• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
It doesn't look like P5 will have portraits at all at the moment.
I'm still a little bummed about this, honestly. I mean, I understand it, but I'll still miss the 2D renders. They had a certain quality about them, and not just strictly from the technical standpoint.

FluxWaveZ

1. June 15: Persona 5 NA release year. [Guaranteed]
  2. June 22: Sega Raw mini Persona 5 presentation. [Potential]
  3. June 25: Persona 5 special movie Blu-ray release. [Confirmed]
  4. June 29: Persona Magazine #2015 July released with Persona 5 follow-up news. [Confirmed]
Some of the June dates to look forward to for P5 news. For guaranteed new media, it's June 25th. There'll be some other P5 dates, though.

Weiss

Banned
  1. June 15: Persona 5 NA release year. [Guaranteed]
  2. June 22: Sega Raw mini Persona 5 presentation. [Potential]
  3. June 25: Persona 5 special movie Blu-ray release. [Confirmed]
  4. June 29: Persona Magazine #2015 July released with Persona 5 follow-up news. [Confirmed]
Some of the June dates to look forward to for P5 news. For guaranteed new media, it's June 25th. There'll be some other P5 dates, though.

I'm almost certain that once DAN comes out we'll get a blitz of news for P5. They've just been secretive for the last while so they could focus on DAN.

FluxWaveZ

I'm still a bit confused by how partners will work in P4D. In a video where Yu is paired up with Kanami for Dance!, there are two "Fever!" sections. Yet, when the first one is initiated, Kanami doesn't join up, but she does during the second section. Yet, going by the Yu and Nanako pair-up for the song, it seems she appears during its first "Fever!" section.

If some songs have multiple Fever! zones, but then there are partners who will only appear during one of them (or multiple?), that would mean the main character will also have a separate solo choreography for those individual Fever! moments.

I'm almost certain that once DAN comes out we'll get a blitz of news for P5. They've just been secretive for the last while so they could focus on DAN.

Well, there's not really an 'almost certain' about it. The P5 Blu-ray's been a clear sign of the starting point for P5 marketing for a long while now. It's only logical that they wouldn't want to overshadow P4D by bringing too much attention to their biggest game yet.

Weiss

Banned
Persona 4 Bad Ending Get!

Oh my God that was depressing. It's legitimately worth saving right before the last choice just to see it on a normal playthrough.

Meia

Persona 4 Bad Ending Get!

Oh my God that was depressing. It's legitimately worth saving right before the last choice just to see it on a normal playthrough.

Yeah, I can't really understand the logic of anyone actually trying for the bad ending, all things considered. It's easy enough to stumble into though.

Equally depressing are the game over scenes you get if you don't rescue a victim on time, or catch someone on time. The last one was especially brutal.

Weiss

Banned
Yeah, I can't really understand the logic of anyone actually trying for the bad ending, all things considered. It's easy enough to stumble into though.

Equally depressing are the game over scenes you get if you don't rescue a victim on time, or catch someone on time. The last one was especially brutal.

I... I deliberately went to get it so I could do a NG+

Meia

I... I deliberately went to get it so I could do a NG+

I know you did, but if your stats weren't maxed yet, it makes even less sense to do so since you could have used the extra time to get them higher. If they were, more power to ya. :p

Personally I cared about maxing all the links too on a good ending, which is why I just followed a max guide on my first playthrough(in hindsight, wasn't too spoilery to do so, which was nice).

Weiss

Banned
I know you did, but if your stats weren't maxed yet, it makes even less sense to do so since you could have used the extra time to get them higher. If they were, more power to ya. :p

Personally I cared about maxing all the links too on a good ending, which is why I just followed a max guide on my first playthrough(in hindsight, wasn't too spoilery to do so, which was nice).

If you mean the Stats like Knowledge, I made sure to max them all out beforehand.

I tried following a guide in the beginning, but eventually I had too many slip-ups so I ran out of time. No idea how that guy started Moon and Tower so early/.

Probably the intention.

Also, I needed to do Law first so I could take down Mastema for what he did to Zelenin.

Except in SMT4 Mastema is a total bro. You dun goofed.

Meia

If you mean the Stats like Knowledge, I made sure to max them all out beforehand.

I tried following a guide in the beginning, but eventually I had too many slip-ups so I ran out of time. No idea how that guy started Moon and Tower so early/.

Except in SMT4 Mastema is a total bro. You dun goofed.

Part of the idea of the guides is always having a matching persona in your inventory of whoever you hang out with to earn more points for it. Most forget that, and all it takes is not having one past like rank 2 to keep you behind for the rest of the game. Still P4 vanilla gives you an extra week or two worth of catchup iirc, P3 you only had 2 days. :p

You can also do things in both games to rank up faster. Knowledge you can get two ranks per study session(just reload a save if you don't get 2 when you study, etc) as an example.

Haroon

I have made it to level seventy in P4G. Before I venture into the final dungeon, do you guys have any specfic persona recommendations that I should use around my level?

Weiss

Banned
Part of the idea of the guides is always having a matching persona in your inventory of whoever you hang out with to earn more points for it. Most forget that, and all it takes is not having one past like rank 2 to keep you behind for the rest of the game. Still P4 vanilla gives you an extra week or two worth of catchup iirc, P3 you only had 2 days. :p

You can also do things in both games to rank up faster. Knowledge you can get two ranks per study session(just reload a save if you don't get 2 when you study, etc) as an example.

In any case, now I don't have to worry about increasing my stats and can focus on the Social Links.

Actually, in my last playthrough I basically never bought equipment and could never find any good stuff in the dungeons. How does one go about getting the best equipment in this, and is it even worth it? I made pretty good track just using my Personae, and Yosuke had that wrench you get after the first dungeon the whole time.

QuadOpto

I have made it to level seventy in P4G. Before I venture into the final dungeon, do you guys have any specfic persona recommendations that I should use around my level?

>Reach Lvl.75

>Fuse Yoshitsune w/ Power Charge & Heat Riser

>Grind it until you get Hassou Tobi (Lvl.83 attack)

>Congratulations.You've just won the game.

In any case, now I don't have to worry about increasing my stats and can focus on the Social Links.

Actually, in my last playthrough I basically never bought equipment and could never find any good stuff in the dungeons. How does one go about getting the best equipment in this, and is it even worth it? I made pretty good track just using my Personae, and Yosuke had that wrench you get after the first dungeon the whole time.

I actually went through the majority of the game with the golf club.

Correct me if I'm wrong PersonaGAF but I think weapons don't add damage to the physical moves from your personas. They only add to the general attack option, when your character attacks by himself/herself without a persona. It also adds to all out attacks I think but that's not a big deal. So in my playthrough I only focused on upgrading armor.

Rock94

Neo Member
I don't think I can bring myself to aim for a max-all-SL run. It helps that I'm not much of a completionist.

I feel similarly. I would only attempt such a feat in New Game Plus, after maxing out all my Social Stats. I'm sure it's possible to do so, in a first playthrough as well, but I rather just enjoy the game story normally, before doing something like that.

I actually went through the majority of the game with the golf club.

Correct me if I'm wrong PersonaGAF but I think weapons don't add damage to the physical moves from your personas. They only add to the general attack option, when your character attacks by himself/herself without a persona. It also adds to all out attacks I think but that's not a big deal. So in my playthrough I only focused on upgrading armor.

Yeah, the damage of your Personas' physical attacks is determined by their strength stat, and not affected by your character's equipped weapon.

Unless I'm also wrong

Meia

Yeah, the damage of your Personas' physical attacks is determined by their strength stat, and not affected by your character's equipped weapon.

Unless I'm also wrong

No, pretty sure you're right. Same thing with the magic stat, but more obvious.

Was something I was thinking about as I started a playthrough of P4G recently(first time since it had come out). It's odd that Chie doesn't get an extra weapon, unlike the rest of the cast. Yosuke's like doubles his SP, which is massive early on, and Yukiko's gives a big boost to SP too. Because of that, you use them way more than you probably should(think I had them on almost until the last actual rescue). You'd think with all the extra stuff they added for P4G, they could've thrown Chie a weapon early on too. :p

No, pretty sure you're right. Same thing with the magic stat, but more obvious.

Was something I was thinking about as I started a playthrough of P4G recently(first time since it had come out). It's odd that Chie doesn't get an extra weapon, unlike the rest of the cast. Yosuke's like doubles his SP, which is massive early on, and Yukiko's gives a big boost to SP too. Because of that, you use them way more than you probably should(think I had them on almost until the last actual rescue). You'd think with all the extra stuff they added for P4G, they could've thrown Chie a weapon early on too. :p

She does have
a follow-up attack that can kill anything in one hit.
Maybe it was their idea of balancing the party members?

I hate how easy it is. I got one out of all dialogue choices wrong, and bam, bad ending. I picked every choice that seemed the best, and nope, bad ending.

kurahador

I don't think I can bring myself to aim for a max-all-SL run. It helps that I'm not much of a completionist.

I just ignored 3-4 SL altogether in the 1st playthrough. At least there are plenty of stuff you can see in NG+.

I think come Persona 5, I'm gonna go for bad ending as my first playthrough.

Makio

[*]June 15: Persona 5 NA release year. [Guaranteed]

[*]June 25: Persona 5 special movie Blu-ray release. [Confirmed]

Oh right ... E3 , if they talk more than that i m be very happy ( i expect nothing beside "Coming 2015 / 2016)

So since we are talking about dates , when we can expect the official japanese release date , maybe with the blu ray ... no .. maybe. i have that in mind they announce the blu ray.

I dont know , but this month and the next one gonna be P5 months for sure , so excited.

Makio

I keep wondering how Persona 5 will handle this, should it have multiple endings. Hopefully it's a touch less archaic.

i love to see Persona 5 with multiple endings , but if they manage in some way like Heavy Rain or something when some actions in the story "unlocks" diferent outcomes / endings.
Or more like Catherine ... now i think about it , i love to think that "Good Boyfriend" / "Cheater" meter from Catherine gonna make it in Persona 5 like some kind of Law / Chaos meter or Good Guy / Bad Guy meter.

Not something like Persona 4 were is a bitch to unlock the real one (wonder how many people make that without a guide or something) , or something so simple like option A o option B out of nowhere like in Persona 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom