• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I think is for this...
http://personacentral.com/persona-5-release-window-revealed/

But makes sense , i mean they going to start to market the game hard the next week so they need a couple of months to market the game right.

But make me wonder if the game in October in Japan , and 2015 in NA ... the window is real close between the two releases..

At this point, I can only see a few options if both the US and Japan get released this year. Either both are October, Japan is October and US is December or both are December. I've got a gut feeling they both are hitting October, but we'll see.

I wonder if P5 is further behind schedule then Atlus lets on. Maybe that's why they are being cagey?

Nah. I think it's more likely that they really want to get DAN out of the way and not completely kill its thunder. P5 will sell regardless. We'll see the marketing spin up once DAN hits in Japan.

Makio

for that traier
i was expecting at least a translation of the menus ... and hud.

The game is coming this year , is for sure the localization is in a good state i think , but maybe not enough for the shots used in the trailer.

They can make his own trailer you know , with the stuff they already localized like Fire Emblem make today.

BTW off topic but the Fire Emblem IF english dub cast sounds amazing , i expect that kind the cast and quality in the P5 cast.

At this point, I can only see a few options if both the US and Japan get released this year. Either both are October, Japan is October and US is December or both are December. I've got a gut feeling they both are hitting October, but we'll see.

Nah. I think it's more likely that they really want to get DAN out of the way and not completely kill its thunder. P5 will sell regardless. We'll see the marketing spin up once DAN hits in Japan.

Yes, because people are rushing to buy a dancing game spin off on a dead system.

I don't get this argument. P4D doesn't matter when P5 looms large over the launch.

MSMrRound

You know what, let's just blame the Love Live games (and Dingo) for getting P4Dance pushed back.

If Persona 4 Dance was already released, AtlusJP would have been more forthcoming with new assets and stuff being used by the Western branch.

/half-joking tone.

No localized assets being used for AtlusUSA's version of the Persona 5 PV1 eh? Kinda disappointing to be a bit honest, but oh well. Corporate red string can be troublesome at times.

Yes, because people are rushing to buy a dancing game spin off on a dead system.

I don't get this argument. P4D doesn't matter when P5 looms large over the launch.

Why wouldn't P4D matter if P5 is around the corner? P5 being around the corner is a great reason to advertise P4D, if they don't advertise it then it will just fall into the shadow of P5 because everyone's attention will be on that rather than P4D.

yami4ct

That's the problem. If the P5 marketing machine was in full force, that game would be even more irrelevant and overshadowed. Altus would be cannibalizing what few sales it'd have. P5 is going to do just as well (in Japan) whether or not it gets an extra month or two of marketing. I say there's a question as to whether or not this hurts Western sales, but Atlus JP holds the media strings and they clearly are Japan first.

Sophia

I understand the logic of releasing a trailer with P4D in theory, but I think it falls flat in the sense that the trailer will be online within a day anyhow. Dancing All Night is going to get completely overshadowed, no matter what they do. Especially in western markets because the vast majority of buyers are not importing the game (and thus not getting the trailer) anyhow.

Making short-sighted decisions in order to salvage a situation that's already doomed doesn't really strike me as a wise long-term plan.

I understand the logic of releasing a trailer with P4D in theory, but I think it falls flat in the sense that the trailer will be online within a day anyhow. Dancing All Night is going to get completely overshadowed, no matter what they do. Especially in western markets because the vast majority of buyers are not importing the game (and thus not getting the trailer) anyhow.

Exactly.

Lets be completely honest with ourselves, aside from a select group of people, who really cared for P4D? The minute they announced the P5 blu-ray, more people cared for that then another coat of paint over the rusting car that is Persona 4.

Making short-sighted decisions in order to salvage a situation that's already doomed doesn't really strike me as a wise long-term plan.

I agree that it isn't a wise decision at all, the series is unlikely to get another shot like this and sacrificing long term growth for the series for a slight awareness bump for a spin off is stupid. At the same time I think there's some logic behind the decision, it's just terrible logic

Sophia

Exactly.

Lets be completely honest with ourselves, aside from a select group of people, who really cared for P4D? The minute they announced the P5 blu-ray, more people cared for that then another coat of paint over the rusting car that is Persona 4.

.... I was actually trying to avoid making a judgmental call on the demand for Dancing All Night myself. More focusing merely on the impractical and illogical nature of the P5 trailer's release. =P

Exactly.

I gave a shit about P4D

until they forwent marie's inclusion

Theodoricos

I don't plan on buying Persona 4 Dancing. Even P4 can't get me to play a rhythm game, it's not really my genre.

I look forward to listening to the entire soundtrack once it's out, though.

yami4ct

I agree that it isn't a wise decision at all, the series is unlikely to get another shot like this and sacrificing long term growth for the series for a slight awareness bump for a spin off is stupid. At the same time I think there's some logic behind the decision, it's just terrible logic

The only thing I think might hurt growth is not showing something at the Sony conference. That's a huge stage. Even the old trailer would be sufficient. That isn't entirely in Atlus' hands and certainly not in Atlus US's hands. Whether they have a new trailer here at E3 or online in 10 days isn't really going to hurt growth in the US.

Nimby

Banned
This is all just the calm before the storm. Expect the hype train to fire up in 10 days.

10 days and we'll get more P5. How cool is that.

ImpressiveRewardingFoxterrier.gif

Positive thinking guys!

Exactly.

I actually cared for it, before I realized it's not going to be "Person Rhythm game" and "Persona 4 Rhythm game that doesn't even include all the songs in the base package".

Seriously, music and persona are my two favorite things, i was HYPED for this

Sophia

At this point, only three of the eight actors from the original version of Persona 4 remain now. That's actually kind of impressive in how depressing it is.

Dantis

Let's be honest, it probably doesn't matter when the dialogue is what it is.

The story mode is going to be terrible. The main bulk of your game time will be in Free Dance.

yami4ct

The story mode is going to be terrible. The main bulk of your game time will be in Free Dance.

Yep. I expect the story to be even more thrown together and smaller than even the P4:A games. Also fully expect characterizations to make no sense and all characters reduced to their basest traits.

I'm excited for P5 just so we can have a fully developed, well told story once again.

I wonder if losing Laura Bailey was due to scheduling problems or if she's big enough now to be out of Atlus' budget. I hope it's the former, because as sort of overused as she is, she's ton a bunch of great work for Atlus in the past.

PK Gaming

Rise :'(

Ashley Burch isn't a bad replacement VA but... It just isn't the same.

You know what, let's just blame the Love Live games (and Dingo) for getting P4Dance pushed back.

If Persona 4 Dance was already released, AtlusJP would have been more forthcoming with new assets and stuff being used by the Western branch.

/half-joking tone.

No localized assets being used for AtlusUSA's version of the Persona 5 PV1 eh? Kinda disappointing to be a bit honest, but oh well. Corporate red string can be troublesome at times.

umi-angryface.gif

Are there Love Live! games like DAN? I thought there only was Project Diva with Miku.

Isn't there going to be any dialogue during the dancing? I never payed attention to the JP version but it would be pretty jarring to hear fake Rise every fever time.

Theodoricos

I'm excited for P5 just so we can have a fully developed, well told story once again.

I hope it will be self-contained too and that they resist the urge to leave it a cliffhanger leading to a direct sequel. Given Atlus' history with the Persona games, they tend to flanderize their characters with each successive spin-off or sequel.

Except Persona 3's remakes, anyway. Especially P3P, which actually had amazing new content.

Sophia

I hope it will be self-contained too and that they resist the urge to leave it a cliffhanger leading to a direct sequel. Given Atlus' history with the Persona games, they tend to flanderize their characters with each successive spin-off or sequel.

Except Persona 3's remakes, anyway. Especially P3P, which actually had amazing new content.

Actually I'd say they don't really have much of a history for it. New material has generally been pretty good at avoiding flanderization, with exception of Persona 4 and Akihiko in Persona Q.

yami4ct

I am fairly certain it'll be self contained. That is, unless they pull a P2 and do a sequel right after the original. The way that P3/P4 were so close makes me think it could happen, but I don't think it's likely. I think a P6 in like 2 years using the P5 engine is far more likely.

And, yeah, P3P is great. It gave us the way better and true canonical protagonist. Don't believe the lies the movies tell you.

Xenoflare

Actually I'd say they don't really have much of a history for it. New material has generally been pretty good at avoiding flanderization, with exception of Persona 4 and Akihiko in Persona Q.

Akihiko is actually quite difficult to fit in the spin offs if not for the flanderization. Not saying that it's a good thing. The spin offs ruined whatever he had in the original.

Makio

Dont blame her she is a amazing actress and got a lot roles.
Got a Troy Baker kind of deal.

But still the new voice dont sounds that bad , actually is very good but IS NOT THE SAME.

Dont blame her she is a amazing actress and got a lot roles.
Got a Troy Baker kind of deal.

But still the new voice dont sounds that bad , actually is very good but IS NOT THE SAME.
tahts the problem, new Margaret was fine but not the same at all. (new igor was just awful though)

Theodoricos

And, yeah, P3P is great. It gave us the way better and true canonical protagonist. Don't believe the lies the movies tell you.

I agree with you there. Ever since I played P3P, I've been a bigger fan of Minako than her male counterpart. Her upbeat personality is a complete contrast to the game's themes which makes her work as a protagonist extremely well, and I can see how she'd be the natural leader of the group. At least in my opinion.

That said, the movies have warmed me up to Minato as well.

Dantis

Isn't there going to be any dialogue during the dancing? I never payed attention to the JP version but it would be pretty jarring to hear fake Rise every fever time.

I think there probably is, but I'm muting that shit.

"Here's a music game! Here's repetitive voice clips playing over it!"

FUN.

I kind of need to hear more before judging. If the new VA is able to bring the same amount of energy to the role then I'm fine, but if that energy is missing then that would take a lot from that character.

yami4ct

I agree with you there. Ever since I played P3P, I've been a bigger fan of Minako than her male counterpart. Her upbeat personality is a complete contrast to the game's themes which makes her work as a protagonist extremely well, and I can see how she'd be the natural leader of the group. At least in my opinion.

That said, the movies have warmed me up to Minato as well.

I totally agree. I also think she fits better in the world. When goofy shit happens to Minato, he kind of is an unnatural fit in the situation. I also kind of can't believe him to be the social butterfly the social link stuff ends up painting him to be. He fits well with the main story, but the rest of the game is really unnatural.

Makio

I kind of need to hear more before judging. If the new VA is able to bring the same amount of energy to the role then I'm fine, but if that energy is missing then that would take a lot from that character.

Same here , i repeat the trailer a couple of times and she sounds upbeat at least and have a good range, but still feels weird.

And damn Valerie Arem and Matthew Mercer sounds amazing as Kanji and Naoto. No missing Troy Baker really but somehow i miss the original Naoto.

Still guessing who is the Kanamin VA , sounds so familiar i think is Marie Cabanos (Nepgear in HD Neptunia) but i dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom