• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Honestly with the massive amount of bomb-dropping that Sony was doing, a new Persona 5 trailer would've probably gotten less attention. I mean, that's some tough stuff to compete with right now.

FluxWaveZ

Honestly with the massive amount of bomb-dropping that Sony was doing, a new Persona 5 trailer would've probably gotten less attention. I mean, that's some tough stuff to compete with right now.

That would beat it not being there at all, don't you think? Especially that, out of all of these bombs, Persona 5 is the only one that is still officially set for a 2015 release date instead of a far-flung future type of deal.

Now, I'm not sure of any big, Western media platforms for Persona 5 to be promoted at. It's never going to be on the cover of Game Informer. It's not going to have some hot exclusive with IGN or GameSpot (in terms of brand new content; they could still get good exclusives for new English content). It's not going to be at Gamescom or the Paris show. I have a real hard time seeing it playable at PAX, though events like that or anime expos could be venues for some announcements or trailer unveilings during smaller panels. If it's still set for 2015, it might be releasing before the PlayStation Experience 2015 event, and if it doesn't, it would practically be on the eve of the game's launch.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Surely there has got to be something new relating to P5 at the Atlus booth. I'm less bothered by it not being in the Sony conference than I would be by it not being there at all.

I doubt it, we'll probably get old footage with a release date on the end.

I doubt there will be a release date attached to P5 at E3, especially since there isn't even a Japanese release date set yet.

If anything, the most we'll probably get is a reconfirmation of 2015.

Oh how I would LOVE to be proven wrong on this one

Weiss

Banned
Kind of wishing they hadn't announced the game so early if they're so unwilling to talk about it.

We've been feeding off the crumbs of PV01 for months now while last night's E3 was practically a rapid succession of fan dreams coming alive. Atlus' neglect of their western market, and the secrecy their holding towards P5 so they can promote some dancing spin off, has probably done more damage to hurt P5's chances in the West than anything else.

I can't imagine the heads in Japan have no idea that Persona 5 is highly anticipated over here, so why would they skip out on the West's biggest media outlet all year round?

Theodoricos

It says something about how amazing Sony's conference was when even though there was nothing about Persona 5, which is what I was looking forward to the most, I was still satisfied.

I agree that with titles like the FF7 Remake, TLG and Shenmue 3, a Persona 5 trailer would've probably barely gotten a reaction.

VegiHam

So, in the spirit of refusing to give up hope, Sony have to show something at Paris Games Week, right? I mean there'll be Japanese news, probably a release date by then, and France likes JRPGs. They could totally be there like, 'oh yeah XSeed are bringing over this PS4 exclusive for our European fans in March 2017' or whatever....

aravuus

Kind of wishing they hadn't announced the game so early if they're so unwilling to talk about it.

We've been feeding off the crumbs of PV01 for months now while last night's E3 was practically a rapid succession of fan dreams coming alive. Atlus' neglect of their western market, and the secrecy their holding towards P5 so they can promote some dancing spin off, has probably done more damage to hurt P5's chances in the West than anything else.

I can't imagine the heads in Japan have no idea that Persona 5 is highly anticipated over here, so why would they skip out on the West's biggest media outlet all year round?

Yeah, I think Bethesda did their FO4 reveal like it's supposed to be done - only a couple of months before the (locked) release date with a bunch of footage. I kinda hate knowing about a game 12+ months in advance.

Weiss

Banned
So, in the spirit of refusing to give up hope, Sony have to show something at Paris Games Week, right? I mean there'll be Japanese news, probably a release date by then, and France likes JRPGs. They could totally be there like, 'oh yeah XSeed are bringing over this PS4 exclusive for our European fans in March 2017' or whatever....

It's possible. By that point, P4:DAN will have released stateside and P5 will probably be releasing in Japan around that time if there's any truth to the Q4 rumors. It'd be a good chance to promote it for western audiences.

I doubt there will be a release date attached to P5 at E3, especially since there isn't even a Japanese release date set yet.

If anything, the most we'll probably get is a reconfirmation of 2015.

Oh how I would LOVE to be proven wrong on this one
Yeah that's what I meant, they need to reconfirm that it's still coming this year as the common perception seems to be that it won't.

i just can't believe it'd have the convention passes locked up and then have no presence lol
But it will have a presence at Atlus's booth that opens today. Certainly nothing major though.

I'm honestly suprised no English e3 trailer was released for Dancing All Night either... At e3 last year we'd seen Ultimax and Q (I think) in English by now.

Oh well, when's the next big game show? :/

But it will have a presence at Atlus's booth that opens today. Certainly nothing major though.

I'm honestly suprised no English e3 trailer was released for Dancing All Night either... At e3 last year we'd seen Ultimax and Q (I think) in English by now.

Oh well, when's the next big game show? :/

We'll get an English trailer for Dancing later today when Atlus puts up their E3 trailers.

Jb

Yeah I don't we should give up on a 2015 release. Its possible they simply did not want to have another trailer since a new one is going to be in P4D.

Also it's possible P5 will have a big presence at Paris Games Week considering how popular japanese games/culture is in France.

I know, it's a stretch :(

Also it's possible P5 will have a big presence at Paris Games Week considering how popular japanese games/culture is in France.

I know, it's a stretch :(

I don't think its a stretch. Paris is quite a bit after DAN's release right? If its not there then I would say be very worried about a 2015 release date.

kiyoaki

They really do treat the West like an afterthought. Which is fine by me as far as game and character design is concerned - I wouldn't want Atlus to try pandering to an audience they have a limited understanding of. Better stick to what you know best. But they could put just a little more effort into their marketing, even if it would have been tough competing with Sony's other announcements.

Paris Games Week would be a really good venue to reach French fans, but I think they care even less about those.

When can we expect some photos of their E3 booth?

Ah, whatever. I'll go and throw some money at Yu Suzuki now.

Setsu00

I was already dead inside after being awake for 23 hours. The fact that P5 didn't show up didn't bother me that much because of that which I guess is nice.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think its a stretch. Paris is quite a bit after DAN's release right? If its not there then I would say be very worried about a 2015 release date.

It's a huge stretch. You're literally saying Persona 5 has a better chance at appearing at a Paris games show than E3. All I can say is: "No."

I agree that with titles like the FF7 Remake, TLG and Shenmue 3, a Persona 5 trailer would've probably barely gotten a reaction.

We're... talking about Persona 5, right? They followed up The Last Guardian with an indie game montage, featured Destiny DLC, featured some Disney thing and featured No Man's Sky (again). Not to mention out of all the titles you mention, a "2015" date slapped to its announcement would create a significant amount of buzz. Don't we remember the reaction the name "Persona" received at the PlayStation Experience 2014?

I feel like a crazy person sometimes when I try to argue that Persona isn't as small a deal as some people make it seem, despite all of the evidence that supports it.

kyuboBnr_on.png

Seems that Atlus Japan posted their first employee recruitment notice in a while. Seems to be an urgent notice for a QA tester.

Meia

Still pissed about the whole situation.

Persona is a good game series. Persona 4 is almost universally loved by anyone who touches it, even people who don't like the genre. Tired of answering "Persona" when people ask what my favorite game series is only to receive blank stares because the person asking has never heard of it before.

Atlus JPN, it's called brand recognition, look it up for fuck's sakes. Why does every Japanese company need a personal wake-up call before they realize overseas exists? Is it going to take Persona 5 selling more in the West than it does over there? I mean, it's a console game, and that's not much of a console country anymore...

Regardless if they didn't want to break open their "exclusive" trailer nonsense they're releasing with a dancing spin-off(that they apparently don't have full faith in if they think they NEED to have that be a pack-in), having a shot of the new Naruto game in one of the montages, having like a second of P4D in another(which is probably the lowest amount of time any of the games had that were a part of them), and absolutely nothing of P5?

I mean, how the hell can we even expect this to be 2015 still? No one will be blaming Atlus USA about this, because if it's not done by the year's end it's obvious the JPN branch didn't send it out early enough or some other such nonsense.

Europe though, doesn't go well with Atlus

Don't care. PS4 is region free, I'm importing it.

It's a huge stretch. You're literally saying Persona 5 has a better chance at appearing at a Paris games show than E3. All I can say is: "No."

We're... talking about Persona 5, right? They followed up The Last Guardian with an indie game montage, featured Destiny DLC, featured some Disney thing and featured No Man's Sky (again). Not to mention out of all the titles you mention, a "2015" date slapped to its announcement would create a significant amount of buzz. Don't we remember the reaction the name "Persona" received at the PlayStation Experience 2014?

I feel like a crazy person sometimes when I try to argue that Persona isn't as small a deal as some people make it seem, despite all of the evidence that supports it.

kyuboBnr_on.png

Seems that Atlus Japan posted their first employee recruitment notice in a while. Seems to be an urgent notice for a QA tester.

I was thinking Atlus did not want to prepare a new trailer because they want to sell P4DAN and the new trailer is in that. Since Paris is sometime after DAN than maybe P5 would turn up there. I don't think it was a P5 is not big enough to be at E3 or to big for Paris.

Once more, people are essentially saying "B-B-But the Blu-Ray!" or "B-B-But Atlus is small and Japanese!" like any of that fucking matters. Atlus pissed away the only chance to make the series worth a damn to American eyes, only because they want to play mindgames with the American branch.

If you are going to treat your American fans like shit, like you do for your Euro fans, why should I bother?

I'm serious considering whether I should even pre-order.

FluxWaveZ

I was thinking Atlus did not want to prepare a new trailer because they want to sell P4DAN and the new trailer is in that. Since Paris is sometime after DAN than maybe P5 would turn up there. I don't think it was a P5 is not big enough to be at E3 or to big for Paris.

That's really not it. You're going to have to explain how Persona 5 is somehow too small to be present at an E3 conference, while keeping in mind what was shown on stage at E3 2014 and E3 2015, and how it didn't appear during a game montage.

And a new trailer for Persona 5 is not going to obliterate Persona 4: Dancing All Night sales. That doesn't make any sense. If they were so preoccupied about a PS3 and PS4 JRPG stealing thunder from their Vita exclusive rhythm game spin-off, they wouldn't have revealed P5 right alongside P4D back in February.

But this conversation is crazy from the outset. Persona 5 appearing at a European centric video game conference? In a region where it hasn't even been announced, while E3's conference gets shafted when the game is currently set for 2015? When we consider this rumor that Atlus Japan might be looking down on Western marketing altogether? Yeah. Right. You should make a bet.

I have a feeling the urgent QA tester listing is being done for Persona 5 ahead of its Japanese release. Usually, when a release date is being prepared, part of the process leading up to the release date after its announcement are the usual things such as promotion and manufacturing, as well as QA testing/debugging, etc.

DNAbro

Once more, people are essentially saying "B-B-But the Blu-Ray!" or "B-B-But Atlus is small and Japanese!" like any of that fucking matters. Atlus pissed away the only chance to make the series worth a damn to American eyes, only because they want to play mindgames with the American branch.

If you are going to treat your American fans like shit, like you do for your Euro fans, why should I bother?

You know once that release date is actually announced everyone is going to go into full hype mode.

aravuus

I wish I could vote with my wallet somehow and still get the games lmao

Atlus Japan sounds like a terrible bunch of jackasses right now, but the games are just too good to pass

I have a feeling the urgent QA tester listing is being done for Persona 5 ahead of its Japanese release. Usually, when a release date is being prepared, part of the process leading up to the release date after its announcement are the usual things such as promotion and manufacturing, as well as QA testing/debugging, etc.

Could be for SMT x FE too.

I wish I could vote with my wallet somehow and still get the games lmao

Atlus Japan sounds like a terrible bunch of jackasses right now, but the games are just too good to pass

There are other, frankly better games worth my time when I do get a PS4. And if Atlus is going to be a group of dumbasses, then once more, they don't deserve my money, or anybody elses if they were smart enough.

FluxWaveZ

As someone who worked in QA, I don't think this is right. QA happens throughout a game's development until gold pretty much starting from the pre-alpha or alpha phase, not simply after a release date for a game is being cemented. They've had a QA team working on Persona 5 for a long time now, that's guaranteed.

If this is an urgent notice for a part-time position, it might just be because they need to replace someone who left the department for whatever game it's for. Another possibility that's more far-fetched is that they need extra labor to prepare and polish a game demo for an upcoming public demonstration of whatever game it's for.

There are other, frankly better games worth my time when I do get a PS4. And if Atlus is going to be a group of dumbasses, then once more, they don't deserve my money, or anybody elses if they were smart enough.

Buddy, it's gonna be ok. You are getting way too upset over a sole Japanese video game not showing up at an American trade show/conference.

Soulflarz

Banned

Why are you freaking out and calling a company dumbasses? You're coming off as really rude to basically...well
the company isn't reading your post (well, Japan, HI HARDIN) and really you're not helping this thread at all.
"They don't deserve my money for this terrible action against me and all gamers" is what I'm reading but I'm not seeing it. They did nothing to harm you or anyone else by not showing up. You're literally saying you wont buy a game because they didn't advertise at an event.
Don't buy the game then. I would be lying if I said it affected me. But seriously, don't "deserve" my money? In a persona thread? Why are you trying to bait replies.

Also- the game isn't out, please reserve judgement until they personally insult you or gamers in any notable way?
Y-yeah, I think that's what I wanted to say in full.

So anybody still think it's coming out in 2015?

Going to the E3 Experience I would have gone nuts for a new trailer.

They did show like 1.5 secs of P4 DAN though.

Why are you freaking out and calling a company dumbasses? You're coming off as really rude to basically...well
the company isn't reading your post (well, Japan, HI HARDIN) and really you're not helping this thread at all.
"They don't deserve my money for this terrible action against me and all gamers" is what I'm reading but I'm not seeing it. They did nothing to harm you or anyone else by not showing up. You're literally saying you wont buy a game because they didn't advertise at an event.
Don't buy the game then. I would be lying if I said it affected me. But seriously, don't "deserve" my money? In a persona thread? Why are you trying to bait replies.

Also- the game isn't out, please reserve judgement until they personally insult you or gamers in any notable way?
Y-yeah, I think that's what I wanted to say in full.

I'm not trying to bait replies. But if Atlus is going to act like they don't think America or Europe exist, then why should I bother? I've supported Atlus for a good while now, and if that's what they are going to do, then I'll give them the same treatment.

Once more, this is saying 'if'. Atlus can rattle off info next week and chances are I'll be pleased. But right now, I'm not very impressed with their conduct.

oGvk3S1.jpg

alongside this, the fact that Atlus is being so cagey to even release some info, alongside being a complete no-show, is reminding me too much of Eden and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

alongside this, the fact that Atlus is being so cagey to even release some info, alongside being a complete no-show, is reminding me too much of Eden and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Info is literally going to be released in 9 days. Did you really expect anything major to pop up at E3? I can understand why people are upset that P5 didn't get the big stage though.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm not trying to bait replies. But if Atlus is going to act like they don't think America or Europe exist, then why should I bother? I've supported Atlus for a good while now, and if that's what they are going to do, then I'll give them the same treatment.

Once more, this is saying 'if'. Atlus can rattle off info next week and chances are I'll be pleased. But right now, I'm not very impressed with their conduct.

....America exists.
Lol EU
But okay, thats you're choice. Atlus knows America exists, I'm not going to sit here and have that argument though. You're overreacting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom