• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I'm worried that there won't be enough swimsuit outfits. Do you guys know how many there will be? Can you give me a thorough release schedule for all planned sexy DLC outfits?

VegiHam

If we're doing blatant pandering could we at least make it equal opportunities? Where is my swimsuit Kanji video Atlas?!

Is the signs of love remix the one in Naoto's video? Cus it's great.

b0C7sAy.jpg

N5NSy7z.jpg

Not going to lie, I MUCH preferred the 'big band' style remix of 'signs of love' used in Naoto's trailer to this version.

This one is still good, but the other one is way better.

Dantis

Not going to lie, I MUCH preferred the 'big band' style remix of 'signs of love' used in Naoto's trailer to this version.

This one is still good, but the other one is way better.
That's because the one you're talking about is a Meguro remix from P4 Reincarnation. The one from today is made for P4D.

MSMrRound

Insert Coin Clothing's teaming up with Atlus for some Persona 4 Golden clothing (Thread here)seems pretty cool. Will definitely keep an eye on it since I work in video game retail and I'm always on the lookout for Persona gaming themed shirts to wear at work.Hopefully they might come up with a P5 line in the future.

PK Gaming

Rough translation (courtesy of [redacted] from tumblr)

Rise: It's a sexy swimsuit bonanza ♥
Yukiko: Wait a minute, we're going to be dancing...in swimsuits?
Naoto: Wut
Rise: You got it! In this day in age, a girl's gotta strut her stuff if you know what i'm saying ♥
Chie: Damn. I'm not entirely sure I agree with that...
Rise: Shut the fuck up Chie-senpai ♥ The world runs on fanservice now ♥
Naoto: How dare you subject us to this... depravity! I'll... I'll...I'll...
Chie: Yeah! Screw you!!
Yukiko: I'm with Chie... this is so very wrong.
Naoto: Arrest you!! I'm going to arrest you!
Rise: Naoto-kun just chill, you sexy-cutie ♪
Chie: sexy-cutie...?
Teddie: (Something about discovering the joys of masturbation)
Yosuke: oh my god
Kanji: Huh? What? Why are you guys acting like that? It's no big deal. I seriously don't give a shit if the girls are in swimsuits. Really, I seriously don't give a shit. I really, seriously DON'T GIVE A SHIT.
Yu: I really, seriously doubt that.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
That, uh, kinda makes it better! I mean if it's a little self aware and the characters think it's dumb then that's cool.
Yeah, if you break the 4th wall it becomes a commentary on the medium itself, and thus true art. This is the best thing that could've happened.

aravuus

Some of the added scenes in P4G feel.. Odd. Like the beach trip and the band stuff in Junes. It's always been the most cheerful game about murder I've played, but these are all particularly light-hearted.

Not a complaint, really, they have their moments. I suppose the reason they feel so out of place could be just that I'm playing Golden after finishing the original P4 a bunch of times.

VegiHam

Yeah, if you break the 4th wall it becomes a commentary on the medium itself, and thus true art. This is the best thing that could've happened.
Hey, I said better, not good. (Assuming you're being sarcastic)
Some of the added scenes in P4G feel.. Odd. Like the beach trip and the band stuff in Junes. It's always been the most cheerful game about murder I've played, but these are all particularly light-hearted.

Not a complaint, really, they have their moments. I suppose the reason they feel so out of place could be just that I'm playing Golden after finishing the original P4 a bunch of times.
I didn't notice anything like this, having never played the original. It could be, however, that my feeling about what the game is is different to yours because of those scenes. *shrug* Some of my favourite parts of Persona 4 are things I later learned were new for golden. In particular one very small moment in the epilogue I thought was great.

DNAbro

I enjoy the beach scene, the band scene is just a step too far. First one is something that might happen, second is just the stuff of fantasy and it's silly.

This doesn't seem to have been covered.

The Amazon.co.jp pre-order exclusive PS Vita custom theme for P4D is planned to be available for purchase on the (JP) PS Store for an unannounced price after September 25, according to the text below the item information. As we have no idea what this theme looks like, I'll assume it's not the same one as the pre-installed theme for those who are getting the Premium Crazy Box edition, as we know how it looks. We don't know how the Amazon.co.jp pre-order P4D custom theme looks, therefore I assume it's different than the Premium Crazy Box one. We'll most likely know sooner or later.

This is good news for those who didn't want to pre-order the normal edition of the game or the Crazy Value Pack from Amazon.co.jp, but still want whatever custom theme they're offering. I know the theme was announced for those who are pre-ordering the game from Amazon.co.jp a while back, but I never saw any word on it being publically available on the future.

aravuus

I enjoy the beach scene, the band scene is just a step too far. First one is something that might happen, second is just the stuff of fantasy and it's silly.

Well, the only reason I mentioned the beach scene was because of the short anime clip of you driving there. I think it was a bit weird, but overall I also really enjoyed the beach stuff. The reason I just now decided to make this post is because I just saw the band scene and yeah, you're probably right on that. It was something utterly impossible, which made it feel particularly out of place.

Oh btw, I remember reading that I can romance Marie and one other girl and not get any valentine's day repercussions, is this right? Cause Marie's Slink has been fucking weird with very little actual interaction with her, so I really want to see her lover's route. I have a feeling it's gonna be even worse than her poetry, but in a hilarious way. I just don't want to let Naoto down come valentine's day!

Beach scene was great and fit into the game wonderfully. The band scene felt really silly. Golden's added scenes fluctuated between those two a lot.

aravuus

Beach scene was great and fit into the game wonderfully. The band scene felt really silly. Golden's added scenes fluctuated between those two a lot.

Yeah, sure.

Since it's been a couple of years since I last finished the game, I'm noticing some other minor flaws too that I have either forgotten or never really paid any attention to. Topmost right now is Rise.

While it would be really cool, I understand why they haven't included any S.link romantic stuff in story scenes, it would be too much work. But why did they decide to make Rise flirt with MC constantly? Not being all lovey-dovey with someone you girlfriended through S.links during story segments is fine - the work they're doing is more important than a short high school romance after all etc yadda yadda - but if you DO have a girlfriend in the group, would she really just stand there all quiet while Rise's going all "oh senpai I want you to FUCKING GIVE IT TO ME RIGHT NOW RIGHT HERE PLEASE I CRAVE IT"

It's especially hilarious if Chie's your girlfriend, since she seems to be the one who's always commenting on Rise's flirting. "Oh THAT RISE haha, always hitting on my boyfriend in front of me being disrespectful as FUCK LOL"

Maybe I'm biased. Rise's definitely one of the weaker named characters in the game imo.

e: If P5 is gonna go with you being able to romance pretty much anyone again, I kind of wouldn't mind if they tried to incorporate the romance more in the main story stuff by making it so you can only have one girlfriend at a time or something like that

Setsu00

Feel like giving us an actual translation?

Rise: "Those are new costumes, right?"
Chie: "Aren't those swimsuits a bit ... embarassing?"
Yukiko: "Please, don't look at me like this."
Naoto: "This is..."
Rise: "I guess we don't have a choice then! Let's do some fanservice!"
Yukiko: "This design is very playful!"
Rise: "Chie-senpai, you're the best!"
Naoto: "I'm speechless! That's beautiful!"
Chie: "That swimsuit looks perfect on you!"
Yukiko: "Don't look there."
Naoto: [...]
Rise: "Nao-kun, you're super sexy!"
Chie: "Why is she so cute?!"
Teddie: [...]
Yosuke: "Who do you like best, Kanji?"
Kanji: [...]
Yu: "So fashionable."

I couldn't make out what Naoto, Teddie and Kanji were saying at the points where I marked it. Other than that it should be pretty accurate.

muteki

I wish they would acknowledge that these exact same swimsuits were worn by them not too long ago. They shouldn't be so surprised.

I'm likely just being picky and it is probably a one-off preview filler dialogue but still.

Dantis

Rise: "Those are new costumes, right?"
Chie: "Aren't those swimsuits a bit ... embarassing?"
Yukiko: "Please, don't look at me like this."
Naoto: "This is..."
Rise: "I guess we don't have a choice then! Let's do some fanservice!"
Yukiko: "This design is very playful!"
Rise: "Chie-senpai, you're the best!"
Naoto: "I'm speechless! That's beautiful!"
Chie: "That swimsuit looks perfect on you!"
Yukiko: "Don't look there."
Naoto: [...]
Rise: "Nao-kun, you're super sexy!"
Chie: "Why is she so cute?!"
Teddie: [...]
Yosuke: "Who do you like best, Kanji?"
Kanji: [...]
Yu: "So fashionable."

I couldn't make out what Naoto, Teddie and Kanji were saying at the points where I marked it. Other than that it should be pretty accurate.

Dear lord.

I like PK's translation more than this shit.

I think I'm glad that I won't be able to understand the story mode.

84X

Banned
Guy's swimsuits will either be in the base game (not as promotable as girl's swimsuits I guess) or DLC.

Nothing to genuinely worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom