• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

Banned
Well, that sucked.

Don't know what the Atlus guys are thinking. Why would you ignore gaming's biggest venue in favour of a small scale blu ray maybe ten people will buy?

Maybe next time.:( Guess Flux was right. Maybe SCEA wasn't interested?

Probably, considering they had the FFVII remake in the cards.

Still, this is an absolute joke. I haven't been this disappointed and livid since Game 7 of the 2011 Cup Final. And by god, that was a joke towards the end.

Atlus is a group of fucking idiots for squandering this golden chance.

What an absolute joke the company is. What the fuck is the point of the Blu-Ray when you have this massive stage, and you only get a fucking split second of another spin-off game shown on a montage of a dead system?

Fuck you Atlus, straight up. Disappointed as all hell.

...Maybe I've been on certain sections of the internet too long, but if you're serious, then WOW. I have a feeling you should probably not follow releases for things anymore. You clearly can't handle disappointment properly.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member

What an absolute joke the company is. What the fuck is the point of the Blu-Ray when you have this massive stage, and you only get a fucking split second of another spin-off game shown on a montage of a dead system?

Whoa, calm down man. With new info so close it's their loss to be upset about, not yours. You'll still get your P5-fill soon.

Sophia

I know a lot of us are upset about Persona 5 not being at the conference, especially after it was on the badge.... but is the abrasive language really needed? :\

As the others said, calm down yo!

DNAbro

Why you guys blaming Sony? I'm putting the blame on Atlus Japan. They wanted to save new footage for that Blu-Ray.

Any other time over the next three days it could show up?

Tomorrow when the show floor opens, they will probably upload PV1 on their channel.

Vylash

agreed, personally i hope they go out of business over this disgusting slap in the face #BoycottAtlus #FuckAtlus

FluxWaveZ

Ignoring the crazies, I am completely serious when I say I would love to hear an explanation from someone in the know as to why Persona 5—using previously released footage from Atlus USA's YouTube channel—could not be featured in one of the two montage segments in the show. It's not as simple as those going "because it's too Japanese," want to make it seem. There's a story behind it, and I want to know what it is.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night was featured in a montage, while Persona 5 was not. There is a reason for this, and I would like to find it out.

arue

Why you guys blaming Sony? I'm putting the blame on Atlus Japan. They wanted to save new footage for that Blu-Ray.

Tomorrow when the show floor opens, they will probably upload PV1 on their channel.
This. They won't sacrifice that P4D preorders by showing anything new at E3. The next wave of P5 info will be out next week anyway. Atlus JP just doesn't care about E3 since it's not a Japanese event.

TGS, however, would be a different story.

Ignoring the crazies, I am completely serious when I say I would love to hear an explanation from someone in the know as to why Persona 5—using previously released footage from Atlus USA's YouTube channel—could not be featured in one of the two montage segments in the show. It's not as simple as those going "because it's too Japanese," want to make it seem. There's a story behind it, and I want to know what it is.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night was featured in a montage, while Persona 5 was not. There is a reason for this, and I would like to find it out.

Look to FFVII. That's all you need.

Sophia

I'm really curious as for the details too. Their marketing towards Persona 5 has been erratic and unusual, to say the least.

Game announcements usually happen for one of two reasons: Either you're releasing soon, and you're ready to blow the lid off the info.... or you're compelled to announce something, and nowhere near ready to release.

DNAbro

That was extremely weird to me as well. I was looking for it in any montage, but nope. No P5.

sakuori

I'm somewhat salty over no Persona 5.

Oh well, Sony conference was still good. I'll just wait for them news updates starting next week.

Like Arue said, this was never coming to E3. As even I said, you'd probably see PV#01 with English menus and a release window at best.

ATLUS already confirmed PV#02 would have a world premiere in the Blu-ray, even using the terms "world premiere."

Now, as to why P5 was not in that montage, that I don't know.

Thank you. This is a late late 2015 release in Japan by this point.

We're getting a second full trailer in less than nine days. It's right on schedule for the autumn season in Japan if it's getting a trailer in June. Plus, ATLUS usually never shows a new trailer at E3, only TGS or on their own.

Drop

Oh man, no P5 was disappointing but that was certainly something, now I'll have to hope for smtxfe footage at nintendo's event.

Yeah, I'd really like to know more about it too, P5 not showing up even in the montage strikes me as really odd, although Kanami appearing in it was hilarious.

Zareka

Mannnn, I knew getting a substantial amount of new footage was unlikely, but it didn't show at all. Like, not even a couple seconds of old footage in the montage? What the hell? Why the complete no show?

Makio

shenmue 3, a final fantasy vii remake and the last guardian are ALL more real than p5 is

At least in USA , the problem is Atlus USA i think , in Japan we getting new info a new trailer and everything seems Persona 5 is going to be released in 2015 in Japan.

But here for things like this , when they even dont have the first pv 01 in his webpage makes wonder what month of 2016 is coming to North America.

QuadOpto

agreed, personally i hope they go out of business over this disgusting slap in the face #BoycottAtlus #FuckAtlus

...Please tell me this is a joke...Cuz if it's serious...

Nevertheless, even I feel like I just got a kick in the gut. Definitely put my realism into check.

Most of the announcements they made were big ones, and mostly western ones or those with a large financial status or acclaim. When that opening reel came on and there wasn't a hint of P5, I braced myself for the hurt.

Still hurts though.:(

But hey, ATLUS still has their booth. They'll help kick it off in some way, even if it's through already aired trailers and the like.

I suppose I should feel some animosity towards ATLUS JAPAN for overlooking the chance to make a big reveal at a gigantic(if mostly Western-based) venue for a bonus disc that's contents will probably be ripped within the first few hours, but honestly they are still the company that makes one of my most favorite game series in the world, and even if they might have missed their chance for something great that doesn't mean I want them to kill themselves and go bankrupt.:p

EDIT:....And now people are literally saying that Persona 5 doesn't exist.

Jesus I mean come on, our expectations might have been crashed but that doesn't mean the world's ended.

Lusankya

I don't know why anybody of you is upset about this. It was crystal clear from the start that there wasn't going to be anything new regarding P5 at the E3.

It's only the E3, nobody in Japan cares about it, that's what they have the TGS for. Also they made clear the next big news will come with the Blu-Ray, so just wait for the new trailer.

At this point, the Cubs winning a World Series is a more definite possibility then P5.

Let that sink in.

I disagree. It's already clear ATLUS plans to focus on Persona 5 in Japan after P4D comes out, going as far as to show the next full trailer in the Blu-ray. In my analysis post last night, I explained what a PV#02 usually entails.

ATLUS games usually go by four month release windows after release date reveal in Japan. If the date is revealed in the Blu-ray, it'll most likely be an October release. Also, ATLUS doesn't have any other games coming out in Japan this year after P4D besides P5, and #FE is a Nintendo published and distributed game, with only development being done by ATLUS.

All that's left is P5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom