• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Teddie's and Margaret's character renders are sort of bad.

Also the Shadow World DLC? That's a previously announced track, so wipe at least one from the track number.

Atlus are really being shitty with the DLC in this. No idea what they're thinking. Feels like the game loses more and more value every week.

Tamanon

Banned
Teddie's and Margaret's character renders are sort of bad.

Also the Shadow World DLC? That's a previously announced track, so wipe at least one from the track number.

Atlus are really being shitty with the DLC in this. No idea what they're thinking. Feels like the game loses more and more value every week.

I believe there are multiple Shadow World remixes. One or two in the main game.

nvm.

I wonder if it's just the video that's new in the DLC version, the song isn't listed as DLC on the P4D site so I assume it's still in the base game. That would make it a pretty pointless bonus, guess that's why it's free.

Dantis

I believe there are multiple Shadow World remixes. One or two in the main game.

The Shadow World DLC is a previously announced track. The normal version, Koduka Mix and De De Mouse remix were all previously announced.

This is a new remix, it's not one of the three in the base game.

Wrong. Check P-Ch.

As an aside, this leaves us with 16 songs to go around the cast. So it won't even be three songs per character.
What are they thinking, man.

aravuus

Goddamn. The beginning gave me goosebumps lol.

Also I have to say, I get like symphonies for long-running series of games, like FF and Zelda. But this is more like.. a rock concert. For 2 (?) games.

Don't get me wrong, P4 has incredible music. I just never thought I'd see something like this. But this is Japan, people go watch a 3D projected anime girl sing computer-generated (I think?) songs there, guess I shouldn't be surprised.

e: I wonder how it is there. Do only "real nerds" go to these kinds of concerts? Is being a big and/or loud videogame nerd frowned upon there?

It's so weird to see someone actually singing the battle themes and shit,
this is amazing

Also I have to say, I get like symphonies for long-running series of games, like FF and Zelda. But this is more like.. a rock concert. For 2 (?) games.

Don't get me wrong, P4 has incredible music. I just never thought I'd see something like this. But this is Japan, people go watch a 3D projected anime girl sing computer-generated (I think?) songs there, guess I shouldn't be surprised.

e: I wonder how it is there. Do only "real nerds" go to these kinds of concerts? Is being a big and/or loud videogame nerd frowned upon there?

this is amazing

The music in the games is fantastic, it's hardly surprising that people pay to see them live. Hell, god only knows how much it pains me not being able to attend these shows myself.
And though at the start they only had the music from the 2 games, the spin-offs, animes and ports provide more than enough material for a fresh setlist every year.

aravuus

The music in the games is fantastic, it's hardly surprising that people pay to see them live. Hell, god only knows how much it pains me not being able to attend these shows myself.
And though at the start they only had the music from the 2 games, the spin-offs, animes and ports provide more than enough material for a fresh setlist every year.

Yeah, yeah. At first I was like whaat. Whaaaaaaaaat what.

But now I've had the video play for a bit over half an hour on my other monitor and I gotta admit, it does look like a lot of fun lol. I doubt I'd pay for the ticket myself but if someone got me one and wanted me to come with them, yeah, why the hell not? Should be a pretty fun experience

Yeah, yeah. At first I was like whaat. Whaaaaaaaaat what.

But now I've had the video play for a bit over half an hour on my other monitor and I gotta admit, it does look like a lot of fun lol. I doubt I'd pay for the ticket myself but if someone got me one and wanted me to come with them, yeah, why the hell not? Should be a pretty fun experience

And that concert doesn't even compare to the more recent ones. They were removed from YT though.

aravuus

Ah, that's a shame. Suppose they haven't been uploaded to any other video service?

Why even pull concert videos. It's not like anyone will ever go, "oh, I saw the concert on Youtube, I'm never gonna go check them out live now that I've experienced it already".

DNAbro

this is amazing

If I remember correctly the last concert they had in Feb with the P5 announcement was in one of the biggest concert venues in Japan and had a sizable audience.

Ah, that's a shame. Suppose they haven't been uploaded to any other video service?

Why even pull concert videos. It's not like anyone will ever go, "oh, I saw the concert on Youtube, I'm never gonna go check them out live now that I've experienced it already".

The shows are released on dvd/bluray.
Don't ask me how much I spent importing them from Japan.

Setsu00

Was that a casualty of those Russian scammers a year or so ago? A whole boatload of Persona-related videos fell victim to that mess.

I'm pretty sure that the recent concerts (Persona Music Box and some segments of PSL2015 that were streamed in February) were deleted by Atlus themselves.

aravuus

If I remember correctly the last concert they had in Feb with the P5 announcement was in one of the biggest concert venues in Japan and had a sizable audience.

Hah wow, wasn't expecting that. Good for them though, Persona getting bigger and more popular can only be a good thing.

The shows are released on dvd/bluray.
Don't ask me how much I spent importing them from Japan.

Oh alright, that explains it

How much did you spend importing them from Japan?

e: well, I ended up watching the whole goddamn thing lol

84X

Banned
Well that's all the DAN characters I guess, neat.
Teddie's Igor costume is truly the best thing ever.

As an aside, this leaves us with 16 songs to go around the cast. So it won't even be three songs per character.
What are they thinking, man.

I'm pretty certain that the DE DE MOUSE remix is still in-game and they're just using it again as a weird way to get people to check out the paid DLC songs.

As for the uneven song distribution, well I thought that much was clear for a while.
Yu will probably end up with five songs while Nanako, Kanami, Margaret and Human Teddie will each get one as "Free Play" characters or whatever.

At the very least all IT members should each get three songs. Maybe with the exception of Teddie since he's two characters now.

FluxWaveZ

Seems like Marie will be DLC after all. :V

If she's not in the base game, I bet she won't be in at all because I don't see them putting in the effort to construct the unique choreographic flourishes or the dialogue for when she's chosen as a partner character for any song.

Definitely would have thought Marie would fit in before Margaret for several reasons (she's more popular than Margaret, she has an epilogue design, P4tGA, she'd have more of a dynamic with the IT and Margaret, etc.). The possibility for Marie is still there, but I think it's gotten considerably more slim after the last Famitsu DX Pack posters were revealed.

I would have wanted to see seaweed Kanji in those scans.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening

I saw the scans and one of them had the song Marie did for the closing credits in that anime.

If she's not in the base game, I bet she won't be in at all because I don't see them putting in the effort to construct the unique choreographic flourishes or the dialogue for when she's chosen as a partner character for any song.

Definitely would have thought Marie would fit in before Margaret for several reasons (she's more popular than Margaret, she has an epilogue design, P4tGA, she'd have more of a dynamic with the IT and Margaret, etc.). The possibility for Marie is still there, but I think it's gotten considerably more slim after the last Famitsu DX Pack posters were revealed.

I would have wanted to see seaweed Kanji in those scans.
:( Dantis is right it seems like this is losing value.

FluxWaveZ

:( Dantis is right it seems like this is losing value.

Yup, as 84X states, Marie was never even announced to begin with, so nothing's been lost.

P4D probably compares favorably to the Project Diva series in terms of features, from the 3D models, to the number of songs, to the game's story mode. P4D even has online leaderboards.

arue

Too bad that Shadow World DE DE MOUSE Remix is a DLC; at least it's a free DLC. It's one of the songs that stood out to me (also because that's the song that plays when Naoto was revealed).

Also, Margaret looks glorious there. Teddie has more hips than any girl in the game.

muteki

I have to wonder if for all the songs and characters in P4D that are only animated backgrounds that there wasn't a plan to do full 3D PVs for, and they ran out of time. We are far along enough now that they should know what they can and can't get done before release.

I hope the DLC songs are full-length and not tv-size. Guess they would have to reuse-reedit the background animation. Though if they are using the True Story concert as background for Shadow World then we have already entered a weird territory.

So what if Marie is not danceable? Good thing she's not rendered because Margaret's render does not capitative her true beauty.

Marie can be on the sidelines and make her usual comments and act tsundere and thats good enough. Be even better if Marie can comment after every dance.

I dedicate this post to sadness
DezG5Lr.jpg

lc6LfHY.jpg

HCGWJ2H.jpg

5NZPXhg.png
; ;

Yup, as 84X states, Marie was never even announced to begin with, so nothing's been lost.

P4D probably compares favorably to the Project Diva series in terms of features, from the 3D models, to the number of songs, to the game's story mode. P4D even has online leaderboards.

Over 30 songs in the base Diva f gamE. project Diva f has tons of custom accessories and several outfits. Characters available on ever song. All P4D is doing for me at the moment is the leaderboards. And theyre probably just static. And a story mode.

FluxWaveZ

Over 30 songs in the base Diva f gamE. project Diva f has tons of custom accessories and several outfits. Characters available on ever song. All P4D is doing for me at the moment is the leaderboards. And theyre probably just static. And a story mode.

There are probably over 30 songs in the base P4D game (29 listed on the official website, a 30th we know they removed from the list, and probably a few more hidden ones). The only custom accessories for P4D we know of so far are the DENON headphones. P4D has several outfits. P4D has selectable partners for every song. And there's the story mode and the online leaderboards, which Project Diva lacks.

It's fine if the features don't appeal to you, but I'm comparing the quantity. And, as I mentioned, P4D seems to measure well in that regard.

84X

Banned
So what if Marie is not danceable? Good thing she's not rendered because Margaret's render does not capitative her true beauty.

Dude, Margaret's model is fantastic. You could at least try to explain what you think is off about it besides using a vague idea of beauty.

I don't mean to sound too much like a DAN defence force, but the content is for sure on par.
FluxWaveZ already covered the songs so I won't get into that but:
  • DAN has double the characters of Diva ƒ, all better modelled (though that may not be a valid point)
  • Diva ƒ has 81 costumes, DAN has 77 so far (Neither number includes DLC, and the DAN count is wrong as it's only using what is on p-ch + human Teddie and Margaret)
  • Factoring in everything obtainable for free (so DLC...) and costumes we've seen and can assume are in base-game, DAN's count jumps to 125 (still ignoring that most costumes are likely part of complete sets)
  • Accessories are still up in the air for DAN, but with the headphone promotion I'm willing to bet they're a safe bet
  • It doesn't matter if you don't care for the story mode of a rhythm game, it's still content. Dismissing it and complaining about a lack of content isn't completely fair, especially when Diva's alternative was literally petting the girls.

uh... I know this sorta became long winded so...
TL;DR: Despite the questionable DLC practices, DAN should still pack as much content as you'd get from Diva ƒ.

Though something about this just makes me think people are still bitter about the character lock... and I can't really blame anyone for that.

Well once you had one, you cant go to the other.

For what it's worth many people experienced Tracey's Chie first (myself included) and still prefer Erin.
Not that I completely disagree that people will generally prefer what they heard first... just there's more to it than that.

FluxWaveZ

Though something about this just makes me think people are still bitter about the character lock... and I can't really blame anyone for that.

It was interesting to see that most people don't really care about that, from a previous GAF thread.

84X

Banned
It was interesting to see that most people don't really care about that, from a previous GAF thread.

Huh, I guess I should have paid more attention to the wider consensus.

Maybe it's just mainly the DLC practices that are making the game seem lacking to some then.
I'd like to know why both Midwinter sets and the Ski Trip set are Free DLC; they don't seem to be limited or anything so it's pretty clear they're meant to be part of the main package... I mean, they don't all need to be there to draw people to the store.

Maybe it's just an Atlus oddity; I shouldn't give it too much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom