• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arue

#ArtChallenge
xD8iJ1B.jpg
I don't want to draw backgrounds anymore orz.

Haroon

Hello,

I have been playing Persona 4 Golden for quite a while now. I was curious to know what would be a good persona for a level fifty-four protagonist? And if it's not too much to ask. What would be a good persona for level sixty, and perhaps even seventy? I am currently using Black Frost for mostly everything at the moment. He has AMP Fire, and AMP Frost.

DNAbro

Hello,

I have been playing Persona 4 Golden for quite a while now. I was curious to know what would be a good persona for a level fifty-four protagonist? And if it's not too much to ask. What would be a good persona for level sixty, and perhaps even seventy? I am currently using Black Frost for mostly everything at the moment. He has AMP Fire, and AMP Frost.

I pretty much used Black Frost the whole game once I got it. One of the best persona in the game.

Lusankya

Hello,

I don't think you need to concentrate on one single Persona. I usually fused my Personas all the time and just made sure all the basics (healing, (de)buffing, elements) were covered.

FluxWaveZ

The June 22nd "Sega Raw" live stream might be something we should pay attention to. The Persona Japanese PR Twitter account mentioned it and I think the Nico Nico page says that they will be delivering information on upcoming Sega games.

I don't know how significant the stuff they show is, though. The April show showed off Chain Chronicle V, Stella Glow, Alien Isolation and Yakuza Zero.

mp1990

Banned
So, after months waiting for this moment, I've finally beat P4G yesterday and now i can enter the Persona community thread without being afraid of taking spoilers ! So, hi everyone ! *hype intensifies*

mp1990

Banned
Thank you!

Welcome! Have you played P3 yet?
Yeah, actually it's my favorite game ever, the reason i played P4G is because P3 was so amazing that i needed to have more of it.

Sooo how was it?
Amazing, I don't have words to describe it, certainly one of the, if not, the best game I've ever played. Still can't say if i liked it more than P3 though, P4 is superior to it in many ways but there still are some aspects that i think P3 does better.
P3 Platinum I WANT TO BELIEVE

mp1990

Banned
Now you only have to dodge the PQ, P4AU and the inevitable P5/P:DAN spoilers.

Welcome!
I won't play either P4D or P4AU, I'm not that much invested into the story, so I'm fine with the spoilers hahaha :p i plan on starting PQ today though, but it doesn't look that the story is so important on this one, like it was on P3 and P4.

FluxWaveZ

You know, I kinda think this is fucking creepy. Not the tipsy singing stuff, I admit it made me chuckle the first time I heard it, but Nanako being in P4D.

I dunno, makes me a bit uncomfortable, I guess.

Um... why? That kinda sounds like it says more about you than the game, tbh.

I won't play either P4D or P4AU, I'm not that much invested into the story, so I'm fine with the spoilers hahaha :p i plan on starting PQ today though, but it doesn't look that the story is so important on this one, like it was on P3 and P4.

The story in PQ is (surprisingly?) well done. I know it caught me off guard by the time I reached the endgame. I got invested.

I don't think anybody is playing P4AU/P4D for the story. At least, not anymore.

aravuus

Um... why? That kinda sounds like it says more about you than the game, tbh.

I guess it could just be the ass close-up, since I stopped the video there, combined with what little I know about P4D. Which is that the some of the clothes the characters wear are swimsuits and slutty christmas clothes.

Funnily enough, I made a post almost like yours when someone swore some of the Splatoon fan art was sexualizing the child character.

I am curious to hear what you think it says about me though

It's a shame that they only had a story in the beginning and the end. I really liked it but there wasn't enough.

I get that. I didn't really notice (or mind) the lack of narrative because the character interactions more than made up for it, imo. But I can understand those who feel the main story is thin. Dungeon events and strolls carried the middle section of the game for me.

PQ would've been a perfect send-off for the P3/P4 franchise before P5 drops. I'll probably think of it that way :p

FluxWaveZ

I am curious to hear what you think it says about me though

I don't know; all I know is that the inclusion of a child character in a rhythm game making you uncomfortable would do as such. The butt-zoom is different, though.

No, I agree. The way they're sexualizing her is creepy at best.

All I know is that the dev. team specifically repurposed her dance motion capture so that they wouldn't be sexualized, and that I guess I'm not seeing what you guys are aside from the weird moment in her trailer.

Sophia

All I know is that the dev. team specifically repurposed her dance motion capture so that they wouldn't be sexualized, and that I guess I'm not seeing what you guys are aside from the weird moment in her trailer.

In all honesty, her dance moves aren't terribly different from what I did growing up in dancing classes. Weird butt-zoom aside, there's nothing really sexualized about it at all.

Zareka

Fairly sure it's Adachi
That's what I thought, but it doesn't make any sense. Adachi wouldn't be angry at a victim being saved since he found the whole thing entertaining. Hell, he knew about the rescues before the fog rolled round so he wouldn't be surprised it'd happened again either. The person in the fog expresses both anger and surprise in their appearances.
Apologies if this is old news or whatever. Just figured this would be the best place to get answers/discuss.

PK Gaming

That's what I thought, but it doesn't make any sense. Adachi wouldn't be angry at a victim being saved since he found the whole thing entertaining. Hell, he knew about the rescues before the fog rolled round so he wouldn't be surprised it'd happened again either. The person in the fog expresses both anger and surprise in their appearances.
Apologies if this is old news or whatever. Just figured this would be the best place to get answers/discuss.

Yes, we know it can't be Adachi for the reasons you stated, and there's no way Nametame is that person either.

It's a plot inconsistency. They probably worked out Adachi's motivations later on and forgot to change the previous scene in response to that.

Adachi being the villian is one of the stupidest aspects of P4. Just the whole "deciding who the villian is" part was so badly written.

FemC/Shinjiro Month is OVER!

Wont be doing one of these again for a while since very few people seemed to care.

Anyway, art dump time, so apologies to mobile users.

Vox Chaotica

Pan-Hime

Heavenly_Spear

CorvoSol

84X

Heavenly_Spear

Modest Mauser

Arue

Setsu00

Arue

And finally.........me, based on this image

Sophia

Yes, we know it can't be Adachi for the reasons you stated, and there's no way Nametame is that person either.

It's a plot inconsistency. They probably worked out Adachi's motivations later on and forgot to change the previous scene in response to that.

The voiced lines,
which are clearly Adachi
, are on the disc unused.

The files in question are V311001.AFS, V219001.AFS, and V182002.AFS if you wish to poke around your own NA PS2 disc.

Zareka

I was just curious if there was ever an explanation given, but I guess not. Thanks for the responses.

QuadOpto

You know, I honestly don't think it's that hard of a jump or inconsistency for it to be in line with their motives.
Adachi
says a lot of stuff, after all.

I'd think even he'd be irked if after telling a guy to throw people into the TV, expecting them to die, for them to suddenly show up just fine from the first time onward.

Also, keep in mind he did send Yu a letter telling him to stop saving people. Even if he just considered it all a game, I could easily see him getting upset that it didn't go the way he wanted it to, which he proves when you actually are fighting him and he starts getting pissed about the crew ignoring his logic.

EDIT:
Forgot about the glaring moments when they're the ones that tell you Yukiko(and I guessing some of the others as well?) have been rescued. Honestly got nothing on that.:p

Also, keep in mind he did send Yu a letter telling him to stop saving people. Even if he just considered it all a game, I could easily see him getting upset that it didn't go the way he wanted it to, which he proves when you actually are fighting him and he starts getting pissed about the crew ignoring his logic.

Which is also my opinion on the matter. It seems fairly obvious Adachi didn't want the game to stop, and the fact that he was lamenting on people being saved, alongside the letter sent to Yu to stop.

PK Gaming

The voiced lines,
which are clearly Adachi
, are on the disc unused.

The files in question are V311001.AFS, V219001.AFS, and V182002.AFS if you wish to poke around your own NA PS2 disc.
Sorry, I guess I didn't get my point across. The person in the fog is supposed Adachi, but what that person says doesn't match up with Adachi's motivations at all, hence why it couldn't be him as well. When you consider that the P4 team has gone on record to state that they greatly with the storytelling, and that a character was changed into a villain in the middle of development, it all lines up.

Weiss

Banned
Next month it's all about P4DAN and P5 hype.

I should hope we start getting some more P5 stuff once DAN passes. I'm not sure we'll even see anything at E3. Other than the trailer in February and one screenshot batch, all their marketing has been on DAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom