• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

leader-skills-jpg.13021

We both know those are just Fuuka and Rise's skills anyhow. He's just giving the order. Plus their abilities don't equal having Maragidyne while the rest of the party is still rocking like... Agilao or something. :p

PK Gaming

We both know those are just Fuuka and Rise's skills anyhow. He's just giving the order. Plus their abilities don't equal having Maragidyne while the rest of the party is still rocking like... Agilao or something. :p

Yeah, yeah just ribbing you (though some fights can get pretty bad if the MC dies, so it's still important to keep him alive)

What is the ideal moveset for Kanji in P4G?

Right now I have at level 70
-Evade Wind
-Zionga
-Masukunda
-Vile Assault
-Power Charge
-Rengernate 3
-Elec Boost
-Matarukaja

Jomjom

Banned
Thanks guys for all the info and advice. Stories can carry me even in bad games and I'm an old school jrpg gamer so I think I'll just play from 1 to 4. Have all of them loaded up on the Vita!

What about p4a, ultimax and the new 3ds one? I'm guessing just play them after p4g?

Thanks guys for all the info and advice. Stories can carry me even in bad games and I'm an old school jrpg gamer so I think I'll just play from 1 to 4. Have all of them loaded up on the Vita!

What about p4a, ultimax and the new 3ds one? I'm guessing just play them after p4g?

Make sure you finish 4 and 3 before starting Arena, Ultimax or Q.

As for 1 and 2, be aware that they are VERY different in terms of gameplay to 3 and 4.
They're still good, but different.

Yeah, play them after P4G. Well, P4A references a portion of the story that is only available in the PS2 version of Persona 3, so you may consider that.

And doesn't Persona 2 consist of 2 games? Can you play both on vita?

Literally all you need is Power Charge, Primal Force, Matarukaja and maybe (Ma)Ziodyne for hitting weaknesses.

ok. thanks

Haven't posted in the community for a while but wanted to say that I'll be going to TaiyouCon in Arizona next week. Can't wait to see and listen to some Persona music!

Anyone from Arizona (particularly the Phoenix-Mesa) area that have suggestions on where to eat or things to see? Will have a car so driving's a non-issue.

Thanks!

Yeah, play them after P4G. Well, P4A references a portion of the story that is only available in the PS2 version of Persona 3, so you may consider that.

ok. thanks

Innocent Sin is on PSP, and Eternal Punishment is available as a PS1 classic, so they're both playable on vita

To add to my previous post, there's a chance that we'll probably be able to interview the guests so if you guys have any questions you'd like to ask, feel free to let me know.

We usually come up with at least 20 questions, many of which can be filler, so if you have something in mind, send 'em to me.

To add to my previous post, there's a chance that we'll probably be able to interview the guests so if you guys have any questions you'd like to ask, feel free to let me know.

We usually come up with at least 20 questions, many of which can be filler, so if you have something in mind, send 'em to me.

The guests that we've requested to interview are Lotus Juice, Yumi Kawamura and Shihoko Hirata.

CorvoSol

I actually quite like it in Persona Q. But there your main character isn't a magical snowflake who is always two tiers of abilities ahead of the rest of the party.

Mine is. Sucker has Ziodyne and is level like, 44 while most of the rest of the cast is around mid-30s in levels.

If I had to name a thing that really balanced out the cast, though, it'd be the dearth of skill cards. Maybe I'm just neglecting Marie or something, but I've found like, maybe 5 skill cards at this point in the game. Then again, the ability to use skill cards on party member personae is a big deal, too. Also the whole sub-persona system adds variety and depth to the party.

I'm still getting my ass trashed by the stupid Corrosion skills on floor 3 of ESC.

Jomjom

Banned
Make sure you finish 4 and 3 before starting Arena, Ultimax or Q.

As for 1 and 2, be aware that they are VERY different in terms of gameplay to 3 and 4.
They're still good, but different.

Thanks. Yeah I'm prepared for 1 and 2. They are so old so naturally I'm going in expecting something of the times.

Hmmm... I have FES on PSN as well. Should I play P3P or P3FES? I'm thinking maybe P3P and then watch the extra content from FES on Youtube?

And yeah I'm gonna play IS (PSP) and EP (PS1). I've found that there's some guy on youtube who did a Let's Play of EP (PSP) and put his own subtitles on there or commentary or something. So maybe I'll just watch that extra scenario on there.

Messiah

Hmmm... I have FES on PSN as well. Should I play P3P or P3FES? I'm thinking maybe P3P and then watch the extra content from FES on Youtube?
I would absolutely recommend FES for the first playthrough. Running around is so much better than using a cursor to select where to go and who to speak to.
I also liked the animated scenes.

Makio

We will have a new female vocal surely. .

Plot twist : Kita Shuuhei is the P5 singer (or some another dude).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa84cbOGnUA
His songs for Trinity Soul and P3 Portable are amazing , i can see him making the vocals in 5.

Or maybe Meguro goes instrumental like Digital Devil Saga. (Best work of him in my opinion) dat sweet rocking tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCuOjfyUHnA

I really hope P5 sounds like that , i dont want more "happy" songs like in Persona 4 , we need kickass songs.

Looking forward for the new singer of P5 , if someone of the past has to comeback : Yumi Kawamura of GTFO.

Gbraga

The PMB blu-ray is almost there :')

Can't wait to check out Maze of Life and Break out of in their live versions. >_<

Sophia

Mine is. Sucker has Ziodyne and is level like, 44 while most of the rest of the cast is around mid-30s in levels.

If I had to name a thing that really balanced out the cast, though, it'd be the dearth of skill cards. Maybe I'm just neglecting Marie or something, but I've found like, maybe 5 skill cards at this point in the game. Then again, the ability to use skill cards on party member personae is a big deal, too. Also the whole sub-persona system adds variety and depth to the party.

I'm still getting my ass trashed by the stupid Corrosion skills on floor 3 of ESC.

Basically we can all agree that the sub-persona system is all sorts of awesome.... right? :p

And yeah, I haven't found that many skill cards myself.

Lady Gaga.

Stop channeling duckroll, pleeease!

Meia

To be fair, the skill card system doesn't really come into it's own til most of the way through the third floor of the third dungeon... :p

And if you're using the P4MC corrosion ain't that big a deal with Dekunda. Well, except for those times you get into a fight with two enemies that use corrosion +malolyoudied spell back to back.

Sophia

To be fair, the skill card system doesn't really come into it's own til most of the way through the third floor of the third dungeon... :p

You just summed up my biggest and perhaps only real problem with Persona Q. There's a whole lot of gameplay systems and it takes forever for them to actually enter into the equation. They should have had all those systems introduced by the end of the first dungeon, not half way through the game. :(

Meia

You just summed up my biggest and perhaps only real problem with Persona Q. There's a whole lot of gameplay systems and it takes forever for them to actually enter into the equation. They should have had all those systems introduced by the end of the first dungeon, not half way through the game. :(

It is kind of weird how they "gated" some things, and when they decide to open some of them up. Then again, when it comes to the Skill Cards, you're meant to unlock the ability to get them from any persona once you've learned all the abilities your Persona is going to get naturally I think. At least, that's what I'd guess is the reasoning behind it. There's also the idea that around that level is when some things like elemental links can be skill carded.

One of my biggest problems with the game actually is the navigator personas, in that I never really feel the need to change them. The abilities you ALWAYS want you can just throw on their regular personas via skill card, and I guess you're intended to keep the personas that have some abilities you can't transfer to a new one(the HP/SP recover on step thing in particular).

For me, the difficulty doesn't really ramp up until dungeon 3, and that's almost when the game starts expecting you to have some idea what you want each party member to specialize in. And hey, just in time, have some Skill Cards. Not sure why sacrifice fusions and that stuff is gated though...

Joke answer: if we're talking about new musical collaborators for Persona 5, I'm all about that Baby Metal x Shoji Meguro OTP~

Actual answer: I certainly hope Lotus Juice makes a comeback, maybe even L-Vokal after his work with Catherine - but if we're going to play a wild card (SEE WHAT I DID THERE), I would also suggest World's End Girlfriend for a collaboration. There are very few Japanese vocalists I know of, the majority of musicians from Japan I listen to are instrumental. ;__;

But if we want absolute chaos among the fanbase, Utada Hikaru is also an option.

My top choice for the p5 vocalist is Nano( &#12490;&#12494;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yME8gBdC8gA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1BB8hvVF44

That "chick" have a amazing voice , can sings in full english (like the persona songs so far).

Meguro instrumental + Nano vocals = Eargasm.

Utada Hikaru have good voice in imo.

Not entirely sure why you're putting chick in quotation marks, but I can appreciate the music (as well as Ogre You Asshole, which was absolutely not what I was expecting with a name like that).

Makio

Not entirely sure why you're putting chick in quotation marks.

Nano ....
Is for the singer gimmick , he / she has a feminine voice.
But in photos and videos cover his face and gender , and even when she see fans argue about she is a dude or a chick , she says doesn't matter only enjoys her music.

SRqNdNd.png

For me is a woman , clearly for that Conception Intro song , no man can pull off that feminine voice , but hell in japan everything is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TTTcVHNvrc

PK Gaming

No kidding. Skill card extraction should be unlocked from onset; the 2nd dungeon at most.

My biggest problem with Persona Q is the game balance. It's... all over the place. Status effects are outright broken, instant kills are ridiculous, SP pricing is wack (Maziodyne is 64 SP when something like Mamudoon is 32... the hell?), and Fuuka takes care of healing by herself. Fortunately, you can get a decent challenge out of the game by limiting yourself (ie: No Fuuka, no status effect abuse on bosses, etc). It's not ideal, but it made the main game fairly challenging on hard for me.

On the bright side, I love what they did with the individual characters. They feel way more distinct now. Literally every Persona game has homogenized characters with little to truly set them apart, but PQ characters are fairly unique*. PQ takes it a lot farther by giving them massive stat variations and introducing skill swap items. I hope going forward, P5 manages to incorporate unique characters as well.

*Yes, i'm taking skillcards into account

Makio

OMG actual Dancing all the night news... where Flux with the source lol.

But man i approve , this is all i need , a ACTUAL story in that dancing game.

Buying day one.

Makio

Awwwwww ..... well i only see until now , but besides that god i gonna love this game.

p5 hype = p4 Dancing all the night hype.

I need it now !!!

WAIT Kanamin KITCHEN the fuck is that her last name.

Makio

tumblr_lt3jhbOUEK1qafhe0o1_500.gif

Well..... then im going to play Ultimax...

PD: Wait a Dancing remix of Heaven.... how the fuck that gonna work.

Xenoflare

Utada Hikaru and Meguro in a Persona game would be a dream come true.

I doubt we'll get a popular singer in Persona, but my wish would be a singer who can actually sing in English to work with Meguro.

Also.... isn't Utada still in her hiatus since 2011? She made an exception for Eva 3.0 and sang the ending theme for that and that's it.

Jintor

Christ I just realised I'm in Japan and I haven't bought their fucking albums yet. Gotta stay on the lookout when I'm in denden town next.

Or just order it off amazon i guess now that i've got proper income instead of youtubing it like some pleb

Dawg

So this finally arrived today:

I was reading up on some stuff before starting and I wonder... should I go for Hardcore Risette Fan on my first playthrough? It seems like a confusing trophy, but something I'd like to complete in my first playthrough :p

Or would it mess with the feeling of the story too much and should I keep it for a 2nd playthrough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom