• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading up on some stuff before starting and I wonder... should I go for Hardcore Risette Fan on my first playthrough? It seems like a confusing trophy, but something I'd like to complete in my first playthrough :p

Or would it mess with the feeling of the story too much and should I keep it for a 2nd playthrough?

Haha, you dont GO for HRF trophy, you just........get it........ eventually.......at random.

I've seen some people have 3-5 playthroughs and not get it and I've seen some people get it on their first!

I would say just play normal but vary your party and their attacks and you may just get it (but its probably a 2nd playthrough trophy on average).

Oh, and die. Have every character, including yourself, die at some point, because Rise has lines for that as well.

arue

Also.... isn't Utada still in her hiatus since 2011? She made an exception for Eva 3.0 and sang the ending theme for that and that's it.
I know. That's why it would be a dream come true if she ever gets off her hiatus and sings for a Persona game.
Pretty cool video and song. It got me thinking, what if the rapper is a female and the singer is a male in a Persona game?

I think that would be cool and weird at the same time.

Don't know about Lotus Juice though, but I'm pretty sure he'll come back in P5, so that was just a random question to you all.

MSMrRound

I was reading up on some stuff before starting and I wonder... should I go for Hardcore Risette Fan on my first playthrough?

It's definitely possible to get it in your first playthrough.

I got it without really trying for it since i was determined to level up all my party members. I heard some people saying that you should not try to level up Rise's social link level too soon, if not you might miss out on some lines that you could have gotten.

Dunno if it helps though.

Also yea, "Kanamin Kitchen" is supposedly the name for the junior idol group that Kanamin belongs to, just like AKB48 and what's not. :

It would just be another Persona 4.

Needs an edgy character to make up for the loss.

tumblr_nf006wXgUO1ssz1e3o1_1280.gif

FluxWaveZ

Good god. People voting a game they know almost nothing about as their sixth most anticipated game. Atlus has been on a roll tho. The hype is real....

It's not just NeoGAF, too (also, P5 had made it at #8 for the 2014 vote here when we only knew about a bunch of chairs). Persona 5 made it in #3 for PlayStation's official most anticipated 2015 games, voted by the users. Ahead of MGS5.

The game is going to be big in North America (or at least clearly has the potential to be), unless Atlus or Atlus USA screws up big time somewhere.

DNAbro

It's not just NeoGAF, too (also, P5 had made it at #8 for the 2014 vote here when we only knew about a bunch of chairs). Persona 5 made it in #3 for PlayStation's official most anticipated 2015 games, voted by the users. Ahead of MGS5.

The game is going to be big in North America (or at least clearly has the potential to be), unless Atlus or Atlus USA screws up big time somewhere.

It is the biggest JRPG to come out in a long long time.

wmlk

For what it's worth, Famitsu readers' most anticipated list also favours P5.

Final Fantasy XV leads all games with votes, but combining P5's votes on PS3 and PS4 gives it a higher total.

Sophia

Makes the decision to make it a cross-generation release very wise. All their bases are covered now.

ALSO NO PRESSURE OR ANYTHING ATLUS USA~! *cough*

MSMrRound

So glad they made a PS4 SKU.

I'm honestly trying to hold out for a P5 PS4 SKU, just in case they make one...

gonna badger my bosses (who are pretty big Persona fans themselves) to bring it into our shops if it does happen.

Let's say if there's a P5 PS4 set announced, what would your guesses be, regarding the design of the PS4 set?

Personally, a crimson red PS4 with chain and shackles motiffs all over would be pretty cool. Hit me with that emancipation.

(If it's in the works, hopefully they might announce one slightly before April..been kind of looking at that month as a possible deadline for me to finally empty my wallet and go for a PS4...)

hao chi

So this finally arrived today:

I was reading up on some stuff before starting and I wonder... should I go for Hardcore Risette Fan on my first playthrough? It seems like a confusing trophy, but something I'd like to complete in my first playthrough :p

Or would it mess with the feeling of the story too much and should I keep it for a 2nd playthrough?

It's up to you. Fairly late in the game I went out of my way to get it by doing a bit of dungeon crawling with all of the party members, scanned every enemy multiple times after Rise gained the skill that allows her to know enemy weaknesses at the start of the battle, let various party members get KO'd and affected by status ailments, and went into older dungeons and had her analyze enemies that were extremely weak. I finally got it when I started the Reaper fight.

Doing all this didn't require too much effort, but if you plan on doing a second playthrough and using a different party, you should be able to easily get it then without any special effort on your part.

I'm honestly trying to hold out for a P5 PS4 SKU, just in case they make one...

gonna badger my bosses (who are pretty big Persona fans themselves) to bring it into our shops if it does happen.

Let's say if there's a P5 PS4 set announced, what would your guesses be, regarding the design of the PS4 set?

Personally, a crimson red PS4 with chain and shackles motiffs all over would be pretty cool. Hit me with that emancipation.

(If it's in the works, hopefully they might announce one slightly before April..been kind of looking at that month as a possible deadline for me to finally empty my wallet and go for a PS4...)

I have the same dilemma (.___.)....but my anticipation for Bloodborne is too high so I'm going to get one when it comes out.

If they make a Persona 5 PS4 I will be incredibly jealous. Can you imagine one with Soejima art :eek:
Personally, I would like a black one with something like this:

PersonaButterfly_zpsbd401b9b.png

Sophia

I have the same dilemma (.___.)....but my anticipation for Bloodborne is too high so I'm going to get one when it comes out.

If they make a Persona 5 PS4 I will be incredibly jealous. Can you imagine one with Soejima art :eek:
Personally, I would like a black one with something like this:

A butterfly themed PS4 would potentially make me buy the system all over again. >_>;

I love butterflies.

Nimby

Banned
I really want a Persona 5 PS4 now.

Black with red butterflies on the side, I would pay money for that, that is if I have it

Meia

Guys I'm just, guys, guys I'm just saying.

I'm just saying guys, what if?

I remember when Sho was first revealed a long time ago, many had come to that conclusion. Obvious scar is obvious.

On a more serious spoiler related note about P3 too,
Inaba just happens to have a person able to forge shadow parts into weapons Persona users can get a lot of use out of(that just so happens to be in the town when Shadow shit goes down), that for some reason isn't part of a larger story? I mean, shit, the Antique seller from P3 had a larger part and she did much the same thing(if you go from the idea that shadows = personas at any rate). It's one of those things that I consider to be the only loose story end from P4. Well, that plus the fox anyway.

Gazoinks

I'm late to every Persona party by default anyway. I still don't know what this legendary disappointing broadcast thing everyone was talking about a few pages back is.

It's a shame you weren't part of the fandom during that. Your head probably would've exploded.

Meia

Even though I haven't bought a PS4, I have held out on the hope that they'll release a Persona 5 themed one. Probably unrealistic, but Persona 5 even being on the PS4 was also an unrealistic dream til that new trailer...

CorvoSol

I remember when Sho was first revealed a long time ago, many had come to that conclusion. Obvious scar is obvious.

On a more serious spoiler related note about P3 too,
Inaba just happens to have a person able to forge shadow parts into weapons Persona users can get a lot of use out of(that just so happens to be in the town when Shadow shit goes down), that for some reason isn't part of a larger story? I mean, shit, the Antique seller from P3 had a larger part and she did much the same thing(if you go from the idea that shadows = personas at any rate). It's one of those things that I consider to be the only loose story end from P4. Well, that plus the fox anyway.

The Antique lady does? Dang, this is what I get for like, never using her services more than once a playthrough, haha.

It's a shame you weren't part of the fandom during that. Your head probably would've exploded.

Was that before Christmas 2013? Cuz I was only sort of joining around that time. I'd played like, the first hour of P3P prior to that.

Red is the 'color' of Persona 5 though.

Persona 5 better bring me some Hitler then.

Meia

The Antique lady does? Dang, this is what I get for like, never using her services more than once a playthrough, haha.

It's revealed over the course in Persona 3 that
she was the researcher that wrote all of those Old Documents you find in Tartarus. She also recognizes Aigis as an anti-shadow weapon the second she sees her in the Answer, so probably had a hand in that whole thing too. Also neat how one of the documents greatly relate to Persona 4 too(second to last one talks about if people could control the Shadows inside them).

Love hidden story beats like that. :D

Xenoflare

Yeah, you don't get to know that nice tidbit if
you visit her shop, if you retrieve the last of the old documents it becomes very clear that the lady used to be a researcher and she wrote the them

I was going to suggest that Daidara was actually Sho is disguise, since Sho (Ultimax spoiler)
was watching the Investigation Team somehow,
which would answer the question as to how Daidara was able to make shadow weapons

I thought it was a dumb theory, but then I reverse image searched the above image of Daidara to check the spelling on his name and: http://i.imgur.com/vKVJyhs.png. Theory confirmed.

I wonder what colour the butterfly will be in P5 though, I assume that it was blue in 3 to match the colour of that game, but then it was blue in 4 as well, despite 4 being yellow themed.

Red is the 'color' of Persona 5 though.

I was going to suggest that Daidara was actually Sho is disguise, since Sho (Ultimax spoiler)
was watching the Investigation Team somehow,
which would answer the question as to how Daidara was able to make shadow weapons

I thought it was a dumb theory, but then I reverse image searched the above image of Daidara to check the spelling on his name and: http://i.imgur.com/vKVJyhs.png. Theory confirmed.

I wonder what colour the butterfly will be in P5 though, I assume that it was blue in 3 to match the colour of that game, but then it was blue in 4 as well, despite 4 being yellow themed.

I hope it stays blue. Changing colour would be weird....iirc the butterfly symbolises Philemon and its better if a symbol stays the concurrent throughout the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom