• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

Then I'd go with normal. Hard is probably too much on a first play through with an unfamiliar battle system, even if the game is very front loaded in terms of it's difficulty.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the battle system isn't all that complicated(hit an enemy's weakness, the character gets another turn, enemy hits your weakness, enemy gets another turn), but a lot of the battles are about the prep work beforehand(getting different personas with different skills to hit different weaknesses while trying not to get whacked by an enemy hitting yours) rather than fights being too hard.

To that end, the best advice I'd probably give you is to keep your main character's personas current. The party members you'll get only have their Persona's level, while the MC has his own level and then equips different Personas(these equipped Personas have their own level and earn their own experience). Since the MC's personas usually take 2.5x the amount of experience to level than the regular party member's do, it's easy to find yourself getting whalloped without knowing why when your party is lv25 and you're using a lv15 Persona.

Still, something like this is not something you'll probably have to worry about even in your first dozen hours of game, so just have fun. :)

Play on normal. Don't use a social link guide. Don't worry about mis-managing your time, just enjoy yourself.

Finally! Like others have said, take your time and enjoy the ride. You might feel overwhelmed with the rules of the world at first (juggling events, school, dungeons, all within a fixed calendar) but remember you can always be doing something productive with your time -- be it social linking with your bro, doing a part-time job, or just scarfing a beef bowl downtown.

Also, remember to take a matching persona with you on S. Links. For example, take a Magician arcana persona when you hang out with Yosuke. It'll help speed along the S. Link process. That's kind of an important thing that I'm not sure the game really stresses.

Anyway, I'm so excited for you to dive in! Keep us posted on your progress here or on twitter! Enjoy Dawgson~!

Welcome Dawg. Don't worry too much about difficulty, just take your time and enjoy the game. It'll be way easier to get full completion on your second play through.

Thanks <3

I was literally dancing with joy when I got to that segment

Hehe, I remember when I was seriously arguing against someone who didn't believe that was the case

Atlus's got my back
Yup, that was me. That doesn't happen in the P3 route, but if it's stated in the game then I guess that's true, huh. Looking back, since we were also discussing about the Kanji-Yosuke-Teddie relationship, I'll give you the point as well, since I hadn't seen the Valentine guys event and Yosuke really acts like a jerk about being a "brother" to Kanji, in the last event of the game. So yeah, should have listened to you back then. Sorry if I irritated you.

I'm pretty late on discovering this, I stumbled upon it just a few minutes ago, but...

UCHoyNT.jpg

...I spy a certain non-canon cutie in there! Sure enough, Super VG Christmas Party has a Persona 3 cover track titled "Winter in Iwatodai Dorm." by Ailsean and Nikolai. It's a wintery cover of "Memories of the City," and I really dig it.

Super VG Christmas Party is a completely free compilation album that has a bunch of nice tunes (spanning quite a number of games) by a whole bunch of artists. Check it out! https://supervgchristmasparty.bandcamp.com/

I just re-read my post before hitting submit and I sound like a huge shill lol

Sophia

I guess there's a pretty good chance of that being performed at Super Live then. We'll probably end up getting a trailer before then too.

If they're selling it at Super Live, it's almost guaranteed they'll have a trailer with a snippet of the song before then.

Speaking of Super Live, if it's like the other concerts, I'm going to assume that Arena/Ultimax will get a medley and maybe the opening themes will be there (maybe drop Arena's opening for Break out of...).

But what about Q? I have a feeling Maze of Life will be there and probably Light the fire, but I wonder if they'll throw something else in there as well?

Also, is this the first concert since the movies came out? Would be interesting to hear Fate is in our Hands live!

Meia

New movie release date, and new song name. Now all we need is the actual song to be out for hype levels to be through the roof. :p

Kind of surprised it's not out actually. Wasn't the song for the second movie out almost at the same time as it was announced or something? Feels that way...

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, the debut trailer for Persona 3 The Movie #3 will most likely be on February 3rd.

Speaking of Super Live, if it's like the other concerts, I'm going to assume that Arena/Ultimax will get a medley and maybe the opening themes will be there (maybe drop Arena's opening for Break out of...).

But what about Q? I have a feeling Maze of Life will be there and probably Light the fire, but I wonder if they'll throw something else in there as well?

Also, is this the first concert since the movies came out? Would be interesting to hear Fate is in our Hands live!

Persona Music Box in Q4 2014 already had all of that music.

Messiah

I'll be sure to pick up the single while I'm at Persona Super Live. I'll also be sure to document my reaction to the Persona 5 information blowout that is absolutely going to happen during the concert #BELIEVE

They didn't invite you although you are the protagonist in the next mainline game?

Edit: Gooch was faster :(

FluxWaveZ

I wonder if we'll get anything from Dancing at Super Live, if that game has any original tracks.

Because of the P4D track included in Persora 2 on February 18th, I think it's likely they'll play a track from it at PSL, even if it were just a remix.

P4AU, P3M#3, PQ and P4GA are pretty safe bets. I think P4D is one, as well.

Makio

Main theme song: Light in Starless Sky (by Yumi Kawamura and Lotus Juice)
]

Another instant classic from Kawamura and Juice ... i can feel it.
One More Heart is beautiful

How i gonna miss her in P5.

If they no give P5 info in Super Live at least with the trailer o main theme of Falling Down i can live.

Setsu00

Another instant classic from Kawamura and Juice ... i can feel it.
One More Heart is beautiful

How i gonna miss her in P5.

If they no give P5 info in Super Live at least with the trailer o main theme of Falling Down i can live.

After all this teasing they did for P5 I can't see how they wouldn't show at least something P5 related.

FluxWaveZ

Are you fucking serious.

A certain November stream comes to mind.

Also every damn episode of PSC.

Huh? Are you talking about the November 24th, 2013 event? Because I'm not sure many would agree with you, there. You had thought it would be mobile game related initially.

And PSC episodes aren't teased. The one time they did actually tease information for it, they delivered (exclusive P4AU console character footage).

Dantis

I refuse to believe that anyone watched that stream and didn't feel (however temporary) disappointment at some point during it.

Except for CJKeats, because it was like someone had a checklist of his dream spinoffs.

Makio

They teased Persona 5 in TGS i think , but you know is safe to keep hopes down.

I no expected too much just maybe the theme song o battle song of P5. and maybe just MAYBE a window release of P5.

No in the concert itself , but we got a window (or idea when gonna be released) in Feb 5th.

Setsu00

I no expected too much just maybe the theme song o battle song of P5. and maybe just MAYBE a window release of P5.

No in the concert itself , but we got a window (or idea when gonna be released) in Feb 5th.

Not really. It was known that Atlus wouldn't attend TGS.

FluxWaveZ

Nah, they didn't. They explicitly said that the SCEJ conference Persona 5 trailer would be analyzed (which it was) and that P4D would receive a new trailer (which it did). When they tease something, they pretty much deliver as opposed to so many other game companies who make week long countdowns which end up being for forgettable iOS games or soundtrack CDs.

I think baseless pessimism is boring and pointless.

They attended TGS via Sega, though.

Makio

But a got of shit of Etrian Oddysey and debut the trailer for Record Breaker ... i think.
Even the people of PSC talking shit and all ....

My memory is not clear but i think that was in TGS ... i think.

Makio

Nah, they didn't. They explicitly ]said that[/URL] the SCEJ conference Persona 5 trailer would be analyzed (which it was) and that P4D would receive a new trailer (which it did).
I think baseless pessimism is boring and pointless..

Well fuck them anyway ... one month to go excited because that concerts ALWAYS rocks and looking for little something about P5 or P3 Movie #3.

In this point i dont care.

Just publish a release date and be happy everyone.

But a got of shit of Etrian Oddysey and debut the trailer for Record Breaker ... i think.
Even the people of PSC talking shit and all ....

My memory is not clear but i think that was in TGS ... i think.

The Record Breaker revival was TGS, there was Etrian Untold 2 footage there but that was already known about. All the new Etrian stuff was a separate stream, and that had a teaser site which ended up delivering pretty well.

I think Atlus retweeted the Golden Animation stream announcement if that counts, although I feel like there was enough evidence for that not being a game beforehand.

I refuse to believe that anyone watched that stream and didn't feel (however temporary) disappointment at some point during it.

Except for CJKeats, because it was like someone had a checklist of his dream spinoffs.

Seeing PQ's art was really off-putting but P4D saved that.

atlusprime

Atlus PR

I wasn't disappointed in it! And man, the GAF freakout/meltdown/freakout was the best ever. I still have so many of those .gifs saved. SO MANY.

Also, Happy New Year, PGAF!

Xenoflare

I wasn't disappointed in it! And man, the GAF freakout/meltdown/freakout was the best ever. I still have so many of those .gifs saved. SO MANY.

I need some receipts for that one.

I don't think I made myself a regular here yet when that happened.

Was it
FF13 360 level of lolz?

DNAbro

Was one of the biggest roller coaster of emotions i've been on. Such a weird night. At least the payoff should be completely coming this year.

Sophia

*raises hand*

I was more surprised (at the Dancing All Night announcement mainly) than anything. And I threw my weight behind Persona Q from the getgo. :|

Between that thread, IRC, and the stream chat, it was so amaaaaaaaaazing.

FluxWaveZ

The only other game related Atlus Japan countdowns that come to mind are November 24th, 2013's (PQ, P4AU, P4D, P5) and the teaser site for Strange Journey, if that even counts. Not to mention the P3FES countdown from Atlus USA.

When they do teaser sites they tend to lead to something cool, and they practically never do countdowns for anything. Not to mention that the only other time they had a game related countdown, it was around 3 days before the event, not 76 days.

Too many logical reasons to expect something cool from February 5th, or at least around it.

t1423125000z1.png

Edit: Those Atlus.com urls MysticDistance had come upon recently have been locked out, which means http://atlus.com/games and the rest.

CorvoSol

So I have a question about a thing that happened in P4AU's ending. Specifically:
Izanagi and Magatsu Izanagi fuse and create a sword and we never see any of that happen on screen. I'm just sort of curious what process that's supposed to be? Like I feel like there WAS a Persona game that fused Personas to make weapons, and obviously there are different kinds of Persona Fusions. Izanagi and Magatsu Izanagi normally fuse to make like, Kikuri-Hime, but that's only within a single soul. Since this is more of an external fusion, I assume it functions like when Medea and Hermes fused to become Trismegistus, but we never actually see or hear of a new Persona existing, and in battle against Hi-no-Kagutsuchi Yu and Adachi only use their respective Izanagis.

To be honest, I wonder if maybe I misread a section of that scene and that's why I'm not getting my head around this right.

Greetings, PersonaGAF!

I finally found myself able to purchase the gem that is known as Persona 4 the Golden.

I played about an hour of it, and I have to say, I'm really enjoying it! This dubbing is great, and I'm enjoying this whole "coming to terms with yourself" theme that became apparent with the first boss.

I was initially hesitant to get into this franchise, since I'm more a fan of action-combat RPGs like Tales games, and I didn't really enjoy SMT IV. But this is off to a great start so far.

As for what I named my character, well...that's actually involves some major Fire Emblem Awakening Spoilers below. Not really important, but it's just something I found was cool.

So when I heard that this game involved characters alternate versions of themselves, or their "shadows", it reminded me of the final battle in Awakening, where you were essentially fighting yourself as the big shadow dragon in the game.

So I decided to name my character: "Robin Grima". Basically I'm pretending that he's the reincarnation of FE:A's protagonist, and that he didn't have a shadow to fight to get his persona because he already came to terms with his own shadow in his other life when he defeated Grima with the shepherds.

Yeah yeah, it's all fanboy fanfiction nonsense drivel I came up with, and I'm sure somebody probably came up with this idea before me, but I just went with what I thought was cool. There's probably way more to it than that, as I've only just started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom