• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theodoricos

That Mist remix at the end sounded incredible. Just give me The Almighty as well and I'll be happy.

Also,
I want to dance as Adachi

Kj95sEH.png
Marie's dancing art

FluxWaveZ

Both renders look awesome, and it's awesome that "Break Out Of..." is in the game. Both that song and Marie seemed like blatant omissions, so it makes sense. It's also awesome that they're both free DLC characters. Awesome.

Both renders look awesome, and it's awesome that "Break Out Of..." is in the game. Both that song and Marie seemed like blatant omissions, so it makes sense. It's also awesome that they're both free DLC characters. Awesome.

Where does it say that they're free DLC? I've been getting mixed messages.

Dantis

The Fog remix is badass. Marie's dancing is really bad. Marie smiling so much is really weird.

"LET'S DANCING!" is hilarious.

muteki

Glad Marie made finally the cut. Her lines in the trailer were adorable.

Will she have Kaguya at the end of her songs? For that matter, what persona will Margaret be using? (if any)

FluxWaveZ

One day Atlus will realize that separating content between FES and P3P was a really stupid decision and make a definitive version

I WILL NEVER LOSE HOPE

They already realize that. Hashino was pretty bummed by how diminished P3P was as a port of the original, so he was happy when the Vita came along and they could shift development of the PSP version of Persona 4 to it. Technical limitations prevented them from not separating that content.

It wasnt a teaser per se, they just said that if P4D sells well that they will consider doing P3D.

Oh fuck yes. I'll support P4D for this, i need more Persona 3 music in my life

They already realize that. Hashino was pretty bummed by how diminished P3P was as a port of the original, so he was happy when the Vita came along and they could shift development of the PSP version of Persona 4 to it. Technical limitations prevented them from not separating that content.

This sounds very promising. I already expect them to do SOMETHING with P3/4 sometime after

FluxWaveZ

I'd rather they make an Aigis spin-off game fighting shadows.

AND NOT THAT CRAPPY MOBILE GAME.

Not like multiple spin-offs can't be developed simultaneously. P4D, PQ and P4AU were all supposed to release in the same year, after all.

Though, the next spin-off I expect from Atlus won't be for Persona.

I'd rather they make an Aigis spin-off game fighting shadows.

AND NOT THAT CRAPPY MOBILE GAME.

I've already been saying, a Platinum Games game that focuses around Aigis and Labrys (i guess it could still star the rest of the P3/4 cast if the story would permit it) along with the fast hack-and-slash elements their past games have. Would LOVE this

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Not like multiple spin-offs can't be developed simultaneously. P4D, PQ and P4AU were all supposed to release in the same year, after all.

Thank you, I was never aware of this.

What I am saying is, I really don't want a P3D and if they were to make a spinoff, I would want a TPS involving Aigis. That's it.

FluxWaveZ

Thank you, I was never aware of this.

What I am saying is, I really don't want a P3D and if they were to make a spinoff, I would want a TPS involving Aigis. That's it.

I guess I just don't see the problem with having both. That would make both groups of people happy.

Save the whole "multiple paths", if you only stuck to a few character's paths and skimmed the rest, it does come out to be pretty good

Nope, even then, it was terrible. The whole layout was a redundant mess that made the story very tedious to go through the moment the characters entered the TV world.

Theodoricos

While on the subject of spin-offs, I think a Naoto detective visual novel game similar to Ace Attorney Investigations would be pretty awesome.

With a case featuring a Kanji cameo, of course!

Are you saying P4A's story had good execution? Because I'm of the opinion it was utter garbage.

Yes. I think you're thinking of the format, how the story is delivered to you. Whether a story is delivered to you in movie format, 20 minute tv show format, comic format, visual novel format, flipbook format, etc. That is not execution, which is the manner and style the author/director/artist conveys the story to you within that format to make it compelling.

It can be argued that Arena 1's execution was stronger, so much that even within a weaker format, it came out to be a stronger story than its sequel.

Though I will admit that the line isn't as clear cut as I make it seem. Format affects the author's ability to execute. I'm of the opinion that, though Ultimax's new format catered to the feedback from the original Arena's story, it hurt the story more than helped.

muteki

On the upside one thing I liked about the way they did things in P4A1 was getting to see all/most of the events from the perspective of all the characters.

In P4A2 if you liked one particular character, they only had a limited number of events where you saw things from their perspective. It led to a lot of redundancies, yes, but things were much more detailed in the first game for me.

FluxWaveZ

Though I will admit that the line isn't as clear cut as I make it seem. Format affects the author's ability to execute. I'm of the opinion that, though Ultimax's new format catered to the feedback from the original Arena's story, it hurt the story more than helped.

The difference between "format" and "execution," huh. I see. Well, based on that, I see what you mean, but the format was designed in a way that I could not appreciate most of the execution it had going for it. If I need to go several times through a same scenario with minor differences like I was playing Bravely Default, it takes away a whole lot from my experience.

I think the lines are blurred here between format and execution, though. The format of "different chapters for different characters" isn't the problem I had with it, it's the fact that the execution on that format made important story events constantly contradict each other and repetitive. BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger had the same format as P4A, but I think it had a better execution because the story supported that format and because they made chapters more unique from each other.

Theodoricos

The actual story of Arena didn't appeal to me (save for Labrys' segment), but the concept of choosing your favorite character and witnessing the plot from their perspective is a pretty nice idea.

It was just unfortunate that some of the stories were locked and required you to reach cliffhangers of other stories to play them, leading to the repetitive nature of Arena.

Ambitious

probably not and no rumors.

What a shame.
I will have plenty of time to play this summer, but I won't have access to my PS3. On the other hand, I will have it back in fall, but that's when the winter semester starts (and loads of other games are released).

I could play P3P instead, but FES sounds much better.

Theodoricos

Personally I like P3P a lot better than FES, though I won't deny that for your first time through, FES is probably the better option.

That said, if you have no other choice but P3P for a long while, I'd just go ahead and play it.

FluxWaveZ

If Atlus weren't so crazy about anything of theirs being uploaded to YouTube, there are some clips of the stream earlier that I would have liked to put out. People (particularly women) were losing it when Adachi was announced for P4D. It's in line with what Wada was saying about Adachi having a lot of female fans within their own company, heh.

At least there are still the archives, for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom