• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

daevious

Apparently, Atlus sends you an actual letter along with some goodies if your question makes it into Persona Stalker Club.

CKKlc7HUAAAgNl4.jpg

This one was sent to a Korean fan whose question was featured in last month's episode.

That's actually a really sweet gesture from them, good to see.

cj_iwakura

I need to dig up some Catherine hype gifs for the 2PM tourney. I expect everyone in this thread to turn up for the stream. Literally everyone who has ever posted here, I'll cross-reference as needed.

It's gonna be biblical.

Dugna

man people getting really into catherine tournament, makes me feel bad I can barley beat the game on easy....

Also random thought I had today but I hope for a male navigator in P5, and not a intermediate one like teddie.

Makio

Also random thought I had today but I hope for a male navigator in P5, and not a intermediate one like teddie.

Nah if i have to hear someone stating the obvious in every battle , give me a cute girl like in the past 2 games or no navigator at all seems i never see the point of have them besides point out enemy weakness.
Or Rise breaking the game
in Golden

But in other hand im hoping for a Male singer in the Persona 5 soundtrack to be honest.

Dugna

Nah if i have to hear someone stating the obvious in every battle , give me a cute girl like in the past 2 games or no navigator at all seems i never see the point of have them besides point out enemy weakness.
Or Rise breaking the game
in Golden

But in other hand im hoping for a Male singer in the Persona 5 soundtrack to be honest.

like how there was lotus juice? Dunno again I wouldn't mind a suave man telling me stuff.

Makio

Forgot Travis Willingham. Kirk Thornton too, I think.

And Narukami / Adachi VA : Johhny Yong Bosch as one of the bar clients.

That's i love of Catherine english cast , is basically a Persona VA cast.

And the fun fact both lovers Catherine and Katherine are voiced for "Lovers Arcana" voice actrees Bailey (Rise) and Ruff (Yukari).

Sophia

man people getting really into catherine tournament, makes me feel bad I can barley beat the game on easy....

I propose no navigator instead and simply make the characters more chatty in response.

And the fun fact both lovers Catherine and Katherine are voiced for "Lovers Arcana" voice actrees Bailey (Rise) and Ruff (Yukari).

Their respective characters are quite similar to their 'Lovers' characters.
Poor Laura Bailey still gets saddled with the creepy obsessive one.
:p

Makio

Their respective characters are quite similar to their 'Lovers' characters.
Poor Laura Bailey still gets saddled with the creepy obsessive one.
:p

and Ruff is the "bitchy attitude" one hahahaha

I actually love Rise over Yukari anytime , but in Catherine i prefer Katherine over the C one. (But i love Catherine design , one of the best of Soejima).

and Ruff is the "bitchy attitude" one hahahaha

I actually love Rise over Yukari anytime , but in Catherine i prefer Katherine over the C one. (But i love Catherine design , one of the best of Soejima).

I can respect that.
The Persona optionion, I mean. The Katherine>Catherine one, I straight up agree with you on. :p

cj_iwakura

The dub for Catherine was great, but the JP one is on a whole other level. Sailor Moon herself was Katherine; Kotono Mitsuishi. Goddess tier.

Hard to live up to that. And yeah, the stream was godlike. I hope it gets the scene going, but it's a hard sell. I've tried in SoFla, but no one's taken me up on my efforts yet.

Hey guys, I'm looking for an interview of guys from Atlus explaining why the Persona games are set in hightschool. Does anyone have it ?

Kaz and Okada had an interview explaining that IS and EP were meant to be two sides of the coin. In IS you have a single adult(for the most part), in EP you have a single teenager.

Shame that era is gone now.

Kaz and Okada had an interview explaining that IS and EP were meant to be two sides of the coin. In IS you have a single adult(for the most part), in EP you have a single teenager.

Shame that era is gone now.

http://www.1up.com/features/in-character speaking of which. Kaneko touches on that in the Ulala section of this feature, which I was just reading. As a warning, it contains spoilers for Persona 1, 2, and SMT II

Does the Blu-ray count as dread?

But really, that's a pretty cool thing to have. How many episode are in one volume?

Considering how much I paid for it, though know that it's still cheaper than the JP release, there's a bit of dread there yeah. Oh and unlike the JP release, it has eps. 1-6 in Vol. 1.

Lol. Volume 1

That Rightstuf kindly sent to me early before it's official release date... 😄

danthefan

P4G question - I've managed to let Chie fall way behind in terms of levels compared to everyone else. Is it important to get her back up to scratch or can I just ignore her as a dungeon party member?

Kazzy

P4G question - I've managed to let Chie fall way behind in terms of levels compared to everyone else. Is it important to get her back up to scratch or can I just ignore her as a dungeon party member?

You can actually just put her back into the party (if you want to use her), and she will level back towards the rest of the party quickly. It was never a hard thing to do anyway, but P4G just streamlines grinding even more.

That said, there's a long time where Chie is pretty superfluous (after the first few dungeons), and I find her to not be versatile enough to keep in my party. Even then, I much prefer Kanji as my designated hard-hitter. I'm not saying you'll suffer for using her, but she doesn't learn most of her useful stuff until much later.

FluxWaveZ

Uh... why isn't it listed though? It certainly had more of a presence than Legend of Legacy or Stella Glow. What's the criteria/purpose of that list?

The criteria is something I could look into, but the answer is simply because it's Persona 5. Weird omissions like that and, again, not being at all what (or where) you expect it to be should pretty much be expected by now.

The criteria is something I could look into, but the answer is simply because it's Persona 5. Weird omissions like that and, again, not being at all what (or where) you expect it to be should pretty much be expected by now.

Well, I certainly wasn't surprised by its omission, I'll give you that. But usually there's at least some kind of logic when P5 doesn't show, even if it's not particularly good logic. This one just confuses me, but it doesn't matter too much in the long run.

I'm looking forward to have to stand in front of a dark mirror and say "Take my heart" five times to get a release date.

Makio

Yep, just notes and character/BG artwork. Granted, I did mostly buy the series for the soundtracks.

I can related with that , i have the soundtrack and have surprise have amazing instrumental tracks i simply didnt notice in the episodes .

And songs are great too like Ying Yang and Dazzling Smile (which for some reason i dig more the Kana Hanazawa version than the Shihoko version).

Maybe because i dont like Shihoko that much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom