• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danowat

Banned
Don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but boy oh boy am I confused with P4G.

I am about 6 hours in, and I have absolutely no idea what the hells going on, the game keep chucking mechanics at me, personas, skills, social links, and I've got no idea how to proceed!!!!

I was in Yukiko's Castle (?) finished, what I thought was the main boss, but obviously wasn't, carried on, died, keep retrying and dying, obviously not levelled enough, or haven't got good enough weapons / armour.

Anyone got any tips, or a link to some sort of primer guide or something so I can get my head around the game?

mrjohill

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but boy oh boy am I confused with P4G.

I am about 6 hours in, and I have absolutely no idea what the hells going on, the game keep chucking mechanics at me, personas, skills, social links, and I've got no idea how to proceed!!!!

I was in Yukiko's Castle (?) finished, what I thought was the main boss, but obviously wasn't, carried on, died, keep retrying and dying, obviously not levelled enough, or haven't got good enough weapons / armour.

Anyone got any tips, or a link to some sort of primer guide or something so I can get my head around the game?

Have you been fusing?

danowat

Banned
If you go into the velvet room you can fuse the personas you have to get stronger ones. The velvet room is the room with the guy with the long nose

Right, tried that, says I am not high enough level to fuse the personas that I can fuse (by using the persona search?)

I don't know how much you know right now but the Before I play article on Persona 4 has some nice pointers. It doesn't really explain the game mechanics and it's not written very well but it's still worth the read.

Thanks, I'll give it a read, I am just looking for anything at the moment, feel that the game is quite overwhelming, and chucks a load of stuff at you!!!

Yeah, once you get the hang of it the game will be a lot easier, especially since you're playing P4G.

Enjoy!

DNAbro

So now Atlus has a game which should be releasing after Persona 5, but we've still seen more of it, and have an exact release date.

Well Odin Sphere is basically a remaster right? technically you could play it all right now.

but yeah we need persona 5 news asap. this is getting ridiculous if it is coming 2015.

Well Odin Sphere is basically a remaster right? technically you could play it all right now.

but yeah we need persona 5 news asap. this is getting ridiculous if it is coming 2015.

I have a good feeling it isn't coming in 2015 anymore.

Which makes the sort of rosy reputation Atlus has built up irrelevant if they can't take advantage of those glorious chance.

Gamerloid

Thanks, I'll give it a read, I am just looking for anything at the moment, feel that the game is quite overwhelming, and chucks a load of stuff at you!!!

Coming from the original, P4G is a breeze and I'm playing on Hard. Fusing is a big part of the game as others said, but you can get through it all with Izanagi and you start that path in Yukiko's dungeon. Just over do it with shuffle time. Get the sweep bonus and keep the momentum with that going. You'll see a lot of power up cards that boost stats by 1, but it all adds up. Heck, you'll even get cards that upgrades your skills, which can give Izanagi God's Hand. By the time I decided to finish the boss, my Izanagi was overpowered and enough to finish it all with him. Sadly I don't use him right now because I need to create every Persona and I want to transfer excellent skills over. Got to platinum this game.

Sophia

So I was thinking about the analyst of The Fool's Journey and how it related to the story of Persona 3. I started a writeup and got several pages done, but I forgot to back up the document when I unhooked my grandmother's old POS PC and hooked up my new one in it's place. So that was kind of a motivational killer until recently, in which I thought I might try and rewrite part of it. Maybe I'll post a quick outline real fast too of how each tarot corresponds to each event.

I would say more of a director's cut, honestly.

I'd say this applies even more to Persona 3 FES than anything, given the sheer amount of additional story material they had for P3. The club books and design works were loaded with ideas and concepts they didn't use until The Answer. It really feels like a director's cut, in a sense.

Meia

Fusing?, dare I ask what that is........

In general, the idea of "fusing" personas is meant to greatly expand the number of different personas you have access to(some you can't find in a dungeon), as well as give skills to a persona it normally wouldn't be able to have. Let's say the boss of the dungeon you're in uses fire spells(*hint*). Well, one of the personas in her castle can learn a skill called "Resist Fire", that cuts down fire damage by 50%, and will negate a persona's fire weakness(if they have one). Now, the ability is great, but on the persona it's on it isn't too good. By fusing that persona with another one, you can make the resulting one have Resist Fire.

In general when it comes to fusing, you MUST be a level equal to the starting level of that Persona, and you cannot inherit specific things in terms of spells(some personas specialize in magic for example, so you can't give them physical attacks). Social links are the other part of the idea of fusing, and you get a massive experience bonus based on what level the arcana of that social link is. As an example, Yosuke is of the Magician Arcana, and Pixie is a persona in the same Arcana. By fusing a Pixie(or any other persona in that arcana), they'll get enough experience to level up at least once right away, and up to 6 times at a max rank. In this way, you can wield personas at a higher level than the MC, which gives you access to better stats/spells earlier than you should have them.

To make things simple though, don't have your persona level be too far below your main character's level, and keep a diverse enough group of them(to both hit enemy weakness and avoid having yours hit as well).

Sophia

I'd also like to the point out that I think the movie is applying The Fool's Journey as it is to Makoto Yuuki as a character. As I'm writing this out, many of the cards carry another meaning in regards to him specifically as he is written in the movie adaptation, versus just being a representation of the journey the player will undertake.

This is most evident in the second movie regarding the Hermit. Spoilers for both this part of P3 (up to September/October) and the whole 2nd movie in general:
The Hermit is a card of introspection, of asking questions, searching for answers. In the second movie, Makoto is posed withe the problem of what will happen when the Dark Hour ends. He has found friendship, and he fears to lose it. Thus he asks himself questions over the events of the movie. Should he end the Dark Hour? Is it a good idea? Would this cost him his newfound peace and friendship in life? Would it be better to keep things as they are, to keep his friendship? These questions come to a head during the actual fight against Arcana Hermit, where Shinjiro calls him out on it. The following card in both the arcana and journey, The Wheel of Fortune, represents the events that follow. His hesitation during the October 4th event, and Shinjiro's resulting death. The time for the introspection of The Hermit is over. Fate will not wait for him. He will be reluctantly dragged forward, regardless if he has the answers.

DNAbro

so silconera did an interview with Yu Namba. most interesting part related to P5

Are you hoping that Persona 5 will touch on the same notes as the previous Persona titles in terms of themes? You know, Inaba is a countryside town but Persona 5 pits you in the middle of Tokyo.

YN: We’ll see! We will check the material as closely as possible and try to capture the essence of what the developer is trying to tell. We want to be authentic as possible.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/2...iew-with-atluss-yu-namba/#dClGWRoz7OHjyxJi.99

The "we will check" instead of "we are checking" makes me uncomfortable. Even though I'm still think they are already localizing it makes me wonder.

so silconera did an interview with Yu Namba. most interesting part related to P5

The "we will check" instead of "we are checking" makes me uncomfortable. Even though I'm still think they are already localizing it makes me wonder.

I’m not sure how it’s going to be with Persona 5 honestly, but, at least for Dancing All Night, it definitely follows the trend.

This one stood out to me too.

I mean, I know they keep saying 2015 so I shouldn't be too pessimistic, but still, doesn't sound like they're too far on with the localisation.

Weiss

Banned
Yep, no way in hell it's coming in 2015. The last official trailer publicly released was friggin' February, and they still haven't shown the PV2 trailer nearly a month after trying to stop everyone who cared from watching it.

This one stood out to me too.

I mean, I know they keep saying 2015 so I shouldn't be too pessimistic, but still, doesn't sound like they're too far on with the localisation.

My first thought when I read that was that Yu Namba wasn't working on P5, at least not as a project lead like he did for P3/P4. I'm not sure why that'd be the case, or who else at Atlus USA would do that job, but that's what came to mind.

FluxWaveZ

it had to have been somewhat recently. Would they hold on to an interview for that long?

Anything can happen. Siliconera doesn't state when this actually took place, and we don't have any reference points in the interview itself to go with other than "after February 2014" (maybe after November 2014, if those Persona Q examples at the end are an indication). It'd be worth actually freaking out about it or withholding that feeling if we actually had a concrete time to attribute this to, here.

DNAbro

Anything can happen. Siliconera doesn't state when this actually took place, and we don't have any reference points in the interview itself to go with other than "after February 2014." It'd be worth actually freaking out about it or withholding that feeling if we actually had a concrete time to attribute this to, here.

I would expect the earliest it could be dated to would be E3 time. Even then it's still incredibly odd. Still going to post about the interview though

FluxWaveZ

They talk about Dancing All Night, which Atlus only really started opening up about around E3 time, so it can't be much earlier than that.

That's true, it's not definitive, but they probably would have given very vague responses like Persona 5's concerning P4D's localization if it was before June or late March 2015.

Nimby

Banned
Winter 2015, even into next year is fine for me. When people say 2016, they immediately think a whole year later, which I hope not. I mean the earliest this game can come out is December right? January and February isn't too long to wait.

FluxWaveZ

Winter 2015, even into next year is fine for me. When people say 2016, they immediately think a whole year later, which I hope not. I mean the earliest this game can come out is December right? January and February isn't too long to wait.

How about December 2016? At some point, hoping for Q1 2016 is as hopeful as Q2-3 2016 is as pessimistic. Either could potentially work.

Nimby

Banned
How about December 2016? At some point, hoping for Q1 2016 is as hopeful as Q2-3 2016 is as pessimistic. Either could potentially work.

Ughh, it would be a grueling wait for sure. I sorta banked on getting a PS4 this year, now I guess it's just for Fallout 4 and DMC4.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I've waited this long for Last Guardian, P5 not coming this year isn't going to kill me.

Also, I'm in Europe, so I was expecting 2027 anyway.

Makio

I will continue to be delusional and believe in 2015.

Same here in both places (Japan and America) until Atlus came and says otherwise.

Im a little surprised , the translation (dub) of True Story was maybe the hard moment in a persona localization.

No wonder we never get a full version of it, still love it. Bailey nailed , the lyrics are great and is one of my favorite moments in golden , based dub.

Sophia

We don't know when that interview was conducted, though.
Anything can happen. Siliconera doesn't state when this actually took place, and we don't have any reference points in the interview itself to go with other than "after February 2014" (maybe after November 2014, if those Persona Q examples at the end are an indication). It'd be worth actually freaking out about it or withholding that feeling if we actually had a concrete time to attribute this to, here.

Ya'll should put more confidence in Flux, he's often right. :p

Hardin confirmed in the thread that the interview was conducted during E3.

Oh, all the talk of Persona 5 delays made me forget about another interesting point that article raised.

If True Story was the hardest part of localisation for Atlus, I wonder how bad it will be for Nintendo to have to do a game focused around that sort of thing

FluxWaveZ

The answer for the interview date:
Pretty much this. Also, this interview was done back during E3 - first day, I think. Still on track for 2015.
So it's what made sense.

And again, as reaffirmed by atlusprime, there's nothing in the interview that tells us what's going on. We can't be taking these vague comments or possible hints as truths... the whole Persona 5 saga is too unpredictable and crazy for that.

Weiss

Banned
So it's what made sense.

And again, as reaffirmed by atlusprime, there's nothing in the interview that tells us what's going on. We can't be taking these vague comments or possible hints as truths... the whole Persona 5 saga is too unpredictable and crazy for that.

I hope that Atlus doesn't pull this crap again with any of their other games.

FluxWaveZ

Persona 5 in famitsu tomorrow #believe

Heh, this is facetious, but something like that would probably be a dual feature with Famitsu and DPS in a week where they're both releasing.

The contents of this week's DPS issue:
Cover
Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi

Launch Feature
Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi [Basic summary + main characters + interview + info roundup]

Gameplay Feature
Final Fantasy XIV: HEAVENSWARD [It's been a month since this came out, so stuff]

Special Feature
Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book [Details of new characters and game systems + interview]

Upcoming Game Feature
Luminous Arc Infinity

Latest Info
Tokyo Xanadu

A bunch of DLC stuff
I've never heard of something called "VENUS PROJECT" until now.
If that leaves room for something like Persona 5... heh, guess we'll find out. That Atlus x Vanillaware stuff has a good chance of being one of the titles in the magazine that's not in the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom