• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Persona 5 just took The Last Guardian's place, it seems.

Sarcasm aside, i want to know what Atlus is thinking for marketing. Because they missed a big opportunity at E3, i really want to know what's going in their minds not showing Persona 5 off to the West after Persona has just started to pick up traction over here

Makio

Like Mystic says ...

I hurt because that December 2015 date release in NA seems a fantasy now.

Until they annouce something in their webpage.

Cmon Atlus USA i believe in that "Late 2015".

daevious

I don't know why anybody of you is upset about this. It was crystal clear from the start that there wasn't going to be anything new regarding P5 at the E3.

thisisneogaf.gif

To be honest, while I'm not surprised that Persona 5 didn't show up, I am a little dissapointed.

Lusankya

They definitely should have though.

Dunno, it probably wouldn't help much. People who have an affinity to these kind of games most likely already know about it, because it's the biggest thing in the JRPG scene right now. People who don't like these kind of games won't like it after they see a trailer.

FluxWaveZ

They'll have a year at least attached to whatever trailer they have at their booth tomorrow Maybe wait to see that before being pessimistic.

I dunno, man. It's come to the point I've abandoned all assumptions when it comes to Persona 5. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if no English oriented trailer was uploaded at all, or if the end of that trailer didn't have any year whatsoever.

I dunno, man. It's come to the point I've abandoned all assumptions when it comes to Persona 5. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if no English oriented trailer was uploaded at all, or if the end of that trailer didn't have any year whatsoever.

It's fairly obvious it's going to the PV #01 with some English subs thrown. I'm willing to bet money that there will be no date at the end.

Makio

It's fairly obvious it's going to the PV #01 with some English subs thrown. I'm willing to bet money that there will be no date at the end.

Or they leave things like they have right a link to the japanese one and end of the story,

But seriously right now that people needs is release window , but i guess they going to say anything until Japan have one.

Xenoflare

Dunno, it probably wouldn't help much. People who have an affinity to these kind of games most likely already know about it, because it's the biggest thing in the JRPG scene right now. People who don't like these kind of games won't like it after they see a trailer.

Yeah, as much as Persona grown it's influence in the west it's still contained within the niche.

It's kinda awkward for me to think the west would get something before Japan does.

koutoru

Atlus USA is in a weird position.
They have a huge game everybody wants to know more about at the biggest gaming convention of the year, yet they are unable to show any new content for it.

The best they can do is probably show a localized version of the PV1 trailer.
They can't even have a specific "E3" trailer for P5 since of what little content we've seen of the game is being released by Atlus Japan first.

Xenoflare

Atlus USA is in a weird position.
They have a huge game everybody wants to know more about at the biggest gaming convention of the year, yet they are unable to show any new content for it.

The best they can do is probably show a localized version of the PV1 trailer.
They can't even have a specific "E3" trailer for P5 since of what little content we've seen of the game is being released by Atlus Japan first.

I don't think they have much choice in this matter. Atlus is still very Japan-centric

I don't think they have much choice in this matter. Atlus is still very Japan-centric

Which could burn Atlus JPN's fingers if they continue. Look at every other Japanese company. They know E3 is the big one. Why isn't Atlus following their lead?

I wonder if Hardin is fuming inside considering he's being constantly yanked on the leash by the parent company and unable to make the series bigger then it currently is. I know I would be.

Xenoflare

Which could burn Atlus JPN's fingers if they continue. Look at every other Japanese company. They know E3 is the big one. Why isn't Atlus following their lead?

I wonder if Hardin is fuming inside considering he's being constantly yanked on the leash by the parent company and unable to make the series bigger then it currently is. I know I would be.

I don't think going all out in the west is going to expand their influence in a significant way. Sorry to be a negative Nancy.

I understand the disappointment but Atlus is just not that big. Seeing them in a Prime E3 conference would actually be weird for me.

I think it's going to be in TGS 2015 for sure.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think going all out in the west is going to expand their influence in a significant way. Sorry to be a negative Nancy.

For Persona 5? It's not being a negative Nancy, it's just being wrong. Marketing is the key to awareness, and the Persona brand has been growing substantially in the West. This is fact, and a conference presence might not have been as Earth shattering as the holy trinity that was shown, but it would have been a big deal.

I think it's going to be in TGS 2015 for sure.

I don't get why people keep bringing up TGS when we're talking about Persona 5 for the North American market. Of course they've got Japan figured out; the game was revealed with a huge event over there that had people populate the streets in various cities to watch Persona games on huge screens.

It's like people don't think Persona 5 needs—or deserves—any kind of marketing for the Western side because "it already has its audience."

For Persona 5? It's not being a negative Nancy, it's just being wrong. Marketing is the key to awareness, and the Persona brand has been growing substantially in the West. This is fact, and a conference presence might not have been as Earth shattering as the holy trinity that was shown, but it would have been a big deal.

Thank you.

What the people trying to be devil's advocate's in this thread are missing is that giving barely a second to a spin off game on a dying platform is not good marketing, at all.

Though this is dependent on whether SCEA was even interested in Persona when they knew they had FFVII to whip the crowds up, and whether Atlus JPN was even interested in E3 aside from hauling the skeleton crew to the convention hall, which we now know they aren't.

DNAbro

Also Sony still has one huge problem, they have no big exclusives this year. Like none at all. Persona 5 isn't the biggest game, but it's arguably the biggest exclusive they have that isn't some marketing deal or DLC related.

Also Sony still has one huge problem, they have no big exclusives this year. Like none at all. Persona 5 isn't the biggest game, but it's arguably the biggest exclusive they have that isn't some marketing deal or DLC related.

Absolutely. Which makes it even more baffling.

Both Sony and Atlus have a ton of money left on the table considering how dire the first party exclusives are on PS4. Yet, nothing.

It's like people don't think Persona 5 needs—or deserves—any kind of marketing for the Western side because "it already has its audience."

Which boggles my mind. Isn't the entire point of E3 to get audiences hyped on your product? something that isn't achieved in repeating a nearly 5 month old trailer and a split second in a montage?

Makio

This would have been perfect if you cut out Disney infinity and call of duty 624 + added persona 5.

Im had serious hope in the part they show Final Fantasy and Shenmue 3 , i was like "man they are showing japanese games in this section".

They dont even need a conference or presentation only show the frickin pv01 like they did with Street Fighter V.

Xenoflare

Thank you.

What the people trying to be devil's advocate's in this thread are missing is that giving barely a second to a spin off game on a dying platform is not good marketing, at all.

Though this is dependent on whether SCEA was even interested in Persona when they knew they had FFVII to whip the crowds up, and whether Atlus JPN was even interested in E3 aside from hauling the skeleton crew to the convention hall, which we now know they aren't.

I didn't say it's good marketing either. It's just kinda unrealistic to expect much exposure from a western event knowing how conservative Atlus is.

I think everyone here would love to see Persona 5 having a proper spotlight during E3, but I don't really have that high of an expectation for it.

And here we are.

FluxWaveZ

I made this after a certain event last year. I think it's apt again.

8hvQGFs.gif

Makio

onwards to tgs, friends

No the same thing

Japanese release of p5 : in tracks , new traier coming all the hype into the TGS. And coming in the 2015 for sure

USA release of p5 : in the limbo waiting for AtlusJp- senpai give them some permission to show something. Release date unknown.

EDIT : OUCH ... scrach that Japan Atlus are assholes damn , poor Atlus USA. damn sorry for not believe.

Xenoflare

No the same thing

Japanese release of p5 : in tracks , new traier coming all the hype into the TGS. And coming in the 2015 for sure

USA release of p5 : in the limbo waiting for AtlusJp- senpai give them some permission to show something. Release date unknown.

EDIT : OUCH ... scrach that Japan Atlus are assholes damn , poor Atlus USA. damn sorry for not believe.

Stop it I prepared myself leading up to this point for not getting salty and disappointed and you are foiling it

I think this is very telling.

Someone who used to work at Atlus USA said that.

Which makes me curious as to what kind of tension is between Atlus JPN and USA. Surely there's gotta be, considering the US branch has been treated like shit before. I can well imagine Atlus USA is livid right now.

FluxWaveZ

Maaann ya'll salty as fuck, chill, we'll get pleeenty of P5 news next week and beyond!

Again, this is a weird point of attempting to be a Devil's advocate. The issue isn't the news; we know we're going to get P5 news real soon. The issue is actually what Makio is pointing out.

Most of us don't live in Japan, right? Most of us are going to get NA (and, heh, eventually EU) copies of Persona 5? Getting our info from Japan is good and all, but at some point we need it done directed at us, too. The fact that so many are still worried it's a 2015 game in North America is a testament to this.

Xenoflare

These next months gonna be great here until October ... was it.

Damn i hope we have trailer for each character like Dancing all night or Persona Q,

And sorry Xenoflare.

It's fine, I was just joking, well at least partially.

I honestly wasn't aware about the tension between Atlus USA and the Atlus main branch.

And yes, I'm seeing Flux's point. It's more about the attitude (?) Having a trailer made just for e3 for the sake of formality is better than nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom