• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenoflare

Heh, I considered it. I have all the original ones, but I've never seen the shadow ones until today.

Too bad the 3DS has such a shitty resolution.

Wait.... was that you who used the normal Kanji as your avatar before?
I am not creepy at all.

PK Gaming

PersonaGAF

You don't understand

proxy.jpg

I need this

I need this in my life

I want iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

wmlk

By the way, for any of those who love Persona 4's school and party dynamic in any way, you should watch Hyouka.

Thank you.

:O

Oh gosh. It's such a short teaser too.

That music is certainly different..... hmm.

P3 spoilers
They are SO hyping up Aigis vs Ryoji. This is going to be aweeeeeesome.
brb fangirl squeeing.

There's a few things to be hyped for at that point in the story. That 'fight' is not one of them.

wmlk

Aigis almost ruined P3 for me.

No joke, her character was just terrible IMO. I don't understand the fascination.

ignoremode11ugh.png

Commencing ignore mode....
I kid, I kid! :D But seriously, what's up with you not being able to think of any? :|

That's just me messing with you. I like Aigis enough, I just thing the parts people laud about her are a tad overrated.

Wish she was explored in a more explicitly platonic light, though...

EDIT:
*Shrug*
The Awakening was the high point for me as far as cutscenes go.

But nothing happened! Aigis informs Ryoji who he is, attacks, Ryoji isn't affected in the slightest, Aigis overheats, and he has to drag her sorry ass back to the dorm.

While you may be technically correct (the best kind of correct), that scene is just so well done to me. Hands down my favourite anime cutscene of the whole game, it really nails that otherworldly feeling of fighting something as incorporeal as Death with a robot weapon. Plus, Karen Strassman's voice over work is so ace there.

CorvoSol

That's just me messing with you. I like Aigis enough, I just thing the parts people laud about her are a tad overrated.

Wish she was explored in a more explicitly platonic light, though...

EDIT:
*Shrug*
The Awakening was the high point for me as far as cutscenes go.

I kind of see Aigis as similar to Teddie in P4 in that she's ultimately very innocent and childlike, but her perception of humanity is shaped almost entirely by hormonal teenagers. Teddie is more extreme than Aigis because his exposure was more extreme. But Aigis' primary exposure to human beings is 1) SEES who are a bunch of moody teens and 2) Ergo, who are a bunch of sociopaths.

So like, she wants to be close to MC and hold him, which is romantic, but the romance doesn't hold quite the same meaning that Yukari's does because for Aigis intimacy is, I dunno, more innocent. And I don't mean she doesn't understand the bodily aspects, because her she certainly seems to get that, but rather that her experiences are just too different for her to really view intimacy the same way.

Kind of like how Teddie in P4 is insistent upon "scoring" with the girls and getting their attention. It's not that he doesn't know what scoring is by the end, its that it holds a different meaning to him. He just wants their love and thinks that that's how that love is supposed to be showed.

I dunno. Aigis is my favorite non-FeMC SLink in Persona 3.

I kind of see Aigis as similar to Teddie in P4 in that she's ultimately very innocent and childlike, but her perception of humanity is shaped almost entirely by hormonal teenagers. Teddie is more extreme than Aigis because his exposure was more extreme. But Aigis' primary exposure to human beings is 1) SEES who are a bunch of moody teens and 2) Ergo, who are a bunch of sociopaths.

So like, she wants to be close to MC and hold him, which is romantic, but the romance doesn't hold quite the same meaning that Yukari's does because for Aigis intimacy is, I dunno, more innocent. And I don't mean she doesn't understand the bodily aspects, because her she certainly seems to get that, but rather that her experiences are just too different for her to really view intimacy the same way.

Kind of like how Teddie in P4 is insistent upon "scoring" with the girls and getting their attention. It's not that he doesn't know what scoring is by the end, its that it holds a different meaning to him. He just wants their love and thinks that that's how that love is supposed to be showed.

I dunno. Aigis is my favorite non-FeMC SLink in Persona 3.

Not to mention Aigis is a robot, and Teddie is pretty much id taken form.

Aigis starting as more of a blank slate makes me see her as a child more than I do Teddie. So I guess that's another reason why I don't like her as a love interest.
Aside from my intense disposition towards Yukari, of course.

Also, you mean Strega.

Sophia

Aigis isn't just childlike, she literally is a child in all but physical body. She's the youngest member of SEES at nine (later ten) years old, and if you'll recall she spent a lot of time deactivated. Virtually everyone in SEES has more of a life experience than she does.

It makes one of the lines Akihiko says to Metis amusing. Metis, by virtue of being Aigis's emotional side, acts like a bratty child because she pretty much is one. Also spins a different light on Aigis, to say the least.

Also, you mean Strega.

By Ergo, he probably means Kirjiro Ergonomics, which developed the Anti-Shadow Weapons.

By Ergo, he probably means Kirjiro Ergonomics, which developed the Anti-Shadow Weapons.

Oh god, those guys! Quite a band of psychopaths.

Ultimax spoiler:
Also, even if I actively disliked Aigis, she would still deserve better than being Akihiko's handler/babysitter.

CorvoSol

Not to mention Aigis is a robot, and Teddie is pretty much id taken form.

Aigis starting as more of a blank slate makes me see her as a child more than I do Teddie. So I guess that's another reason why I don't like her as a love interest.
Aside from my intense disposition towards Yukari, of course.

Also, you mean Strega.

I dunno, Teddie's a pretty damn blank slate when you first meet him, too. Half of his conversations early on are "I have no idea what that is, Yosuke." Which is why I've never really seen his relations with Nanako as creepy. Because Teddie's just a kid.

Yeah those guys.

Ultimax:
Definitely. Then again, I think Akihiko deserved better than needing a handler/babysitter, so that's like a double shame.

Half the reason I find Akihiko and Mitsuru work well together is because she's the only woman likely to be able to sort him out.
Just... not the way Ultimax does it. :/

Sophia

Going off topic for a second, as I want to discuss something related to the IRC chat room that's slightly important. The community thread provides me with a good place to get people's feedback on the subject, as everyone can read it and reply to me in the manner of their choosing.

Right now, officially and in theory, most spoilers (including all Ultimax/PQ ones) are currently banned within the main channel. The topic title encourages people to take these discussions to #pspoilers instead. At first, I was kindly referring people to the channel and this wasn't an issue. We had some really good discussions in the spoiler chatroom, and all was pretty well. However, as time has gone on, more and more people are no longer using the channel for discussion and the user count in there has dropped significantly. Adding to that, discussion of P3 and P4 spoilers has started to pretty much occur openly within the main channel, with Ultimax spoilers becoming increasingly common too.

So this leaves us with a bit of a problem. People obviously want to discuss the spoilers, and they aren't joining the spoiler channel to do so. I presume this is because many users who join are actually using the web client to connect, and probably don't care or don't know how to join the other channel.

At any rate, I'd like to hear as many opinion this as possible. Right now, I propose three possible options myself:

1) We enforce the no spoiler rule more rigidly. This would effectively ensure no spoilers within the main channel at all as long as an op or halfop is around, as we could hand out warnings and throw people in there as needed. I don't really like this option myself, because the chatroom has always been kind of that "cool" place to hang out. Where almost anything is generally okay as long as you don't do something totally asshole-ish, adhere to the network rules, and don't piss of the people with op/halfop status. Plus, as the spoiler channel covers multiple games, people would have to worry about getting spoiled for a game they didn't want to see.

2) We largely drop the no spoiler rule for Persona 3, Persona 4, Persona 4 Arena, and Ultimax. These games are the most openly discussed in the main channel, and unofficially small talk for P3/P4 spoilers has pretty much been happening. P3 and P4 are popular enough, and the statue of limitations on them long gone that at this point it shouldn't be a big deal unless you're going out of your way to intentionally harass someone with spoilers. Likewise, Arena and Ultimax have pretty quick story modes that don't take a whole lot of commitment beyond just reading them, so they'd be largely excluded from the rule as well. P1 and P2 spoilers would stay in the spoiler channel due to the fact that a significant chunk of people have not played them compared to P3 and P4, and Persona Q and Persona 5 spoilers would remain in there for obvious reasons. In regards to Persona Q specifically, anything from the 4th dungeon onward would stay in the spoiler channel, adhering to Atlus's own request to not spoil the game. Also big serious story discussions would possibly be filtered to the spoiler channel as well, seeing as they'd cover every game.

3) We drop the no spoiler rule entirely, going back to the way we were before. Some people really liked this, because they didn't have to watch what they said in there. However I know a few people including Venfayth, the owner of the channel, were against this because it made it a gamble if people got spoiled or not.

I'm curious to hear what other people, especially the regulars who visit the chatroom, think. I'm also open to any other sound proposals as well. If it wasn't obvious from the size of the paragraph above, right now I'm considering running with option #2. But any input would be nice.

EDIT: Seems like #2 is largely winning out in terms of popularity. If Ven has no objections, we'll run with that.

FluxWaveZ

The background was removed from the Atlus website under construction: atlus.com/persona6

Quickly glancing at scripts of the page (something I'm not too knowledgeable of, as of yet), I see there's one labeled "Countdown" and another commented as "Social Links." Not sure if that's even new, though.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
PersonaGAF

You don't understand

proxy.jpg

I need this

I need this in my life

I want iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Yosuke makin' that O face.
The background was removed from the Atlus website under construction: atlus.com/persona6

Quickly glancing at scripts of the page (something I'm not too knowledgeable of, as of yet), I see there's one labeled "Countdown" and another commented as "Social Links." Not sure if that's even new, though.

C'mon man.

wmlk

That's nothing. That's a .js file and it's just JavaScript selecting the '.social' CSS. That same CSS is used for the social media in the page, nothing else.

It's a trick, I KNOW it's a trick!

wmlk

Huh... well I figured it was something insignificant, though I'm not even sure what the above means, heh. Basically, the "countdown" commented script is nothing, right?

The countdown script is there for an actual countdown, but there is nothing to countdown to as of now...

Might be a placeholder script, who knows? This might be a default script file or something and nothing specific.

Yep, and now all pages that have been made for the site result in "403 Forbidden" errors. This was the only part of the new site pages that I could find which results in a 403 error: http://www.atlus.com/contactus/ So, I guess they've started work on a Contact Us page for their new site.

Funny enough, before you posted what you did, I used that same link to see if they changed the construction page.

Calling it now: Persona is gonna be the new AssCreed with yearly installments and broken releases. I'm can't wait!

Sophia

I have no problems with either laxing or removing the spoiler restriction, whichever you guys want to do. Just be respectful :)

And thus it is so!

Remember how Atlus trolled everyone from the Ultimax's code by
labeling Sho as the P5hero?

I'm curious as to what that actually was. It was obviously in the code, as multiple people discovered it, but I wonder why it was there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom