• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, should I beat Persona 4 before starting up Q? I'm playing P4 for the first time (Don't have P3), but is it necessary to beat P4 first in terms of PQ's story?

Hey guys, should I beat Persona 4 before starting up Q? I'm playing P4 for the first time (Don't have P3), but is it necessary to beat P4 first in terms of PQ's story?

PQ barely has any plot to begin with; it's mostly adorable/interesting interactions between the cast from both games
and I'm okay with that
. So you technically don't need to know what happens in P3 and P4 to play the 3DS game. However I would highly recommend that you get through P3 and P4 before starting PQ because the characters are constantly making references to their respective titles in PQ.

Sophia

You should be at the end of October before starting Persona Q, as that's where the P4 story in PQ takes place.

Persona Q doesn't require P3 or P4 to be completed, but it will spoil some of the early stuff, as every party member is assembled for their respective sides.

CorvoSol

P4AU DLC EP

Finished Adachi's scenario. Honestly not sure what to think of Adachi's character right now. I don't know that I've ever been asked to consider how I'd view a sociopath who saved the world before. He's obviously still fucked up, but I guess the funny thing is how much less fucked up he is than I thought he would be. I mean, it kinda almost seems like he's penitent in his own way.

And I felt the reunion with Dojima was downright sweet.

That said I'm not really sure why he was dragged into things. I know Sho seemed to want to steal his Persona, but was Hi-no-Kagutsuchi helping bust him out of jail just because he's obsessed with the whole murder that gave birth to him?

EP P3

GOD VELVET CREW WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKING EVASIVE. It's like "Hey Marie, what's the deal with the villain?" "Like fuck am I telling you, you have to wake up now." "Hey Margaret how many ordeals do I have to overcome anyway?" "Look the answer is approximately WAKE UP NOW" "Hey Elizabeth what does any of this cagey nonsense you're spewing mean?" "Oh well, you know, WAKE UP."

God the Velvet Crew need a Snooze Button.

Anyway, as with the P4 cast I enjoyed seeing the P3 cast reintroduced here. I'm more into Ken and Koro than I thought I'd be. My hope is that this side of the game also ties up the loose threads of this little spat with Public Safety, too.

sorry for interrupting the flow here but

are maya and p2mc really a
couple? does maya have any romantic feelings for p2mc at all - if so, this is shown in the psp game, or not?

couple? does maya have any romantic feelings for p2mc at all - if so, this is shown in the psp game, or not?

It's all about that
Ginko x Tatsuya OTP, but I'm pretty biased in that regard.

If I recall, it's up to the player to decide what is the "canon" romance, but I haven't played the Persona 2 duology in several months so I could be wrong. Other than that, I don't think there is a lot of romantic interaction between the two which makes it overt - but again, I could be wrong.

It's all about that
Ginko x Tatsuya OTP, but I'm pretty biased in that regard.

If I recall, it's up to the player to decide what is the "canon" romance, but I haven't played the Persona 2 duology in several months so I could be wrong. Other than that, I don't think there is a lot of romantic interaction between the two which makes it overt - but again, I could be wrong.

I do know Lisa is the Rise of P2, the very obvious crush and clingy lovers social link,
I can't figure out what Maya is to P2MC. I
thought she'd fit a Yukiko but boy I was wrong.
The problem with P2 is that the game is so damn old and the events/dialogue aren't as polished as P3P or P4G. I know these characters have depth, but there lacks that something which makes P3/4 characters so likeable. Maybe its because P2 lacks that slice of life or pointless social linking that some aren't so pleased with.

I just need to figure out what
P2MC is to Maya, or what Maya is to P2MC
…
how does Maya see P2MC? A big sis feeling of care? Or lovers? Or a mix of both?

I do know Lisa is the Rise of P2, the very obvious crush and clingy lovers social link,
I can't figure out what Maya is to P2MC. I
thought she'd fit a Yukiko but boy I was wrong.
The problem with P2 is that the game is so damn old and the events/dialogue aren't as polished as P3P or P4G. I know these characters have depth, but there lacks that something which makes P3/4 characters so likeable. Maybe its because P2 lacks that slice of life or pointless social linking that some aren't so pleased with.

I just need to figure out what
P2MC is to Maya, or what Maya is to P2MC
…
how does Maya see P2MC? A big sis feeling of care? Or lovers? Or a mix of both?

I think she fits the big sister role pretty well. I never saw her as a lover. How far are you through the game? There's an event later on that I think clarifies their relationship fairly well

I think she fits the big sister role pretty well. I never saw her as a lover. How far are you through the game? There's an event later on that I think clarifies their relationship fairly well

Thanks for answering. I am not far into the game I have just gotten Maya and seen some interactions. I know there is a choice that I will soon encounter which allows P2MC
to choose which one is the "lover".

I don't mind spoilers. I really want to know what Maya is to P2MC; and what P2MC is really to Maya herself.

MSMrRound

It's the worst.

Seeing all the hate for Japanese Teddie is making me sad=(

Kappei Yamaguchi (outside of Persona's Teddie, some of you might know recognise him as Usopp (One Piece), Inuyasha (Inuyasha) and L (Death Note) is possibly one of the Japanese voice actors out there that I enjoy the most.

Just listen to this jolly guy go: Yamaguchi sings the Sogeking song for NA panel

I could listen to the Nov 24 livestream all day, just listening to Yamaguchi's Teddie trolling us over and over again.
I kid, obviously. Wonder how they are gonna lead in for the February concert though...2009's Wel City's opening with Teddie as the "Velvet Room assistant" was pretty fun. Couldn't join the February concert, but I'll grab the concert blu-ray/DVD once it's available, that's for sure.

FluxWaveZ

t1423125000z1.png

I wonder if there'll be something happening outside of the concert itself once the countdown ends, like a simultaneous website update or a new P5 trailer posted elsewhere.

FluxWaveZ

Been out of the loop for a while...has there been any confirmation if there will be a livestream for the concert?

I don't think anything about a live stream for PSL 2015 has been announced, no.

I actually don't remember if there were any for previous Persona Music Live events. Were there?

PK Gaming

Tatsuya sees her as an older sister and vice versa. You can make them have an intimate relationship if you say the right things, but it's only reflected in contacts.

They come across as star crossed lovers in Eternal Punishment though.

Gazoinks

t1423125000z1.png

I wonder if there'll be something happening outside of the concert itself once the countdown ends, like a simultaneous website update or a new P5 trailer posted elsewhere.

Aw, Flux, you made a countdown for my Birthday? I'm touched! :p

MayaxKatsuya and TatsuyaxJun are the only pairings I will recognize! Who Tatsuya couples with is an in-game choice, but P2 does feel like it pushes Maya and Tatsuya a bit by virtue of being the protagonists.

All 0's across Ultimax lobbies :(

You play PS3? I personally never went online in Ultimax yet since last time I tried going online in a fighting game (uMvC3) I basically got rekt by guys that were pros at the game more often than not. It was less common to find those around my skill level (complete noobs), assuming I could find any games at all.

pan-hime

I don't think anything about a live stream for PSL 2015 has been announced, no.

I actually don't remember if there were any for previous Persona Music Live events. Were there?
Persona Music FES was the first and only so far.
Personally, I hope there's one. The last one was announced for livestreaming a week prior to the event. Here's hoping it's the same thing again.
I remember watching one for a previous Live, no idea if it was official or not.
It was.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Music FES was the first and only so far.
Personally, I hope there's one. The last one was announced for livestreaming a week prior to the event. Here's hoping it's the same thing again.

Hm, and Persona Music FES 2013 was pretty much the previous big Persona concert (excluding PMB). Since it was announced just a week before the event itself, then that at least means there's a good chance that something like that could happen with PSL.

CorvoSol

You know I could actually finish more SLinks in P3 if DECEMBER WASN'T A COMPLETELY WASTED MONTH. I mean sure, I get that SEES members have a reason to be mopey but where the fuck are all my other Social Links during this Month? Gah. Wound up spending time with Fatty McTubAss because he was the only available SLink for a week.

PK Gaming

You know I could actually finish more SLinks in P3 if DECEMBER WASN'T A COMPLETELY WASTED MONTH. I mean sure, I get that SEES members have a reason to be mopey but where the fuck are all my other Social Links during this Month? Gah. Wound up spending time with Fatty McTubAss because he was the only available SLink for a week.

Nozomi is like my go-to social link during times when everyone else is unavailable. He's the only student who will hang out with you during exam. What a bro.

Xenoflare

Nozomi is like my go-to social link during times when everyone else is unavailable. He's the only student who will hang out with you during exam. What a bro.

I was thoroughly confused on how and why he's in there the first place.

Actually that's a problem with p3.

Meia

It's why the max social link guide saves Moon for December, since everyone else is mostly indisposed during the time. :p

You play PS3? I personally never went online in Ultimax yet since last time I tried going online in a fighting game (uMvC3) I basically got rekt by guys that were pros at the game more often than not. It was less common to find those around my skill level (complete noobs), assuming I could find any games at all.

UMvC3 has pretty terrible netcode and a pretty high barrier of entry, but don't let that get to you! Ultimax is not that much better in terms of netcode but as long as no one skips the intro it should flow fine. Also Ultimax is much easier to get into than Marvel due to auto-combos and the game being relatively recent.

Xenoflare

Heavily disagree. P4AU is up there with the other ASW games in terms of online competency. UMvC3 is nowhere close, especially when you factor in all of the exploits running amok.

The only two fighting games I played online are arena and ultimax, I liked the lobby for the latter better.

Nimby

Banned
Heavily disagree. P4AU is up there with the other ASW games in terms of online competency. UMvC3 is nowhere close, especially when you factor in all of the exploits running amok.

ASW fighters tend to have outstanding netcode, I don't think I experienced any noticeable latency on Continuum Shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom