• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone would want to see something new at the conference. I don't think that whatever is on the special Blu-ray is relevant to whatever could be shown at E3 anymore. Still, I guess there are several reasons why it might not happen.

While I'd be fine with getting an old trailer with a release date slapped on the end at E3, I'd still be incredibly surprised if that shows up at a conference, if P5 shows up at a conference I have to imagine it's because it's something new.

While I'd be fine with getting an old trailer with a release date slapped on the end at E3, I'd still be incredibly surprised if that shows up at a conference, if P5 shows up at a conference I have to imagine it's because it's something new.

It could be like PSX and they just mention it without a trailer, although they don't really have anything new to say, unless it's getting delayed. I can't see us getting a date before Japan. I think it will at least show up in a montage though.

They'll at least run the latest trailer at their booth though.

Huh? That looks nothing like Persona aside from the high school setting.

Technically we don't even know if the school is even going to be a recurring setting, although I doubt x84 was being serious.

So persona 1 was on the psn store for 3 euros and decided to purchase it.
Started playing it, all was fine and good until I went into battle.
Can someone explain me how the battle system works?

So for example, when is good to fight, and when is good demon conversation? And why doesnt the game explain the demo conversation anywhere. I got two cards already but I dont know if it was pure luck or I iknew what I was doing lol
Because i dont see any detriment to always start a conversation with a demon instead of fighting them, they dont attack you, you dont waste turns or anything, and when you finish the conversation the battle finish. I suppose you dont give you exp no?

Also, the personas only level up when you use it seems?

And do I need to grind a lot in the game?

Thanks in advance.

PK Gaming

So persona 1 was on the psn store for 3 euros and decided to purchase it.
Started playing it, all was fine and good until I went into battle.
Can someone explain me how the battle system works?

So for example, when is good to fight, and when is good demon conversation? And why doesnt the game explain the demo conversation anywhere. I got two cards already but I dont know if it was pure luck or I iknew what I was doing lol
Because i dont see any detriment to always start a conversation with a demon instead of fighting them, they dont attack you, you dont waste turns or anything, and when you finish the conversation the battle finish. I suppose you dont give you exp no?

Also, the personas only level up when you use it seems?

And do I need to grind a lot in the game?

Thanks in advance.

Basically, you want to fight in most of your battles for EXP, but if you want to get more Persona, you're going to need to "Contact" demons for spell cards. In order to get them to cough up spell cards, you need to raise their eagerness (ie: you pick the contact that makes them glow yellow). This guide goes into more detail. You use spellcards for fusion. Grinding isn't necessary for 90% of the game because Persona 1 is stupid easy, but the final boss will kick your teeth in unless you're sufficiently prepared for it.

Also:

Persona 1 Tips & Tricks
  • Under normal circumstances, your last party member on the main route is Elly or Brown. If you want to get Reiji, follow this guide. It really comes down to preference, though Elly the best character in the game(in every regard), and Reiji has an interesting relationship with the main antagonist (but he sucks in combat) and Brown is whatever.
  • The level up system is weird. EXP points are awarded based on how much a character contributed in battle (killing enemies, healing, etc). Healing and buffs will "always" net you extra EXP points (even if you have a lot of EXP) so if you're up against an enemy that awards a lot of EXP, set some of your characters to heal/buffs.
  • Don't fuss over stats. Prioritize Dex (slightly influences Magic and Guns, which are your go-to weapons), with some Agi and Vit .feel free to ignore Luck for the most part.
  • Fuse Gozu Tennoh (Chariot lvl 18) and Phaleg (Judgement lvl 18). These 2 Persona will dominate for the majority of the game. The former gains early access to Megidola and a high magic stat (lol) which basically lets you nuke mobs. The latter isn't that strong, but it's immune to all Magic attacks and it gains early access to Mediarama (your ultimate support Persona, basically)
  • Always be fusing isn't "that" necessary in P1 since it's piss easy for the most part. Just try to keep your Personas up to par, and remember skills & magic power >>> pure level.
  • At levels 30 and 47 respectively, you can *fuse* Fool Persona. They're almost impossible to get in regular play(they're fusion accidents that only occur under specific conditions), but there's a trick to getting them to appear. If you're interested, check out this page: http://persona1.wikidot.com/cheat#toc4
  • Contacts are bullshit. Just grin and bear it :/
  • Persona 1 is analogous to Persona 4 in terms of endings. It's very, very easy to miss the "true" ending. Here is how you can get it.

Hope that helps

FluxWaveZ

It could be like PSX and they just mention it without a trailer, although they don't really have anything new to say, unless it's getting delayed. I can't see us getting a date before Japan. I think it will at least show up in a montage though.

They'll at least run the latest trailer at their booth though.

If Persona 5 was to appear at the Sony press conference, I agree that there's no way that they show a previously revealed trailer. That does not strike me as the kind of thing they would do at E3, even though I personally think that'd still be cool.

I also don't think that it would be quite like they did at PSX, where there was the most obvious of lead-ins into nothingness, where the spotlight was on Persona and Persona 5. They don't really do that kind of thing at E3; they'd have to have something to show if they were to dedicate any time specifically for that (so not just passingly mentioned like, "We've got XXX, YYY, and ZZZ also planned for this holiday season!").

At least a montage is probably guaranteed, though, yeah. And the PSL2015 trailer will probably be shown at their booth as well, if there's not something new.

Lunar15

Really looking forward to E3 and how Sony does things.

I still don't know how much it will feature at their E3 presentation. I certainly hope it does, and it stands to reason that it's arguably one of the "bigger" titles coming out for the PS4, but it's also still kiiinda niche? Like, I can see it happening and I can also see it not happening.

Basically, you want to fight in most of your battles for EXP, but if you want to get more Persona, you're going to need to "Contact" demons for spell cards. In order to get them to cough up spell cards, you need to raise their eagerness (ie: you pick the contact that makes them glow yellow). This guide goes into more detail. You use spellcards for fusion. Grinding isn't necessary for 90% of the game because Persona 1 is stupid easy, but the final boss will kick your teeth in unless you're sufficiently prepared for it.

Also:

Persona 1 Tips & Tricks
  • Under normal circumstances, your last party member on the main route is Elly or Brown. If you want to get Reiji, follow this guide. It really comes down to preference, though Elly the best character in the game(in every regard), and Reiji has an interesting relationship with the main antagonist (but he sucks in combat) and Brown is whatever.
  • The level up system is weird. EXP points are awarded based on how much a character contributed in battle (killing enemies, healing, etc). Healing and buffs will "always" net you extra EXP points (even if you have a lot of EXP) so if you're up against an enemy that awards a lot of EXP, set some of your characters to heal/buffs.
  • Don't fuss over stats. Prioritize Dex (slightly influences Magic and Guns, which are your go-to weapons), with some Agi and Vit .feel free to ignore Luck for the most part.
  • Fuse Gozu Tennoh (Chariot lvl 18) and Phaleg (Judgement lvl 18). These 2 Persona will dominate for the majority of the game. The former gains early access to Megidola and a high magic stat (lol) which basically lets you nuke mobs. The latter isn't that strong, but it's immune to all Magic attacks and it gains early access to Mediarama (your ultimate support Persona, basically)
  • Always be fusing isn't "that" necessary in P1 since it's piss easy for the most part. Just try to keep your Personas up to par, and remember skills & magic power >>> pure level.
  • At levels 30 and 47 respectively, you can *fuse* Fool Persona. They're almost impossible to get in regular play(they're fusion accidents that only occur under specific conditions), but there's a trick to getting them to appear. If you're interested, check out this page: http://persona1.wikidot.com/cheat#toc4
  • Contacts are bullshit. Just grin and bear it :/
  • Persona 1 is analogous to Persona 4 in terms of endings. It's very, very easy to miss the "true" ending. Here is how you can get it.

Hope that helps

Thanks a bunch PK!
I already dont know if I have fucked up the reiji recruitment. I think Ive done everything is says there, but I dont know if I did it in that order (or if I talked to reiji's mother 2 times).
Who thought doing some sort of incredibly stupid steps you can overlook easily was a good idea.
About the three characters you talk about, is it one or the other, or you can get the 3 in the same playthorugh?

Do the endings change much? Seems to be hard (and as stupid as the reiji thing) trying to get the good ending.

Reiji's barely worth the hassle, honestly. He's fine but he's not super special. Elly's the real heavy hitter from the recruitable character pool.

Rebels pick Ayase

But can you get everyone in the same playthtough or you need to choose.

You get one recruitable character per playthrough.

You choose between Elly, Ayase, Hidehiko, and Reiji.

e: Elly and Hidehiko are a little out of the way, Reiji is a lot out of the way, if you don't get any of them the game hands you Ayase.

cj_iwakura

Elly is it then.

Ayase is very OP with her beasting magic stat.

Also, the true ending requires making the right choices at a certain late-game dungeon. To get the wrong ones, you'd have to be a jerk, so they're kind of obvious.

You don't get the final dungeon or boss if you get the other ending, so avoid it. It pretty much sucks.

FluxWaveZ

Also, the true ending requires making the right choices at a certain late-game dungeon. To get the wrong ones, you'd have to be a jerk, so they're kind of obvious.

Not really true, at least in my case. I think one or more of my answers was a neutral one, and that gave me the bad ending. I overwrote my save afterwards, too, since I didn't realize that was influencing my ending. Haven't gone back since.

cj_iwakura

Not really true, at least in my case. I think one or more of my answers was a neutral one, and that gave me the bad ending. I overwrote my save afterwards, too, since I didn't realize that was influencing my ending. Haven't gone back since.

Weird. I recall it being fairly easy(as in you have to be devoted rather than wishy-washy). You should see it through. It has a great ending.

You don't get the final dungeon or boss if you get the other ending, so avoid it. It pretty much sucks.

And story wise? I like more Elly's design (same character as in Persona 2 no? I would have also buy that game if it werent 30 euros still, FFS is 15 euros if you buy it with P3, but I already have that game).
Hope I can get the true ending then, I play good guys in RPGs so I usually try to choose good answers that would make people happy. Its pretty hard for me to be a dick on games even if the characters are fictional, i dont know why lol

cj_iwakura

And story wise? I like more Elly's design (same character as in Persona 2 no? I would have also buy that game if it werent 30 euros still, FFS is 15 euros if you buy it with P3, but I already have that game).
Hope I can get the true ending then, I play good guys in RPGs so I usually try to choose good answers that would make people happy. Its pretty hard for me to be a dick on games even if the characters are fictional, i dont know why lol

She has a neat relationship with one NPC, and some hilarious dialogue. That's about it.

FluxWaveZ

Persona 4: Dancing All Night will have the best opening out of the spin-off games.

Weird. I recall it being fairly easy(as in you have to be devoted rather than wishy-washy). You should see it through. It has a great ending.

Going back to P1 again sounds a bit like a nightmare, but I do want to be done with it to finally finish all of the Persona games, as well as go through whatever that SQQ thing is.

cj_iwakura

Persona 4: Dancing All Night will have the best opening out of the spin-off games.

Going back to P1 again sounds a bit like a nightmare, but I do want to be done with it to finally finish all of the Persona games, as well as go through whatever that SQQ thing is.

SQQ is probably the toughest dungeon in any Persona game. It's even more brutal than EP's EX dungeon.

Dantis

Really? I feel it fits her character.
Are you serious? Because it's not even slightly in line with how Soejima designs her outfits. It's closer to lingerie than it is regular clothing. Doesn't fit her character at all. It's just cheap titillation.

Are you serious? Because it's not even slightly in line with how Soejima designs her outfits. It's closer to lingerie than it is regular clothing. Doesn't fit her character at all. It's just cheap titillation.

If they really wanted to go cheap, she'd just wear a red bikini.

Sophia

Hmm... I dunno about that, Dantis. I'm also not quite sure you understand what woman's lingerie looks like either. :p

SQQ is probably the toughest dungeon in any Persona game. It's even more brutal than EP's EX dungeon.

It depends on the order. Going for Max Ambrosia is definitely one of the hardest (and grindiest) in any Persona game tho.

PK Gaming

Re: Rise's Christmas outfit

That would look a lot better if the top wasn't so small. I'm with D-man on this one, it looks kinda bad.

Ehh, not really. Ayase has high Dex, but Dex has a marginal effect on magic damage. She's average. Elly is "top tier" because she has the Judgement arcana, which means lower SP costs on key Judgement Personas (ie: Phaleg)

cj_iwakura

What theme music, I PLAYED THE ENHANCE REMAKE!!

I wish I could have experienced the original, superior OST

It's fantastic, but the remake is better in every other way. You're better off, really.

I replayed P1 PS1 for kicks and boy is it a slog. P1PSP wins for adding more save points, alone.

If it gets an OST hack, it'll be the perfect game.

Necrovex

Really looking forward to E3 and how Sony does things.

Every time I see someone talk about E3 now, I become sad a little due to living in a time zone where I'll be asleep during the conferences. First E3 I won't be able watch.

I'm excited to see what Persona news come out of it though. I would love to see some more handheld Persona titles!

I find it hilarious, considering how much he loathes Yakuza 5 for daring to have idol content.

Dantis secretly loves idol stuff but he refuses to admit it thus lashing out at everything idol related. One day he'll recognize his love for it.

Every time I see someone talk about E3 now, I become sad a little due to living in a time zone where I'll be asleep during the conferences. First E3 I won't be able watch.

Look on the bright side. You'll be able to watch it on one of those live reaction videos!
Reaception.

(bwoommmmm...)

DNAbro

I'm excited to see what Persona news come out of it though. I would love to see some more handheld Persona titles!

Dantis secretly loves idol stuff but he refuses to admit it thus lashing out at everything idol related. One day he'll recognize his love for it.

there is almost no chance of any new titles being announced from Atlus. Especially persona related. P4DAN and P5 are the focus.

Xenoflare

You don't get how happy this would make me if FES and P3P were combined into one game

I would buy it ugh

They better revoice all Fuuka's lines with Wendee Lee if that is the case

Ken as well. Though Cindy Robinson would just make him sound like Labrys

Style

Banned
I'd be down for a definitive version of Persona 3. Both versions have their pros and cons right now. It would be nice to get a package with the best of both worlds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t1x3vxDaCU

Cross dressing trailer.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1432193292

and Backside of the TV remix

new Dance! remix teased in that trailer?

http://p-atlus.jp/p4d/tw/

Looks like Reach Out Live 2013 will be DLC too, free if they get enough tweets about it, the lower rewards are just vita wallpapers.

H2Zr5rn.png
5Skf029.png

Speaking of P3...

I haven't posted much in this thread but I've been lurking since I played through the games last year and loved them.

I really wanted to try to draw something for FemC month since she's the best and this is the last day for the #artchallenge, so...

Definitely love Minako. I like her more positive personality and the new social links were great. Her Chariot and Hermit links were good in particular, and getting S-Links with everyone in SEES felt like it added something big to P3P that was missing from the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom