• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
20422_793919570705000_7383416019476686764_n.png

eh?

FluxWaveZ

I wonder if one of the last P4Dan updates will be a preview of the P5 Blu-Ray.

That would be a really silly update that would go somewhat counter to the point of including it with first-print copies, so I'm going with no. There might be an unboxing showing the physical disc off in next month's Sega Raw, but none of the contents will be explicitly shown before its release.

Makio

I was expecting the new remix by Friday , but those videos are great keep it coming Atlus.

My favorite still Backside of The TV ... Lotus Juice is da man.

They have to get more frequent with the uploads if they want them all up by launch. We could end up with another one on Friday as well as Teddie's trailer.

Or they could find another reason to not upload Teddie's trailer, like PV3 or something.

Makio

At this point somebody care about Teddie trailer hahhahahaah

I see Margaret one be released first than Teddie's.

(Looking forward for the opening of the game , that shit gonna be crazy).

But i think that one gonna be released like June 23th or some date very near to the release (like always).

At this point somebody care about Teddie trailer hahhahahaah

I see Margaret one be released first than Teddie's.

(Looking forward for the opening of the game , that shit gonna be crazy).

But i think that one gonna be released like June 23th or some date very near to the release (like always).

It's very unlikely to be Margaret this week due to her not having a "coming soon" tease on the charecter page yet.

Makio

It's very unlikely to be Margaret this week due to her not having a "coming soon" tease on the charecter page yet.

Seems legit ....

I dont know if these videos are any indication , but looks like this remix (Best Friends) gonna be danced by Chie ... it seems.

I mean these videos focus in x character to show who gonna be the main dancer in the song / remix right.

EDIT : or i can just check the songlist in the game site ... lol XD

The protagonist of the first game also appears dead in the second game right? We technically don't see how things progress in the third either...

No. His status at the end of the first game is ambiguous but, if anything, it's heavily implied he's alive at the end of the second game.

Persona 1 also dodges the whole "fighting a deity" thing and has a largely better story for it.

Sophia

Persona 1 also dodges the whole "fighting a deity" thing and has a largely better story for it.

Uhh... Major P1 spoilers but...
you basically fight Nyx / Queen Asura in Persona 1 at the end of the Snow Queen Quest.

The protagonist of the first game also appears dead in the second game right? We technically don't see how things progress in the third either...

As far as SMT3 goes... (ENDING SPOILERS)
in the endings where you defy YHWH you're either leading Lucifer's army personally, or you're being told by Lucifier to hang onto your powers because YHWH will now likely be gunning for you for defying him.

in the endings where you defy YHWH you're either leading Lucifer's army personally, or you're being told by Lucifier to hang onto your powers because YHWH will now likely be gunning for you for defying him.

Shame we'll never get a game about either of those. One assumes they both end badly.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
No. His status at the end of the first game is ambiguous but, if anything, it's heavily implied he's alive at the end of the second game.

Persona is basically God and the Devil dont exist so these lesser gods try to take their place and take the spotlight.

Persona is basically God and the Devil dont exist so these lesser gods try to take their place and take the spotlight.

I'd always seen it as more like, "We're not going to get into the whole main series God/Devil fight here. Let's kick back and enjoy some lower stakes!"

Let it be known: we are now officially moving the goal posts in regards to the concept of deicide.

Guess it fits in with the concept of the series in general. >_>

I'm not trying to move any goalposts. I'm just saying the main plot of the game doesn't fit the overall formula. I don't think a bonus mode boss changes that.

I'd always seen it as more like, "We're not going to get into the whole main series God/Devil fight here. Let's kick back and enjoy some lower stakes!"

I'm not trying to move any goalposts. I'm just saying the main plot of the game doesn't fit the overall formula. I don't think a bonus mode boss changes that.

Technically both SEBEC and SQQ are canon - as soon as SQQ finishes the gang can move onto SEBEC and the story would continue normally.

Wow, i really like this.

Also, gotta admit, If all the songs had videos like that in the background in-game, i wouldn't mind just the video in the background.

But of course that's because you can't free-play with your favorite character. If the videos are like this, I'd rather this be the background rather than having to watch a character that is most likely not my favorite.

84X

Banned
Wow, i really like this.

Also, gotta admit, If all the songs had videos like that in the background in-game, i wouldn't mind just the video in the background.

But of course that's because you can't free-play with your favorite character. If the videos are like this, I'd rather this be the background rather than having to watch a character that is most likely not my favorite.

That... wouldn't be worth the cost of buying the game at all.

Though I fail to see how short videos using random pieces of Soejima art would be better than actual dances, character lock or not.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I like this mix because for whatever reason I specifically thought this one would be bad. I guess a bias worked in my favour for once...

I'm actually replaying P1 with the goal of beating SEBEC and SQQ back to back right now. Saved right before the question that locks you out of either route and got Reiji so every character gets used between the two routes.

I've actually never done the SQQ before, we'll see how it goes.

That... wouldn't be worth the cost of buying the game at all.

Though I fail to see how short videos using random pieces of Soejima art would be better than actual dances, character lock or not.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I like this mix because for whatever reason I specifically thought this one would be bad. I guess a bias worked in my favour for once...

Maybe that's just a personal opinion then. But I either want to use the characters I like, or have the option to see something else.

Also, i listen to alot of Electro and "Dance Mix" songs, so this stuff is exactly the kind of stuff i already listen to

Weiss

Banned
Like the Persona 5 Blu-ray?

Oh right, that.

Yeah, we're definitely not seeing anything at E3.

I used to think that Strange Journey
followed up on the True Demon Ending to Nocturne, since Mara references it, the Chaos faction is the one resetting the world whenever they desire, Lucifer is mostly absent, and YHVH has been torn to shreds.

mp1990

Banned
Wanna bet.

Well, i was pretty sure we wouldn't have any new information of P5 on this E3, at least not at Sony conference. Even that Persona is much bigger after P4G and such, it still a niche franchise, couldn't see how the trailer would fit into their presentation. But, Atlus does have a both on E3, right ? Maybe they'll announce something there ?

Nimby

Banned
I agree with Flux. Sony should REALLY push Persona 5. Not only is it a Sony exclusive in a somewhat barren rest of the year exclusive-wise for Sony, there's been a lot of interest in the series lately and it would be kinda silly to not promote it.

Dantis

I agree with Flux. Sony should REALLY push Persona 5. Not only is it a Sony exclusive in a somewhat barren rest of the year exclusive-wise for Sony, there's been a lot of interest in the series lately and it would be kinda silly to not promote it.

I guess it depends what you mean by 'REALLY push it'. It's still not that big of deal.

TBH I hope that Persona 5 takes a note from P1 (or Catherine, I guess) and focuses more heavily on analyzing one character's psychological issues, rather than the "All of my friends have exactly 1.5 issues they need to work on! Let's help them each in turn" system that's been the series standard.

TBH I hope that Persona 5 takes a note from P1 (or Catherine, I guess) and focuses more heavily on analyzing one character's psychological issues, rather than the "All of my friends have exactly 1.5 issues they need to work on! Let's help them each in turn" system that's been the series standard.

I honestly feel I'd rather have the latter, or some sort of balance, I don't want P5's characters to feel as thin as the supporting cast in Catherine.

I used to think that Strange Journey
followed up on the True Demon Ending to Nocturne, since Mara references it, the Chaos faction is the one resetting the world whenever they desire, Lucifer is mostly absent, and YHVH has been torn to shreds.

'Used to'? What refuted it?

jzbluz

If we are talking about Sony/Atlus collabrations, I really hope that they might announce a Persona 5 PS4 bundle announcement at Sony's pre-Tokyo Game Show conference this year

Didn't the Yakuza game get a bundle? I'm pretty sure that Persona is more popular so it's likely to get one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom