• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimby

Banned
I wouldn't say that visiting PersonaGAF when you're on a P5 media blackout is a smart decision in the first place.

If I see a release date on the trailer thread, I may consider blackout. This isn't just a discussion about P5 though, so I think it should be considered.

Remember, when PV2 is released, don't post any images of it here, and use
tags for any new info. Better yet, keep the discussion of the trailer to the inevitable Gaming side thread.

Please be respectful of everyone here on a media blackout.
dont talk about persona in a persona thread, got it

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
^ hehe yeah so I heard.
Anyway, I went to the english p5 site and found this:
tumblr_nq44hyjEOh1tjftwdo1_540.png

Now I have no clue if that's what it said in the japanese site, but this seems like a clue to the nature of the plot of p5? Thoughts?

Heavenly_Spear

Neo Member
^ Yeah, that caught my eye as well.

I swear I read somewhere about P5's main cast having some sort of issues in their pasts...

Yeah I remember that too! I think it was in an interview from the creators shortly after the pv1? Not 100% percent sure. I do know that they did say that the protagonist has some sort of issue that, if he doesn't take care of it soon, it will be a huge burden.

Tirod

I know we are all anticipating P5 trailer but I got to play P4D at Atlus' booth the past two days.

It was a lot of fun seeing the different characters dance, the art really popped off the screen both on the TV and the Vita. I found it really hard though! I have no idea how Hatsune Miku plays (or if this is any longer any similar), but I was finding it hard to "flick" the sticks to the blue rings that show up throughout the song. Had to dial it down to easy for demo play, normal kicked my ass. /:

Was awesome to hear full versions of the remixes though!

DNAbro

I know we are all anticipating P5 trailer but I got to play P4D at Atlus' booth the past two days.

It was a lot of fun seeing the different characters dance, the art really popped off the screen both on the TV and the Vita. I found it really hard though! I have no idea how Hatsune Miku plays (or if this is any longer any similar), but I was finding it hard to "flick" the sticks to the blue rings that show up throughout the song. Had to dial it down to easy for demo play, normal kicked my ass. /:

Was awesome to hear full versions of the remixes though!

i was wondering if it was at the booth. I haven't seen any gameplay videos from any sites.

Tirod

i was wondering if it was at the booth. I haven't seen any gameplay videos from any sites.

No one was really lining up to play the demos Atlus had on display. /: It was great for me since I got to play multiple times though.

Most foot traffic around the booth was for the swag.

Andrefpvs

I wouldn't say that visiting PersonaGAF when you're on a P5 media blackout is a smart decision in the first place.

Oh, so you haven't actually read the rules for the thread you're currently in:

ikt6.png

PLEASE READ - IN REGARDS TO SPOILERS

There are four new Persona games incoming over the next six or so months, and so we have special rules relating to spoilers for these four games (Persona Q, Persona Ultimax, Persona Dancing All Night and ESPECIALLY PERSONA 5).

1. PLOT POINTS ARE NOT TO BE DISCUSSED OPENLY AND MUST BE SPOILER TAGGED AND MARKED AS PLOT POINTS, and generally should only be discussed at all if it actually pertains to the conversation. There will be appropriate threads to discuss the finer details elsewhere.

2. DO NOT EMBED ANY EVENT SCENES FROM ANY OF THE GAMES. People want to experience these things in context themselves. Please don't embed them, and if you want to post one, just post a link instead.

4. . No embedding Persona 5 images beyond things like the main character designs. No dungeon shots, no event shots, nothing like that.

This is a thread for people who are passionate about Persona, and different people consider different things to be spoilers. Some people will want to go into the games entirely fresh, and we shouldn't hinder that. Being NeoGAF, all new media will have its own dedicated thread anyway, so if you desperately want to talk about something without tagging it, those threads would be the place.

Got it.

Mr_Joe

Quick question for everyone, what level would you recommend being at before tackling the final boss in P4? I wanna know how much more I should grind.

Makio

I beat the final with a party around 76-80 lvl but that was in Golden and Rise is so broken
Revives you and shit

But i not have real problems.
------

Man i just see that SMT X Fire Emblem gameplay video and i love the battle mechanics , they look so dinamic and makes think about Persona 5.

Makes wonder how cool and dynamic is going to be the battles in Persona 5 , i mean in the first trailer we see our MC exploring dungeons using stealth moves , jumping and other great things. I can only imagine the battles are going to be a blast.

I hope we can see more in the new trailer.

^ hehe yeah so I heard.

Now I have no clue if that's what it said in the japanese site, but this seems like a clue to the nature of the plot of p5? Thoughts?

This actually appeared on one of the magazine articles for P5, though I don't remember which one specifically.

? Unless you're aiming for a specific Persona to goof around with grinding isn't really necessary. Your loadout is more important than your level. Whenever you stumble into the end is likely good enough.

Oh, so you haven't actually read the rules for the thread you're currently in

Nobody is actually following those rules.

Anyway, I can see where you're coming from but chances are that this whole thread is going to be dominated with PV2 discussions after it airs.

Anyone who wants to dodge spoilers but who still wants to discuss other Persona things is just going to be looking at pages of black text for the next few days. It also takes only one person who doesn't mark his spoilers to ruin the whole thing. Best not to create a false sense of security for something that's so hard to enforce with the amount of hype/posts that will be in this thread.

This is just my opinion but maybe we could start marking our PV2 spoilers a week after it airs. That way people who want to discuss Persona 3/4 can come back when the P5 hype train has slowed down a bit.

Dantis

No need to be an arse about things.

There'll be a thread for PV02. It will be incredibly popular. There is no reason to post your thoughts on specificities of PV02 in here rather than there.

Nobody is actually following those rules.

Anyway, I can see where you're coming from but chances are that this whole thread is going to be dominated with PV2 discussions after it airs.
Well they should be.

At this stage, it isn't really a problem. We know next to nothing and we've seen next to nothing. It will be a different story a few months down the line though, and someone shouldn't have to leave the thread just because people don't to discuss things in the Gaming side.

"Oh, rules? Eh, nobody even follows them, they don't matter!"

What the fuck

I'm not saying that they don't matter. I'm saying that if nobody is following them now there might be a chance that they won't be followed in the future.

Only one spoiler needs to get through to ruin the whole thing.

There really isn't a good solution to this problem. Banning P5 discussion outright would be drastic but it could work. At least for the next few weeks.

Kanye West was apparently at the Atlus booth earlier. Wonder if they could have convinced him to dance.

It's real

^ hehe yeah so I heard.

The future of humanity looks bleak.....its time to free yourself form the shackles of society and reagin your true future :p

Weiss

Banned
I'm a little amazed Atlus never gave in and shipped those two in any of the later P4 media.

I actually really liked their whole platonic bros routine Chie and Yosuke had, like when Rise tries to pair them and Chie instantly shoots it down, but not in a crappy tsundere kind of way, she just genuinely does not want to date him and the feeling is mutual on Yosuke's part.

daevious

New P4D costumes. Atlus remembers Persona 2 confirmed.

Ulala-Margaret got to me, thank god I don't have a Vita or I'd but this in a heartbeat.

EDIT:
Weiss said:
I'm a little amazed Atlus never gave in and shipped those two in any of the later P4 media.

I actually really liked their whole platonic bros routine Chie and Yosuke had, like when Rise tries to pair them and Chie instantly shoots it down, but not in a crappy tsundere kind of way, she just genuinely does not want to date him and the feeling is mutual on Yosuke's part.

If you'd asked me this years ago I'd have disagreed with you, but those two really do work better as passive-aggressive bros.

CorvoSol

That first panel of the comic with Chie sliding with her head planted on the invisible wall is just adorable. P4A manga was god tier, why couldn't THAT get an animation? Maybe after the P3 movies are done...

I'd be down for an anime adaptation of the P4A manga.
No Elizabeth arc.
Yosuke gets to be a hero and have chemistry with the ladies.

I'd be down for an anime adaptation of the P4A manga.

FUCK YOU GIVE ME P1 MANGA ANIME ADAPTATION OR GIVE ME DEATH

Andrefpvs

No need to be an arse about things.

There'll be a thread for PV02. It will be incredibly popular. There is no reason to post your thoughts on specificities of PV02 in here rather than there.

Thanks for the back up, Dantis.

--
Sorry if I sounded too harsh above, guys, but I hate being condescended to, especially after what I think was a respectful request to everyone. We shouldn't be trying to push people away from this thread just because they wish to go fresh into Persona 5.

There's a lot of Persona stuff that can be openly discussed without spoiling P5's media content for everyone. Like, for example, where's the European release window for P5 😛

spoilers and linking images I understand, I find this absurd
Better yet, keep the discussion of the trailer to the inevitable Gaming side thread.
The point of a community is to have the group you want to discuss these things with, not running back to the masses

The point of a community is to have the group you want to discuss these things with, not running back to the masses

The thing is that you're alienating community members who don't want to be spoiled.

On the other hand. It will be really hard to keep this place spoilerfree for 3/4 months. If I were on a blackout I wouldn't even visit this thread (or anywhere else related to Persona) as I'm bound to get some spoilers.

hence tags and links instead of imbeds

But then you could also just post in the other thread.

Everyone from PersonaGAF who wants to discuss P5 wil discuss it in that thread. I don't see the problem.

Maybe the thread could be flooded by low quality comments but if that's really a problem people should just make a PV02 reaction thread and a PV02 discussion thread.
I don't think that would necesarry though

aravuus

spoilers and linking images I understand, I find this absurd

Well, it's like the "new news - new thread" guideline in my opinion. I can come up with a bunch of reasons why the discussion should, at least for a while, be kept in the dedicated news thread:
- People who don't visit the community thread can easily find the news thread on the front page of gaming and join the discussion AND the news will reach more people since the thread keeps getting bumped with each new post
- Discussion is dedicated to the news only, no other Persona talk
- Accordingly, the community thread won't get cluttered with news talk and people can keep talking about random Persona stuff in peace. And, like Kenji's been mentioning, Persona fans can keep doing this without fear of spoilers.

And most importantly, of course, is the simple fact that the news have a dedicated thread. Talking about the exact same subject in two threads at the same time is stupid.

I don't REALLY care either way though, cause

On the other hand. It will be really hard to keep this place spoilerfree for 3/4 months. If I were on a blackout I wouldn't even visit this thread (or anywhere else related to Persona) as I'm bound to get some spoilers.

I'm gonna unsub this thread when there's any chance of getting spoiled anyway

Meia

hence tags and links instead of imbeds

2 things:

- It was something decided by the community awhile ago, and it should be honored by those who, ya know, come in after.

- There was a point where the idea of this thread was going to be closed because there were some complaints that the community was too insular. AKA feel free to post about the series in other threads on gaming, but if everyone only posts here, it's not a healthy thing apparently.

This is what's called "two birds with one stone." :p

Setsu00

^ hehe yeah so I heard.

That was also in the Japanese site. I guess it refers to Hashino's comment about people who only do what they are told to do due to society's rules. In other words, they gave up on their own future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom