• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a P4DAN OST for sale/preorder yet? Don't think I'll be getting the game since the genre isn't really my thing, but I'm more than happy to support the OST.

MSMrRound

Interesting. I missed the pre-show stuff. Did he have anything much to say about that or was it just Kyle talking about how much that sucked?

Along the lines of "would have been awesome (to have it shown) since it's probably one of Atlus' biggest upcoming titles, but unfortunately game is under tight wrap. Conference was still awesome though! All those RPGs/games we are getting! (from other companies)".

FluxWaveZ

Along the lines of "would have been awesome (to have it shown) since it's probably one of Atlus' biggest upcoming titles, but unfortunately game is under tight wrap. Conference was still awesome though! All those RPGs/games we are getting! (from other companies)".

Thanks, that sounds about right.

Maybe that wrap will start to loosen up when the same goes for Japan next week.

rjpiDfE.png

S0p7JLb.png

anyone feel like translating then :p

and nice of them to show the OP as well.

now we just need to break into the locked Persona 5 testing room at Atlus HQ

Andrefpvs

rjpiDfE.png

S0p7JLb.png

anyone feel like translating then :p

and nice of them to show the OP as well.

now we just need to break into the locked Persona 5 testing room at Atlus HQ

The first one is
"Welcome to the dance floor" ("Yokoso Dance Floor")

For the second one, OCR is giving me "Nininsankyaku", which I have no idea what it means :p
Looking at the icon, it's probably for activating Fever the first time.

Xenoflare

The first one is
"Welcome to the dance floor" ("Yokoso Dance Floor")

For the second one, OCR is giving me "Nininsankyaku", which I have no idea what it means :p
Looking at the icon, it's probably for activating Fever the first time.

The second one literally means "two-three legged"

FluxWaveZ

Relevant to a previous discussion:
Shinjiro: I’ve heard that the number of Atlus fans in the U.S. has been growing lately. Because of that, the idea behind making this game is that we’ll make it as if we’re making any other Atlus RPG. We’ll do it just as we’ve done before. As far as the popularity of Awakening and how it’s affected the popularity of the series in the west, we didn’t really have that in mind when we worked on this game.

-----

Also, random update on what we know of games in development at Atlus. Genei Ibun Roku #FE eliminates some questions that were in the air before with this:
Shinjiro: This game was made as an entirely new IP. It may use some bits of the Fire Emblem series as motifs, but there are no demons or anything like you’d see from Shin Megami Tensei. If you know both series, you’ll notice some things and think that they’re very interesting, but we made this so that any player who’s new to the game won’t need any information beforehand to appreciate it.

It's clear now that the game that started development in 2013 by Atlus 1st production:
H.I. finishes by saying that, since game production goes over a long period of time, he is still involved with the the game he started working on since he joined Atlus two years ago. It is an unannounced RPG, which he states will be rather innovative, and he hopes fans will be receptive to it, as it is different from previous titles the company has developed.
...and the game that Naoto Hiroaka cited as a new IP last year:
Additionally, a brand new IP, similar to Catherine and Dragon’s Crown [as new standalone IPs] is in the works, too.
...were one and the same. Likely, the game Kenichi Tsuchiya was talking about was this, too.

That leaves us publicly knowing the game they started in development in 2014 planned for a 2017 release, and the game that Issen Yamai from Team Maniax has been working on since at least 2014. These games could be one and the same.

After 2015, Atlus will only have a single announced game coming out (EOV), so I think a new game announcement later this year is likely.

FluxWaveZ

Just as a minor point. Gematsu's translation suggested that there were multiple new titles like Catherine and Dragon's Crown: http://gematsu.com/2014/07/atlus-promises-new-title-announcement-soon-brand-new-titles-future not just the one, like Siliconera's suggested. We haven't seen any of the branching other IPs into new mediums yet either.

Yeah, I did keep that in mind, actually. It's just that it's rather vague, and we know there's at least one new IP that they were developing at the time, which was #FE. It's hard for me to interpret whether they were definitely working on a new IP that wasn't #FE at that time, though I wouldn't be surprised.

Additional point: In December 2014, Meguro stated that there was more than one unannounced game they were working on other than Persona 5. One would have been #FE, while the other would be related to those others (2017 game, Team Maniax, potential other new IP...). I feel that Creative Department #2 probably had their hands full with Persona 5 and P4D at the time, but I also think that they were probably in pre-development for a project which they are slowly moving into as the development of both games are coming to a close.

We haven't seen any of the branching other IPs into new mediums yet either.

There's the second series of the Etrian Odyssey DOMINION card game which will be launching next month. I can't think of much else, though.

Makio

Man i almost crying that OP is almost perfect , is everything i imagine superb animation and shots.

I cant wait the HD for this one , already my favorite intro of the spinoff games (i think the Ultimax is going to be hard to top).

Makio

If they released the HD of this one tomorrow , is going to be a hell of birthday present for Atlus lol hahaha.

I going to wait until see the full intro and hear the vocal theme for Persona 5 , but damn DAN intro just beat it ... i love this one and almost feel bad about it.

Makio

For me worth it since i have 2 cd i can put in my living room and dance my ass all night.
And since i dont have big plans to buy dlc costumes (i love the original costumes of the game) that ones included worth it for me too.

I hope the cd include full tracks and no samples like somebody say before.

Actually i like the content of the american CE is a good deal.

DNAbro

I was going to buy the CE but when Destiny was shown at E3 and I actually loved what I saw I reduced it to regular in order to buy it.

They revealed a lot of the new remixes in those 1.5 minute videos. Do we know if those are viewable completely in the game? I love the animations in the promo videos for the remixes.

Do you guys think the CE is worth it?

Yea. I always look at CEs that dont cost too much more as better value for money than just vanilla game. Look at PQ. Just the 3DS game = 50$. You get a 3DS Case that costs like 25-30$ outside + tarot cards + small booklet + 4 track cd. the 80$ is better value. It is even selling for like 50 something right now on Amazon.

With P4D Vita case + 2CD soundtrack (not just 4 tracks or arrange stuff) + keychain + DLC + the skin so I'd say definitely worth it. I got mine preordered already.

Edit: sorry for the double post.

FluxWaveZ

Daaah, Atlus JP will be releasing it properly any day now anyway. I think we might even see it sometime today.

Why have you been convinced it would be posted today? The Persona Q and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax openings were only posted around 2 days before the game's release in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom