• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olengie

Going the Physical Route since I luv physical media. I'm not a fan of Digital.

And if there is a CE, damn right I'm buying that.

Lusankya

Well, the US version will be released earlier (even if US and EU both get it in the same week), so I get the digital version from the US store.

As of now, I don't have a PS4, so probably gonna pick up the PS3 version first, and double dip for the PS4 version after.

I can't imagine any difference between the two versions besides graphics. PS4 will probably be 1080, unless they hinted at version differences I'm not aware of. Also, hopefully they will share the same Trophy List like FFX/X-2 HD Remaster. You could make progress on any of the three systems it's released on.

As of now, I don't have a PS4, so probably gonna pick up the PS3 version first, and double dip for the PS4 version after.

I can't imagine any difference between the two versions besides graphics. PS4 will probably be 1080, unless they hinted at version differences I'm not aware of. Also, hopefully they will share the same Trophy List like FFX/X-2 HD Remaster. You could make progress on any of the three systems it's released on.

I also don't have a PS4, but I'll hold out until I get one if the PS3 version has lots of frame rate drops or something. I'm pretty sensitive to that stuff, but it looks like this might basically be a PS3 game that got a port to PS4 rather than something that will be bad experience on last-gen. Fingers crossed.

I also don't have a PS4, but I'll hold out until I get one if the PS3 version has lots of frame rate drops or something. I'm pretty sensitive to that stuff, but it looks like this might basically be a PS3 game that got a port to PS4 rather than something that will be bad experience on last-gen. Fingers crossed.

I'm not too sensitive about frame rate drops on a JRPG. I would rather get this on PS4, I should have one by this holiday.

This started on PS3 hardware anyways, so I'm sure they put some work into that version. It's not like they started on PS4 and ported down.

Lunar15

Also, just realized that's not Igor talking at the end, that's Arsene talking again.

He tells the MC that they'll meet again once he's "determined his fate", and then it pans up to Igor.

Lunar15

So, what's next, chaps? We really don't have a road map at this point. P4D's out, so the rest of the year is pretty much P5 for Atlus.

I'd assume that we'll get a tidbit or two in that Persona Mag, even though I don't think it'll be all that much. After that, it's what... TGS? I'd be shocked if it took until then to announce a release date. I'd guess a Famitsu reveal before that.

But man, who knows. It's kind of an open road at this point.

Hopeford

I like both P3MC and FeMC. If you've seen the P3 movies, it puts more focus on (Heavy P3 character progression spoilers)
P3MC's/ Makoto's apathetic nature and how his "PTSD" kept him from having any sort of motivation. He goes from not giving two shits, to carting about S.E.E.S. and seeing them as a tight-knit band of friends who are like family. You can even tell how he cares for Aigis in the movies

Although i did heavily project myself into the P3MC, so i do feel like i was placed in his shoes. And FeMC's personality through dialogue choices is much closer to mine, after I let P3's themes and what i learned from it rest in my mind for a while

I haven't seen the P3 movies yet, but totally intend to. I'm probably gonna hold off on watching them until I'm done with P3P though. And I think your anecdote is interesting because now that I think about it, that's probably what the developers intended with the whole two routes thing. I mean they do recommend beginners to go through the male route first, so I think their idea was to have people come around in their way of thinking then go through the game again with that view. I think that works pretty well! I don't know if they planned this from when they first made Persona 3, but it certainly does change the game and it fits pretty well.

The female protagonist benefits from significantly better writing in her social links, a bunch of quality of life boosts, generally better relationships with her party members due to the changes in the slink system and the fact that she's a completely fresh new perspective (I get to play as a girlllllllllll? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?).

Yeah, gotta say that the game just feels better because of the social links. I never cared much about Shinjiro in P3, but after doing his social link here he's one of my favorites now. Plus you're definitely right, the writing feels a lot better here, probably because they had more time to polish it plus the benefit of being able to look back at the male route and going "Yeah, this worked, this didn't" and all.

FluxWaveZ

All this talk about the marketing and mentions of the next time we might get something of substance regarding Persona 5 makes me think back to before the SCEJ teaser, when I was expressing my hope that they would show very little about the game before its release.

I really don't think it's feasible, but it's intriguing to consider the possibility that Atlus could actually hold out on anything else until TGS (minus Monday's magazine and uploading PV02 to their channel next month(?)), where they would reveal the release date for the game launching in 1-2 months. Information deprivation as a marketing tactic... it seems like it's been their strategy thus far, and it'd be interesting if that actually carried through until the end.

So, what's next, chaps? We really don't have a road map at this point. P4D's out, so the rest of the year is pretty much P5 for Atlus.

I'd assume that we'll get a tidbit or two in that Persona Mag, even though I don't think it'll be all that much. After that, it's what... TGS? I'd be shocked if it took until then to announce a release date. I'd guess a Famitsu reveal before that.

But man, who knows. It's kind of an open road at this point.

It's the clearest Atlus had for years after a deluge of SMT/Persona related content, barring #FE.

Minor updates should be coming in steadily like it did back during P4, but if we're really waiting until TGS for a solid release date, a 2016 release is likely to be in the cards. It's not that there isn't precedence for it, but I just can't see them announcing for a release within 3 months.

I really don't think it's feasible, but it's intriguing to consider the possibility that Atlus could actually hold out on anything else until TGS (minus Monday's magazine and uploading PV02 to their channel next month(?)), where they would reveal the release date for the game launching in 1-2 months. Information deprivation as a marketing tactic... it seems like it's been their strategy thus far, and it'd be interesting if that actually carried through until the end.

I get the feeling if they did do something like that, they'd occasionally punctuate the silence with some kind of semi-viral marketing that didn't actually give out any information. Something similar to that newspaper article from February 5th, where "The Phantom" took out a full page ad.

Right now though, I'm just really curious to see what happens next. Does Atlus Japan go on a blowout for P5? And if they do, what happens with Atlus USA? Next few months will certainly be interesting.

FluxWaveZ

Atlus posted their version of the P4D Opening Movie, but why is the sound different? It's actually not just the tone of the song, too, since it has additional sound by Lotus Juice. That's not how it sounds when I listen to it in-game.

Right now though, I'm just really curious to see what happens next. Does Atlus Japan go on a blowout for P5? And if they do, what happens with Atlus USA? Next few months will certainly be interesting.

http://i.imgur.com/kHm8gyg.gif [Persona 5 PV02 .gif]

Atlus posted their version of the P4D Opening Movie, but why is the sound different? It's actually not just the tone of the song, too, since it has additional sound by Lotus Juice. That's not how it sounds when I listen to it in-game.

That's weird, because it sounds like what I heard this morning while watching the stream in terms of having LJ in it....but something's up with the mixing, definitely.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm numb. I just don't buy the 2015 date anymore.

Why not? At this point of development the game should be mostly content complete if they're serious about the 2015 date, especially seeing that it had a long dev cycle. Right now it should be mostly about testing the game, last minute tweaks and getting the game ready for certification. Unless something goes terribly wrong I believe it.

Why not? At this point of development the game should be mostly content complete if they're serious about the 2015 date, especially seeing that it had a long dev cycle. Right now it should be mostly about testing the game, last minute tweaks and getting the game ready for certification. Unless something goes terribly wrong I believe it.
Should be, could be, might be. Who the hell knows anymore. I don't want information dumps. I just want a date. I'm skeptical until I see it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well think about it this way, if they started development 6-7 years ago give or take, how much difference is 4 to 5 months going to make? That's including certification, physical manufacturing and distribution.

If they want to delay it, it would have made sense if they did it earlier.

Could still happen, but it's more unlikely if you accounted those factors.

Quick and dirty translation of the voiced narration:

Voice: What's wrong? Are you just going to watch?
Voice: Was that a mistake?
Voice: Heh, that's right. That's as it should be. I am you, you are I.
Voice: For the sake of the justice you believed in, make the blasphemers repent!
Voice: Now, begin!

At the end of the trailer:

Voice: We will meet again... at the moment your destiny has been determined. Hahahaha!

Edit: Woops, meant for the actual trailer thread but this works too!

M.Night twist.....you were the Persona all along and Arsene was the MC.

Soooo Digital or Physical?

You're crazy man. Physical, LE, CE all the way. I need that Soejima box art.

Just popping in to say that Naoto's dungeon in P4 is WAYYYY too long to get through, holy god. Or maybe it's just encounter fatigue setting in. I'm at ~55 hours, is this normal for this part of the game?

Just popping in to say that Naoto's dungeon in P4 is WAYYYY too long to get through, holy god. Or maybe it's just encounter fatigue setting in. I'm at ~55 hours, is this normal for this part of the game?

Now that you mention it. I guess Naoto's dungeon was pretty long. I did feel the same way about the previous dungeons though. I think that the remaining dungeons are a bit shorter. At least, that's what I remember.

Now that you mention it. I guess Naoto's dungeon was pretty long. I did feel the same way about the previous dungeons though. I think that the remaining dungeons are a bit shorter. At least, that's what I remember.

Cheers for the heads up. I'm almost done with it I think, but it really feels like a chore at this stage. I kind of wish the game didn't encourage you to do all your combat stuff in one night; it makes the pacing unpleasant. I should probably blame myself for doing that though 😅😅

QuadOpto

The game actually doesn't encourage you to do it all in one day--that's just for if you want to go for a max social link run your first time through.

Honestly, the best thing to do is simply play through the game once at an easy pace, just trying out everything you want to do, then really focus on completing things on a second playthrough, in which you'll have full social stats, the ability to buy higher grade weapons and a carried-over compendium to make the "dungeon" side of the game a much faster experience.

There definitely is a loooot of back-tracking in Naoto's Dungeon though, which really doesn't help with the gigantic maze-like layout of the randomized floors.

Dantis

You're right, it's definitely a different mix. This one sounds cleaner to me. Which one is in the actual game opening?

Edit: I guess you answered that in the post. How odd.

Anyone think Persona 5 will have DLC? All of the four recent spin-off games have had DLC, but none of the core games. What would be 'acceptable' DLC that you'd be willing to pay for?

Lunar15

P5 will absolutely have DLC. I don't put it past them to sell costumes, even if those were free in past games. However, there is something of a precedent in that the original versions of P3 and P4 didn't have costumes, you had to buy the 'enhanced version" of each to get them. It's kind of the same situation.

I really hope that's as far as they go, I can live with that. But yeah, they put DLC in SMTIV on the 3DS, so absolutely don't see them passing up a chance to do it in their biggest game ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom