• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Teddie. That's…one of my least favorite characters.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

First, I kinda think they've completely ruined Theo between Persona Q and Ultimax. In P3P he's a bit of a show-off, but he's also got charm and suave to balance out his naivete. Yet now he's JUST the trash bin for the Velvet girls to dump on. I mean, I get that his development in P3P has to be deleted because we have to appease the fanatics who demand that FeMC never be allowed to exist, but it's had the added effect of emphasizing what was once a background aspect of his character into being the overwhelming majority of it. The only time we even saw a shade of the Theo we see in P3P was during his brief conversations with Labrys.
Theo's new character seems like another case of taking from fans who invent things.

Username gave me Namatame.
Matt gave me Yukiko.
Full Name gave me Chidori.

So...... I'm a existential angst ridden, well meaning kidnapper who feels caged into a way of life that has been chosen for me?

I'm not sure I'm OK with any of that.........

Edit: Oh yeah, my real name is Matt. Some of you will have known that, others wont have.

I got Jin with my real name. I'm ashamed to say it took me a few seconds to remember who he even was.

My username meanwhile got me Akihiko, who I like, so I'm pretty OK with that.

Makio

Makio is Ryoji.
First name is Nanako
Full Name is Junpei

Random as fuck ...

If you put Persona names in this...

Rise Kujikawa is Margaret.
Mitsuru Kirijo is Rise.
Chihiro is Igor.
Ai Ebihara is Ken.

Seems legit

CorvoSol

Persona 3 Portable

Finished Persona 3 Portable again. Which means technically speaking I've beaten the game 4 times. Which also makes it my most played Persona game, hahahaha. Weird how that works out.

Anyway, I love the game. Yes, the presentation is subpar, and yes, it doesn't include The Answer and is also the easiest version of Persona 3 available, but I still love it. And I'm not denying most of that is for the Female route, but I think the simulplay of the Male route helps me to articulate why.

Female route feels terribly wasted. Which is to say, it has its own characters, music, visuals, and sheds a new light on numerous members of P3's already established cast. A much needed light, I'd argue, but that's beyond the point. It's impressive just how well they managed to differentiate two silent protagonists. I mean, we all know Silent Protagonists don't have the most personality to them, but the way the entire Female route is laid out to establish it as different and unique plays into this, reinforcing the difference between the two. In a way, the two routes define one another by their contrasts, when their protagonists aren't being defined by their interactions with the characters and world around them.

And to sort of just throw it all away afterward feels like a terrible waste. I'm not just talking about FeMC or her plot, though. I think Theo is so far the only aspect to be brought over. I don't think a single song from her route played at any point in either Arena game, her Persona didn't even get to be DLC for Q, and I don't think any of her social links show up in any way now. The best I can think of is that Ken is playing soccer in Arena, which he told her was something he wanted to do in the future
on his cop-out essay).

I dunno, I just feel like there's a lot of material and effort that's sort of sadly left to the wayside.

HEADCANON ALERT: FeMC and Shinjiro flee to a tropical island on the last day or something while Theo runs interference on his sisters so they don't notice or something. I dunno. I can't let go because I am a worthless fanboy

All told, I like P3's central theme a lot, but I feel much the same as I did when I first finished the game: too much time is spent on nothing, leaving the game insanely backloaded. This is exacerbated by the fact that two-to-three really good Social Links are unavailable until the final two months of the game. Months which are extremely busy on their own.

I finally got the Ryoji Mochizuki Social Link done, as well as the Chidori life saving, making FeMC route basically the Good End for the game this time, haha. Ryoji's SLink is incredibly demanding, but I really did like it. He's not really on par with most of the other husbandos in the game in my book, but it really helps to flesh him out as a foil for Aigis.

Chidori's revival feels sort of lacking in impact. I mean, Junpei reacts much the way he should, but just her whole memory loss coupled with the lack of her presence at the end of the game.

And a final FUCK YOU JUNPEI WHY WOULD YOU TURN ME DOWN.

Now, a year after I began my Persona journey, it's time to restart Persona 4 Golden.

So, uhh, guys, I think I just accidentally stumbled on a new design and template for the official Atlus U.S.A. website. I was doing some work, and wanted to check the Games section of the site, as it had to do with the work I was doing. Instead of typing "games.php" I typed "games" and it lead me to this site, which is apparently built on WordPress.

The link to the games section of Atlus U.S.A.'s official site is http://atlus.com/games.php (Note the ".php" Atlus U.S.A.'s official site is built off of PHP web code, hence the ".php" on the end of nearly every URL on their site)

Instead, I forgot to type the .php and it lead me to this.

Take a look: http://atlus.com/games/

Now, by looking at it, it's definitely recent, as most posts are from December 2014. It's definitely unfinished, as you can still see usernames on posts, a page labeled "Sample Page" and an unfinished slider, which is probably made to look similar to their current slider.

The ATLUS logo on the site was uploaded in December, so this was probably started last month. Theme is called ATLUS, so it's their own theme, using elements of other themes, which is usual for most WordPress sites. The "home" page is http://atlus.com/sandbox/ which further proves this is a work-in-progress.

I believe they're making this site to look more like the Japanese corporate site, which is also built on WordPress, and uses a white theme with a similar template, although it is a little different.

So, it looks like I really am becoming the detective of PersonaGAF, as I keep finding all of these ATLUS things. What does everyone think of this discovery?

Squire

Banned
So, uhh, guys, I think I just accidentally stumbled on a new design and template for the official Atlus U.S.A. website. I was doing some work, and wanted to check the Games section of the site, as it had to do with the work I was doing. Instead of typing "games.php" I typed "games" and it lead me to this site, which is apparently built on WordPress.

The link to the games section of Atlus U.S.A.'s official site is http://atlus.com/games.php (Note the ".php" Atlus U.S.A.'s official site is built off of PHP web code, hence the ".php" on the end of nearly every URL on their site)

Instead, I forgot to type the .php and it lead me to this.

Take a look: http://atlus.com/games/

Now, by looking at it, it's definitely recent, as most posts are from December 2014. It's definitely unfinished, as you can still see usernames on posts, a page labeled "Sample Page" and an unfinished slider, which is probably made to look similar to their current slider.

The ATLUS logo on the site was uploaded in December, so this was probably started last month. Theme is called ATLUS, so it's their own theme, using elements of other themes, which is usual for most WordPress sites. The "home" page is http://atlus.com/sandbox/ which further proves this is a work-in-progress.

I believe they're making this site to look more like the Japanese corporate site, which is also built on WordPress, and uses a white theme with a similar template, although it is a little different.

So, it looks like I really am becoming the detective of PersonaGAF, as I keep finding all of these ATLUS things. What does everyone think of this discovery?

I always make sure to check this thread when you're the most recent post. Good work!

Sophia

I think I like the new version of the site better so far, especially because it fills my screen and looks pleasing to the eye. :p

The current Atlus USA site has a ton of wasted space.

arue

Username gave me Elizabeth.
Real name gave me Teddie.

I'm ok with this.

I don't know if this discovery would reveal hidden info in the future or not, but I think it's fine to keep an eye on it.

I think that Naoto avatar does show that you are a detective :p

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I think I like the new version of the site better so far, especially because it fills my screen and looks pleasing to the eye. :p

The current Atlus USA site has a ton of wasted space.

The current site still looks like a website designed in the early 2000s, so yeah, totally time to update that.

MD has to be a mole.

PK Gaming

Persona 3 Portable

And to sort of just throw it all away afterward feels like a terrible waste. I'm not just talking about FeMC or her plot, though. I think Theo is so far the only aspect to be brought over. I don't think a single song from her route played at any point in either Arena game, her Persona didn't even get to be DLC for Q, and I don't think any of her social links show up in any way now. The best I can think of is that Ken is playing soccer in Arena, which he told her was something he wanted to do in the future
on his cop-out essay).

Actually, Danger Zone played in P4A, and a ton of songs specific to her route made into P4AU (as DLC...). It's not just her song; some development from P3P is carried over to future games. Like Shinji's characterization in Persona Q is entirely based on his FeMC route self, and I think Akihiko occasionally mentions a store he used to frequent from the FeMC route.

But aside from that, I know what you mean. I can't quite put my finger on it. Like, I never expected her to be in Persona Q, and what not, but I still shake this feeling of melancholy. Maybe it's because i'm afraid that Atlus will never revisit the concept of a FeMC route again. There's no chance we'll have one in the vanilla launch, but I really want one to be included in the inevitable remake of P5.

You really shouldn't work backwards and let spinoffs color your enjoyment of the source games, Corvo.

I do wish there was a way to get it into Atlus's head that a sex option is the way to go for future Persona games, but I'm not sure how to go about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom