• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mob21

Banned
I just took the picture of it.

giphy.gif

Lunar15

I think you guys are way too hyped for a badge.

P5 not being on the badge definitely does not mean anything.

Plus it really doesn't matter if it's at E3 or not, because we're getting a deluge of new info at the end of the month anyway.

As someone going though, I would have liked to have gotten a P5 badge.

mp1990

Banned
Plus it really doesn't matter if it's at E3 or not, because we're getting a deluge of new info at the end of the month anyway.

As someone going though, I would have liked to have gotten a P5 badge.

Sorry for asking, but what is this badge you guys are talking about ? Been off the news these days :p

Nimby

Banned
Thanks for the info ! But does anyone have any doubt its going to appear ? Like, its their biggest game (?), it probably will, maybe even on Sony presentation.

I still have my doubts, I hope it's there, and I think it would be a mistake otherwise.

Also, are the avatars crapping out for everyone else or just me?

Let me play devil's advocate here.

What if the blu-ray disc present within P4D's Japanese copies don't reveal anything, or paltry little. Like, a 30 second logo crawl.

PK Gaming

Hey ya'll, a super duper awesomely terrific omega piece of fanart coming your way~

VYc9vUk.png

A combination of Persona and Love Live!, I can't think of a better crossover

Courtesy of the awesome 84x

Let me play devil's advocate here.

What if the blu-ray disc present within P4D's Japanese copies don't reveal anything, or paltry little. Like, a 30 second logo crawl.

I don't think that it will anything substantial but I'm sure that it's at least going to be better than that. Maybe some behind the scenes, a little bit of gameplay and new music.

84X

Banned
So Dengeki lists 26 tracks on P4D. Which is... a little less than I would have liked? A few more to bump it over the 30 mark would have been nice.

Dengeki doesn't seem to list the original version of Reach out to the Truth... so it should hopefully be 28 tracks when you add the ending song or whatever.

I just looked at the Heaven playthrough. Obviously, this is far from definitive, but I'd also be willing to bet you that it's not too far off either. I did a freeze frame at 30 seconds, and then multiplied the filled in part of the timer bar right the way across. Ended up about 2 minutes and 45 seconds, which is about two minutes shorter than Meguro's full version of Heaven.

I can't be completely sure but Dance! really seems to be in the game in its entirety. The edit of Heartbeat, Heartbreak reincarnation also seems to just cut out the last 20 or so seconds of instrumentation.

I'm guessing they're aiming for three to three and a half minutes per track.

Weiss

Banned
Minor note about the killer.
I think they go too far with his more grotesque facial expressions. I find the more effective moments after the reveal are the ones that use the same character portraits as the rest of the game. It better sells the idea that the guy you've been friends with this whole time really is the killer.

Weiss

Banned
Dammit, I'm a few days away from the deadline for the December dungeon and I'm a rank away on Rise and Naoto's Social Links, only Rank 7 on Temperance, and Rank 1 on Hanged Man. I'm only Rank 5 for Margaret, but I think I'll just do hers all at once when I go into the dungeon/

Dammit, I'm a few days away from the deadline for the December dungeon and I'm a rank away on Rise and Naoto's Social Links, only Rank 7 on Temperance, and Rank 1 on Hanged Man. I'm only Rank 5 for Margaret, but I think I'll just do hers all at once when I go into the dungeon/

Don't bother with Temperance. The needed approval before rank-up is too damn high.
And I say this as someone who can empathize with the situation in that link.

Weiss

Banned
Don't bother with Temperance. The needed approval before rank-up is too damn high.
And I say this as someone who can empathize with the situation in that link.

Even worse, I'm still at Rank 9 for both Rise and Naoto. The last week of the game they either aren't there or just whine about going into the dungeon.

I rarely if ever use Naoto, so I'm just going to get a game over and max out Rise's Link if I can, then take on the dungeon. I hope P5 isn't so strict with the time limit for Social Links.

Yeah looks like Sunday the 18th is the last day you can increase party member social links. They all just tell me to go to the dungeon.

Even worse, I'm still at Rank 9 for both Rise and Naoto. The last week of the game they either aren't there or just whine about going into the dungeon.

I rarely if ever use Naoto, so I'm just going to get a game over and max out Rise's Link if I can, then take on the dungeon. I hope P5 isn't so strict with the time limit for Social Links.

At least it's not P3. :/

Meia

At least it's not P3. :/

This is very true.

Again, it bears mentioning, that by following a max link guide for both games, P3 you have maybe 2-3 days of leeway if something goes wrong, P4 gives you almost a month. P4G gives you slightly less iirc due to the extra rank + new social links, even with the added time.

And we still don't even know if P5 will HAVE social links, let alone be more lenient with them. :p

This is very true.

Again, it bears mentioning, that by following a max link guide for both games, P3 you have maybe 2-3 days of leeway if something goes wrong, P4 gives you almost a month. P4G gives you slightly less iirc due to the extra rank + new social links, even with the added time.

And we still don't even know if P5 will HAVE social links, let alone be more lenient with them. :p

It will. Considering it's one of the defining characteristics of Persona, there's no reason why it wouldn't be there in some capacity. What remains to be seen is whether there will be upgrades (Mainly the ability to permanently reverse non-essential SLinks, or at least more opportunities to)

Makio

At this point i prefer demon negotiation over social links in Persona 5. If you want to social link or know characters make like in Catherine or the older persona ...

I dont want a mini-game inside the game like in p3 and p4 , i want the social have real impact and consequences in the gameplay.

Something like if i got a reverse Social Link with Anzu o Ryuji they leave my party or something like that.
------

So tomorrow they reveal the badge ... im pretty sure is going to be some p5 artwork in it , but already i bet my avatar if not going to be the case.

Where the other guy i bet with ... btw (i dont remember his nickname)

arue

Hey ya'll, a super duper awesomely terrific omega piece of fanart coming your way~

A combination of Persona and Love Live!, I can't think of a better crossover
Courtesy of the awesome 84x
Even the Nico virus managed to infect the Persona idol. We're doomed.

Nice drawing 84X.

DNAbro

At this point i prefer demon negotiation over social links in Persona 5. If you want to social link or know characters make like in Catherine or the older persona ...

I dont want a mini-game inside the game like in p3 and p4 , i want the social have real impact and consequences in the gameplay.

Something like if i got a reverse Social Link with Anzu o Ryuji they leave my party or something like that.
------

So tomorrow they reveal the badge ... im pretty sure is going to be some p5 artwork in it , but already i bet my avatar if not going to be the case.

Where the other guy i bet with ... btw (i dont remember his nickname)

we are getting a similar system at least. I don't think they should have to do the "rank up" standard social link but they should definitely be more dynamic. At least let them outside of their bubble in the story.

It will. Considering it's one of the defining characteristics of Persona, there's no reason why it wouldn't be there in some capacity. What remains to be seen is whether there will be upgrades (Mainly the ability to permanently reverse non-essential SLinks, or at least more opportunities to)

Plenty of things have been defining characteristics of Persona right up until they were left out.

They probably won't scrap SLinks entirely but I really hope they're heavily changed if they stay.

I'd be upset if they straight up removed social links. I'd like to see them improved (multiple paths instead of straight rank ups, more impact on the main plot, etc.) but even as they are I find them more interesting than Catherine's presentation of story/character development.

squadr0n

Random request for ideas. I have a birthday coming up at the end of July and I'm not sure what to ask for. I want to get something Persona/SMT related but I already own all the games. Is there anything special people would recommend, weather it be an art book or figure or something else entirely. All suggestions are welcome.

If you were in my position and could ask for anything, what would you want?

Random request for ideas. I have a birthday coming up at the end of July and I'm not sure what to ask for. I want to get something Persona/SMT related but I already own all the games. Is there anything special people would recommend, weather it be an art book or figure or something else entirely. All suggestions are welcome.

If you were in my position and could ask for anything, what would you want?

As someone who has the P3/P4/Arena artbooks and is going to get the SMT IV book when it comes out in English, I can't recommend these enough.

As a listener to S Link FM I have heard about PersonaGAF but could never find it through Google. I recently got accepted into Neogaf and thought I would check out the community tab I always ignored. Looks like I found it!

I am home.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Judging by your username you'll fit right in. There's also a Danganronpa community thread that you should check out.

kiyoaki

Yeah, but they say it's not confirmed. Sounds like speculation/wishful thinking by the writer.
Yeah, wishful thinking. All they say is there's a good chance Atlus might show P5. But it's still good to see at least one person at SCEE thinks the game is important.

Setsu00

Yeah, wishful thinking. All they say is there's a good chance Atlus might show P5. But it's still good to see at least one person at SCEE thinks the game is important.

Unfortunately, that person still happens to be part of the European Sony branch and we all know of the fate of Atlus games in Europe.

I'm still upset about P4A and SMT4.

arue

As a listener to S Link FM I have heard about PersonaGAF but could never find it through Google. I recently got accepted into Neogaf and thought I would check out the community tab I always ignored. Looks like I found it!

I am home.
Welcome (home)!

I don't believe in P5 at E3. I'm setting my expectations super low because Atlus will eventually deliver when the time comes (June 25).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom