• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Are the cross dressing outfits DLC? Because if they are then it's one pack I'll pass on. They can keep seaweed Kanji, too.

Backside of the TV remix is pretty cool.

I find it hilarious, considering how much he loathes Yakuza 5 for daring to have idol content.

Wait, what's hilarious?

Jintor

I really wanted to try to draw something for FemC month since she's the best and this is the last day for the #artchallenge, so...

Definitely love Minako. I like her more positive personality and the new social links were great. Her Chariot and Hermit links were good in particular, and getting S-Links with everyone in SEES felt like it added something big to P3P that was missing from the original.

datsa cool style yu got dar

god it's been years since i last draw minako. feels like i've just been drawing squids the past few months

All this DLC seriously makes me look less forward to this game. The more they reveal of it the less I'm looking forward to getting the game, it went for a day 1 to a maybe.
I also really don't like how Atlus reveals so much about the DLC before the game is even out. The only good part about it is that I won't have to pay anything for some of the more pandering outfits because I won't be getting those.
I'm not a regular poster here but I just had to rant a little.

Meia

I mean, I'd be iffy about the idea of all the DLC if the game itself didn't already have a ton of stuff, plus free DLC to begin with(my favorite costumes are all stuff in game naturally anyway).

cj_iwakura

Are the cross dressing outfits DLC? Because if they are then it's one pack I'll pass on. They can keep seaweed Kanji, too.

Backside of the TV remix is pretty cool.

Wait, what's hilarious?

Your nitpicking over P4D's costumes.

277723636_XseMJ-1050x10000.jpg

I suppose Elly goes away as a character? becuase she already joined my party after the hospital dungeon.
Her roses are red, zombies are blue quote already convinced me that she was the one to keep lol.

arue

Today is the last day for FeMC and Shinji #ArtChallenge and there are not enough contribution! (At least compared to Mitsuru's art challenge.)

Here's one of my drawings. Will post another drawing probably later today.

Fuck it, we're sacrificing life for more time on the clock.

ART CHALLENGE DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MONDAY 25TH MAY!!

There isnt enough submissions yet anyway

So i just got to a part in Persona 1 were i webt inside the police station to get out masao.
When i get there brown and masao want to enter my party.
It gives me the option to let them join or not.
Is this the recruitment brown part? If I let him join now will it lock me of choosing elly? Or is it just a temporal joining?

CorvoSol

So i just got to a part in Persona 1 were i webt inside the police station to get out masao.
When i get there brown and masao want to enter my party.
It gives me the option to let them join or not.
Is this the recruitment brown part? If I let him join now will it lock me of choosing elly? Or is it just a temporal joining?

reject brown

*Elly: Go to the subway after the police station and you'll find her there. She
will ask to join you.

reject brown

*Elly: Go to the subway after the police station and you'll find her there. She
will ask to join you.

Freaking game tried to trick me there! lol

Is it me, or does the game feel really short? Or maybe it havent even started properly? I still havent encountered any bosses yet, that or the automatic battles were the bosses lol

CorvoSol

Is it me, or does the game feel really short? Or maybe it havent even started properly? I still havent encountered any bosses yet, that or the automatic battles were the bosses lol

it is brief, yes, but most of it is post-recruitment. Also two different quests: SEBEC and Snow Queen.

Today is the last day for FeMC and Shinji #ArtChallenge and there are not enough contribution! (At least compared to Mitsuru's art challenge.)

Here's one of my drawings. Will post another drawing probably later today.

Awesome, i love it!

Fuck it, we're sacrificing life for more time on the clock.

ART CHALLENGE DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MONDAY 25TH MAY!!

There isnt enough submissions yet anyway

More FeMC is always a good thing!

It really hasn't started yet, not until you have a full party and start on either SEBEC or Snow Queen Quest route.

The one thing I prefer from P1 over Innocent Sin is the random encounter amount isn't quite as ridiculous in P1 as in Innocent Sin.

I like all of 1-4 though, it's so awesome to be able to play 1, both parts of 2, 3, and 4 all on my Vita.

Dantis

Your nitpicking over P4D's costumes.

Nitpicking over alternate costumes seems exactly like something I'd do with a game that I'm into.

It's not like we're talking about different idol dresses for cute pop girls, here.

For this month's #ArtChallenge:

Background image taken from here.

I actually wanted to do a lot more with this one but as usual I gave up.

I'll draw something for this at some point.

Thank for the responses guys.

It really hasn't started yet, not until you have a full party and start on either SEBEC or Snow Queen Quest route.

The one thing I prefer from P1 over Innocent Sin is the random encounter amount isn't quite as ridiculous in P1 as in Innocent Sin.

I like all of 1-4 though, it's so awesome to be able to play 1, both parts of 2, 3, and 4 all on my Vita.

I was really surprised at this when I started playing. Thought it was going to be really encounter heavy like the majority of old rpgs.

Should we really be encouraging Developers to re-re-release their games? That seems like something that they'd be more than happy doing on their own.

FluxWaveZ

yes

leaving games to rot on old systems is never a good idea

I also personally don't think releasing the same game several times within a short time span is a good idea. In Atlus' case, the outsourcing excuse doesn't work, so I'd rather see something fresh than yet another remake.

Also, the sales would be pretty bad. The Final Fantasy X HD release on the PS4 on the latest Media Create charts is a testament to that.

Olengie

Already bought FFX HD on PS3 and Vita. Ill only buy the PS4 ver when it gets down to 10, which shouldnt take long at all.

I reckon the sales for ps4 ver was bad. I assume the majority already bought it on ps3.

Also, the sales would be pretty bad. The Final Fantasy X HD release on the PS4 on the latest Media Create charts is a testament to that.

That's probably not the best example considering that the original hd release came out last year, plus it's not like they added anything new that would cause people who bought the PS3/Vita version to pick it up again so soon.

FluxWaveZ

That's probably not the best example considering that the original hd release came out last year, plus it's not like they added anything new that would cause people who bought the PS3/Vita version to pick it up again so soon.

It's not a direct analog, but it shows the dwindling effects of a re-release over a relatively short period of time. FFX sold far more than the original Persona 3 release, yet it's now at the point of selling 15k on the PS4. With P3P and FES, yet another Persona 3 remake could prove to be one of the worst selling games in the series.

When people mention a remake, they also usually mention combining P3P with FES (like FFX with FFX-2 for the HD remaster), so that wouldn't prove to be anything "new" in terms of content. If they were to make substantial, P4G-like additions, that would take even more time from the development team for release #4 of P3 in less than a decade, which would most assuredly not sell greatly outside of the truly dedicated who want to experience the game again.

It's not a direct analog, but it shows the dwindling effects of a re-release over a relatively short period of time. FFX sold far more than the original Persona 3 release, yet it's now at the point of selling 15k on the PS4. With P3P and FES, yet another Persona 3 remake could prove to be one of the worst selling games in the series.

When people mention a remake, they also usually mention combining P3P with FES (like FFX with FFX-2 for the HD remaster), so that wouldn't prove to be anything "new" in terms of content. If they were to make substantial, P4G-like additions, that would take even more time from the development team for release #4 of P3 in less than a decade, which would most assuredly not sell greatly outside of the truly dedicated who want to experience the game again.

It wouldn't necessarily be new content but there's definitely a split of people who haven't experienced the FES content or the P3P content so a release that combines the strengths of each version would have a wider appeal than a standard port. It certainly wouldn't set the world on fire but I think depending on the platforms it launched on it could perform better than any previous P3 releases.

FluxWaveZ

It wouldn't necessarily be new content but there's definitely a split of people who haven't experienced the FES content or the P3P content so a release that combines the strengths of each version would have a wider appeal than a standard port. It certainly wouldn't set the world on fire but I think depending on the platforms it launched on it could perform better than any previous P3 releases.

Definitely not. Are there any examples of a game's fourth remake like this that has sold better than previous remakes? Especially only 6 years after its previous one? Whether it was PS3, PS4 or Vita, there is absolutely no way P3#4 would ever reach P3P's 300k in Japan. The best selling single release of Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster—a remaster of two games whose original releases sold 4.3 million units combined in Japan—sold 300k copies.

I try to look at all angles on things, but it's just not realistic at all. At best, it could maybe do P3FES numbers around 150k-170k LTD in Japan, but that's about it.

Definitely not. Are there any examples of a game's fourth remake like this that has sold better than past spin-offs? Especially only 6 years after its previous one? Whether it was PS3, PS4 or Vita, there is absolutely no way P3#4 would ever reach P3P's 300k in Japan. The best selling single release of Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster—a remaster of two games whose original releases sold 4.3 million units combined in Japan—sold 300k copies.

I try to look at all angles on things, but there it's just not realistic at all. At best, it could maybe do P3FES numbers around 150k-170k LTD in Japan, but that's about it.
It's certainly the least unlikely outcome I can think of and I have little belief it would happen, but a P3 remake would come after P5 and P5 is poised attract a lot of new people to the series and those are the kinds of people that a re release would appeal to.

FluxWaveZ

It's certainly the least unlikely outcome I can think of and I have little belief it would happen, but a P3 remake would come after P5 and P5 is poised attract a lot of new people to the series and those are the kinds of people that a re release would appeal to.

Sure, I guess I'm thinking of it mainly as a hypothetical where it would happen right now. I could see it perform better down the line, after Persona 5's release and some time separates it from P3P, but I think it would still have a difficult time breaking 300k in JPN.

Fundamentally, though, I see it as it being a choice between P Studio time invested in a Catherine-like project or something else, or that amount of time and resources invested into a remake. I would take the former everytime.

Sure, I guess I'm thinking of it mainly as a hypothetical where it would happen right now. I could see it perform better down the line, after Persona 5's release and some time separates it from P3P, but I think it would still have a difficult time breaking 300k in JPN.

Fundamentally, though, I see it as it being a choice between P Studio time invested in a Catherine-like project or something else, or that amount of time and resources invested into a remake. I would take the former everytime.

Yeah, it's not really something that I want either. I understand where the people who do want it are coming from, but I'm personally fine with what we have now and I'd rather P Studio keeps moving forward and trying out new ideas.

Meia

No definitive version of P3 coupled with P3P coming out, what, 6 years ago, means it's not anywhere close to the problems FFX PS4 had. :p

Now would they use the resources for it? There may be the tie-in idea once all of the P3 movies are out, which is still a bit away, so it'll be maybe 2 years removed from P5, which could be a good time period. Then again, who knows what they're already working on or have planned behind the scenes as is. Would it really cut much into a Persona 6 if it was a thing? Guess it would depend on what they added(lord knows there's enough with the drama CDs), and even what system it would be for.

I'd love a Persona 3 Platinum for Vita that combined the gameplay and extra content of P3P with the visuals of FES, but there's no way that's happening. I honestly doubt we'll ever see more P3 re-releases, releasing the same game with small improvements 3 times seems pretty excessive, especially for such a niche series.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'd love a Persona 3 Platinum for Vita that combined the gameplay and extra content of P3P with the visuals of FES, but there's no way that's happening. I honestly doubt we'll ever see more P3 re-releases, releasing the same game with small improvements 3 times seems pretty excessive, especially for such a niche series.

I honestly thought they might do something to tie in with the movies. But at this point, they're way more involved with 5.

I'm just frustrated that there is content split between two different versions of P3. I want to play through the game once and get the best from both FES and P3P. Everyone knows how much I love P3 so I'm hoping for it regardless of how many times it's been re-released.

koutoru

Unless there were some sort of Persona Collection released that took the best version of each mainline Persona game and put them in one game, I doubt they would think about re releasing P3.

kurahador

I wonder how they'll handle the imminent Persona 5 re-release.

DLC/Expansion would work for P4G Marie contents, but adding extra days seems tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom