• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

squadr0n

Is there a commonly used name for the protagonist of Soul Hackers 3DS? First time playing and so far the atmosphere has been exactly what I want from an RPG. Cant wait to hope in!

Is there a commonly used name for the protagonist of Soul Hackers 3DS? First time playing and so far the atmosphere has been exactly what I want from an RPG. Cant wait to hope in!

There isn't really any common fan name for him.

The novelisation uses Keiji Minegishi, the manga uses Arata Tsukamoto, and there's another novel that uses Kenichi Senno if you want to go with something that's vaguely canon.

Dantis

Okay, that Snowflakes remix is brilliant. Really happy they used the live version with the second verse, too.

Easily the best remix so far. By like, a good margin.

Scans show a variety of new glasses, female uniforms for Naoto, both Gekkoukan and Yasogami, high cut armour, and red haired Yu. I think Speedo Kanji is new too.

and still no Featherman costumes

MSMrRound

Saw the scans.

First I was like GAAAH! HIGH-CUT ARMOURS ARE IN! Noooooo

then I scrolled down and I was like: oooh, Naoto's
Girl Yaso High
confirmed. YESSSSS. Alright. At least this latest piece of info balances the good and bad.

I want to be able to play the game on the train ._.

Honest thoughts:
As much as I like fanservice, Persona's High-Cut Armours are usually a bit too pandering for my tastes.
I never liked Naoto's. I prefer my fanservice to be of the chest variety. Rise's looks good, and actually feels like a legit costume with its gypsy concept

Lunar15

Haha, Speedo Kanji.

Swimsuits redeemed.

Anywho, the fact that E3 is so close to the release of the P5 blu ray makes me think we won't hear much about it at the conference. I feel like the blow out will be closer to the release of P4D, alongside the blu ray and the Persona Magazine release.

At most, I expect a shout out at the Sony conference, maaaaaaybe a release date. I just want the damn badge to be P5!

Haha, Speedo Kanji.

Swimsuits redeemed.

Anywho, the fact that E3 is so close to the release of the P5 blu ray makes me think we won't hear much about it at the conference. I feel like the blow out will be closer to the release of P4D, alongside the blu ray and the Persona Magazine release.

At most, I expect a shout out at the Sony conference, maaaaaaybe a release date. I just want the damn badge to be P5!

I expect them to at least announce the US release year. If it really is gonna make it for 2015 I don't see them waiting much longer to announce it.

FluxWaveZ

I expect them to at least announce the US release year. If it really is gonna make it for 2015 I don't see them waiting much longer to announce it.

It doesn't really matter if they announce the release year or not. Either way, we will know 100% for sure at E3. If they don't say anything about it, it's 2016.

I don't see them waiting much longer to announce it.

Well, the thing is, they have announced it. Multiple times, in fact.

February 25, 2014
December 6, 2014
December 24, 2014
February 5, 2015

It's just that, because of doubt, people are looking for a reconfirmation.

Makio

Snowflakes is maybe my favorite song of P4 and that remix is great. The lyrics always reminds me to Rise i dont why , but loving to see Yukiko be the dancer fits to her too.

So far my top 3 of the remix released :

1.Backside of TV
2.Snowflakes
3.Your Affection

I don't think we can freely change hair colours. The red hair says that it's DLC.

Seems a really odd thing to add though. I can't think of anything it could be referencing, besides the Sho jokes.

FluxWaveZ

We live in a world where the general opinion of Fallout 4's prospects for a 2015 release are bullish, while the same for people's thoughts of Persona 5 (in NA) are bearish.

1w0tt4z.jpg

Perhaps we'll hear about a Persona game in English tomorrow.

N30RYU

We live in a world where the general opinion of Fallout 4's prospects for a 2015 release are bullish, while the same for people's thoughts of Persona 5 (in NA) are bearish.

1w0tt4z.jpg

Perhaps we'll hear about a Persona game in English tomorrow.
PS Blog have announced P5 for USA and Europe in 2015...
Since surely they won't localize the game other than english I can see the game releasing this year.

Also, aside for very few games (Guilty Gear) most of the PS4 releases have released in USA and EU at the same time.

I am genuinely surprised by how (relatively) chill that Snowflakes remix is. I was expecting the worst, to be honest. Not bad. Naoto's armor looks terribly out of place, what a dumb idea. Rise's genie outfit actually doesn't look bad? Color me surprised.

I'm gonna need one of those spreadsheets to keep all these songs/costumes in order.

I'd agree with you, if it weren't for the fact that we don't have to wait months for Fallout 4 to be localized for NA. Not trying to be pessimistic, just going by ATLUS's track record.

Fallout 4 : NA :: Persona 5 : JP

EDIT:
Wait, agree with me how? I'm not expressing any thoughts other than it sucks that there's uncertainty around the 2015 release for Persona 5.
oops I thought you were shaming the double standard or something. My b

FluxWaveZ

I'd agree with you, if it weren't for the fact that we don't have to wait months for Fallout 4 to be localized for NA. Not trying to be pessimistic, just going by ATLUS's track record.

Fallout 4 : NA :: Persona 5 : JP

Wait, agree with me how? I'm not expressing any thoughts other than it sucks that there's uncertainty around the 2015 release for Persona 5.

Persona 5 will release when it releases. That's good enough for me.

It's easy for someone to say that when they haven't been waiting for 6+ years.

PS Blog have announced P5 for USA and Europe in 2015...
Since surely they won't localize the game other than english I can see the game releasing this year.

Persona 5 was never announced for Europe.

I'm gonna need one of those spreadsheets to keep all these songs/costumes in order.

Other:
Lawson Costumes
Dengeki Maoh 27/06 costume
Naoto Female Costumes (through Famitsu 25/06/15)

Twitter Campaign (Free with enough tweets):
Reach Out To the Truth FES2013 Live

Preorder DLC:
Female Swimsuits

Premium Crazy Box/Crazy Value Pack DLC:
Gekkoukan Uniforms
Epilogue Outfits
Never More (Golden Credits Version)

Free Costume DLC:
Winter Outfits
Ski Trip Outfits
Midwinter Outfits
General Teddie

Paid Costume DLC:
Cross Dressing Costumes
Seaweed Costumes (Kanji)
Female Swimsuits*
Gekkoukan Uniforms*
Epilogue Outfits*
Nanako Epilogue
Nanako Swimsuit
Nanako Detective
Naoto Female Uniforms*

Free Song DLC:
Shadow World (De De Mouse Shadow Swings Mix)

Paid Song DLC:
Sky's the Limit
Beauty of Destiny
Key Plus Words
Love Detective
Next Chance to Move On
Dazzling Smile
Never More (Golden Credits Version)*

Paid Accessory DLC:
Red Wig

*available in another form

Here's my current list, don't think it's quite complicated enough for a table yet though

Dantis

Naoto's uniforms look really good in P4D. Super lame that they're DLC, but at least they're in. The armor is predictably terrible.

I feel like there's still some hope that PxD outfits will show up somewhere down the line.

Considering how significant the Famitsu outfits are, I really want to know what the Dengeki one will be.

Weiss

Banned
It doesn't really matter if they announce the release year or not. Either way, we will know 100% for sure at E3. If they don't say anything about it, it's 2016.

I wouldn't call E3 the death knell. Two weeks later we'll finally see the blu-ray with DAN. If that doesn't have a release date, then I'll start panicking.

Not like Neutral didn't suck, too.

SMT4's plot sucked.

Fight me in real life.

FluxWaveZ

I wouldn't call E3 the death knell. Two weeks later we'll finally see the blu-ray with DAN. If that doesn't have a release date, then I'll start panicking.

The Blu-ray wouldn't announce a North American release date for Persona 5. That's never how it works, and that's not how it will work this time. Straight up. It's for Japanese audiences only, and the same goes for Japanese magazines and Japanese conferences.

E3 will absolutely be the death knell if they no longer state what the Western release date is. What do you think it would mean if they were ready to announce that Persona 5 was releasing in NA in 2015 multiple times in the past year (which I listed a few posts back), but suddenly at E3 they went, "No comment," on the release year for the game? It should be obvious.

Makio

Here's my current list, don't think it's quite complicated enough for a table yet though

So this list includes ALL the Dancing Night DLC and extra stuff.
Funny put it in that dont seem too much like i thought.
Still great stuff and good thing no everything is paid DLC too.

A game mode where you can just watch and enjoy characters dancing without having to press any buttons or do anything. I'm sure other rhythm games have this mode so here's hoping p4d will have so too.

Haroon

After about two months of playing P4G, I am finally done with it. It was quite the journey, but I have managed to complete it. Thank you for the tip about getting Yoshitsune. It truly is one of the most powerful personas that I have used thus far. Now the wait for Persona 5 begins.

arue

That Snowflakes remix was really good. The only one I genuinely liked so far.

E3 should be the place where P5 release year would be confirmed, probably, for the last time. The next time they announce something should be the real release date.
I still believe that it will come in 2015, even if E3 doesn't reveal any P5 news.

aravuus

Oh god damn it, I didn't realize the DS2 3DS remake hasn't been released in Europe. What a goddamn surprise.

Ah well, pretty sure it at least has a release date already. Waiting for the SMT IV announcement was so, so annoying... Again, get with the times, Nintendo. Stop this idiotic region-lock bs.

In the mean time, I'll be playing the first game, though. Just ordered the 3DS remake, really hope it arrives by tomorrow so I can actually put in some time in to it during the weekend, but I'm doubtful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom