• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Huh, I guess I should have paid more attention to the wider consensus.

Maybe it's just mainly the DLC practices that are making the game seem lacking to some then.
I'd like to know why both Midwinter sets and the Ski Trip set are Free DLC; they don't seem to be limited or anything so it's pretty clear they're meant to be part of the main package... I mean, they don't all need to be there to draw people to the store.

Maybe it's just an Atlus oddity; I shouldn't give it too much though.

Yeah, the general opinion from this thread is that the character restrictions per song weren't really a bother because of how P4D seemingly handles it.

For me, the only thing that I'd say feels lacking in terms of DLC is the recent reveal that there are the anime songs as music DLC, but that's not even much of a problem since music DLC was going to be a given with this game. I don't care about costumes.

For why there's free DLC at all? It's kind of weird. I thought it might be because of cart size limitations, but that doesn't sound right. All of them might not be available on day 1, so it might just be a way to incentivize people to return to the game over a period of time.

Dude, Margaret's model is fantastic. You could at least try to explain what you think is off about it besides using a vague idea of beauty.

Well I think Margaret's render makes her look like she's had bad plastic surgery.

The Margaret portrait in P4G resembles a more natural, refined and spiritual beauty.

84X

Banned
Well I think Margaret's render makes her look like she's had bad plastic surgery.

The Margaret portrait in P4G resembles a more natural, refined and spiritual beauty.

How... how would you even go about modelling spiritual beauty...
er on second thought forget I asked...

For Naoto only in Q, Ultmax and presumably P4D.

Teddie's is the same from Golden on.

Valerie Arem is confirmed to reprise Naoto in DAN.

PK Gaming

Marisha Ray's pretty rough in Ultimax, but she absolutely nails Margaret in Persona Q

I actually prefer her take on Margaret over Michelle Ann Dunphy's

Nachos

Marisha Ray's pretty rough in Ultimax, but she absolutely nails Margaret in Persona Q

I actually prefer her take on Margaret over Michelle Ann Dunphy's

I never played Ultimax, so I have no idea how she is there, but I think my problem is that it sounds like she's constantly bored. I do think her voice fits really well, though, as it's actually closer to the Japanese one, but I also just have a thing for twang.

But I never played the P4 route, nor did I do all of the strolls. Maybe I just wasn't exposed to her long enough to change my mind.

I never played Ultimax, so I have no idea how she is there, but I think my problem is that it sounds like she's constantly bored. I do think her voice fits really well, though, as it's actually closer to the Japanese one, but I also just have a thing for twang.

But I never played the P4 route, nor did I do all of the strolls. Maybe I just wasn't exposed to her long enough to change my mind.

I'm pretty sure Ultimax won't change your mind. The performance there wasn't that impressive.
Not the worst, that one goes to the Igor.

"ALL YORS"

VS

"Perfection"

Perfection wins

haha. I think I lean towards original Naoto. The original VA spoke with...a kind of poise that was really appropriate for a detective character. But I agree that the delivery for lines in battles wasn't so hot. Valerie arem in PQ wins there.

They both don't sound like Romi Park though so w/e

Interesting...

I decided to check my AmiAmi account on a whim and ended up combining orders. Once I did that, I ended up searching Persona and lo and behold: the P4DAN Vita system was available to preorder, including the P5 bd.

Now, I already had it preordered on Amazon Japan but I had to use a forwarding service in order to preorder it but had originally wanted it off AmiAmi despite missing it initially.

In the end, I cancelled Amazon Japan's order and ordered off AmiAmi. Once the order was completed, I ended up browsing AmiAmi again and laughed as the system's preorders are closed once more.

Guess I got lucky this time.

And yes, I do have a confirmation email so seems everything looks a-ok right now.

Dantis

It was interesting to see that most people don't really care about that, from a previous GAF thread.
It was interesting! i really thought it was something people should know about before buying, but most were indifferent. Pretty surprising. On a personal level, I still think that it's a shit idea.

My main problem with the content of P4D is how much they seem to be holding out on. It literally feels like we're buying half a game for full price. I appreciate that it has around the same amount of stuff as the original PDf, but we know there's more already created and they just don't want to give it to us.

It was interesting! i really thought it was something people should know about before buying, but most were indifferent. Pretty surprising. On a personal level, I still think that it's a shit idea.

My main problem with the content of P4D is how much they seem to be holding out on. It literally feels like we're buying half a game for full price. I appreciate that it has around the same amount of stuff as the original PDf, but we know there's more already created and they just don't want to give it to us.

Unless of course they just don't feel P4D will be enough of a success and are going heavy on DLC in an attempt to recoup costs. :/

VegiHam

Replaying P4G for platinum right now and just realized I permanently missed one book...fuck me.

Basketball/Kou screwed me.

That sucks. But there is a bright side, now you get to play a 'read all books' play through. Which is awesome because you can imagine it like this:

"Dear Guest, the cards say that to unlock the true powers of your Persona and pursue the truth; you must focus on enhancing your bonds with your friends."

"Can't. Reading."

Andrefpvs

And sorry to hear that, good luck on the Rise trophy if you haven't got that.

Ah, the infamous Risette trophy!

I didn't try for it on my first playthough, but I still ended up getting it there.

Considering how hard it is for most people and where I got it...:

http://i.imgur.com/V6noniw.jpg (Persona 4 True Ending spoilers, do not click!)

...yeah, I feel like I dodged a massive bullet there :O

FluxWaveZ

Unless of course they just don't feel P4D will be enough of a success and are going heavy on DLC in an attempt to recoup costs. :/

Doubt it. P4D will be a success, and this is just typical of Atlus' DLC strategy with some of their other modern titles. I bet most people don't actually care about the aesthetic DLC (like me)—especially when there are already a bunch of costumes in the base game—while they'll make extra revenue from those who care enough to buy them.

There were always going to be DLC songs, so not expecting that would be weird. The amount of in-game music seems sufficient enough, while only a few more songs (without actual dances) have been announced as paid DLC thus far.

Nobody's posted the Christmas costumes yet?

9Amir9M.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/hqtqG full album.

The only thing that really disappoints me about Dancing is the number of duplicate songs in the base game. There's several omitted tracks that I'd much rather have over three versions of Shadow World.

Meia

Interesting...

I decided to check my AmiAmi account on a whim and ended up combining orders. Once I did that, I ended up searching Persona and lo and behold: the P4DAN Vita system was available to preorder, including the P5 bd.

Now, I already had it preordered on Amazon Japan but I had to use a forwarding service in order to preorder it but had originally wanted it off AmiAmi despite missing it initially.

In the end, I cancelled Amazon Japan's order and ordered off AmiAmi. Once the order was completed, I ended up browsing AmiAmi again and laughed as the system's preorders are closed once more.

Guess I got lucky this time.

And yes, I do have a confirmation email so seems everything looks a-ok right now.

Amiami is interesting in that way. If you want something and pre-orders close a bit before it's to be released, rarely do some open up again at random. Got the Chiaki DR2 figure that way, so you should be golden.

muteki

Nobody's posted the Christmas costumes yet?

9Amir9M.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/hqtqG full album.

The only thing that really disappoints me about Dancing is the number of duplicate songs in the base game. There's several omitted tracks that I'd much rather have over three versions of Shadow World.

Rise's right foot looks goofy in all her costume shots. I thought it was a mistake at first but it has been in all of them.

Not really a fan of the xmas costumes but Yukiko's is probably my fave. Rise gonna Rise I guess.

I can't wait for that rerun of an old trailer and reconfirmation that it's coming this year.

But we should get a new Gen'ei Ibunroku ♯FE during Nintendo's event, hopefully.

84X

Banned
Still glad to see more costumes Rise missed out on but... uh, yeah.
Can't really be upset when the santa costumes are really just thrown together in general.

Rise gets only good christmas outfit

I actually think Naoto's is the best by far: http://cdn.p-atlus.jp/p4d/images/character/chara_cos_8_9.png

Guess it depends what you want from the costumes.
Personally I'm not a big fan of Rise's new costumes following one design principle: skanky.
I feel like I'll regret saying that...

But we should get a new Gen'ei Ibunroku ♯FE during Nintendo's event, hopefully.

At least we'll see one Persona game besides DAN at E3 then.

FluxWaveZ

Hm. The first two teasers for Persona 5 were posted on Atlus USA's channel 3 months after their Japanese reveals. Would they keep the exact same trailer to upload for E3, but just with an ESRB intro and an English oriented outro? Maybe, but then it's weird that they decided to point to the Japanese Persona 5 website to see their trailer, through the official Atlus USA website, a while back.

Everyone would want to see something new at the conference. I don't think that whatever is on the special Blu-ray is relevant to whatever could be shown at E3 anymore. Still, I guess there are several reasons why it might not happen.

A 2015 reconfirmation would be nice, and I guess sufficient enough for me. They've emphasized several times that Persona 5 would be 2015 last year, and that's still the date shown on Atlus USA's website. It'd mean we get P5 close enough to the Japanese release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom