• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UMvC3 has pretty terrible netcode and a pretty high barrier of entry, but don't let that get to you! Ultimax is not that much better in terms of netcode but as long as no one skips the intro it should flow fine. Also Ultimax is much easier to get into than Marvel due to auto-combos and the game being relatively recent.

OK thanks, I might eventually try in the future. Maybe I should do the intro thingy since all I did was read most of the instructions. And yeah, auto-combos are nice since I can't seem remember anything I did in challenge mode during actual fights and end up panicking.

I haven't played many fighting games online, just Marvel and Mortal Kombat. So I'm not sure what would be considered 'good' for online. It could be due to location, time when I played and a rather poor Internet connection for me, but a lot of games I played for Marvel were 1 bar. Maybe the game died somewhat quickly online due to lack of any plans for it now, but I'm just guessing and am not actually sure.

I recall some rather poor connections with Mortal Kombat at times, but I think I played at most 10 games online before stopping. There were, most likely, some good connections, I probably just don't remember them as much as the poor ones.

CorvoSol

Nozomi is like my go-to social link during times when everyone else is unavailable. He's the only student who will hang out with you during exam. What a bro.

Every minute I spend with this greasy cultist is a moment I could be spending with women or robot women simulacrums.

It's why the max social link guide saves Moon for December, since everyone else is mostly indisposed during the time. :p

I tried to keep my SLinks balanced on Male side this time around, and it was big mistake. Now I'm just like "God I hope I max at least the female party members."

Female side I barely SLinked at all in December because I've finished pretty much everyone. Doesn't matter, I guess, since I've maxed Telos, but still.

Speaking of December...

what actually triggers the Christmas event in p3p? I never got it.

If you're a guy you need to be like, rank six or seven, I think. Actual dating. I got Yukari this time around. Last time I cheated to get Mitsuru, since I don't know that it's really feasible to do her without cheating.

If you're a girl Yukari just asks you to have a girl's night, and instead of anything romantic you dork around with Fuuka and Yukari all night.

If you're a girl Yukari just asks you to have a girl's night, and instead of anything romantic you dork around with Fuuka and Yukari all night.

To be honest, that sounds awesome!

How does Christmas with the guys go in P4? Played that game through 4 times and never chosen that option.

FluxWaveZ

Persona 5's probably not going to make the top 3, but it's still cool that it'll most likely make the top 5 alongside those other notable games.

Edit: Hey, remember this pic?
Bdcf-b0CYAAWb1u.jpg:large
Things went crazy for P4D, but it should have totally been obvious for P5, even if it was delayed past a planned Q1 2015 release date.

PK Gaming

To be honest, that sounds awesome!

How does Christmas with the guys go in P4? Played that game through 4 times and never chosen that option.

Let's see:

-Yosuke's house gets fumigated because Teddie is a gross little shit (roaches, eck)
-The guys exchange presents with each other (but Yosuke forgets to bring one, because duh)
-The guys generally have a good time
-After completing the event you get... THE MACHO MEDAL

MSMrRound

Officially 3 minutes past midnight over here.

Happy Year of Persona!

May 2015 bring us even more joy and unexpected gaming announcements.

Cheers to PGaf and the team at AtlusUSA!

Omikaru

I'm not here much, but I thought I'd pop in before I head out to say hello, and goodbye to 2014.

Hope you all have a nice new year, PersonaGAF.

CorvoSol

ARE YA'LL DORKIN' AROUND UP THAR

Yukari, let's eat this cake

but it's such a work of art, Fuuka

you're right let's not eat this cake

we all eat the cake

Let's see:

-Yosuke's house gets fumigated because Teddie is a gross little shit (roaches, eck)
-The guys exchange presents with each other (but Yosuke forgets to bring one, because duh)
-The guys generally have a good time
-After completing the event you get... THE MACHO MEDAL

I keep trying to convince myself I need to finally knuckle down and do Christmas with Naoto to get the special uniform and now I want to do this instead.

FluxWaveZ

I suppose the Persona one counts for it, but it seems odd to me that there's no Dancing All Night specific art in either of them.

There's not really any new P4D promo art they can use for it. Technically, the 2015 Persona card doesn't have any Persona 5 specific art, either.

Rhapsody

Banned
It's been awhile since I posted here again. I forgot to sub to this thread, which is why I forgot :(

2015 should be a good year for Persona at least.

Fou-Lu

Persona 3 finally complete. Way more feels than I expected to feel, but not entirely surprising either, I love how this series handles endings. Can someone give me a rundown of what happens in The Answer since I only have P3P?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I haven't played FeMC's route, but do they just ignore Mitsuru and Aigis during Christmas?

I saw the video and yes, it's just those three girls.

I've played through it twice and never got a call from anyone on Christmas Eve so,,,

Caladrius

Persona 3 finally complete. Way more feels than I expected to feel, but not entirely surprising either, I love how this series handles endings. Can someone give me a rundown of what happens in The Answer since I only have P3P?

The short version is that a weird version of the Dark Hour completely fucks up the dorm and an entrance to a new realm opens up. Another robot girl named Metis shows up and threatens to destroy SEES if they don't cooperate. Many hours of dungeons later, the party is given the chance to undo history and revive the P3MC, at the risk of letting Nyx destroy the world. Much infighting ensues, with Aigis and Metis as a team winning. After further deliberation they decide not to change the timeline. They then discover that the P3MC is using his soul as a seal to protect Nyx (who if you recall was never actually killed) from the beckoning of the Greek God of Darkness, Erebus, who is a manifestation of humanity's malice and suicidal tendencies. To clarify, Nyx has no real desire to destroy humanity without reason. Erebus is just an envoy of humanity's emotions that Nyx feels compelled to act upon.

Erebus, who's in the middle of trying to break the seal, sees the group and assaults the party. After much asskicking the team is sent to the Velvet Room and learn that Erebus will forever return so long as the desire for death exists. The defeat of Erebus returns the dorm to normal, and Aigis realizes that Metis is a physical manifestation of Aigsi's feelings of loss and insecurity. Coming to understand this, Metis voluntarily rejoins with Aigis. Yukari, having been the most fervent supporter of reviving MC and highly antagonistic toward Aigis for most of the story, reconciles with Aigis over the ordeal and they both go out on the town.

Caladrius

Thanks.
Sounds pointless and kind of dumb.

For better or worse, it's canon. The only important takeaways are that
P3MC is basically stuck in limbo forever and that it establishes that nearly all of the deities in the Persona universe are manifestations of the collective unconscious. Well, P1/P2 established that before, but it's always vague as to how much the modern Persona writers take those games into consideration, so eh.

Hey Persona Gaf! Quick Q so I already defeated the final boss in P4G first time playing the game and I'm in the month of Jan so should I just focus on maxing out social links and enjoy the ride ?

Meia

I haven't played FeMC's route, but do they just ignore Mitsuru and Aigis during Christmas?

Isn't Aigis like
still destroyed and getting fixed during Christmas? Thought she doesn't come back til the 30th.

Still, dick move to leave out Mitsuru. :p

And to me, the best parts of the Answer aren't the meta story. In it,
you see the events that basically led everyone to "awaken" to their Persona in the first place. You see Junpei at the mall depressed at his father drinking and meeting Koromaru, Ken telling the police about the truth about his mother's death and them not believing him, etc. Another part that shines is Yukari's whole arc through it. She starts off really not wanting to care and kind of bitchy, then uber bitchy when she thinks she can see Makoto again by fighting everyone(and you get a GREAT Mitsuru moment when she decides to join Yukari no matter what as thanks for pulling her out of her funk when her father died), then to me it kind of comes together in the Game Over scene that plays out if the Yukari/Mitsuru team beats Aigis with her kind of refusing to take the key off Aigis, condemning her to an unknown fate(no matter how bad she wants to see Makoto).

I think at the very least anyone who's played through Persona 3 REALLY needs to go to Youtube to see all of the cutscenes that play out throughout the Answer, as it really gives much needed depth to some of the characters.

Hey Persona Gaf! Quick Q so I already defeated the final boss in P4G first time playing the game and I'm in the month of Jan so should I just focus on maxing out social links and enjoy the ride ?

Pretty much. Enjoy getting everyone's tier 3 while one of my favorite songs in the series plays. :D

'I already defeated the final boss' SPOILER
Not yet you havent.

I'm assuming this is your first playthrough ever of P4G, so yeah, Max out S.Links as best as you can, I hope you Maxed out Marie already otherwise you miss
a dungeon and another boss

Also, for final day
Dont go home after seeing everyone, go to Junes food court instead

Sophia

I know you're playing Persona 4 Golden and you don't hear the song as much, but I do recommend listening to it's advice. Reach out to the truth of your life..... :p

CorvoSol

Aigis can't attend the Christmas party because
she's undergoing repairs, having been blown to bits by one of FeMC's many, many boyfriends.
Mitsuru can't attend because she's on a date with P3 Male MC and that would create continuity errors between my playthroughs, GOSH.

CorvoSol

P4AU EP P3

YOU GET A WILD CARD AND YOU GET A WILD CARD, AND YOU GET A WILD CARD!

CHECK UNDERNEATH YOUR PERSONAS, YOU ALL GET A BRAND NEW WILD CARD!

• In this world (His world!) Where life is strong
    In this world (His world!) Life's an open book
    In this world (His world!) Where compromise does not exist
    In his world of worlds, every step meets the rest!
    In this world (His world!) Where one is all
    In this world (His world!) Never fear The Fall

This entire character was based on the lyrics to a Zebrahead song from a Sonic the Hedgehog video game.

Also I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally struggling to not see Shadow Labrys.exe as the world's biggest ass pull. Sure, this is a game where people's repressed feelings regularly gain sentience and don bear costumes, but two split personality characters, with different Personae? C'mon. Bad enough when Narukami suggested Sho had Social Linked with Minazuki, but that's just a bit of a stretch for me to take.

Otherwise, Ep. P3 has been better than Ep. P4 because Labrys has an actual arc going on. Her growth from last game over the course of this one has been consistent, believable, and solid. As far as characters introduced to Persona after P4's release goes, she's doing pretty damn well. I haven't finished PQ yet, so there's still a chance that Zen and Rei usurp her, but she blows Marie and Sho out of the water. Even with Shadow Labrys.exe going on, her ability to relate with Sho is far more relatable than Narukami's. The P4 cast did a great job of bonding with her in the previous game, and in this one she's sort of following in their footsteps.

To be honest I feel that where Yu actually counts as a character is more where he already does: in his relationships with his Social Links. Especially with Adachi. I found the interaction between the two of them the most meaningful character moments for either of them in this game, with Yu's and Mitsuru's growing respect for one another the next closest.

But yeah, Labrys is really the star of side P3. If I had to give a star to side P4, it'd be Rise, except I feel Rise didn't get enough screen time.

Sophia

This entire character was based on the lyrics to a Zebrahead song from a Sonic the Hedgehog video game.

The Crush 40 version of the song is better anyhow.

Your impressions of the P3 side are pretty much what I expected however, right down to calling Labrys the star of that side. Which I agree with.

Fou-Lu

Now that I've finished both P3 and P4...

Should I play the first game before Persona 2? Or just skip it and play Innocent Sin?

PK Gaming

P4AU EP P3

YOU GET A WILD CARD AND YOU GET A WILD CARD, AND YOU GET A WILD CARD!

CHECK UNDERNEATH YOUR PERSONAS, YOU ALL GET A BRAND NEW WILD CARD!

• In this world (His world!) Where life is strong
    In this world (His world!) Life's an open book
    In this world (His world!) Where one is all
    In this world (His world!) Never fear The Fall

Also I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally struggling to not see Shadow Labrys.exe as the world's biggest ass pull. Sure, this is a game where people's repressed feelings regularly gain sentience and don bear costumes, but two split personality characters, with different Personae? C'mon. Bad enough when Narukami suggested Sho had Social Linked with Minazuki, but that's just a bit of a stretch for me to take.

Otherwise, Ep. P3 has been better than Ep. P4 because Labrys has an actual arc going on. Her growth from last game over the course of this one has been consistent, believable, and solid. As far as characters introduced to Persona after P4's release goes, she's doing pretty damn well. I haven't finished PQ yet, so there's still a chance that Zen and Rei usurp her, but she blows Marie and Sho out of the water. Even with Shadow Labrys.exe going on, her ability to relate with Sho is far more relatable than Narukami's. The P4 cast did a great job of bonding with her in the previous game, and in this one she's sort of following in their footsteps.

To be honest I feel that where Yu actually counts as a character is more where he already does: in his relationships with his Social Links. Especially with Adachi. I found the interaction between the two of them the most meaningful character moments for either of them in this game, with Yu's and Mitsuru's growing respect for one another the next closest.

But yeah, Labrys is really the star of side P3. If I had to give a star to side P4, it'd be Rise, except I feel Rise didn't get enough screen time.

Wha, you didn't adore Tsundere Shadow Labrys? The scene where she backs off on killing Sho is so adorable.

But yeah, Labrys is definitely still the best Persona spinoff character. Sho sucks, and him getting the wild card is the dumbest thing ever. To quote Kanji from P4

"Of all the people in the world, why a bastard like him?"

Acid08

Banned
Now that I've finished both P3 and P4...

Should I play the first game before Persona 2? Or just skip it and play Innocent Sin?

Play the first game. It has:

1. Pretty short playtime
2. Fast and fun combat
3. Pretty good story/wondeful characters
4. Story connections to P2
5. THE BEST Persona character
6. Great music

Isn't Aigis like
still destroyed and getting fixed during Christmas? Thought she doesn't come back til the 30th.

Still, dick move to leave out Mitsuru. :p

And to me, the best parts of the Answer aren't the meta story. In it,
you see the events that basically led everyone to "awaken" to their Persona in the first place. You see Junpei at the mall depressed at his father drinking and meeting Koromaru, Ken telling the police about the truth about his mother's death and them not believing him, etc. Another part that shines is Yukari's whole arc through it. She starts off really not wanting to care and kind of bitchy, then uber bitchy when she thinks she can see Makoto again by fighting everyone(and you get a GREAT Mitsuru moment when she decides to join Yukari no matter what as thanks for pulling her out of her funk when her father died), then to me it kind of comes together in the Game Over scene that plays out if the Yukari/Mitsuru team beats Aigis with her kind of refusing to take the key off Aigis, condemning her to an unknown fate(no matter how bad she wants to see Makoto).

I think at the very least anyone who's played through Persona 3 REALLY needs to go to Youtube to see all of the cutscenes that play out throughout the Answer, as it really gives much needed depth to some of the characters.

Pretty much. Enjoy getting everyone's tier 3 while one of my favorite songs in the series plays. :D

Isn't that after
Yukari and Mitsuru bond over the loss of their fathers?

CorvoSol

Play the first game. It has:

1. Pretty short playtime
2. Fast and fun combat
3. Pretty good story/wondeful characters
4. Story connections to P2
5. THE BEST Persona character
6. Great music

Play the first game, it has:

1. Elly
2. Eriko
3. Kirishima-san