• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those P5 images look hype as hell!

Also P4 spoilers follow, I just want to say something about the new characters in DAN
Does it bug anyone else a whole lot Adachi is in this? Like I get its a fanservice game and all, but it seems the spinoffs keep forgetting Adachi is a murderous sociopath. I was fine with his inclusion in Ultimax, as dumb as I think it was and I'm still miffed on the fact Yosuke has a generic win quote for him, but I can't believe he's in DAN. With the Golden anime, and the way Atlus has been treating him, I feel like they are just brushing over the fact he killed people and planned to turn everyone into shadows. I'm sure they'll have an excuse for putting him DAN, but it just seems like they are forgetting he was an antagonist, not the IT's edgy friend who just happens to murder people.

Sorry for the rant, it's just something that's been bugging me. Carry on with the hype!

FluxWaveZ

With the Golden anime, and the way Atlus has been treating him, I feel like they are just brushing over the fact he killed people and planned to turn everyone into shadows.[/I]

What? The only thing I can understand your perspective on is Dancing All Night, but Persona 4 the Golden Animation is one of the only Persona 4 adaptations that showed
just how messed up that character was, in depth. They didn't gloss over that fact or show him as an individual worth much sympathizing with there.

Sophia

Just as a quick reminder to everyone, so we don't have any accidents: As noted in the OP, Persona 5 plot points should not be openly discussed. Please spoiler tag then and mark them accordingly. Same goes for images, no embedding them, just link to them with general mention of what they are.

What? The only thing I can understand your perspective on is Dancing All Night, but Persona 4 the Golden Animation is one of the only Persona 4 adaptations that showed
just how messed up that character was, in depth. They didn't gloss over that fact or show him as an individual worth much sympathizing with there.

Yeah, in agreement with Flux here. It was one of the few parts of the Golden anime that were legitimately good too. :S

I was thinking of the scene where after Yu and Adachi's fight, Yu talking about how they were a family and imo being buddy buddy with him after their fight. I also feel they wanted people to sympathize with him by showing the scenes of him in high school. It has been a while since I watched P4GA so you're probably right. I will agree they went more in depth on him being messed up, such as throwing away the dinners Yu brought him. Do you think they are trying to portray him in a different light too or is that only me?
That's just how I felt on it. I know other people felt different.

Yeah, in agreement with Flux here. It was one of the few parts of the Golden anime that were legitimately good too. :S
Yeah, it was one of the only parts of P4GA I thought was watchable haha.

Makio

Dont to break it , but i dont see the point of see a guy playing all the game if you plan to buy.

I watch like 30 minutes of the stream and i regret to see even if i dont get a word to they are talking about.

At least i get the intro , which i was looking for ... now wait for the trailer of Persona 5.

So 7 minutes uhhh...

FluxWaveZ

Do you think they are trying to portray him in a different light too or is that only me?

Depends on how it's handled in P4D but, up until now, I don't think their portrayal has been shifted that much aside from
some redeeming factors in P4AU, which I didn't think were even out of place considering he had some of that in the original Persona 4 game near the end.

Edit: All of the full versions of the P4D song remixes are way better than the brief snippets they've been putting out.

PK Gaming

Friendly word of advice:

Don't post any non-promotional Persona 5 material in this thread. I'm not trying to enforce the rules here, it's just... if you do end up doing that then you , you might end up hearing nasty words like:

"Are you fucking serious. Did you seriously post that, what the hell man?"

"You're a goddamn asshole."

"I hope you like your vacation, jackass."

It's in our best interests to avoid those kinds of situations.

Friendly word of advice:

Don't post any non-promotional Persona 5 material in this thread. I'm not trying to enforce the rules here, it's just... if you do end up doing that then you , you might end up hearing nasty words like:

"Are you fucking serious. Did you seriously post that, what the hell man?"

"You're a goddamn asshole."

"I hope you like your vacation, jackass."

It's in our best interests to avoid those kinds of situations.

You say that to me all the time PK.
Seriously though I hope hype doesn't take priority over common sense. I think we should be fine though. Maybe.

Sophia

Plus you got that the P5 thread on the main page hosting all the tears and leaks.

Yeah, that's the greatest part. One can discuss stuff in here with spoiler tags and minor restrictions, or one can go to the gaming side threads and discuss things freely. In the end, everyone wins.

Xenoflare

Yeah, that's the greatest part. One can discuss stuff in here with spoiler tags and minor restrictions, or one can go to the gaming side threads and discuss things freely. In the end, everyone wins.

Yeah, I really love how clean and quiet this place is for the time being.

Edit: Oh boy oh boy forgot Fire Emblem If is also having it's massive leakage I am so not going to sleep tonight.

PK Gaming

ZC5tDhF.gif

Sophia

... could the animation for DAN's opening be any worse? It's like the animators forgot how bodies move and compensated it with some terrible dance movies and weird camera angles. :\

FluxWaveZ

The animation is off at points, but I still prefer the P4D opening to the other spin-offs, minus the Persona 4 Arena Ultimax arcade opening. I wish the music would match up better with the action, though.

Atlus should have officially uploaded the trailer as today's update instead of it having to be "first" seen like this.

Sophia

Saying the animation is off at points is an understatement. Almost all of the "dances" in it are repeated animation over and over. Yukiko and Naoto are the worst of the bunch. The former spins three times in what is the exact same animation before it changes. The less said about Naoto's dull eyes and... hand animations the better. o_o

I like the animation for the chorus, at least. Even if all of their poses are a bit ridiculous, it has actual animation.

FluxWaveZ

Saying the animation is off at points is an understatement. Almost all of the "dances" in it are repeated animation over and over. Yukiko and Naoto are the worst of the bunch. The former spins three times in what is the exact same animation before it changes. The less said about Naoto's dull eyes and... hand animations the better. o_o

I like the animation for the chorus, at least. Even if all of their poses are a bit ridiculous, it has actual animation.

I'm fine with everything after the first character introduction scenes, but the repetition in those is indeed jarring.

Weiss

Banned

Also P4 spoilers follow, I just want to say something about the new characters in DAN
Does it bug anyone else a whole lot Adachi is in this? Like I get its a fanservice game and all, but it seems the spinoffs keep forgetting Adachi is a murderous sociopath. I was fine with his inclusion in Ultimax, as dumb as I think it was and I'm still miffed on the fact Yosuke has a generic win quote for him, but I can't believe he's in DAN. With the Golden anime, and the way Atlus has been treating him, I feel like they are just brushing over the fact he killed people and planned to turn everyone into shadows. I'm sure they'll have an excuse for putting him DAN, but it just seems like they are forgetting he was an antagonist, not the IT's edgy friend who just happens to murder people.

Sorry for the rant, it's just something that's been bugging me. Carry on with the hype!

I think Atlus is getting dangerously close to making Adachi redeemed and sympathetic, but they haven't quite crossed the line yet. His S-Link in Golden was about how much of an asshole he is, and his appearance in Ultimax is still firmly rooted in how genuinely terrible a person he is, just that maybe he can change for the better, and while he does respect the Investigation Team he's ultimately fighting because he's trying to follow the rules of his game.

Having said that, they need to stop adding him into stuff before they go overboard with it.

Dantis

The animation is off at points, but I still prefer the P4D opening to the other spin-offs, minus the Persona 4 Arena Ultimax arcade opening. I wish the music would match up better with the action, though.

Atlus should have officially uploaded the trailer as today's update instead of it having to be "first" seen like this.

I've felt this way about all the spinoff openings except for PQ. The Arena opening was really, really bad for it.

YEEEESSSSS
HAHAHAHA

muteki

Holy crap at Maze of Life All Night with the challenge items on!

Only 2 misses!

Edit: Amiami processing payment for P4D now.

we forgive you evil guy. is a pretty tired anime trope at this point. It was horrible in ultimax

whatever, I get Marie

Oohh, what's going on in the DAN stream? HYPE LEVELS RISING!

MARIEEEEEEEEE!!

Crazy moves.

Edit:
ADACHI HAS MOVES AS WELL, SO SMOOTH

Watching this stream was worth it in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom