• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimby

Banned
Hey everybody. I'm not exactly new, but I guess i'm new in here. Nice to meet you all!

1) What is your favorite persona character? Junpei da god
2) favorite persona game? Persona 3
3) favorite persona song? Memories of the Garden easily
4) favorite persona scene? This is a hard one but I'd probably say the true ending of P4G
5) favorite persona? Orobas
6) favorite s.link? Yukari
7) Do you still think that Persona 5 will come out in 2015 in North America? How many months after the Japanese release?I 100% believe it's gonna come out here still and I think it'll be in the same month or the next.

hoy. welcome.

Hey everybody. I'm not exactly new, but I guess i'm new in here. Nice to meet you all!

4) favorite persona scene? This is a hard one but I'd probably say the true ending of P4G
7) Do you still think that Persona 5 will come out in 2015 in North America? How many months after the Japanese release?I 100% believe it's gonna come out here still and I think it'll be in the same month or the next.

Finally someone who talks sense. You haven't played P3P right? If that were the case Junpei's s.link would've been on top ;)

Welcome!

KakesuSora

Nimby said:
hoy. welcome.
Thank you and nice avatar! :D
KenjiGlove said:
Finally someone who talks sense. You haven't played P3P right? If that were the case Junpei's s.link would've been on top ;)

Welcome!
Unfortunately, I have played P3P. I love Junpei but something about Yukari's got to me man. But thanks for the welcome. :)

PK Gaming

Someone explain to me right now how Yukiko is anything but a boring and slightly mean character who people only like because she's pretty.

You've got balls man. I mean, sweeping everyone who likes Yukiko under the rug like that, especially when your favorite gal is exactly what you've described (minus the sass, but with 10 times the pandering).

Boring is subjective. Yukiko isn't exactly miss personality, but I like her. I like how she starts out as the Yamato Nadeshiko archetype (or in other words the pretty, smart and unapproachable popular chick that you knew at school), and your perspective on her slowly changes as you progress throughout the game. You get to see another side to that kind of character; the silly, sassy, spacey and spirited aspect of personality that more or less becomes the norm for her once you get fully acquainted with her.

hSEdutA.jpg

I don't think it's quite right to say that the game reneges on subverting her initial character setup because never goes back to acting like she does at the beginning of P4. Once she fully integrates with the group, she stops being submissive, she almost always speaks her mind, and is more comfortable in being "herself" in front of people who aren't Chie, which is the conceit of the entire series. There's even subtle things like the fact that she and Yosuke exchange phone numbers post P4, which again, she would never do because she used to be overly reserved.

(and before anyone throws a fit, her response is to Junpei's misguided "girls can't be true friends" line)

So yeah, she's a fun character, and i'm totally on board with that. The laughing fits are admittedly pretty cringey, but her spirited approach towards everything is appreciated. It's not as overbearing as Teddie, but her genuine excitement over new things is legitimately refreshing, and wholly reminiscent of Elly from P1 (who is like the best character, ever). So what i'm trying to say is, yes there are reasons to like Yukiko outside of the fact that she's "pretty."

Theodoricos

I agree with your post, PK. Well said.

Yukiko is far from the submissive one in the cast when the entire point of her social link is that she grows from that initial phase. And she does do that not just in her social link, but over the course of the main game too.

1) Minato ;)
2) Persona 3 FES
3) Memories of You
4) P3 ending ;___;
5) Thanatos
6) Yukari
7) Hell yes.

As you can see.....I like Persona 3.....a lot.

1) What is your favorite persona character?
Eikichi Mishina

2) favorite persona game
Persona 3

3) favorite persona song
School Days

4) favorite persona scene
Hm, hard to choose so I'll cheat and choose a few I'm fond of: Persona 3's ending, Persona 2 Eternal Punishment's (endgame spoiler)
cast confronting their shadows at the end (Katsuya's instance was my favorite)
and again from P2:EP (near endgame spoiler)
in Mt. Iwato, when Tatsuya finally reveals everything he's been hiding, Maya reassures him with a series of hugs. Thought that was pretty heartwarming.

5) favorite persona
Scathach

6) favorite s.link
Akinari (P3 Sun), Saori (P3P Hermit), Ai (P4 Moon). I liked what I played of Naoki (P4 Hanged Man) and Hisano (P4 Death) but I didn't have enough time to max them.

7) Do you still think that Persona 5 will come out in 2015? How many months after the Japanese release?
I believe

Makio

Flux put something yesterday , Atlus in the badge puts Persona "is one of the most anticipated RPG in the world" that give me confidence , that give the hope they going to take this golden chance to "kick off" their game. I can see it giving good information to help one of these remaining playstation exclusive games of this year.

I hope Sony help Atlus with the marketing since they know that too...

Here with the release window and a english version of the PV 01 i am happy.

But they need to take chance to break out (more) from the niche status , make it notice. I hope they thinking that way and make a surprise today

Let's see what happens i am believer.

Meia

Agree with pretty much everything in this post. Will only add that I felt she kind of vanilla in her character originally, and think the things added post P4(including Golden) helped add a bit of charm to her. Her love of scary things was a neat addition, and her snark in PQ made her a god tier character.

Then again what do I know. Chie's my favorite character and her being bland is an almost universal complaint apparently. :p

Makio

BTW i read somewhere
some guys are beating with another Kanamin avatar bet

Is gonna to be funny see too many "photos" of that girl here lol.

BTW i read somewhere
some guys are beating with another Kanamin avatar bet

Is gonna to be funny see too many "photos" of that girl here lol.

The minute CL throws the first pitch at the Dodgers game on Wednesday night, that's my new avatar. I'm sick of this fucking Kanamin avatar.

Makio

Im actually fine with this one , i was expecting something worse ... seriously. But is kinda of funny.

I mean i dig Kanamin and everything.

Now you have to use that until 25th , i have to use this until the unknown release date of Dancing All Night in North America.

Is going to be a large ride until that happens.

Im actually fine with this one , i was expecting something worse ... seriously. But is kinda of funny.

I mean i dig Kanamin and everything.

Now you have to use that until 25th , i have to use this until the unknown release date of Dancing All Night in North America.

Is going to be a large ride until that happens.

At least Flux was merciful.

Weiss

Banned
This is the only place to show it off.

Ah.

Well, the optimist in me says that they wouldn't bother talking about "kicking off" P5 unless they were going to do something, so I guess I'll stay tuned. At the least it won't be as bad as the massive trolling that was Gamescom.

Do we know how long the presentation is lasting?

Makio

i still have faith , but this is a golden chance for them. Is a shame if they dont take it.

Final Fantasy making his move ... where are you Atlus ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom