• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more dependant on her not having so many projects that year.
I mean, the year Troy Baker got replaced, he had a lot on his plate too, right?
I think Troy was asked this question at a panel last year, and he said something along the lines of "I moved on from that role". Don't know where the video is, but it was posted in a previous OT.

DNAbro

The SMT X FE game was on Nintendo's E3 stream and now I know way more about that game than I do Persona 5.I wasn't expecting that.

They talked about how each of the side characters would have side quests/stories that help them achieve their goals/dreams in the game. Also completely showed off exploration, dungeon crawling, and battle system.

VegiHam

The SMT X FE game was on Nintendo's E3 stream and now I know way more about that game than I do Persona 5.I wasn't expecting that.

They talked about how each of the side characters would have side quests/stories that help them achieve their goals/dreams in the game. Also completely showed off exploration, dungeon crawling, and battle system.

And it all looked pretty fun! I'm probably going to buy it.

FluxWaveZ

Anita Sarkeesian isn't happy that Persona 5 isn't on both sides of the E3 badge.
PmzEFDH.jpg

I suppose it could be indicative that #FE needs that type of marketing compared to Persona 5, combined with the fact that Nintendo's Tree House is a great venue for it.

I mean I can understand pointless fanservice that's degrading. But I don't think Rise's idol outfit is that on it's own. Just sounds like making a mountain out of a molehill.

That's the name of the game. Like saying Doom 4 was too violent and Dishonoured 2 should only have the FeMC.

As much as I believe Anita is doing a fairly good service to the industry, this is pretty obvious brow beating when there shouldn't be any.

Should be fun to see the drive by account suicides by GG'ers if this gets a thread on the Gaming side.

Vik

Banned
If it was up to her, every women except her, fictional or real, would be dressing in heavy armor that hide every inch of their skin from head to toes.

Zolo

It's just someone tweeting their opinion on Twitter. She doesn't like the image as should be expected from her previous talks and posts. Nothing wrong with thinking so, and people who disagree can just ignore it or shrug it off like all other similar opinions/GAF posts.

It's just someone tweeting their opinion on Twitter. She doesn't like the image as should be expected from her previous talks and posts. Nothing wrong with thinking so, and people who disagree can just ignore it or shrug it off like all other similar opinions/GAF posts.

But this is Anita were talking about, the SJW enemy of gaming! Her opinions must not stand!

/s

It's also someone who prides over being the "face" of feminism in video games. Meaning she has a very, very large following. This isn't some no-name person

Xenoflare

That she's overrated as a media figure and shouldn't be discussed further.

Let's end it here

For those who didn't get to see the SMT X Fire Emblem gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGwLy6eAZpE

also lol the game has something called "Performa"

Also there are phone/texting conversations in the game. Makes me think Persona 5 will have that as well.

Catherine had a texting mechanic too. Kinda fun to change your responses erasing your previous comments.

I really can't stand the idol-centric setting. It's just so.....ugh

Sophia

Overrated because you don't like her, right?

She's not a terribly great media critic at times, which is actually her biggest problem. It's why I find myself agreeing with her on general themes, but disagreeing with her when she actually gets to specific criticism. Like that "criticism" of Rise's design in Dancing All Night, it feels like attacking something to simply have something to say, not actual valid criticism backed up by logical points. Which is also coincidentally probably why it was said on Twitter, a place great for short-hand attacks on someone or something, but not in-depth discussion.

To say the least, as far as Persona goes, there is far worse stuff in Persona 4 Golden's new content.

Yeah... let's not

Agreed, best we just move on. As much as I'd like to say more on the subject, anything further would just derail the thread. Or worse: start an argument.

Moving back to things worth people's time, #FE at least has some good music for the dungeon.

I still really do like the character designs for that game, Especially Tsubasa and Ellie. I'm also rather fond of the whole "JPOP RPG" thing too.

DNAbro

Let's end it here

Catherine had a texting mechanic too. Kinda fun to change your responses erasing your previous comments.

I really can't stand the idol-centric setting. It's just so.....ugh

Yeah that is two console games in a row with a texting mechanic so i would be a bit surprised if P5 doesn't have it. Wonder exactly how it would work though.

Xenoflare

She's not a terribly great media critic at times, which is actually her biggest problem. It's why I find myself agreeing with her on general themes, but disagreeing with her when she actually gets to specific criticism. Like that "criticism" of Rise's design in Dancing All Night, it feels like attacking something to simply have something to say, not actual valid criticism backed up by logical points. Which is also coincidentally probably why it was said on Twitter, a place great for short-hand attacks on someone or something, but not in-depth discussion.

To say the least, as far as Persona goes, there is far worse stuff in Persona 4 Golden's new content.

Agreed, best we just move on. As much as I'd like to say more on the subject, anything further would just derail the thread. Or worse: start an argument.

Yeah. Let's keep things on topic.

Sophia

I kind of wish Dancing All Night was a PS3 title so I could use my arcade stick with it. x.x

Guess there's the Vita TV too....

Damn, no Laura Bailey really sucks, too busy with gears of war I guess.

On a different note, the "music" in the Illusory Revelations trailer is some of the worse I've ever had the misfortune of hearing. Goddamn.

Andrefpvs

Remember, when PV2 is released, don't post any images of it here, and use
tags for any new info. Better yet, keep the discussion of the trailer to the inevitable Gaming side thread.

Please be respectful of everyone here on a media blackout.

I wonder if people are going to make some fake P5 trailers and "leak" them just before DAN releases.

Remember, when PV2 is released, don't post any images of it here, and use
tags for any new info. Better yet, keep the discussion of the trailer to the inevitable Gaming side thread.

Please be respectful of everyone here on a media blackout.
I wouldn't say that visiting PersonaGAF when you're on a P5 media blackout is a smart decision in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom