• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenoflare

Same here , i repeat the trailer a couple of times and she sounds upbeat at least and have a good range, but still feels weird.

And damn Valerie Arem and Matthew Mercer sounds amazing as Kanji and Naoto. No missing Troy Baker really but somehow i miss the original Naoto.

Still guessing who is the Kanamin VA , sounds so familiar i think is Marie Cabanos (Nepgear in HD Neptunia) but i dont know.

Who ever is talking at first in the trailer is definitely Cristina Vee to me.

I connected Laura Bailey with Rise. This is going to be hard for me. Her new voice did try to match up Bailey's performance but it's still too jarring for me.

For the record I cannot tell Troy Baker and Matthew Mercer in the past. I thought Baker voiced Chrom in FE:A

PK Gaming

Haha, this is totally you right now:

DC541hO.gif

*LOUD SIP*

Xenoflare

Wait ... that Rise sounds like Ashly Burch (Rei Persona Q) doesnt it ...

Yes and I did not like that.

Out of all the VAs they had to go with someone who voiced another major character.

I kinda wanted Kira Buckland if there is going to be a replacement really but that is just me

Makio

Who ever is talking at first in the trailer is definitely Cristina Vee to me.
:A

Man Cristina Vee is one of my favorites , but she have a similar voice to Marie Cristine Cabanos , so cant tell which is in here.

And man i dont see the fuss , i mean Cindy Robinson repeats as Ken Amada after voice a major character like Labrys.

They make the same thing here with Ashly. And no surprise if the Sho VA apears here or in p5.

Kira Buckland is amazing too i want her in p5 , with Vee too.

Theodoricos

To me it's not just Laura Bailey, it's almost every single voice actor from the Persona 4 cast that contributes to the characters being so incredibly likeable for me.

I'm absolutely positive that I wouldn't have enjoyed the game nearly as much with Japanese voice acting and English subtitles. The voice acting helps elevate the cast a ton for me.

It's like a part of them is missing now. The ones that have been replaced, I mean.

But Igor is the worst example, I think, because the new VA sounded nothing like the old one, so it wasn't even a good imitation.

Xenoflare

Man Cristina Vee is one of my favorites , but she have a similar voice to Marie Cristine Cabanos , so cant tell which is in here.

And man i dont see the fuss , i mean Cindy Robinson repeats as Ken Amada after voice a major character like Labrys.

They make the same thing here with Ashly. And no surprise if the Sho VA apears here or in p5.

Kira Buckland is amazing too i want her in p5 , with Vee too.

I had no problem with Cindy's Ken because the old Ken is awful. "YESYESYES"

IIRC Todd Haberkorn (Sho's VA) voiced two characters in DeSu Record Breaker. Plus Tara Platt is both Elizabeth and Mitsuru.

I just wanted a bit more variety I guess :(

Makio

i bring the new Fire Emblem cast again , they sound amazing but somehow i cant tell which actors are in the roles.... is a great fresh sounds to no hear the same english VA over and over,.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLFB-LtKYuQ

and Theodoricos is right each Persona character (because persona 3 too) have a great link and fit with his english VA . i cant imagine a Junpei without Vic voice work or a Yosuke without Lowenthal voice.

But sometimes some changes are for good , like the Chie one , the Ken one even Kanji since i dont miss Troy Baker at all.

Or others awful like the Margaret one.

Still this shit got me hyped , love to hear the english dub and known the game is near i hope they make the characters trailers ones.

Xenoflare

i bring the new Fire Emblem cast again , they sound amazing but somehow i cant tell which actors are in the roles.... is a great fresh sounds to no hear the same english VA over and over,.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLFB-LtKYuQ

and Theodoricos is right each Persona character (because persona 3 too) have a great link and fit with his english VA . i cant imagine a Junpei without Vic voice work or a Yosuke without Lowenthal voice.

But sometimes some changes are for good , like the Chie one , the Ken one even Kanji since i dont miss Troy Baker at all.

Or others awful like the Margaret one.

Still this shit got me hyped , love to hear the english dub and known the game is near i hope they make the characters trailers ones.

Funny you bring on Marge. That "Ah" from the Hoshido Queen sounds exactly like new Marge.

I feel like Aqua is Cindy Robinson..... That singing has a crisp voice that differs a lot from the soft Japanese one

Makio

. I feel like Aqua is Cindy Robinson..... That singing has a crisp voice that differs a lot from the soft Japanese one

Maybe i dont hear it right but i feel that singing like the japanese a lot is great in my opinion.

I want to know who she is ... the voice of Aqua , sure sounds like Robinson in the dialogue lines but i cant put my finger in on it.

But is great , the only times i like a english actreess was Wendee Lee in Digital Devil Saga and Bailey singing True Story in Golden.

And yeah i dont buy the Kira Buckland ... dont sounds like her ... is Ashly im complete sure.

EDIT : GREAT scarfty devil ... Buckland is great , but i dont want as Rise.
As Anzu in other hand.

Xenoflare

Maybe i dont hear it right but i feel that singing like the japanese a lot is great in my opinion.

I want to know who she is ... the voice of Aqua , sure sounds like Robinson in the dialogue lines but i cant put my finger in on it.

But is great , the only times i like a english actreess was Wendee Lee in Digital Devil Saga and Bailey singing True Story in Golden.

And yeah i dont buy the Kira Buckland ... dont sounds like her ... is Ashly im complete sure.

Wow I think I heard Laura Bailey in the FE trailer. I think that's Elise.

Maybe I'm just still mad over DAN

Theodoricos

I wonder just what P4 DAN's story will involve if it turns out to be as long as a visual novel, or at least as long as Arena and Ultimax.

I just hope that people won't be facing their shadows for the umpteenth time.

Makio

Buckland is so fucking underated. She is great in
Huniepop
I love to see her in Persona 5 , actually i think she is a good fit for Anzu design (since we dont know anything about the character yet).

Man who is the voice of Kanamin she sounds so familiar but i cant tell who is , i can say is not Cristina Vee which actually was my bet for the role since the japanese VA show up.

Makio

Already ask to Valerie Arem (twitter) for some info about Rise and Kanamin lol.

Since she is the director of the games (im not sure for this one) maybe she can tell us something

Makio

Um usually they don't have the rights to do that.

But that was before the trailers come out no , they keep that in secret no , i mean now the trailer is out the english cast is known by the public

But maybe you are right, is a mystery though ...

Still lets see what happens

PD : Who the fuck is Kanamin , i swear i know that voice.

Weiss

Banned
Given that Atlus finally has a US site for Persona 5, they "officially" revealed it to English audiences, and P4DAN's biggest selling point is that it comes with a five minute video, I'm guessing once July hits we'll be bombarded with P5 news for the next few months until it finally hits shelves later this year. They've just been keeping mum on it so they don't lose focus on those potential dozen P4DAN buyers.

On the plus side, Atlus Japan not caring about us means they won't feel compelled to hide P5 while we wait for DAN.

Xenoflare

But that was before the trailers come out no , they keep that in secret no , i mean now the trailer is out the english cast is known by the public

But maybe you are right, is a mystery though ...

Still lets see what happens

PD : Who the fuck is Kanamin , i swear i know that voice.

It's not about that, voice directors don't have the rights to release the names of the VAs unless they are given permission.

Remember how Naoto's original VA is never confirmed publicly?

Makio

It's not about that, voice directors don't have the rights to release the names of the VAs unless they are given permission.

Remember how Naoto's original VA is never confirmed publicly?

that make sense...

BTW , im the only one the new USA site of Persona 5 not load.

I dont have internet problems , but i cant enter to the site.... :C

Makio

The site can only be accessed on a rainy night, exactly at midnight.

That shit sounds like Dancing All night plot lol.

Wonder if Persona 5 is going to have some surreal with the midnight hour , since persona 3 have the dark hour after midnight and persona 4 have the midnight channel (and website lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom