• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mob21

Banned
I've never understood the whole pessimistic approach to hype. Not nearly as fun as getting super excited at every little taste of information

I've never understood the whole pessimistic approach to hype. Not nearly as fun as getting super excited at every little taste of information

It's like this:

Tonnes of hype pre-officialness can lead to disappointment if it doesnt meet expectations.

Pessimism pre-officialness either results in you being right, or being pleasantly surprised.

Setsu00

Well, if you're pessimistic about something you're usually not disappointed when things don't turn out as you envision them. On the other hand you'll be positively surprised if something good actually happens.

That being said, you're probably right that pessimism isn't as fun. Some scientists also argue that excessive pessimism is incredibly unhealthy for your mental health, but I'm rambling on again.

mob21

Banned
Well the thing is I've noticed a lot of it is forced pessimism. Like no matter how pessimistic someone is trying to act, somewhere not so deep down they are equally as excited/inevitably dissapointed as the optimistic ones.

Idk, just feel like I've seen so many posters over my years online that try and seek ways to dampen their expectations.

I don't think most people really care that much about every little taste of information.
Look at that badge, I know it's coming soon and I'm kinda curious to know what's on it but it's not like it's the most important thing in my life right now.
I have other things to worry about.

mob21

Banned
I don't think most people really care that much about every little taste of information.
Look at that badge, I know it's coming soon and i'm kinda curious what's on it but it's not the most important thing in my life right now
I have other things to worry about.

Well obviously in the grand scheme of things it's very clearly nothing, but it's something to get the community excited during a time that's been rather dry.

Zolo

Well, if you're pessimistic about something you're usually not disappointed when things don't turn out as you envision them. On the other hand you'll be positively surprised if something good actually happens.

That being said, you're probably right that pessimism isn't as fun. Some scientists also argue that excessive pessimism is incredibly unhealthy for your mental health, but I'm rambling on again.

There's also the fact that some people can get super excited at stuff, but not have soul-crushing disappointment that a lot of pessimists like to imagine always happens.

Dantis

The more time passes the more I realize that Persona 4 was a better experience for me than Persona 3.

I feel the same way.

P3 is an incredible game, particularly for when it was made and considering the tiny scale of it, but it's less polished and less well written, for sure.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It's like this:

Tonnes of hype pre-officialness can lead to disappointment if it doesnt meet expectations.

Pessimism pre-officialness either results in you being right, or being pleasantly surprised.

Bingo.

The last game I was super duper hyped for was GT5.

I mean, it was the first GT in a while on a then current next gen title. What I got left a very bad taste in my mouth. It wasn't a bad game per say, it's just that it had a slew of problems that held it back from being the game it could have been. (At least in my mind)

So temper you expectations; or you probably will set yourself up for some disappointment.

Xenoflare

Bingo.

The last game I was super duper hyped for was GT5.

I mean, it was the first GT in a while on a then current next gen title. What I got left a very bad taste in my mouth. It wasn't a bad game per say, it's just that it had a slew of problems that held it back from being the game it could have been. (At least in my mind)

So temper you expectations; or you probably will set yourself up for some disappointment.

That kinda applies to all AAA games really.

mob21

Banned
But when you temper you're expectations no matter what the outcome there will still be a period of time of being disappointed, even if said game does end up being unveiled.

When ur excited throughout, it's just bliss the whole way through.

Idk, just me then I suppose

293847-destructoide3badgereveal.jpg

mob21

Banned
According to the badge they are trying to kick off for the game, I highly highly doubt we get the same trailer

But then again I'm an optimist

Makio

Fuck .,.... it was obvious but i really happy to see Persona 5 and been so wrong about it.

Help us to "kick off" can mean something else or we are reading too much.

Still im in my mindset the big news come until the 24 / 25th.

Mawarup

Neo Member
Oh boy I am reading into that card too much. Must not think of it too much...
*holding in my scream as best as I can till the day comes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom