• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Dang I just got to a boss on 25th floor and I couldn't even dent it. So what is the proper way of proceeding? Trial and error until I find bosses weakness or something else?

Did you find out it's weaknesses the first time? Surely you have an idea of what kind of worked, what didn't work, etc? Generally, it's all about figuring out a strategy with the information you know and the Personas you have and/or can fuse.

If you still can't figure it out, here's the spoiler version:
The bosses are weak to ice, drain fire, and resist or null physical attacks. Therefore, ice, electricity, and wind attacks rule the day here. You probably don't have Mitsuru yet, so Junpei will be an oddity for this fight. Try to make sure he doesn't use fire attacks on the bosses. This is a fight where the aforementioned Lilim persona comes in handy if you can get Bufu on her, but there are other options too that work. The bosses have fire attacks, physical attacks, and poison. If you're playing Persona 3 Portable, be prepared to defend if you see Fire Boost happen. If you're playing Persona 3 FES, the fusion spell Cadenza can be very useful here, but be careful using it as Orpheus and Apsaras are both at a disadvantage during the fight.

I'm actually planning to draw Aigis with my usual style, but I haven't got the time yet :x

More Aigis is always good!

I just bought Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and was wondering whether I need to play Persona 4 Arena to understand the story?

Yes, there's a $10 DLC that adds Arena's story in Ultimax. It's a direct continuation from where Arena leaves off, so you'd be confused if you hadn't played Arena's story first

Speaking of P4AU, who's excited for EVO this year?

I can't wait to see it live, especially after how good the CEO Ultimax finals were!

Plus, I'm actually going there!! If anyone else is going from here, we should meet up for a drink or bite to eat!

PK Gaming

88wOI3V.png

so who else is psyched for P4AU at evo?

Zyrox

I'm really excited for P4AU as well. CEO was quite hype (that Kanji player!) so with all the talent coming to evo it'll surely be hype as well. Just unfortunate that nobody notable plays Liz, but oh well. At least redacted is properly repped. Will also be watching what I can of USFIV and SSB4. It's gonna be awesome \o/

I'm really excited for P4AU as well. CEO was quite hype (that Kanji player!) so with all the talent coming to evo it'll surely be hype as well. Just unfortunate that nobody notable plays Liz, but oh well. At least redacted is properly repped. Will also be watching what I can of USFIV and SSB4. It's gonna be awesome \o/

CEO was fantastic. I'm really hoping there's a Souji vs. Bananaken grudge match at Evo, that'd be awesome.
The lack of Liz is as disappointing as it is expected (and warranted, honestly). A good Liz is probably my favourite to watch. Next best is Akihiko, so I'm rooting for Domi.

Same here. Only gonna watch those, UMVC3, and Smash. Don't really care that much for Street Fighter. lol.

I'm gonna watch Smash and GGXrd finals too, but that's probably the extent of it. Trying to watch everything at Evo is just impossible, haha. Something for everyone though!

Lunar15

In some ways, the lack of information on P5 is a blessing. I was worried I wouldn't be able to go on a media blackout, but Atlus is kind of doing it for me at this point. If they had dumped a ton of info on us this early, I probably would have gone insane.

Kozmos

In some ways, the lack of information on P5 is a blessing. I was worried I wouldn't be able to go on a media blackout, but Atlus is kind of doing it for me at this point. If they had dumped a ton of info on us this early, I probably would have gone insane.
This is exactly how I feel. I just don't have the self control.

I'll completely agree once there's a release date. Without that though, I'm finding it hard to get excited about playing it any time soon.

artsi

I think it's nice too, but I'm also expecting more info when we approach the release.

Wondering if the next Famitsu contains the release date. Honestly I expected to get the JP date already, 1-2 weeks after P4D release, but they're really stretching it.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I dont really care, I just dont want to know who the final boss is or who the extended party members are.

hughesta

Banned
I just want a release date for NA, hopefully not too far after the JP release. As long as I have a date in my head I can avoid any other information fairly easily.

Watching Aigis and Labrys players kind of motivates me to try Ultimax again, but only if it were convenient for me. Don't really have the room to squeeze a PS3 into my set-up, i have to unplug and move stuff out of the way to hook it up on my current setup

Weiss

Banned
Anyone thinking they'll keep quiet on P5 until TGS? If they do, then I don't think it's coming out in 2015. That's way too late to start promoting, even for a December release.

I think that it will hit 2015 in Japan at the very least, if that's the case then they probably can't keep quiet until TGS.

I'm still expecting either a famitsu article or a website update in the next few weeks.

FluxWaveZ

Anyone thinking they'll keep quiet on P5 until TGS? If they do, then I don't think it's coming out in 2015. That's way too late to start promoting, even for a December release.

One thing I think you should keep in mind when it comes to Persona 5 and which has been proven time and time again, ever since it was revealed nearly two years ago: defenestrate conventional thinking.

arue

I'm thinking that they'll announce the release date on TGS with a new trailer.
If they do, the only month P5 will come out in is December. It also should be a simultaneous release (<1 week) because they would have only 3 month to promote the game for both regions.

I can't see it being any other way if they decided to be quiet until TGS.

The only thing that we should expect is countdowns, lots and lots of countdowns. I'm not sure Atlus will be able to release Persona 5 without doing at least 3 more countdowns.

I'm sticking with my guess that there will be a magazine feature the week of August 9th, which will announce a December release date (in Japan). They'll probably have a significant trailer at TGS, but they won't be quiet on it until then.

The only thing that we should expect is countdowns, lots and lots of countdowns. I'm not sure Atlus will be able to release Persona 5 without doing at least 3 more countdowns.

I think we're past the countdowns by now. I'm not sure what they'd even countdown to, but I'm sure they could think of something if they really wanted. So change that, I really hope we're past countdowns by now.

daevious

I think we're past the countdowns by now. I'm not sure what they'd even countdown to, but I'm sure they could think of something if they really wanted. So change that, I really hope we're past countdowns by now.

One thing I think you should keep in mind when it comes to Persona 5 and which has been proven time and time again, ever since it was revealed nearly two years ago: defenestrate conventional thinking.

Can't wait for Persona 5: Countdown All Year

Sophia

The EVO 2015 matches were way better than the 2013 ones, that's for sure. Every game was amazing, and Superboy's final match was on par with Yume's.

PK Gaming

THE DREAM IS DEAD

Margaret's Cinderella comeback was stopped cold... underwhelming final aside, it was a fantastic top 8. Filled with so many twists and turns. Margaret vs Aigis was the highlight:

CKKbdeMUsAACcyg.jpg

Olengie

Shame Bananaken and LordKnight got taken offscreen.

I was pretty satisfied with Ultimax Evo this year, despite some technical difficulties. And damn, Superboy's match was awesome.

Now to tune in on Catherine tomorrow.

Setsu00

Apparently, Atlus sends you an actual letter along with some goodies if your question makes it into Persona Stalker Club.

CKKlc7HUAAAgNl4.jpg

This one was sent to a Korean fan whose question was featured in last month's episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom