• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

So what IS the story behind your tag?

zombie-burn.gif

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I've started playing PQ. Four hours in and I'm on the second floor of the first dungeon. Methinks this might take a while.

Dawg

So uhm, I've finally bought a PSTV with P4G and I'm wondering how I should start this game.

Never played Persona before. No idea what difficulty I need to pick. Etc.

Meia

So uhm, I've finally bought a PSTV with P4G and I'm wondering how I should start this game.

Depends how familiar you are with RPGs in general probably. P4G is probably one of, if not the, easiest Persona games, so normal isn't a bad idea. Failing that, easy also works. The main problem with the game is it doesn't explain the systems in it very well. Best I could tell you to would be to jump in and enjoy, and if you need something explained as it pops up, feel free to ask about it. :)

Dawg

Depends how familiar you are with RPGs in general probably. P4G is probably one of, if not the, easiest Persona games, so normal isn't a bad idea. Failing that, easy also works. The main problem with the game is it doesn't explain the systems in it very well. Best I could tell you to would be to jump in and enjoy, and if you need something explained as it pops up, feel free to ask about it. :)

I'm pretty good with RPGs. Played a lot of them throughout the years, just not much on the highest difficulties :p

Meia

I'm pretty good with RPGs. Played a lot of them throughout the years, just not much on the highest difficulties :p

Then I'd go with normal. Hard is probably too much on a first play through with an unfamiliar battle system, even if the game is very front loaded in terms of it's difficulty.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the battle system isn't all that complicated(hit an enemy's weakness, the character gets another turn, enemy hits your weakness, enemy gets another turn), but a lot of the battles are about the prep work beforehand(getting different personas with different skills to hit different weaknesses while trying not to get whacked by an enemy hitting yours) rather than fights being too hard.

To that end, the best advice I'd probably give you is to keep your main character's personas current. The party members you'll get only have their Persona's level, while the MC has his own level and then equips different Personas(these equipped Personas have their own level and earn their own experience). Since the MC's personas usually take 2.5x the amount of experience to level than the regular party member's do, it's easy to find yourself getting whalloped without knowing why when your party is lv25 and you're using a lv15 Persona.

Still, something like this is not something you'll probably have to worry about even in your first dozen hours of game, so just have fun. :)

CorvoSol

Here's the more recent one

Boy, Persona characters must really blow chunks if they keep losing to self-inserts.

Warms my crusty heart to know TATS-MAN still places so highly. I wouldn't be surprised if these inserts are so high on the virtue of their designs.

Yosuke's position is merited given how big a character he is in P4. Arena's manga even took his route, haha. Naoto's the real surprise to mre, even though she has a book now.

Dantis

Play on normal. Don't use a social link guide. Don't worry about mis-managing your time, just enjoy yourself.

DNAbro

Play on normal. Don't use a social link guide. Don't worry about mis-managing your time, just enjoy yourself.

Seriously this. Just relax and play, the deadlines are easy to meet. Also make sure to fuse your personas, even if you think you don't really need to. Fusing is better than leveling them up by battling.

Speaking of Max S.link guides, I used one for the trophies on P4G.

What trophies do you think there will be for P5 and P4DAN?

P5 will more than likely have story progression, compendium completion, and S.Link ones (provided they return), but what else could they put in there that wouldnt feel like a repeat from P4G?

And as for P4DAN, I have no idea what those trophies are going to be like. I would assume some for story, some for score, but other than that, not a clue.

Any thoughts?

Finally! Like others have said, take your time and enjoy the ride. You might feel overwhelmed with the rules of the world at first (juggling events, school, dungeons, all within a fixed calendar) but remember you can always be doing something productive with your time -- be it social linking with your bro, doing a part-time job, or just scarfing a beef bowl downtown.

Also, remember to take a matching persona with you on S. Links. For example, take a Magician arcana persona when you hang out with Yosuke. It'll help speed along the S. Link process. That's kind of an important thing that I'm not sure the game really stresses.

Anyway, I'm so excited for you to dive in! Keep us posted on your progress here or on twitter! Enjoy Dawgson~!

P5 will more than likely have story progression, compendium completion, and S.Link ones (provided they return), but what else could they put in there that wouldnt feel like a repeat from P4G?

My guess is a lot of stuff about little odds and ends about town, similar to the beef bowl trophy from Aiya or the fishing trophy. What exactly you'll have to do will depend on what's in P5's world guess.

And as for P4DAN, I have no idea what those trophies are going to be like. I would assume some for story, some for score, but other than that, not a clue.

Any thoughts?

Probably trophies for clearing songs on the different difficulties, and for getting the bonus on every track. If it's like the Project Diva games then they'll be a lot tied to item unlocks and DIVA mode equivalent stuff, although I never really touched that aspect when I played them, so I don't really know how those work. Although since it's just Atlus working on it now, it could end up being quite a bit different from those games.

Why is there some weird notion that Square is notorious for terrible DLC?

Final Fantasy XIII-2 was pretty bad for it.

Makio

Talking about Dancing all night ,I hope it can make it before P5

if that is still posible.

------------
Keeping my faith in a May / June Japanese release of P5.

But i see Dancing making a release after that if P5 make a early 2015 debut.

Welcome Dawg. Don't worry too much about difficulty, just take your time and enjoy the game. It'll be way easier to get full completion on your second play through.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Probably trophies for clearing songs on the different difficulties, and for getting the bonus on every track. If it's like the Project Diva games then they'll be a lot tied to item unlocks and DIVA mode equivalent stuff, although I never really touched that aspect when I played them, so I don't really know how those work. Although since it's just Atlus working on it now, it could end up being quite a bit different from those games.

People couldn't handle it if they bought over an equivalent to the Diva Room. People would see no more of the game than that, spending as much time as possible just stroking Chie's face.

CorvoSol

I'm just saying I'd spend actual dollars on Koromaru DLC. Because the man who animates a dog dancing sick dance moves deserves extra dollars. And because the only way to make Koromaru's character premise any sillier is to add the phrase "does sick dance moves" to "psychic albino shiba inu who fights the shadowy embodiment of human mental juice with a knife."

I'm just saying I'd spend actual dollars on Koromaru DLC. Because the man who animates a dog dancing sick dance moves deserves extra dollars. And because the only way to make Koromaru's character premise any sillier is to add the phrase "does sick dance moves" to "psychic albino shiba inu who fights the shadowy embodiment of human mental juice with a knife."
I'm imagining Koromaru doing this.

Speaking of Max S.link guides, I used one for the trophies on P4G.

What trophies do you think there will be for P5 and P4DAN?

Any thoughts?

Hardcore Risette fan 2: Now with more frustration

CorvoSol

Hardcore Risette fan 2: Now with more frustration

I got this trophy my first playthrough without even knowing it existed, hahaha.

Persona Q, Evil Spirit Club, Floor 3

Yukiko correctly points out that after Senpai, Kanji and Rise have the most chemistry with each other.

PK Gaming

I got this trophy my first playthrough without even knowing it existed, hahaha.

Persona Q, Evil Spirit Club, Floor 3

Yukiko correctly points out that after Senpai, Kanji and Rise have the most chemistry with each other.

I was literally dancing with joy when I got to that segment

Hehe, I remember when I was seriously arguing against someone who didn't believe that was the case

Atlus's got my back

CorvoSol

I was literally dancing with joy when I got to that segment

Hehe, I remember when I was seriously arguing against someone who didn't believe that was the case

Atlus's got my back

I also felt a good deal of joy in Persona 4 Golden when Ms. Sofue said "I don't know how much the rest of you know about history (I'm an expert)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom