• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrvv

wallie for those who interested

50367197_p0odq8g.jpg

345 | ♣3 [pixiv]

aravuus

Goddamn, the music in Heaven dungeon is... Bittersweet? Whatever the word is I'm looking for, it's making me sad :(

e: thankfully, the boss music there is fucking amazing

aravuus

I have a confession to make

I think the theme to Heaven is the worst dungeon track of P4

I hated it at first too, but now I quite like it. Or, well, I like half of it. I love the slow parts but when the tempo goes up, it gets kind of terrible.

I never realized how much great songs P4 does have, though. Pretty much everything aside from some of the dungeon stuff is amazing, from the catchy as fuck Tanaka's commodities theme song to the mysterious, creepy songs you get when there's fog, something in the midnight channel etc

e: and WHAT'S with the music that plays after school during the foggy times? This is like something out of a MGS game lmao

Drop

I have a confession to make

I think the theme to Heaven is the worst dungeon track of P4

It's my favourite :p there's only another one I really like,
Long way,
and one I find pretty good,
Game
, all the rest is forgettable at best.
I almost forgot about it because I haven't played golden but the new dungeon also has a pretty good theme.

cj_iwakura

Compared to hearing nine variations of Tartarus, P4's dungeon music was fantastic. Not a track I didn't like. Heaven or Magatsu Inaba's was my favorite, especially in Ultimax.

It was nice to have themed dungeons again.

The one thing that bugged me about the dungeon music in P4 was that it started over after each battle.

Yup, for the early dungeons, it didnt bother me as much, like Kanji and Rise's dungeons since the music is just.......... well, it fits thematically but I dont exactly have it on my playlist.

But having Heaven and Memory and Corridor loop the beginning every 15-20 seconds is kind of a pain, since those songs are great!

Drop

Yup, for the early dungeons, it didnt bother me as much, like Kanji and Rise's dungeons since the music is just.......... well, it fits thematically but I dont exactly have it on my playlist.

But having Heaven and Memory and Corridor loop the beginning every 15-20 seconds is kind of a pain, since those songs are great!

I started avoiding battles in heaven just to listen to the song, it was the only way to get to the best part.

PK Gaming

I also have a confession to make.

Master of Shadow is trash and Master of Tartarus is woefully underrated and overshadowed by trash.

Master of Tartarus is pretty bad

It's really repetitive and made even worse by the fact that it's played during long, drawn out boss battles

The YEAH-YEAH-YEAAAAAAAAAH part is good though

Master of Shadow is a great song that fits the fights against the shadows very well. It is suitably otherworldly sounding. Master of Tartarus is a boring and mostly generic JRPG fight song.

Truth

Master of Shadow is a great song that fits the fights against the shadows very well. It is suitably otherworldly sounding. Master of Tartarus is a boring and comparatively generic JRPG fight song.

Mr_Joe

Master of Tartarus has, like, one good part in it and the rest is just there.

Master of Shadow took a bit to grow on me.

I'll Face Myself kicks both their asses though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom