• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenoflare

And thus it is so!

I'm curious as to what that actually was. It was obviously in the code, as multiple people discovered it, but I wonder why it was there...

To troll people of course, for people who's way too curious that they had to dissemble the game.....

MSMrRound

It's gonna take a lot of shit to try and top MGS 2.

While not on the level of MGS2, Atlus are pretty masterful at trolling themselves, judging by the Nov 24 livestream and the 81 page GAF thread that it generated...I still come back to that/Pan's pastebin whenever I'm having a slow day at work for a laugh.

While not on the level of MGS2, Atlus are pretty masterful at trolling themselves, judging by the Nov 24 livestream and the 81 page GAF thread that it generated...I still come back to that/Pan's pastebin whenever I'm having a slow day at work for a laugh.

oh believe me I know. I was the first person to curse them out for PQ (which I ended up getting and enjoying) b/c I thought we weren't getting P5.

King Fost

Neo Member

Pshh. Nobody can top Cavia when it comes to trolling.

Nobody

http://www.p3m.jp/ teaser for the third P3 movie is up

The 4th movie is the last one right ;____;

That's just me messing with you. I like Aigis enough, I just thing the parts people laud about her are a tad overrated.

Wish she was explored in a more explicitly platonic light, though...

EDIT:
*Shrug*
The Awakening was the high point for me as far as cutscenes go.

I've always seen Agis' relationship with the MC as platonic (unless you followed her SL).

Wait I want to see this lol

As far as trolls go.....this tops everything. EVERYTHING

xqmvarazimfhvlzruyrv.gif

Nimby

Banned
Also didn't someone say something like younger players may not appreciate persoba as much as the older players (older as in 20s)

Teenage me probably wouldn't get a lot of the themes in P3 and P4.

Just imagine the thoughts of a 15 year old boy upon discovering Mara.

MSMrRound

As far as trolls go.....this tops everything. EVERYTHING

Well...for Square Enix...their biggest troll (for me) was still that IOS port for The World Ends With You. FFVII takes second place with Dragon Quest Heroes' TGS reveal (thought it was a legit return to the PS platform for a proper Dragon Quest game) ranking in 3rd.

MSMrRound

Atlus doesn't troll, they tease, since they actually deliver.

I agree with Atlus delivering, unlike others *cough cough*, but the way they went about with their trolling was hilarious.

I was really sad that I missed out on the actual livestream due to my part-time work the other time.

Just introduced the livestream archive to my fellow colleague at the game shop where I'm working now (he's a fellow Persona fan and he had never seen the livestream before) and he just straight out lost his mind with the trolling antics of that old lady reporter that appeared on screen.

(e.g blocking the background screen with her head, saying that the magazine she was holding contains a important secret which she wanted to share with us, but it turned out to be nothing).

Glad I managed to catch the Sony pre-TGS conference with some of the PGaf members back in Sept, but nothing will top that Nov 24 thing in my mind...except maybe for that Persona Phantom Night thing...boy...I hope that there's going to be a livestream happening for this one...I'm already applying to be off from work for the 5th of Feb. Failing which, I'll definitely grab a Blu-Ray copy of the concert once it's released.

MSMrRound

I still think about it. And then cry a bit.
I need TWEWY 2.

It still bears a scar on my emotional state of mind. FF7 PC port troll? Nah. One week tease website for a IOS port. Never forget.

Never been so wary of teaser sites etc after that. (AtlusJP's of course, are a different matter, since I had confidence in them that they will deliver in the end, which they did.)

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Just finished the first dungeon in PQ. I'm getting into it now, having played it fairly sporadically over the last 10 days or so.

Not really a spoiler for the end of the dungeon, but but I'll tag in anyway.
Stupid P4 cast, turning up and slowing me down with their rubbish skills.

Haven't had much time to play so I only beat Persona Q's first labyrinth yesterday and all I have to say is: WTF at Margareth's voice? What the hell were they thinking?
Loving the game, beat the first labyrinth on hard but I'm switching to normal or I wont be done with the game in this lifetime.

TheJRPGamer

Neo Member
Calling it now: Persona is gonna be the new AssCreed with yearly installments and broken releases. I'm can't wait!

I wouldn't worry so much about that. It's their pattern to release installments in groups of two. Personally, I expect Persona 5 this year, and Persona 6 in 2017~2018. I would speculate Persona 7 around 2024-ish, after they have gotten plenty of merchandising off of 5 and 6.

Nimby

Banned
I wouldn't worry so much about that. It's their pattern to release installments in groups of two. Personally, I expect Persona 5 this year, and Persona 6 in 2017~2018. I would speculate Persona 7 around 2024-ish, after they have gotten plenty of merchandising off of 5 and 6.

I wonder what the future will be like for SMT in general. Is this too unrealistic?

Persona 5 - 2015
SMT x FE - 2016
SMT V - 2017
New Spinoff - 2018
Persona 6 - 2018

Persona 5/Break Record/Dancing - 2015

Etrian Odyssey 5 could be their big title for 2016, we might also see something from the new IPs that they've mentioned. SMT x FE is a possibility too.

2017 will be probably be Team Maniax's new game.

I expect more than just that though. Possibly some ports.

TheJRPGamer

Neo Member
I wonder what the future will be like for SMT in general. Is this too unrealistic?

Persona 5 - 2015
SMT x FE - 2016
SMT V - 2017
New Spinoff - 2018
Persona 6 - 2018

Makes sense to me for the most part. I definitely wouldn't mind a new spin-off out of nowhere. It would be a nice surprise, like DDS :p
Personally, I would expect a couple of all-new Devil Summoner games in the mix and the next numbered (or not-numbered) Shin Megami Tensei installment closer to 2019~2020. Again, all speculation and speculation is FUN ^_^

PK Gaming

By the way, for any of those who love Persona 4's school and party dynamic in any way, you should watch Hyouka.

Thank you.

I'll see your Hyouka and raise you a Love Live!

TAROT CARDS said:

IT'S GOT THAT

SOCIAL LINKS said:

IT'S GOT THAT

COMPELLING CHARACTERS said:

IT'S GOT THAT

A GROUP OF HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS OCCASIONALLY INDULGING IN REALLY STUPID ANTICS said:

IT'S GOT THAT

THE RIDICULOUSLY POPULAR BLOND ONE said:

Harasho

MASCOT CHARACTER said:

IT'S GOT THAT

WAIF....................... said:

in spades

CorvoSol

Continuing the topic of Aigis and Teddie's similarities, there's these moments in PQ and P4AU EP3 that I liked a lot.
In Persona Q Teddie tells Aigis that everyone is sparkling, and Aigis remarks that she doesn't understand. In Ultimax, around the vs. Shadow Labrys fight, they have a similar conversation, except that this time Aigis does understand. The disparity, I think, reflects the change in her position from PQ to Ultimax. Or rather, that the events following P3 have allowed her to see whatever these sparkles that Teddie mentioned are.

FluxWaveZ

You think another one-off like Catherine?

No idea. We know that Atlus is working on new IP (which they specifically compared to Catherine and Dragon's Crown) and that they have the recent "Storie" trademark, but who knows if P Studio has any of the new IP gigs or what Storie will turn out to be.

Either way, I'm pretty confident a new P Studio game will be announced this year, and it'd be pretty ridiculous if it were Persona 6 or a Persona 5 remake, so it'd have to be something else.

Edit: Huh... I only just remembered this from checking stuff out:
Separately from P5, Hashino says that he's working on a collaborative project that will surprise everyone, but the announcement for this is a ways off.
He must have either been talking about P4D or PQ here, right? I'm thinking P4D. That means the game will have been in production for about 3 years when it's out.

TheJRPGamer

Neo Member
Edit: Huh... I only just remembered this from checking stuff out:

He must have either been talking about P4D or PQ here, right? I'm thinking P4D. That means the game will have been in production for about 3 years when it's out.

I know they ran into some issues with P4D and the weight of all the work concerning that game was thrust onto P Studio alone

FluxWaveZ

On the subject of Catherine, how many people here see it as part of the SMT universe? Or even the Persona timeline?

When the developers themselves are saying it's not part of the Persona universe at all and deliberately try to distance it from all that, I think that'd be pretty silly.

When the developers themselves are saying it's not part of the Persona universe at all and deliberately try to distance it from all that, I think that'd be pretty silly.
Fair enough. Though the whole
Shadow Vincent complete with yellow eyes
didn't exactly dissuade that idea.

They even say so specifically......... in P3P........ umm......... paradox?

Worse than paradox: Non-canon.

Haven't had much time to play so I only beat Persona Q's first labyrinth yesterday and all I have to say is: WTF at Margareth's voice? What the hell were they thinking?
I know right? And it's sad since I think her personality here is more likeable than in P4 and I would have bought her navi DLC, but that voice? Nope.
Continuing the topic of Aigis and Teddie's similarities, there's these moments in PQ
Oh yeah, I heard there's a pretty good no-flanderized Teddie and Aigis conversation in the P4 route. Can't wait to see it in New Game+

CorvoSol

Oh yeah, I heard there's a pretty good no-flanderized Teddie and Aigis conversation in the P4 route. Can't wait to see it in New Game+

It wasn't very long, but the conversation reminded me of the longer conversation they had in the P3 route of Ultimax. It sort of plays back into the whole view of how Teddie and Aigis are very innocent, despite their mannerisms.

FluxWaveZ

The "Vincent" that appears in Persona 3 Portable is a fake, according to Soejima. Which is why he looks slightly different and has a beauty mark that the real Vincent does not.

This is what I had thought, but do we have a proper source? The only thing I'm finding is this post from GameFAQs:
Vincent appears as an easter egg in Persona 3 Portable as an unnamed man drinking alone at the Club Escapade. However, it was stated by game director Katsura Hashino in an interview on the internet radio show Shuukan Gemu no Shokutaku that this character in P3P is a "Vincent lookalike" and not the man himself. Shigenori Soejima added that he was asked to draw a "fake Vincent", and so he put a mole on Vincent's face.
Apparently it was listed on the Megami Tensei wikia, but it's not there anymore. Would be nice if we could verify its legitimacy, because now I'm starting to question it, though it does make a bit of sense by itself.

Heh, if we're guessing releases, I'll guess for games we "know" are in development:
Persona 4: Dancing All Night - [April 2015]
Persona 5 - [June 2015]
Team Maniax game - [2016]
New IP - [2016]
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem - [2016]
Etrian Odyssey V - [2017]

wmlk

This is what I had thought, but do we have a proper source? The only thing I'm finding is this post from GameFAQs:

Apparently it was listed on the Megami Tensei wikia, but it's not there anymore. Would be nice if we could verify its legitimacy, because now I'm starting to question it, though it does make a bit of sense by itself.

Heh, if we're guessing releases, I'll guess for games we know are in development:

Highly doubt EOV will be that late. That team seems to be entirely independent and they're also fine with reusing assets it seems. Even if EOV is some huge makeover, the last mainline game is still 2.5 years old.

Expecting it in early 2016. I hope so, at least.

Personally, I'd love to see something along the lines of Radiant Historia for a new IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom