• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the contents of the Blu-ray was revealed

http://personacentral.com/persona-5-special-video-blu-ray-art-and-contents-revealed/

Since it's just PV #2, I feel like the chance of something new at E3 just plummeted.

This is what I have been expecting ever since that Blu-ray was announced.

All I'm expecting at E3 is maybe a shortened version of PV01 with English subtitles and release window for NA in there at the end. Or, even just a mention and a screenshot/the game's logo on the big screen with the release window.

and a video of the unboxing for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6sMZ81pr_A

IT HAS VERY BLURRY NEW FOOTAGE TEASER AT THE END.
Let's enhance.
hqdefault.jpg

Makio

So basically is a collection of all the trailers so far.

Im not suprised but damn im so excited for that PV #02.

I know gonna be like 2 minutes long but the question is going to include the release date.

PLS Atlus PLS !!!!!

DNAbro

My last minute prediction was right, but the idea still remains: P5 WILL GET SCREEN TIME AT SONY'S CONFERENCE.

Would they show PV1 again? I guess the trailer would reach a wider audience or they could just do the PSX and be like "blah it's a thing, coming this year"

Also as a thought, November seems incredibly stacked now that Fallout 4 is there. I wonder if P5, if it's still coming this year in America would be able to do okay during that time period.

Wait, why are we disappointed? PV #2 is exactly what we wanted to be on the blu ray disk.

People wanted it on the Sony conference, I guess? that wasn't coming in any capacity.

Would they show PV1 again? I guess the trailer would reach a wider audience or they could just do the PSX and be like "blah it's a thing, coming this year"

Also as a thought, November seems incredibly stacked now that Fallout 4 is there. I wonder if P5, if it's still coming this year in America would be able to do okay during that time period.

They will. Atlus will simply tell Atlus USA to roll with it.

Also, either they try to roll alongside FO4, or they release it in December.

Dang there went most of E3's chances. Even if we get nothing new about P5 tomorrow, I won't really be let down since Fallout 4 makes up for it so much.

Lunar15

Does it really matter where it's shown? It's coming soon either way.

Y'all gonna get a blowout in Dengeki/Persona magazine once the Blu Ray hits.

Makio

Wait, why are we disappointed? PV #2 is exactly what we wanted to be on the blu ray disk.

Yeah this .... this exactly i dont care if they include behind of scenes or interviews the pv 2 is here.

And looks here going to have gameplay shots and cutscenes ... and looks like shit is going down.

So im not ready my body is not ready.

Dantis

I think people were expecting something to justify the Blu Ray disc. Or one of those 18 minute trailers.

I don't think I understand why they're bothering with the Blu Ray. What advantage does it have over just a standard web launch? It seems weird to me.

DNAbro

I think people were expecting something to justify the Blu Ray disc. Or one of those 18 minute trailers.

I don't think I understand why they're bothering with the Blu Ray. What advantage does it have over just a standard web launch? It seems weird to me.

Pre-orders only. Make it sound fancy.

Also this is a good reason why it's not coming as a pre-order bonus in America.

wmlk

There is absolutely nothing stopping Atlus from having an extended version of a supposed E3 trailer in the Bluray disc. I don't think it's a coincidence that this was teased a day before Sony's conference.

Makio

Weird thing all those trailers are in youtube or some way in the net and that exclusive pv02 gonna be posted the same day June 25th or before (depending in the timezones) lololol

But who cares ... new trailer coming .... oh yeah dadadadad baby baby.

Phatmac

Atlus USA hasn't been saying shit about Persona 5 or Sony for e3 so I doubt it's showing anything big. It'll probably have subtitles for the main trailer during the conference.

All bets are off tomorrow, it could be anyone's game. I still #BELIEVE in Persona 5 though. ;__;

Although I'm willing to bet one of the three words that this month's Persona Magazine will focus on is "Confidential".

Lunar15

Well, we don't know how long that PV is.

That said, I think we knew that there wouldn't be anything on the disk that couldn't just be put online. I think they just wanted to have some kind of P5 tie in one way or another.

I will be happy with either the PV1 (if it's localized) or PV2 trailer at Sony's press conference tomorrow. JRPGs don't demo well at press conferences. Persona has earned the right to be mentioned on stage at a major Sony event. If IGN or GameSpot or whatever got a chance to cover the game more in-depth, that would just be icing on the cake.

To sell copies of Dancing All Night

Meia

To sell copies of Dancing All Night

If Atlus JPN's priority is really to sell copies of that instead of hyping the hell out of people with an actual new trailer for P5 at the biggest stage for video games, I cannot express how incredibly idiotic it is.

I expect backwards thinking from Nintendo. :p

Tamanon

Banned
If Atlus JPN's priority is really to sell copies of that instead of hyping the hell out of people with an actual new trailer for P5 at the biggest stage for video games, I cannot express how incredibly idiotic it is.

I expect backwards thinking from Nintendo. :p

Meh, they're going to release the footage probably the week after anyways. It's not like the timing of the trailer really changes things when people still have to wait for the actual game itself. Might as well give early P4D adopters something cool.

The thrill is in the anticipation after all.

Meia

Meh, they're going to release the footage probably the week after anyways. It's not like the timing of the trailer really changes things when people still have to wait for the actual game itself. Might as well give early P4D adopters something cool.

You're at the plate, and you're bunting instead of swinging away. Except in this scenario, there is no possibility of striking out. Why the hell wouldn't you swing away? :|

Zebetite

Banned

the press cycle for this game has done a real good job of taking all the thrill out of anticipation and replacing it with anxiety instead

for every moment i spend going "OH MAN I WISH I KNEW MORE ABOUT PERSONA 5" i spend another moment going "what if persona 5 is terrible? does it even exist? is it real? is it ever coming out? are we ever seeing what the fuck it even is?"

Makio

I remember read comments like this ,about Persona 4 Dancing All Night back in January when everyone thinks that game was in the games limbo or some shit. And look now we have a lot of trailers , videos , dlc and some other stuff

In a couple of weeks (months) we going to have so much info about this game i m already imagine someone bitching about how Atlus is spoiling the all the shit.

Wait for it , Atlus always delivers ... and maybe i am the only one excited we get a new trailer in less than a month with a possible release date.

Meia

I just don't get it. When's the next time Atlus is going to have a game big enough to actually be on stage at an official console presser that people *really* are hyped to see? When's the next time that this will happen that we all actually *know* they're sitting on new footage that would be perfect for such a scenario?

Are people really not upset that there's a possibility that they'll just basically go "lawl screw it we'll release it 2 weeks later for no raisin!" This is a big chance to grow a brand, and they simply don't give a shit?

FluxWaveZ

Way for it Atlus always delivers ... and maybe i am the only one excited we get a new trailer in less than a month with a possible release date.

There are two very distinct points of discussion here, relating to two hopes: learning more about P5, and wanting P5 to be represented on a large, public stage (i.e. E3). We all know that we'll be seeing new P5 information soon enough, relating to the first point of discussion.

What some are bringing up, however, relates to point #2, as a concern that the game will not get the representation it deserves on one of the largest Western video game stages in the world tomorrow. I am not anxious about getting more P5 information because that comes when it comes, and I'm particular in that I don't really want to see more of the game anyways. But I am anxious (in a slight sense of the term) that Persona 5 is going to get looked over, when the game clearly deserves more.

cj_iwakura

I just don't get it. When's the next time Atlus is going to have a game big enough to actually be on stage at an official console presser that people *really* are hyped to see? When's the next time that this will happen that we all actually *know* they're sitting on new footage that would be perfect for such a scenario?

Are people really not upset that there's a possibility that they'll just basically go "lawl screw it we'll release it 2 weeks later for no raisin!"

Exactly, the appeal of the blu-ray will be having the trailers on disc, not some exclusive first look.

That seems like a really nice collectible to me, anyway.

Atlus Japan. Domestic focus. E3 less important to them than western events,etc.

FluxWaveZ

Atlus Japan. Domestic focus. E3 less important to them than western events,etc.

Well, the thing is that Persona 5 is coming out in North America, and not just Japan. It will also have a hell of a lot of potential to sell more in Western markets than in Japan, and it most likely will. Combining that with the CEO's emphasis that it's not just about domestic focus anymore since Persona 4 and Catherine, and we've got the situation we're in now where we're left to wonder as Meia is.

Well, the thing is that Persona 5 is coming out in North America, and not just Japan. It will also have a hell of a lot of potential to sell more in Western markets than in Japan, and it most likely will. Combining that with the CEO's emphasis that it's not just about domestic focus anymore since Persona 4 and Catherine, and we've got the situation we're in now where we're left to wonder as Meia is.

Which is why we're still getting P5 this year.

But marketing forefront of P5 is obviously controlled and owned by the Japanese branch, and it's obvious that their approach to Japan first, everywhere else later.

Remember that the Persona concert debut is on NicoNico, a platform completely foreign to the western market. That marketing build up completely gave no shit about the English speaking community.

cj_iwakura

But marketing forefront of P5 is obviously controlled and owned by the Japanese branch, and it's obvious that their approach to Japan first, everywhere else later.

Remember that the Persona concert debut is on NicoNico, a platform completely foreign to the western market. That marketing build up completely gave no shit about the English speaking community.

E3 is a global event, the only thing that comes close is TGS, but they want a global impact.

Are people really not upset that there's a possibility that they'll just basically go "lawl screw it we'll release it 2 weeks later for no raisin!" This is a big chance to grow a brand, and they simply don't give a shit?

I dunno, seems to me it's better to wait until they definitely don't show it tomorrow to start getting upset instead of getting preemptively upset for something that may or may not happen. You raise some good points, but it's way too early for total despair. I mean, the official Japanese Persona PR account retweeted this, so who knows what will happen?

FluxWaveZ

Yes, we've been following Persona news for years here; we know it's typically a "Japan news first, Atlus USA news second" type of deal. It's always been that way. What I mean, and I might have been addressing a different point than you were originally, is that that mindset doesn't make a lot of sense when we're talking about Persona 5, for very obvious reasons.

wmlk

I mean, if the fear is that it won't get exposure in Japan (I think the effect is minimal if it only gets shown out West, anyway), why not have a cut version of PV2 uploaded to Atlus' social media channels at the same time a theoretical new trailer, which is also a cut version of PV2, gets shown at E3?

I just think that otherwise this is a missed opportunity. I predicted that Atlus would just replay PV1 at E3 months ago, but I really hope that they don't do just that.

To those who want some type of confirmation that PV#02 will or will not be at E3 2015, here it is:

Original p-ch Post said:
この特典ディスクで世界初公開となる「【最新】プロモーション映像#2」も収録されています!

English Translation said:
This special disc will contain the world premiere of the new trailer, PV#02.

So, I think that pretty much confirms PV#02 won't be at E3 2015, as it specifically states "world premiere." I'm sorry if this crushes anyone's hopes. That's definitely not my intention, as I'd love a new Persona 5 trailer sooner, but that pretty much confirms it's not happening outside of saying "No, PV#02 won't be at E3 2015."

Here is the post in question, which many have probably already seen.

Makio

Im hoping more Atlus USA tells when the games is going to be released in North America ... than some seconds of a new trailer is coming 10 days later anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom