• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

You really shouldn't work backwards and let spinoffs color your enjoyment of the source games, Corvo.

I do wish there was a way to get it into Atlus's head that a sex option is the way to go for future Persona games, but I'm not sure how to go about that.

Hadn't meant for it to be phrased like that, but point taken. Persona 3 is still my second favorite of the mainline games.

If they remade it with all of FES and Portable's content, I'd be all over it.

PK, I didn't realize Dangerzone got played or that Ultimax even had DLC tracks, hahaha.

Restarted P4G. Noteworthy to me is how much Yosuke's ability to talk with girls has improved by Ultimax. He manages to make some idle small talk with Mitsuru about her coat and as noted he comes across as almost smooth with Labrys. The first time Yosuke talks to Yukiko in P4 he's cradling his balls and being all "oh you are worried about me Yukiko?" He obviously still kinda sucks with women, but it is nice to see that his character has grown in that regard considerably.

MSMrRound

So what made Atlus think P5 was going to come out Winter 2014?

It's 2015 and we've seen one teaser trailer.

Obligatory "Winter 2014 in Japan's case, refers to the period between December 2014 till February 2015" post.

Also, it's quite possible to think that with the game coming out on the PS4 as well, most likely it would have been delayed from the initial planned date. Well, there's that Persona concert coming up in February. We might find out some more details about the game there.

So what made Atlus think P5 was going to come out Winter 2014?

It's 2015 and we've seen one teaser trailer.

Winter 2014 could have gone up to February 2015, and we don't know how long it will be between the first proper trailer and the games release, Break Record's release is only about 3 months after they started the serious marketing push. In theory Persona 5 could release as early as May, which would only be about a 3 month delay. Of course, that's the most optimistic view, but other games have been delayed more than that, look at Arkham Knights 9 month delay.

Vylash

I do wish there was a way to get it into Atlus's head that a sex option is the way to go for future Persona games, but I'm not sure how to go about that.

It's sure as hell not the way to go, sex isn't needed in Persona at all, it's already kind of implied as it is, let's just leave it at that

Actually, Danger Zone played in P4A, and a ton of songs specific to her route made into P4AU (as DLC...). It's not just her song; some development from P3P is carried over to future games. Like Shinji's characterization in Persona Q is entirely based on his FeMC route self, and I think Akihiko occasionally mentions a store he used to frequent from the FeMC route.

But aside from that, I know what you mean. I can't quite put my finger on it. Like, I never expected her to be in Persona Q, and what not, but I still shake this feeling of melancholy. Maybe it's because i'm afraid that Atlus will never revisit the concept of a FeMC route again. There's no chance we'll have one in the vanilla launch, but I really want one to be included in the inevitable remake of P5.

do we have any idea of how well FeMC was received in japan?

Actually, Danger Zone played in P4A, and a ton of songs specific to her route made into P4AU (as DLC...). It's not just her song; some development from P3P is carried over to future games. Like Shinji's characterization in Persona Q is entirely based on his FeMC route self, and I think Akihiko occasionally mentions a store he used to frequent from the FeMC route.

But aside from that, I know what you mean. I can't quite put my finger on it. Like, I never expected her to be in Persona Q, and what not, but I still shake this feeling of melancholy. Maybe it's because i'm afraid that Atlus will never revisit the concept of a FeMC route again. There's no chance we'll have one in the vanilla launch, but I really want one to be included in the inevitable remake of P5.

I don't see why they wouldn't revisit the idea again. The fact that they did it in the first place shows that they're open to the idea. I think the best way to do it would just be to have a female MC from the start though, that way the entire game can be written with a female MC in mind.

I think she still ranks in the top 20 whenever Japan has one of their "favorite character" polls or whatever. Still lowest modern persona MC though...

Yeah, but Junpei and Kanji barely even rank in those polls, so they're less canon than FemC in my eyes!

EMT0

Banned
I think by sex, he meant gender, not intercourse.

At least that's what the preceding conversation about P3P led me to believe.

Going on a tangent off of that, I'm all for striking down waifus and husbandos. Forever. I'd be glad if Atlus got rid of dating entirely from Persona.

Vylash

I think by sex, he meant gender, not intercourse.

At least that's what the preceding conversation about P3P led me to believe.

ah, guess i misinterpreted, i'm all for female protags

Going on a tangent off of that, I'm all for striking down waifus and husbandos. Forever. I'd be glad if Atlus got rid of dating entirely from Persona.

you'll take my waifus from me when you pry them from my cold dead hands

They could get rid of it but the waifu wars will last FOREVER

Yup, even if there were no romance options whatsoever, people would still waifuify and husbandinate the characters.

Plus romance/crushes/whatever are just a part of life, and since these games now take place over a proper period of time, it usually fits quite well.

I suppose the one thing I ask is for branching routes on s.links rather than just having a delay if you choose wrongly. So option A leads to path A, option B to path B etc.

Granted this would be a lot more work on Atlus' part, but still, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility.

Makio

So option A leads to path A, option B to path B etc.

Like Catherine in a grand scale ,

one thing i love to see is if a party member is really upset with you (reverse social link) they simple doesnt go with you to the dungeon , fuck you leader.

Persona 4 have a little dialogue lines when if a Party member has a reversed SL they simple no talk to Narukami , i like to see that to the next level.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Persona 4 have a little dialogue lines when if a Party member has a reversed SL they simple no talk to Narukami , i like to see that to the next level.

I had no idea you could even reverse links in P4.

One thing I really enjoyed about going back and playing P3 was that I'd forgotten how much friction there is within the group, particularly between Junpei and MC early on in the game. It was only after seeing it again, having played through Golden relatively recently, that I understood why 'Nanako sure is cute, we're all swell guys and gals, lets make a cake' tone of P4 got so many people mad.

Xenoflare

I had no idea you could even reverse links in P4.

One thing I really enjoyed about going back and playing P3 was that I'd forgotten how much friction there is within the group, particularly between Junpei and MC early on in the game. It was only after seeing it again, having played through Golden relatively recently, that I understood why 'Nanako sure is cute, we're all swell guys and gals, lets make a cake' tone of P4 got so many people mad.

IIRC there is only
one possible s.link reverse, and that is Naoto, the trigger for it is very obvious. Not counting Ai since she's not playable

The reverse links for the other links actually are for debug purposes only, a message that is akin to "you are not supposed to see this during normal gameplay" if triggered by reverse engineering.

PK Gaming

She placed twelfth out of 20, ahead of Mitsuru, Koromaru, Akihiko, Elizabeth, Tatsuya Suou, Yukari, Chidori and Kanji, in that order.

At least, according to http://i.imgur.com/t3KOi.jpg this.

Here's the more recent one

2345643.jpg

Boy, Persona characters must really blow chunks if they keep losing to self-inserts.

Xenoflare

Here's the more recent one

Boy, Persona character's must really blow chunks if they keep losing to self-inserts.

Oh hey this is the first time I've seen this one, the one I remember with the highest raw votes was the one with Yu at 1st place with 400 something votes.

Look at those people below Teddie, what the actual ffffffff.

muh Liz Shinji and Koro

MITSURU LOST TO TEDDIE, THIS WORLD DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ANYMORE.

FeMC lol aww.

Makio

How Yosuke is that popular.

I prefer Junpei over him anytime

o
MITSURU LOST TO TEDDIE, THIS WORLD DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ANYMORE.

This X 1000.

No love for P3 that hurts me badly , i prefer SEES forever that's the main reason i play Ultimax / Q for the comeback of the P3 cast

Xenoflare

How Yosuke is that popular.

I prefer Junpei over him anytime.

No love for P3 that hurts me badly , i prefer SEES forever that's the main reason i play Ultimax / Q for the comeback of the P3 cast

I hated Junpei at first, but over time he became one of my favorite character.

and yes, I prefer him over Yosuke too, I feel that Junpei's character is a bit more realistic than Yosuke, but I don't have any "objective" evidence to back it up per say, call it a hunch.

I use the P3 cast for PQ, until I realized that Junpei sadly has piss poor stats and Naoto is broken. Also that one quest from Marge made me use P4 protag.

Makio

I dont get Yosuke even over the P4 cast.
He a Junpei copycat and doesnt have a great history like DA Man.
His Shadow is most generic and boring of all (minus Mitsuo)
His Social Link is boring (Saki Senpai , Saki Senpai , Saki Senpai .. punch me because i am loser to you)
His story in Arena sucks , no do a shit in Ultimax.

Yosuke sucks for god sake

Xenoflare

His Social Link is boring (Saki Senpai , Saki Senpai , Saki Senpai .. punch me because i am loser to you)

My major problem is that there is no build up for the player to see Yosuke's crush on Saki, I cannot bring myself to be sympathetic.

Now, I'm not saying Chidori and Junpei is miles better but at least there was some build up.

Saki was there solely as a trigger for the main cast to be concerned with this whole Midnight Channel thing, and yes, Chidori was there as a trigger for Junpei's character development and his ultimate persona, but at least it was more convincing to me.

But I do like Yosuke as a character, just not as much as da man.

Tamanon

Banned
I dunno, I love Junpei, but Yosuke's S. Link isn't that bad. It's pretty good at laying out his habit of covering up his emotions until it finally breaks down.

PK Gaming

Bahaha, what? How in the world did Tatsuya beat out Yukari?

10367178_290318584472815_7772735753069716868_n.png

Yukari ain't shit

gWnu9ly.jpg

Meia

Going to guess Junpei's jealous overtones for a bit of his story is what did the damage to him over there? Who knows. It's somewhat neat to see another region's thoughts on characters though. It's hard to count Yu as a "stand-in" anymore with all the stuff portraying him now(arena games, the 2 anime), and I guess Makoto is the same with 2 movies and a 3rd coming out soon, but I think some of these polls happened before these and they were still popular, so /shrug.

Teddie ahead of most of both casts though, mascots must be popular too. :p

Jintor

Exactly, he's the most relatable for everybody \o/

Tamanon

Banned
Basically, to get a tag change, you have to do something incredible.

Incredible, in this case, can mean "Incredibly awesome" or "Incredibly stupid" :p

In my case, I gave myself the tag back when I was a mod and it just carried over, with someone adding the link to it later, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom