• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
3seHfKp.jpg

6NseNqa.jpg

SvKx1qP.png

I finished my V2 evoker guys! Has a working spring loaded trigger that activates a powerful barrel light, slide that can be pulled back, grip lights, full metal body, etc.

Just wanted to post my latest persona work here :p
Dude, that looks super cool! I think I saw this on someone's tumblr too. You're cosplaying as Junpei, right?
I mean, it's a logical connection to make but I don't remember the game going out of its way to point it out, could you give any examples?

I like to think that it's true, I think it's pretty cool. It's been a while since I played Arena, not sure if there's any inconsistency.
I actually haven't played the game tbh, but I follow someone and she wrote an analyses about the connect between
Rei and the girl the Kirijo group used as a base for the personalities of all the anti shadow weapons.
I'll see if I can find a link to the post later. I know it's a little "eh" to use another fan's interpretation as evidence, but the person in question is very observant of the games and everything they take is found in canon.
Interestingly, before that theory, me and a few other people speculated that maybe
Maki Sonomura was the ill girl used in the experiments. But in P4UA it's stated that the girl has long been dead, and Maki since P2:ep is alive and healthy and no longer sick.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201505/19078909.html

Margaret and Human Teddie confirmed

also dlc info in Famitsu this week

s2pnCUQ.jpg

iTCRl1u.jpg

9EznXLN.jpg

Margaret will be playable in Free Mode when certain conditions are cleared, and General Teddie is a DLC costume. No idea how Human Teddie works, I guess we'll have more info in a few hours when the leaks come out though.

HOLY SHIT THEY LOOK FANTASTIC!

Margaret and human Teddie look super good.

I wonder what outfits Margaret will have?

People will flip their shit if she has a Yaso uniform.

:|

I never knew I wanted yaso Margaret until now......

Also, I expected banana hammock kanji, I did NOT expect birth of Venus kanji......

Well played Atlus, well played.

EDIT: I wonder what songs Margaret will be getting, since that screenshot isn't in 'fever' state, so she's clearly the main dancer in at least one song. Ooh, I wonder what her style is going to be. Maybe they'll put in the velvet room mix from ultimax/pq. Yay Margaret! Now I'm super excited for this game!

I wonder if the conditions to unlock Margaret will be anything special or if she will just be unlocked after beating the story mode.

I'm leaning towards Dojima being the last charecter, rather than Marie. Unless Human Teddie is treated as a separate charecter and there are no others, but I don't think that will be the case given how they've been holding off on his trailer.

I wish it was Dojima, but it's going to be Marie.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I'm starting to get pissed off with the amount of content they're holding back for DLC. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but always it bothers me when they announce plannd DLC so far in advance of a games launch (in the west at least).

Feels less like additional stuff and more like content they've cut from the game to sell back to you at further cost.

FluxWaveZ

EDIT: I wonder what songs Margaret will be getting, since that screenshot isn't in 'fever' state, so she's clearly the main dancer in at least one song. Ooh, I wonder what her style is going to be. Maybe they'll put in the velvet room mix from ultimax/pq. Yay Margaret! Now I'm super excited for this game!

That screenshot isn't in Fever mode?

FluxWaveZ

They wouldn't do that to us.

Right?

I bet Atlus USA would want to release it, and maybe even Atlus Japan too. I don't know about the licensing details, but I assume that sometimes they're too convoluted and costly for it to be reasonable, which would explain why we didn't get the music in P4AU. I'm sure the priority for release would be increased when it comes to P4D, however.

FluxWaveZ

............no?

You can see where the fever mode activates and where the arrow symbolising where you are in the song is.......... its really clear.

Oh! So that's how it works. I've not scrutinized the UI enough until now, and I've always been confused when it came to when things are in "Fever" mode and when they aren't. Thanks.

muteki

Margaret killing it like usual. Amazing.

Dazzling Smile.

Can't wait to see Marie's outfit for this one...

The amount of DLC is getting ridiculous.

Having a lot of DLC is natural for a rhythm game, but it is unusual to see so much of it announced before the game even launches. Luckily most of what has been announced so far has been free. Just sucks for those without a JP PSN account.

biodude

Neo Member
Dude, that looks super cool! I think I saw this on someone's tumblr too. You're cosplaying as Junpei, right?

Yeah, I plan to cosplay Junpei again along with his costume variants. Working on my devil summer 1 cosplay of Kyouji Kuzunoha too, along with hol horse.

I'll take get some good pics at the upcoming photoshoots this week and post here :)

FluxWaveZ

Knew Margaret would make it in. Who else would dance to Electronica in the Velvet Room? Also yay for human Teddie.

Yeah, knowing that there would be at least two more character reveals, Margaret was an easy one to guess. Marie is the other inevitable one, and I'm kind of surprised they revealed Margaret before her.

Store Exclusive:
  • Lawson Costumes
Free Costume DLC:
  • Winter Outfits
  • Ski Trip Outfits
  • Midwinter Outfits
  • General Teddie
Paid Costume DLC:
  • Cross Dressing Costumes (Yu Confirmed)
  • Seaweed Costumes (Kanji Confirmed)
  • Female Swimsuits (free with day 1 copies)
  • Gekkoukan Uniforms (or Premium Box)
  • Epilogue Outfits (or Premium Box)
Free Song DLC:
  • Shadow World
Paid Song DLC:
  • Sky's the Limit
  • Beauty of Destiny
  • Key Plus Words
  • Love Detective
  • Next Chance to Move On
  • Dazzling Smile
  • Never More (Golden Credits Version) (or Premium Box)

I think this should be all the DLC stuff confirmed so far. I'm pretty sure that it's been said that the premium box stuff will be sold separately at a later date.

I still think that no Marie is a possibility. If it's like Ultimax, every charecter will at least feature in story mode, even if they don't dance. We know Dojima is in the story, but there's been no sign of Marie. I'm pretty sure we'd seen screens of her Ultimax's story before she was revealed as DLC for that.

FluxWaveZ

The Gekkoukan and Epilogue outfits are also in the Crazy Value Pack and not just the Premium Crazy Box, but I think that should be it.

I still think that no Marie is a possibility. If it's like Ultimax, every charecter will at least feature in story mode, even if they don't dance. We know Dojima is in the story, but there's been no sign of Marie. I'm pretty sure we'd seen screens of her Ultimax's story before she was revealed as DLC for that.

But you also thought that no new characters was a possibility. Marie would have much more dynamic with the rest of the crew than Dojima would (making for easier implementation into duets), and I also see her as being more appropriate for a dancing game than Dojima by far.

For Ultimax, I'm pretty sure we didn't see any screens of Marie in the game's story until at least the week before she was confirmed in the game.

The Gekkoukan and Epilogue outfits are also in the Crazy Value Pack and not just the Premium Crazy Box, but I think that should be it.

But you also thought that no new characters was a possibility. Marie would have much more dynamic with the rest of the crew than Dojima would (making for easier implementation into duets), and I also see her as being more appropriate for a dancing game than Dojima by far.

For Ultimax, I'm pretty sure we didn't see any screens of Marie in the game's story until at least the week before she was confirmed in the game.

Now watch it turn out to be Adachi.

Fair enough, Marie would be more fitting for a dancing game, and Dojima would be a bit boring since Yu already has the Hard-boiled detective look.

With them doing packs of 6 songs, adding a charecter as DLC now seems slightly more realistic too, although I wouldn't be surprised if the anime ones just ran the relevant op or ed instead of a dance. Maybe if they do a P3 pack they could have a P3 dancer, although that's being very optimistic.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I expect none of the DLC to be free in EU, even for a limited time.

We had the pleasure of being charged for character DLC for Ultimax right out of the gate, I don't see this being any different.

A couple more details minor from Famitsu:

The other velvet room and maid costumes are shown off, and there's online score ranking confirmed.

There's some sort of animated movie as the background for the Shadow World DLC too.

I think it says that the final two Famitsu posters are finalised too? So that might suggest no more characters? or that could be the site speculating, I'm not sure.

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/44816613.html

FluxWaveZ

There's some sort of animated movie as the background for the Shadow World DLC too.

Hachima Kikou mentioned something like that, too. I don't really get it. What came to mind was just the P4G intro, but does that mean it's the OP version of Shadow World or that the P4G OP has been extended? Guess we might find out through the scans.

I think it says that the final two Famitsu posters are finalised too? So that might suggest no more characters? or that could be the site speculating, I'm not sure.

I think it might be saying something like "Since the Famitsu DX Pack has 12 clear posters, and the final 2 characters have been confirmed... [???]" It could be what you're saying, though, I can't tell. And, yeah, not sure if it's speculation or not. How I interpreted the announcement was that human Teddie was an alternate costume for Teddie, so he wouldn't be counted as an extra character, but I guess he actually might be? I dunno.

Hachima Kikou mentioned something like that, too. I don't really get it. What came to mind was just the P4G intro, but does that mean it's the OP version of Shadow World or that the P4G OP has been extended? Guess we might find out through the scans.

I think it might be saying something like "Since the Famitsu DX Pack has 12 clear posters, and the final 2 characters have been confirmed... [???]" It could be what you're saying, though, I can't tell. And, yeah, not sure if it's speculation or not. How I interpreted the announcement was that human Teddie was an alternate costume for Teddie, so he wouldn't be counted as an extra character, but I guess he actually might be? I dunno.

Siliconera said that human Teddie was part of Teddie's routine, which is what I assumed from PV2. I'm not sure if that's an actual translation though, or if they're just guessing.

FluxWaveZ

Siliconera said that human Teddie was part of Teddie's routine, which is what I assumed from PV2. I'm not sure if that's an actual translation though, or if they're just guessing.

Okay, that makes sense, and it's also what I had thought after seeing PV2 until now. Then I don't know what Sokuho@Hokanko's saying, since there would still be one more outstanding character poster out of the set of 12. Maybe they're assuming human Teddie's one of them, but I doubt it if it also relates to the empty slots on the website.

Maybe human!Teddie IS part of vanilla!Teddie's routine, while also being his own separate character?
Why put the effort into making a whole other character when they've already got a perfectly good -albeit slightly used- model ready to go?

Levito

Banned
Random question: Who's playing DAN on Vita vs. VitaTV?

I've seen a lot of Megaten fans(that didn't own a Vita) jumping on the super low price the VitaTV is at now just to play DAN, just curious.

Messiah

I've seen a lot of Megaten fans(that didn't own a Vita) jumping on the super low price the VitaTV is at now just to play DAN, just curious.

Vita and touch controls.
Handheld platforms are my go to for rhythmgames.

arue

HUMAN TEDDIE IS FINALLY HERE.

Kinda surprised to see Margaret as a playable character. I thought Marie would be revealed first.

PK Gaming

Store Exclusive:
  • Lawson Costumes
Free Costume DLC:
  • Winter Outfits
  • Ski Trip Outfits
  • Midwinter Outfits
  • General Teddie
Paid Costume DLC:
Free Song DLC:
  • Shadow World
Paid Song DLC:
  • Sky's the Limit
  • Beauty of Destiny
  • Key Plus Words
  • Love Detective
  • Next Chance to Move On
  • Dazzling Smile
  • Never More (Golden Credits Version) (or Premium Box)

I think this should be all the DLC stuff confirmed so far. I'm pretty sure that it's been said that the premium box stuff will be sold separately at a later date.

Paid Costume DLC:

Paid Costume DLC:

MariaHolicNoseBleed.gif

When's Labrys ;_;

Regular Vita. Still wish Sony followed through on adding video out support on the Vita, but instead scrapped it for the Vita TV (that little "mystery" port next to the game cart? Video out cable port).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom