• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makio

this one's a direct comparison between the exact same section of the same song.

Yu's a show-off.

Like seriously the guy totally forgot the girl dancing behind him and make his moves if he try to impress someone . lol.

Great find , love to see they put some effort and make different the team-ups.

Sadly is only a little part of the song they dance with a partner.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201506/02079927.html

and there's the famitsu feature preview. Story mode impressions, new costumes and accessories, and more DLC info.

and more Nanako DLC costumes, swimsuit confirmed:

KnGIj5f.png

za9PZ1A.png

zSjfTQQ.png

Yep. They kept it classy with Nanako's swimsuit, thankfully. Still kind of a weird thing, but whatever. Options.

Come on, I know this is common in Japan but were you really expecting Atlus to do creepy stuff with Nanako?
Why does the simple fact that she's wearing a swimsuit have to be weird? I don't see anything out of the ordinary in those designs, why does fanservice have to be implied in everything?

FluxWaveZ

Come on, I know this is common in Japan but were you really expecting Atlus to do creepy stuff with Nanako?
Why does the simple fact that she's wearing a swimsuit have to be weird? I don't see anything out of the ordinary in those designs, why does fanservice have to be implied in everything?

I guess you missed it, but I was the one defending the fact that Nanako's character trailer and her inclusion in P4D wasn't designed for creepy individuals several pages back, so it's strange that you're aiming this at me. What's weird is the fact that it's a swimsuit for her to dance in, and that goes for the rest of the girls. But note the inclusion of "kinda," because, in the end, it's just a silly inclusion. You were the one implying fanservice from my comment, when that wasn't my implication.

I guess you missed it, but I was the one defending the fact that Nanako's character trailer and her inclusion in P4D wasn't designed for creepy individuals several pages back, so it's strange that you're aiming this at me. What's weird is the fact that it's a swimsuit for her to dance in, and that goes for the rest of the girls. But note the inclusion of "kinda," because, in the end, it's just a silly inclusion. You were the one implying fanservice from my comment, when that wasn't my implication.

Oh, I missed that, sorry.
I wasn't talking about you in particular though, just comments I've seen of "OMG a swimsuit for Nanako!" I mean, so fucking what?
I get the feeling that the people posting these comments are the creeps to begin with.

I do find it slightly amusing that they gave her a swimsuit, but there's really nothing sexualised about that design. I don't have any problems with it.

I do find it slightly amusing that they gave her a swimsuit, but there's really nothing sexualised about that design. I don't have any problems with it.

Well, the other characters have it so I guess it's consistent. Alternatively they'd have to come up with something else to replace it or drop it entirely.
Again, it's a non-issue anyway.

Some of these Kanami Kitchen portraits look kind of off to me

http://imgur.com/a/zHpUY

I never really understood why she has that expression or what emotions she is trying to express. Some has suggested its a sign of constipation or excitement when the MC is in the room.

The biggest problem is Kanamin and Ryotaro Dojima together. They clearly belong to 2 different games. Kanamin's eyes are like the size of Dojima's entire freaking face. When Kanamin closes her eyes, her eyes are as wide as Dojima's mouth.

Cheaped out on character portraits? >_>

Setsu00

The biggest problem is Kanamin and Ryotaro Dojima together. They clearly belong to 2 different games. Kanamin's eyes are like the size of Dojima's entire freaking face. When Kanamin closes her eyes, her eyes are as wide as Dojima's mouth.

Cheaped out on character portraits? >_>

I'm at a loss for words.

You see, seven years have passed since P4 came out. It's no wonder that portraits drawn in 2015 look different from those made in 2008.

Dantis

I'm at a loss for words.

You see, seven years have passed since P4 came out. It's no wonder that portraits drawn in 2015 look different from those made in 2008.
I mean, you say this, but he's right. The new portraits look a lot worse than the P4 ones. It's obvious that some stylistic changes would take place, but it's not obvious that the quality would drop.

Dantis

Setsu00

You'd almost think it'd be smart to redraw portraits from 2008 or something.

I absolutely agree that this is what they should've done in the first place.

I mean, you say this, but he's right. The new portraits look a lot worse than the P4 ones. It's obvious that some stylistic changes would take place, but it's not obvious that the quality would drop.

The portraits for Kanami Kitchen look a lot like the ones Soejima did for P3P's NPCs. Maybe that's why I'm not bothered by the lack of quality.

To be entirely honest I'm not entirely convinced that Soejima is even responsible for the portraits. I remember someone at Atlus saying how they added a new artist for P4D. There's also the assistant character designer for PQ who's last name is apparently Kobayashi. He did the majority of the new Shadow designs for PQ and his sketches look a lot like Soejima's. I could definitely see that he's the one behind the new portraits for P4D. At least, that would be an explanation for the quality drop.

To be entirely honest I'm not entirely convinced that Soejima is even responsible for the portraits. I remember someone at Atlus saying how they added a new artist for P4D. There's also the assistant character designer for PQ who's last name is apparently Kobayashi. He did the majority of the new Shadow designs for PQ and his sketches look a lot like Soejima's. I could definitely see that he's the one behind the new portraits for P4D. At least, that would be an explanation for the quality drop.

But wasnt Soejima specifically credited as "Original character designer" or something to that extent for P4D?

Setsu00

But wasnt Soejima specifically credited as "Original character designer" or something to that extent for P4D?

At least that's what they called him when they first announced the game in 2013. That term, however, is pretty vague if you ask me. It's usually thrown around in anime related things whenever a show is adapted from preexisting material. Sometimes the original character design doesn't quite work on a TV screen (the colours may be off, the clothing might be to complex, etc.) and someone else has to adapt the original design. That person will usually be the one credited as "Character Designer" while the original artist gets billed as "Original Character Designer".

I'm not quite sure how the term is meant to be used here. I originally assumed that they hired someone else to do the costume design for the Investigation Team, but I honestly have no idea. Maybe they'll do an interview about this in a future Persona Magazine.

It was found out later that they were specifically talking about music artists.

Ah, thanks for the information. I was confused about this.

MSMrRound

did you think there wouldnt be any pure fanservice outfits?

We already have the swimsuits....for a different kind of fanservice I would rather that they go with the Neo Featherman outfits...also, I still need confirmation that Naoto gets the
Girl Yaso High
outfit as well. Might be me, but I prefer Naoto getting more
girly outfits
than the standard ones..

We already have the swimsuits....for a different kind of fanservice I would rather that they go with the Neo Featherman outfits...also, I still need confirmation that Naoto gets the
Girl Yaso High
outfit as well. Might be me, but I prefer Naoto getting more
girly outfits
than the standard ones..
Im sure it comes as no surprise that I wish for those as well

muteki

Naoto definitely has the worst armor of the bunch. P3 armor was better than P4's anyway.

As far as uniforms go, the only things I can think of are Yosuke's Junes uniform, and Rise's from the tofu shop. They have already been shown though, so maybe variants for other characters? I think we have seen every Yaso uniform so far.

Dantis

The portraits for Kanami Kitchen look a lot like the ones Soejima did for P3P's NPCs. Maybe that's why I'm not bothered by the lack of quality.

Wut. P3P's portraits were excellent. These look nothing like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom