• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
How long should it take for P5 to come to NA/EU?

How long *should* it take? As long as it needs to. Localizing is an artform, just ask NichM.

How long **will** it take? No idea. The circumstances around every game are different. Dragon's Crown released within a week of the Japanese launch. Persona Q? more than 5 months.

For reasons beyond me just being ATLUS PR, I vast prefer sooner to later, as I'm sure all of you do.

Europe: I keep poking and prodding for information.

FluxWaveZ

How long *should* it take? As long as it needs to. Localizing is an artform, just ask NichM.

How long **will** it take? No idea. The circumstances around every game are different. Dragon's Crown released within a week of the Japanese launch. Persona Q? more than 5 months.

Probably won't be able to answer this, but I'd like to know if you think a simultaneous release between regions, if everything lined up to permit it, would be a best case scenario, or if there would be reasons (other than logistical ones) why that wouldn't be preferable.

For reasons beyond me just being ATLUS PR, I vast prefer sooner to later, as I'm sure all of you do.

Oh. Well, question answered I guess, heh.

FluxWaveZ

Like Persona Q ... 4 / 5 months. Just a wild bet.

Conspicuous Persona Q comparison:
Hey, so I'm offsite right now and don't have the wherewithall to comb through all your questions, but here's a general amount of stuff you can mull over:

1) We're trying to avoid region-locking on P4AU
2) For all the releases (except PQ), we're trying to be relatively close to Japan's release. Not Dragon's Crown close, but close.
3) No rumblings about anything on PS4 yet, that shit just launched in Japan. Keep your fingers crossed for solid sales.
4) SO HYPE FOR DANCING ALL NIGHT.

Makio

Good stuff Flux , so more like a SMT IV release 2 / 3 months.

Seriously i was expecting a PQ release scenario because is similar to the past releases of P3 and P4 , but i think things changes.

Conspicuous Persona Q comparison:

Dancing and 5 got delayed after that was posted though, so there's a chance that the delays messed with Atlus USA's plans and none of that will still hold true.

I'm curious, John and Nich have mentioned a few times in the past that they hadn't seen anything on Persona 5 yet. Are you allowed to comment on if that's still true?

FluxWaveZ

Dancing and 5 got delayed after that was posted though, so there's a chance that the delays messed with Atlus USA's plans and none of that will still hold true.

They were saying that they hadn't seen much of P5 or P4D in the PS Blog comments around that time regardless, so I doubt there really were any concrete plans in the first place. It's just an indication of their intentions behind the localization pace for the upcoming Persona games and, based on what atlusprime has said above, it still holds true.

Hi guys is it Persona 5 yet

2660065-6031485242-CN4B4.gif

I'm guessing we will get Persona 5 Fall 2015.....argh the thing with these long localisation waits (well not that long) is that its going to be so hard to resist spoiling oneself >.<

Makio

Perfect gif for the situation.

Iis that its going to be so hard to resist spoiling oneself >.<

When P5 comes out , goodbye internet .
In my case im not playing Persona Q already (money issues and stuff). And even the day the release the game all , i mean all the fan pages of Facebook and forums posting spoilers or the funny jokes , even now... seriously i dont played the game but already know all the funny jokes and heavy spoilers like
the stuff with Rei and Zen

The only forum spoilers free is this one , i dont mind about PQ spoilers.
But a big spoiler of P5 , i think i cant take it.

Assuming Famitsu would have news on P5. The concert takes place the same day Famitsu is released.

I assure you that if we finally get a Real True Reveal of Persona 5 on February 5th, Famitsu will already have the press materials Atlus sent them ready to go. But I guess they might hold off until the week after.

Ooh or maybe we'll get a little something a week before the concert that basically functions as an advertisement to go see the concert.

Or maybe they concert will just announce a countdown to May 5th, when they'll reveal things for really real.

FluxWaveZ

I assure you that if we finally get a Real True Reveal of Persona 5 on February 5th, Famitsu will already have the press materials Atlus sent them ready to go. But I guess they might hold off until the week after.

Ooh or maybe we'll get a little something a week before the concert that basically functions as an advertisement to go see the concert.

Sure, but I think the week after is likelier because it'd be pretty weak if their stuff leaked before the event, and Atlus seems to be pretty savvy about that from how they've shown off info so far (and that's assuming a plethora of content will even be shown at PSL itself, and not through something else happening along with it). It was on a Sunday, but there wasn't anything new from Famitsu, content-wise, the week following the November 24, 2013 event (or the week preceding it).

I guess a promo could work, but I don't see the point of it acting like an advertisement a week before the concert when tickets will most likely have already been sold out. Like pan-hime suggested earlier, they could announce a live stream for PSL a week prior to it.

What I expect regarding PSL before the event happens on February 5th is the following: updates showing off the logo, discussing merchandise that can be bought there (like Persora 2 and the Persona 3 The Movie #3 CD set) and potentially announcing a live stream for the event.

What I expect regarding PSL before the event happens on February 5th is the following: updates showing off the logo, discussing merchandise that can be bought there (like Persora 2 and the Persona 3 The Movie #3 CD set) and potentially announcing a live stream for the event.

I've been wondering lately: what does everyone think is behind the locked circle on the countdown site?. Since the first circle is labelled "Topics Update," I'm guessing stuff like the logo update and livestream announcement will be there. So my best guess is that the second lock is for a merchandise link.

Sophia

N-no, I meant I'll be in classes without access to the game!
Trust me, I wouldnt have allowed people to call me shota if I thought I was old :3

I'm sure you'll have some form of access to the PS3 or PS4 at college. Now your time might be a little bit limited. :p

FluxWaveZ

I've been wondering lately: what does everyone think is behind the locked circle on the countdown site?. Since the first circle is labelled "Topics Update," I'm guessing stuff like the logo update and livestream announcement will be there. So my best guess is that the second lock is for a merchandise link.

A merchandise link is a good guess, but I haven't seen their websites devote prominent links to the Atlus D Shop or Jika-net like that before, and if it were a link to that I think it'd have to be a general link and not one to specific PSL merchandise, in which case it'd be weird to have just left it on the front page with a giant question mark and locks for so long.

I personally think it might be one of two things: actually another "Topics Update"&#8212;managing to keep the one for the key art on the site&#8212;being of the stuff I had speculated above; or it's a p-ch style psych out whose significance will only become apparent when the website is fully updated, taking an entirely different from that of a circular icon.

Only 23 days (and some minutes) left .. almost there.

t1423125000z1.png

HELL YEAH Shadow Yukiko killed in only one trip to Yukiko's Castle, literally used my last healing item to survive one last assault drive then killed her with my last attack before her next turn where anything she did would have killed me :D

Persona 3 was announced when I was in college. Persona 4 came out in December of my senior year of college. Persona 5 is gonna come out during my first year of being in a retirement home.

FluxWaveZ

The Persona Dream Concert's supposed to be this Saturday, right? Maybe someone could casually ask Lotus Juice who's going to be singing the Persona 5 song at next month's concert, heh.

FluxWaveZ

That thing in the middle of Arizona right?

Yeah, at the Mesa Convention Center for Taiyoucon. Lotus Juice will also be doing a solo show there, apparently.

Couple of non-important things regarding Storie: storie.jp's apparently changed IP addresses; January 26th will be five months since the domain was created, which was the same interval of time between the creation of "persona5.jp" and when that was first revealed.

Meia

In case anyone still plays Animal Crossing on the 3DS, thought this was neat. I've seen a few of these here and there, but these versions look pretty good, and it's a complete set for the female cast of both games(something I hadn't seen before), so here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom