• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like fun. They did one of these for P4AU, too. Wonder what "special information" they could have two days before the game's out. The next issue of the Persona Magazine should be coinciding with P4D's release, too.

I voted for "Dance!"

Edit: My guess of no Teddie stream last week turned out to be right, but my reasoning was off. Still, I have this feeling... This is what I think now:
  • 5/15 = Teddie trailer
  • 5/21 = Official new character reveal
  • 5/22 = Remix music video
  • 5/29 = New character trailer

DLC stuff, and possibly blu ray related stuff.

There's also the possibility that there aren't any new characters and we know the full cast.

Was it ever revealed what kind of content (making of, new trailer, interviews, etc) would be on special Persona 5 blu ray included with P4D?

Not yet

I don't know whether or not this is the best place to debate or somewhat shame fanon theories. But finding this on Tumblr made me unable to help myself.

The description says: "I have finally realized P3MC may have a form of autism."

tumblr_no1xj0envK1uv3i1zo1_400.jpg

As someone who is autistic, this is stunningly stupid, not only driving to their own conclusions, BUT THE GAME AND THE MOVIE TELL YOU WHY HE'S ALL OF THIS!

FluxWaveZ

DLC stuff, and possibly blu ray related stuff.

There's also the possibility that there aren't any new characters and we know the full cast.

Definitely not Blu-ray related stuff; that stream will be P4D's time to shine and I doubt "Persona 5'" is even going to get mentioned... well, outside of re-iterating that P4D first-print copies come with the Blu-ray. DLC stuff is definitely likely, or some sort of post-launch event. Showing off a bit of the P4D Persona Magazine could count, too.

And nah, I can't accept that possibility. What do you think would explain those two blatantly empty slots on the P4D character page, alongside the two unrevealed P4D mini posters? A design mistake and a coincidence? This is exactly what they did with P4AU; I'm not seeing it as even being a possibility.

Definitely not Blu-ray related stuff; that stream will be P4D's time to shine and I doubt "Persona 5'" is even going to get mentioned... well, outside of re-iterating that P4D first-print copies come with the Blu-ray. DLC stuff is definitely likely, or some sort of post-launch event. Showing off a bit of the P4D Persona Magazine could count, too.

And nah, I can't accept that possibility. What do you think would explain those two blatantly empty slots on the P4D character page, alongside the two unrevealed P4D mini posters? A design mistake and a coincidence? This is exactly what they did with P4AU; I'm not seeing it as even being a possibility.

I wouldn't take too much from the website layout, Atlus doesn't have the best history of planning those out. Persona Q's website still has "coming soon" charecter trailers for everyone for example.

The posters in addition to that do make it seem more likely that it is characters, and I do think that Atlus have to have more to show for the game. I'm just wondering how more characters would fit into the game with the limited track list, unless they add some that are just "partners only"

FluxWaveZ

I'm just wondering how more characters would fit into the game with the limited track list, unless they add some that are just "partners only"

This is the one thing that makes me doubt the possibility of a new character somewhat. However, this is based on the assumption that new characters would be DLC, which I'm not necessarily on board with. Just based on the music list on the music page, there will still be 9 songs left if every confirmed character in the game gets 2 songs (and we know there's more music in the game than listed there). Without being DLC characters alongside new songs of their own, a couple of new characters could still have two of those currently unassociated ones.

PK Gaming

I don't know whether or not this is the best place to debate or somewhat shame fanon theories. But finding this on Tumblr made me unable to help myself.

As someone who is autistic, this is stunningly stupid, not only driving to their own conclusions, BUT THE GAME AND THE MOVIE TELL YOU WHY HE'S ALL OF THIS!

Wow

Not only do they have a profound misunderstanding of autism, they're reaching pretty hard with those claims. I've gotta hand it to them; it takes a lot to seriously piss me off, but they managed to pull it off.

Wow

Not only do they have a profound misunderstanding of autism, they're reaching pretty hard with those claims. I've gotta hand it to them; it takes a lot to seriously piss me off, but they managed to pull it off.

Likewise. Though is mainly based off the movie, I take solace in the reason why Makoto is all of those things will be revealed, and the asshole who made it will have his fanon utterly debunked.

Dantis

Wow

I would assume that it isn't meant to be taken as a sincere theory, and more like a jokey thing you'd see on Cracked After Hours.

LX_Theo

Banned
If that's the case, then they probably should have picked a different subject to joke around with.

Eh. It reminds me of how people misdiagnose themselves on diseases from reading up on the symptoms online all the time.

Its probably not serious like said, but its likely an unfortunate coincidence they thought of it while reading about autism.

Not sure if anyone else saw this last night, and it might not be a big deal. But perhaps P4D has finished recording voice over?

(Valerie is an English voice director for various Persona games and is the current voice of Naoto)

I asked her if it was P4D (in the most tongue-in-cheek manner) but she only faved my inquiry. Magic 8-ball says: "Reply hazy, try again."

Dantis

Not sure if anyone else saw this last night, and it might not be a big deal. But perhaps P4D has finished recording voice over?

(Valerie is an English voice director for various Persona games and is the current voice of Naoto)

I asked her if it was P4D (in the most tongue-in-cheek manner) but she only faved my inquiry. Magic 8-ball says: "Reply hazy, try again."

It is quite possibly P4D. Though if it's only just wrapped on recording it might be further out than I'd expected.

FluxWaveZ

Nice, that sounds like P4D. Erin said something vague about them wrapping it up exactly a month ago, so this lines up. I think an August/September release is likely. Considering all the games Atlus USA has announced thus far, they haven't actually given any the "Fall 2015" release window yet. I'll go with September.

Olengie

Eh. It reminds me of how people misdiagnose themselves on diseases from reading up on the symptoms online all the time.

Its probably not serious like said, but its likely an unfortunate coincidence they thought of it while reading about autism.

LOL. Just reminds me of Tumblr.

DNAbro

So Ratchet and Clank got delayed to next year. At this point Persona 5 is becoming more and more important as an exclusive.

please for the love of god don't let P5 be the next victim of delays

Weiss

Banned
So with Ratchet PS4 pushed back, we have yet another Sony exclusive knocked to 2016.

But surely such a thing would never happen to Persona 5, right?

Right?

EDIT: Curse you, DNAbro. Curse you and all your descendents.

Tumblr is like any community. There are positive and bad things, but usually people will only remember the most infamous part of a community. It's not really fair to denounce all members of a group just because a vocal minority does something stupid.

It's natural that people take the most notice of the bad. That's the part that needs fixing. Or staying the hell away from.
Same it's become harder to mute people there.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Tumblr is like any community. There are positive and bad things, but usually people will only remember the most infamous part of a community. It's not really fair to denounce all members of a group just because a vocal minority does something stupid.

Maybe I need to follow better blogs.

FluxWaveZ

So Ratchet and Clank got delayed to next year. At this point Persona 5 is becoming more and more important as an exclusive.

please for the love of god don't let P5 be the next victim of delays

I bet No Man's Sky gets delayed too.

The spotlight is there to shine more and more on Persona 5, if opportunity chooses to favor it.

DNAbro

So with Ratchet PS4 pushed back, we have yet another Sony exclusive knocked to 2016.

But surely such a thing would never happen to Persona 5, right?

Right?

EDIT: Curse you, DNAbro. Curse you and all your descendents.

at least we are both worried about the same thing lol

How likely will there be fanservice romance elements in p4d akin to pq? Or will it be like Arena and just focus on fighting and zero romance.

Sophia

I don't even know what to think about this claim of autism. Being on the spectrum myself, I'm just kinda... baffled. All these examples, except for the beach one, are from the first movie too. The second movie clearly establishes that a lot of his personality traits stern from post-traumatic stress disorder and his parent's death.

Autistic or not, however, Persona Q does clearly establish him as being a cloudcuckoolander and a bit strange. That characterization is relatively consistent with the movies and drama CDs.

Still trying to figure out how the creator of that came to the conclusion that "no real fear of danger" and "may not want to cuddle" are autistic traits. The later is distinctively a social trait of Japan/asian culture more than anything.

I don't even know what to think about this claim of autism. Being on the spectrum myself, I'm just kinda... baffled. All these examples, except for the beach one, are from the first movie too. The second movie clearly establishes that a lot of his personality traits stern from post-traumatic stress disorder and his parent's death.

Autistic or not, however, Persona Q does clearly establish him as being a cloudcuckoolander and a bit strange. That characterization is relatively consistent with the movies and drama CDs.

Still trying to figure out how the creator of that came to the conclusion that "no real fear of danger" and "may not want to cuddle" are autistic traits. The later is distinctively a social trait of Japan/asian culture more than anything.

Bolded is the reason why I'm so angry about it. If he's seen the second movie, it's obvious why pretty much everything he's written is thrown rightfully out the window.

Sophia

Bolded is the reason why I'm so angry about it. If he's seen the second movie, it's obvious why pretty much everything he's written is thrown rightfully out the window.

In regards to that:
the third movie only further runs with this
, further discrediting the idea that the P3 protagonist is autistic.

If any character in Persona had autistic traits or was on the autistic spectrum, I'd have to say it's the anime portrayal of Yu Narukami. His means of socializing in the anime isn't terribly different from that of someone with Asperger's Syndrome, especially in the blunt manner in which he gives some replies from time to time. But this only holds up for the anime adaptation itself. Persona Q, Arena, and Ultimax keep the quirky traits, but make it very clear he does not have socializing issues that we see in the anime, or that would be typical of someone with Asperger's. And being weird, alone, does not make someone autistic.

GamingBird, might I ask why you ask such, for lack of a nicer term, inane questions? Like, does it really matter if P4D has fanservice? Considering what type of game you're playing, it's almost certain.

I apologize if this comes off as demeaning, but it's something that I've noticed.

oh!! You're a Persona roleplayer too?! I just started a Yukino Mayuzumi rp blog since she has so little love. :( Been really fun so far, though, meet some swell peeps. Who is your muse(s?), if you don't mind?

Yukiko. I've ran a Yu and a P5 MC blog for a while. Add me at amxgi, don't worry about the OOC stuff lol, trying to watch the Caps - Rangers game without having a heart attack.

EDIT: What a coincidence! You are indeed following me, hell you even gave me a thread with Eriko!

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
Yukiko. I've ran a Yu and a P5 MC blog for a while. Add me at amxgi, don't worry about the OOC stuff lol, trying to watch the Caps - Rangers game without having a heart attack.

OH shit, gurl, I already follow you! I thought it was you! I'm shutterbugempress. :)

EDIT: lmao, yeah! I saw that Minato/autusim post here and remember seeing your post on my dash and was like "yo....hold up is this...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom