• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys/gals! Persona OT is on 7 now lol. Question: Is Persona 5 confirmed ps3/ps4 only? Hoping there is a release date at e3...

PS3/PS4 for now. Honestly don't see it expanding anywhere else for now, if ever.

I'm not even sure if the PS Vita can handle the visuals. I don't know much about its hardware but it seems like stuff would have to be toned down if there was ever a Vita release. But at least with PS4, there'll be remote play

It's confirmed PS3 and PS4 only. We'll see if we learn anything in the next few weeks.
Eh. Kinda neutral on that because now there's more of a chance for a vita port.
From nothing to .01 %...

Hi. This is actually my first post on Neogaf despite joining months ago (really shy). I've gotten into the Persona series kind of recently, and I've been looking for a community to discuss the series with. Excited for Persona 5 and Dancing All Night (well I got get a bigger Vita Memory card for that), but yeah. Nice to meet you all.
Hey, welcome to the club!

Welcome to the madhouse!

It's quite rare to see someone name fuuka as their favourite character. It's not that people don't like her, hell, we had an art week dedicated to her, but it's unusal to see someone outright call her their favourite.

Quiz time for the newbie!

Favourite persona design?
Favourite song?
Favourite scene?
Favourite non party member?
Hype levels for P5?
I'm gonna take this cause I missed like 2 OTs.

Matador
The Almighty
The Valentine scene for legitmately making me feel guilty.
Tie between Funky student and Fox
Really High! Want it to come out in Oct. because that's when my bday is, lol.

Mr_Joe

Welcome to the madhouse!

It's quite rare to see someone name fuuka as their favourite character. It's not that people don't like her, hell, we had an art week dedicated to her, but it's unusal to see someone outright call her their favourite.

Quiz time for the newbie!

Favourite persona design?
Favourite song?
Favourite scene?
Favourite non party member?
Hype levels for P5?

I missed this, so I'll give it a go. But I haven't finished P4 yet, soooooo...

Favorite persona design - King Frost's big dumb body makes me laugh, so I'll go with that.

Favorite song - Your Affection.

Favorite scene - Romance scenes are hilarious because I give my characters English names, but I'll have to go with the anime cutscene before P3's final boss. It's just so frickin good.

Favorite non party member - Maya, the hermit link in P3 was hilarious, so that.

Hype levels for P5 - I am so ready for a clean slate.

arue

Favorite scene? Tough one. I'll think it over.
I'd do these questions but I'm not a newbie oops.

I'd say P3's rooftop scene near the ending is my favorite scene in the whole Persona universe.
P3 endgame spoiler:
P3MC trying to wipe Aigis' tears had me in tears.
Good times.

Also, trying out new avatar yo.

I'd say P3's rooftop scene near the ending is my favorite scene in the whole Persona universe.
P3 endgame spoiler:
Good times.

Nice avatar. would love to see one with P3MC and the chicks around him have likeness to the P3 cast :D

Also that scene. ;_;

P3 endgame spoiler:
Good times.

COMPLETELY agree on the scenes.
The moment you come back to everyone after defeating Nyx (i was already crying at this point so seeing Aigis cry made me cry harder), and the rooftop scene with your head in Aigis' lap. P3 put me to tears in quite a few places, and i don't think they stopped flowing from the final battle ("Alright. Let's Do This"), to a little while after the credits are over
. You know that dead feeling inside after you beat a game or read a book you really, really enjoyed, and you don't know what to do afterwards? That's how i felt.

I also enjoyed Aigis' social link ALOT too, for obvious reasons

PS3/PS4 for now. Honestly don't see it expanding anywhere else for now, if ever.

I'm not even sure if the PS Vita can handle the visuals. I don't know much about its hardware but it seems like stuff would have to be toned down if there was ever a Vita release. But at least with PS4, there'll be remote play

It could definitely run on Vita with some small compromises.

FluxWaveZ

Made a comparison P4D gif of the initial FEVER section of Nanako's "Shadow World (ATLUS Kozuka Remix)" between Yu and Kanami as partners:

r12qIA9.gif
JP6E0FU.gif

It has that glorious free Niconico quality and there are some cuts, but this one's a direct comparison between the exact same section of the same song.

Yu's a show-off.

If that's definitely the same section, then that's insane. It's a completely different dance for both characters.

Yeah, this time they're both absolutely the exact same section of the same song, on the same difficulty setting.

Dantis

Made a comparison P4D gif of the initial FEVER section of Nanako's "Shadow World (ATLUS Kozuka Remix)" between Yu and Kanami as partners:

p4dcomparisonnqpgb.gif

It has that glorious free Niconico quality and there are some cuts, but this one's a direct comparison between the exact same section of the same song.

Yu's a show-off.

If that's definitely the same section, then that's insane. It's a completely different dance for both characters.

Rock94

Neo Member
I feel like I'm the only one that didnt like P3's ending. It felt so awkward and forced

Really? Would you mind going into more detail? It did fit the game's theme regarding death, so I'm curious to see more of your thoughts on it.

Well they might as well go all out for this game, as it might be potentially the last game the P4 cast will be in. Nice attention to detail and all.

Meia

P3's ending was one of the only times that
"a hero's sacrifice" was actually handled really well. Normally one of the only things I feel is anger(especially in some games where there's no reason for it(another game in this time frame is a prime example but can't say title cause spoiler)), but they really nailed it. Only ever felt angry about it once I got through the Answer and you find out the whole story. It's one of the two reasons I absolutely loathe the Answer(other being Metis being required without knowledge she is).

Really? Would you mind going into more detail? It did fit the game's theme regarding death, so I'm curious to see more of your thoughts on it.

Im not a fan of sacrifice in the least bit as a theme. Its always felt like a failure of the characters to me, however that doesnt matter to my issue I was bringing up here. My problem is how after the moon fight you reappear back on earth, memories gone like everyone else but just fine, only to drop dead a bit later. Its like they had to make up some weird reason for you to not just be gone after the moon fight so they could shoehorn in the emotional moment with Aigis.

Im not a fan of sacrifice in the least bit as a theme. Its always felt like a failure of the characters to me, however that doesnt matter to my issue I was bringing up here. My problem is how after the moon fight you reappear back on earth, memories gone like everyone else but just fine, only to drop dead a bit later. Its like they had to make up some weird reason for you to not just be gone after the moon fight so they could shoehorn in the emotional moment with Aigis.

In other words,
contrivances for the sake of hamfisted melodrama.

Rock94

Neo Member

I see. I kind of understand what you mean.
I guess they could have transitioned things better between those moments or... handled it differently. I guess they really wanted to push that scene at the end between the characters.

Only ever felt angry about it once I got through the Answer and you find out the whole story. It's one of the two reasons I absolutely loathe the Answer(other being Metis being required without knowledge she is).

Well I was always curious if The Answer was always intended, since the original version of Persona 3 didn't have it, and they added it into FES and all. The Answer is admittedly a mixed bag, understandably to a degree.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)

I might be mis-remembering, but isn't the gap between the Nyx fight and his death explained by the fact the contract you sigh at the start gives you a year?

yuuki

I might be mis-remembering, but isn't the gap between the Nyx fight and his death explained by the fact the contract you sigh at the start gives you a year?
but he/she dies before the end of the year. After all it was around midnight that the Mc arrived

Just wanted to pop in and say that yeah, Flux's comparison gif makes me feel a bit more optimistic about the game. Looks like it's gonna try and be a unique thing for each duo, which I can appreciate.

Best chance to post this:
This is excellent! ...and it makes me wish even harder for a shred of actual artistic talent.

Weiss

Banned
Nearing the end of my P4 playthrough and it doesn't look like I'll max all my S-Links. I'm a day before Heaven and most of them are hovering between 5 and 7, Hanged and Tower are at 1, and I haven't started Naoto's. Is it a bad idea to get the bad end and carry over my characteristics to NG+?

Nearing the end of my P4 playthrough and it doesn't look like I'll max all my S-Links. I'm a day before Heaven and most of them are hovering between 5 and 7, Hanged and Tower are at 1, and I haven't started Naoto's. Is it a bad idea to get the bad end and carry over my characteristics to NG+?

It'd be best to max as many as you still can this time around, so you'll get access to
the exclusive Personae of each link
as soon as you get to the right level on NG+.

Meia

Yes, since you get everything carried over on a good end(and gets you more time in general).

How is it shoehorned? It's explained that the MC only stays alive long enough to fulfill the promise everyone made to meet eachother on the roof of the school on graduation day, because they have no idea what will happen after Nyx. They anticipated their memories being wiped once the Dark Hour went away, but the power of their promise still kept them together. Anime tropes or not, i greatly appreciated the themes of the ending.

Weiss

Banned
Yes, since you get everything carried over on a good end(and gets you more time in general).

So nothing carries over if I get the bad ending? This is vanilla P4, by the way.

It'd be best to max as many as you still can this time around, so you'll get access to
the exclusive Personae of each link
as soon as you get to the right level on NG+.

I'm planning on maxing them all next playthrough since I won't have to worry about increasing my characteristics, so I'll have more time to do them all and start most of them earlier. All of the Max rank Personae are at least penultimate dungeon level anyway, so it wouldn't affect a NG+ playthrough since I'd have them all maxed by the time I could use them.

How is it shoehorned? It's explained that the MC only stays alive long enough to fulfill the promise everyone made to meet eachother on the roof of the school on graduation day, because they have no idea what will happen after Nyx. They anticipated their memories being wiped once the Dark Hour went away, but the power of their promise still kept them together. Anime tropes or not, i greatly appreciated the themes of the ending.
its shoehorned because they used a really contrived way to explain how he was back on earth for another month, while his soul was elsewhere

got my 7th persona Figure in. Just need a Rise and for Marie to be released then I'm probably done.

MegaHouse Chie
802du8Z.jpg

Played with her display options a bit (2 full heads and torsos huh)
GOaauBl.jpg

nr0FXBC.jpg

SNJaHXo.jpg

^final display I went with, skirt on, jacket on waist, calmer face. Didnt bother to take an actually focused picture but w/e

And adding her to the collection
x9jdnCh.jpg
at some point Ill actually get something decent to display them on (the cards are off center because they are covering a gouge >.>

Meia

Summer outfit is best Chie outfit, yes.

With P4, everything carries over, good or bad, but bad cuts down on free time you have considerably. So if you were really that interested in min/maxing, you'll go for the good and use all the extra time you get wisely.

Weiss

Banned
Summer outfit is best Chie outfit, yes.

With P4, everything carries over, good or bad, but bad cuts down on free time you have considerably. So if you were really that interested in min/maxing, you'll go for the good and use all the extra time you get wisely.

I don't really want to Min/Max anything, I just wanted to do all the S-Links and then get the true ending since I never got it before. I'm not planning on fighting Margaret or the Reaper or fusing InO.

Max diligence isn't necessary so I'm just missing out on courage and knowledge, and even if I don't fill those out before NG+ I could probably make up for them early enough.

its shoehorned because they used a really contrived way to explain how he was back on earth for another month, while his soul was elsewhere

He projected his power into keeping part of his soul intact inside of his body. When talking to anyone in the school, they comment that you look very pale and that you look sick. Out of sheer willpower, he projected part of his soul into his body so he could fulfill that promise. I understand if you don't like it, but it doesn't feel shoehorned to me at all.

I don't really want to Min/Max anything, I just wanted to do all the S-Links and then get the true ending since I never got it before. I'm not planning on fighting Margaret or the Reaper or fusing InO.

Max diligence isn't necessary so I'm just missing out on courage and knowledge, and even if I don't fill those out before NG+ I could probably make up for them early enough.

Just so we're clear, you don't have to max out all of them to get the true ending.
Unless of course you also want to complete all the social links to see how they conclude individually, which I can understand.

Weiss

Banned
Just so we're clear, you don't have to max out all of them to get the true ending.
Unless of course you also want to complete all the social links to see how they conclude individually, which I can understand.

Yeah, I absolutely want to see all of them to the end. Last time I didn't even start half of them, but now I really want to see how they all play out.

But I'm already at November and still haven't maxed out any party members, just started Hanged and Tower, still haven't started Fortune, and a lot of them are still at about 5. I think only about four of them are at rank nine, and I maxed out Nanako and Dojima early on.

Yeah, I absolutely want to see all of them to the end. Last time I didn't even start half of them, but now I really want to see how they all play out.

But I'm already at November and still haven't maxed out any party members, just started Hanged and Tower, still haven't started Fortune, and a lot of them are still at about 5. I think only about four of them are at rank nine, and I maxed out Nanako and Dojima early on.

In that case, I suggest maxing out your teammates' links, due to improving their battle capability. Also rank up tower as much as you can, that arcana has some of the best personae available, even without maxing it out.

Weiss

Banned
In that case, I suggest maxing out your teammates' links, due to improving their battle capability. Also rank up tower as much as you can, that arcana has some of the best personae available, even without maxing it out.

So basically there's no chance I can max them all out before the last dungeon?

This is why I might do a NG+, since this way I will be able to max them all out with improved characteristics.

So basically there's no chance I can max them all out before the last dungeon?

This is why I might do a NG+, since this way I will be able to max them all out with improved characteristics.

No, I don't believe you have enough time to still max out all the links. (P4 spoilers)
Even though Heaven isn't the last dungeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom