficult avoiding spoilers for P5. You could end up with it being spoiled somewhere completely unrelated to Persona but it's not worth worrying about that as it's out of your hands at that point, even then that has a pretty unlikely chance of happening.

Heh, Twitch didn't even exist when Persona 4 came out. It's just a recurring meme during practically any Persona related stream nowadays. That and "[Redacted] did nothing wrong."

Must have been P4G? I didn't know what Persona was until a friend showed me some of P4A, so i was never there to experience it firsthand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom