• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

I'm in agreement with Flux on this one. I don't think Catherine's level of quality is outside the realm of possibility now. Especially with the initial trailer showing a limited selection of scenes all rendered in game. In real time.

Also wow, Flux. I read that thread and suddenly feel like a nerd.

This is what I said back before the game was revealed:

Several disagreed with me back then (on this page), but my opinion remains the same: I do not care about 2D portraits if the presentation can be representative of what was seen in Catherine. And no, I still do not believe that Catherine's level of presentation is somehow more resource intensive than the alternative when stock camera movements, character animations and other masking techniques can be used to account for that.

All of the characters in Catherine were far more expressive than anything seen in the 2d portraits of P3 and 4, if they can hit that quality again I'll be more than happy, I also really like the tears shown in the last trailer so I'm interested to see how those are used.

I think at this point, the very minimum we should expect is something similar to what was initially going to be P4D's conversations.

p4dancing04_thumb.jpg

Something along these lines, where the cut in portrait is still animated, would be acceptable, but like most other people, I think Catherine level presentation will be where P5 is going to go.

I wish they'd have gone with this, rather than the Arena style flappy mouths for P4D

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
I'm with agreement with the Catherine-like presentation for P5. It's much more dynamic and engaging, I think. And those cut-ins are cool as fuck, tbh. The new presentation just seems like a logical step for a new number in the series, ya know? The persona team is working with a new platform, the might as well take advantage of all the new advancements they couldn't do before in older ones.

I'm with agreement with the Catherine-like presentation for P5. It's much more dynamic and engaging, I think. And those cut-ins are cool as fuck, tbh. The new presentation just seems like a logical step for a new number in the series, ya know? The persona team is working with a new platform, the might as well take advantage of all the new advancements they couldn't do before in older ones.

If that cut-in from the trailer is anything like how it'll be ingame, I get the feeling it'll outlive its welcome quickly.

Dantis

I think at this point, the very minimum we should expect is something similar to what was initially going to be P4D's conversations.

p4dancing04_thumb.jpg

Something along these lines, where the cut in portrait is still animated, would be acceptable, but like most other people, I think Catherine level presentation will be where P5 is going to go.

I wish they'd have gone with this, rather than the Arena style flappy mouths for P4D

This story mode looks so much more interesting. It suggests that there were 3D environments to move around.

FluxWaveZ

This story mode looks so much more interesting. It suggests that there were 3D environments to move around.

For myself, when I saw that from Dingo, I only though it was one of two things:

1. Like a visual novel with relatively bad presentation, it would represent a static, poorly modeled 3D environment with barely any movement at all (ala a Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward) in order to set a scene. Animated close-ups of the character models would then come into the frame (blocking even some of the 3D character models) and the background would be obscured to capture the player's attention away from it.
  2. Point 1, except with character animations in those 3D scenes instead of it being completely static, with the pop-up portraits being zoom-ins of the animations the 3D models are performing in the background.
I would be surprised if there was ever a point in the design process where they thought to have the player roam around an environment themselves.

You guys were saying p5's MC has a voice actor? Does this mean p5mc will be fully voiced now like in pq? Does this represent change for the series like DAO to DA2 DA3?

Soulflarz

Banned
You guys were saying p5's MC has a voice actor? Does this mean p5mc will be fully voiced now like in pq? Does this represent change for the series like DAO to DA2 DA3?

I'm curious- why do you always ask us questions that we literally cannot answer?

I mean...it's one thing to say "hey, I think the MC might be fully voiced!" but asking us these things as questions just doesn't really work when we cannot answer them in the slightest >.>

Edit: Not trying to be rude in any way, but yeah, I've noticed a pattern of questions...

You do realize the only MC in PQ that was a fully voiced character was the one you didn't play as, right?
Also, I doubt a western RPG series' trend has that high correlation with that of a JRPG.

I'm curious- why do you always ask us questions that we literally cannot answer?

I mean...it's one thing to say "hey, I think the MC might be fully voiced!" but asking us these things as questions just doesn't really work when we cannot answer them in the slightest >.>

Edit: Not trying to be rude in any way, but yeah, I've noticed a pattern of questions...

Once again, I don't know. Seems right in reposting this:

You seem to worry a lot. At this rate you might even want to consider compiling your questions etc in a [GamingBird P4D and P5 worries OT]

Like, come on Bird. Lay off and wait until we get more info on...damn, anything really.

EDIT: The threads he's made certainly echo the questions he's had in this thread.

I still don't like it when they put Naoto in sexytimes uniforms. The other girls just make me think that it's been a long time since I actively wanted bikini girls in the games I play.

FluxWaveZ

I was wrong again for the future P4D updates. I think the fact that they're holding off on Teddie for this long definitely means there'll be another playable character. I wonder if human Teddie could be one of them, potentially explaining why they've been holding his trailer back so far.

Edit: Apparently from Nippon Ichi Software's earning release:
nis japan's plans for the new year:
-improve/strengthen relationship with nisa
This one stood out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom