• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

The problem I have with Etrian Odyssey's art, that I always bring up, is that the guys are all old dudes and the girls are all little girls.
If they were all young or all old, I wouldn't mind it.

NichM

Banned
Isn't persona 3 the same.

Isn't that the point of Ghastly Wail

Yes. In P3,
you can actually one-shot the Strength/Fortune boss by hitting the "fear" spot on the wheel and inflicting that status on it, then following it up with Ghastly Wail. All other bosses are immune to the effect.

Xenoflare

Yes. In P3,
you can actually one-shot the Strength/Fortune boss by hitting the "fear" spot on the wheel and inflicting that status on it, then following it up with Ghastly Wail. All other bosses are immune to the effect.

Yep, I remember that.

Jintor

Nachos

So has anyone posted anything related to Live2D? Basically it's a program for using intelligent warps and distortions of 2D image layers to give the appearance of them being 3D geometry (you'd be able rotate around the drawing with 360° of rotation). At bare minimum, it can be hybridized with 3D models to have much more detail for facial expressions. I think it would be neat to see a lot of Atlus's art run through this, especially Kaneko's.

I think it's fine in PQ since the designs are still largely coming out of Atlus. The style I'm fine with... it's the designs...

Himukai's been working almost exclusively with Atlus these past few years, so while he's technically freelance, he might as well be on their payroll.

Nimby

Banned
4fa.gif

This should be in the P4D OT.

Tatsuya appearing in P4D performing Persona Ondo would make the game for me.

Did you ever get that Nocturne/Lucifer's Call problem sorted out?

A pivotal scene plays out in P4D where the Investigation Dance Team is cornered and can't dance their way out of their overwhelming odds this time. Rise falls and all hope seems lost when, suddenly, this starts playing and a familiar face jumps into the fray...
Tough crowd at the end of that video.

Did you ever get that Nocturne/Lucifer's Call problem sorted out?
My friend kept trying different things and got to the end but put off the final boss battle.

Lunar15

Clarification on EO: I don't mind the art style, I hate how it's used. PQ is fine, for example. Chibi stuff doesn't bother me. It doesn't go well with sexualized concepts, however.

Had a chance to ask the burning question that's on the mind of every Persona fan while at TaiyouCon to Lotus Juice: "it's burn my dread." Not burn my bread.

Sorry to burst the dreams of all you non-believers ;).

Naoto having a real gun is sonething too out of place. I mean, she is 15 years old and she has no status as an official detective. She just collaborates with the Police iirc. She shouldn't be allowed to use or carry it. Unless Japanese rules about it are much more permissive than I had antecipated.

Meia

Naoto having a real gun is sonething too out of place. I mean, she is 15 years old and she has no status as an official detective. She just collaborates with the Police iirc. She shouldn't be allowed to use or carry it. Unless Japanese rules about it are much more permissive than I had antecipated.

Well, we really have no idea on what kind of special privileges having that family name has. If I had to guess, that was the out to enable her to have her weapon. I'm just more blown away finding out she takes that thing to school. I mean, I guess if you have it you may need it at any time, but yikes, lol.

Oh, and apparently the guy is making a series of these. :D

Did you see that Shinji?

PK Gaming

Naoto being able to carry a real gun is one of the many, many immersion breaking *Persona things.*

Not unlike:
-Yosuke bringing 2 weapons in a food court
-Mitsuru explaining to Makoto that the evokers are for "self-defense" (if you ask her why they're carrying "guns")
-Yosuke bringing 2 bikinis with him to the school campout
-Hanako's appearance in operation "Up close and personal."
-Kashiwagi's existence

It's best not to think too hard about it.

I assume that everyone has their own headcanon on these things anyway.

Mine is that her grandfather taught her how to use a firearm and then gave her one of his own when she was competent enough. I mean, it's a freaking revolver! That's an old person gun if ever I've seen one.

Plus, when does she take it to school? I don't remember anything like that!

Meia

She apparently at least took it with her to the school festival, as Persona Q shows. If she'd take it to that, I can't imagine her not having it also just in regular school.

She apparently at least took it with her to the school festival, as Persona Q shows. If she'd take it to that, I can't imagine her not having it also just in regular school.

Oh yeah, dont know why that never clicked with me.

I wonder if the ammo is real though? Arena shows her shooting people (albeit persona users) and them not dying (P3 spoiler)
sorry shinji
. Plus the bullets bounce all over the place, leading me to believe she uses rubber bullets.

Yes, I know Arena's gameplay isn't exactly the most concrete place for canon evidence, I'm just having fun here.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think Persona Q works here. Haven't played the P4 side, but wouldn't that reasoning also infer Yu takes a katana, Yosuke takes daggers, Yukiko brings her hand fan, etc. to school as well?

Meia

I don't think Persona Q works here. Haven't played the P4 side, but wouldn't that reasoning also infer Yu takes a katana, Yosuke takes daggers, Yukiko brings her hand fan, etc. to school as well?

Yeah, it kind of is the Persona 1 problem again, with people suddenly having weapons I guess. Naoto's case is just jarring in that she pulls it out pre-dungeon, while no one else apparently has a weapon(though again suddenly do inside). Doesn't Yosuke even call attention to her having the gun with her in the first place when she does pull it out before storming the room?

Yeah, it kind of is the Persona 1 problem again, with people suddenly having weapons I guess. Naoto's case is just jarring in that she pulls it out pre-dungeon, while no one else apparently has a weapon(though again suddenly do inside). Doesn't Yosuke even call attention to her having the gun with her in the first place when she does pull it out before storming the room?

Naoto is always packing heat.

Always.

CorvoSol

Hahah lol

I despise chibi art styles with a passion.

I'm okay with chibi art style, just don't like the way it gets implemented from time to time. Bravely Default had great art, but one or two sketchy costumes.

No, the REAL question is why the hell Naoto brings that thing to school. @_@

Because Naoto is just a kid who wants to be a grown up. So she's packing heat in case a case opens in the middle of math.

Naoto being able to carry a real gun is one of the many, many immersion breaking *Persona things.*

Not unlike:
-Yosuke bringing 2 weapons in a food court
-Mitsuru explaining to Makoto that the evokers are for "self-defense" (if you ask her why they're carrying "guns")
-Yosuke bringing 2 bikinis with him to the school campout
-Hanako's appearance in operation "Up close and personal."
-Kashiwagi's existence

It's best not to think too hard about it.

Yosuke brought those bikinis because Yosuke is man's best friend and he was going to provide you with fanservice by any and all means necessary.

I don't remember what Naoto is equipped with, but in PQ Margaret finds some junk in the supply closet and gives it to your team. Yu has a golf club, for instance. Kanji, Chie and Yukiko's weapons are fairly easy to sneak in to school since Kanji can grab a chair anywhere, Chie is wearing shoes and a fan fits snugly into a bookbag.

Yosuke I think starts off with some wrenches, so he can get that stuff on campus. Teddie I got no idea, tho.

Squire

Banned
The SLink FM commentary for the Persona 3 movie was pretty good. I hope they do this for the other movies.

Thanks! We haven't talked about it, but I'd love to do the rest, personally. I'm a little disappointed they don't seem to be interested in dubbing them though.

Meia

I'd have to imagine they'd rather dub them when they're all out so they don't have to keep getting the complete cast back together every 6 months or so. Least, that's what I'm hoping for...

Dantis

I assume that everyone has their own headcanon on these things anyway.

Mine is that her grandfather taught her how to use a firearm and then gave her one of his own when she was competent enough. I mean, it's a freaking revolver! That's an old person gun if ever I've seen one.

Plus, when does she take it to school? I don't remember anything like that!

My headcanon is that none of them actually use the weapons and it's a concession made for gameplay.

Tamanon

Banned
Wasn't Yosuke's two bikini thing completely justified? I could've swore they had the excuse last year of not bringing their swimsuits with them.

Meia

I think the problem with that is a few things. Where does he even have the swimsuits on him all that time, and how did he know what sizes to actually buy? :p

PK Gaming

What gets me is that Yosuke brought those bikini's to the trip in the event that they would owe him a favor.

His plan hinges on so many circumstances:
-Yukiko and Chie fucking up their meal plan
-Kanji being stupid/insecure enough to run out of the tent
-Yukiko and Chie being paired up with Hanako

(Note: He was directly responsible for #2, and arguable for #1)

I know it's a dumb gag scene, but when you really think about it, it's really fucked up. This is some Death Note level planning (and he got the right sizes, jesus christ)

Yosuke: Deplorable idiot, or brilliant mastermind?

FluxWaveZ

Yosuke deplorable idiot, or brilliant mastermind?

Aren't you overthinking this? I just took it as him wanting to see the girls in a swimsuit, knowing that they'd have the opportunity to swim at the school trip. He'd know that they'd make an excuse like "We forgot our swimsuits," so he got those as insurance. The rest just gave them more of a reason to concede.

I think the problem with that is a few things. Where does he even have the swimsuits on him all that time, and how did he know what sizes to actually buy? :p

Trust me, Brosuke is an expert guessing swimsuit sizes for high school girls. lol

My headcanon is that none of them actually use the weapons and it's a concession made for gameplay.

Noooo that's the opposite of immersion.

I always thought she didn't know what to say and came with the least lame excuse possible hoping that Makoto's Academics was still default zero lol.

wmlk

Aren't you overthinking this? I just took it as him wanting to see the girls in a swimsuit, knowing that they'd have the opportunity to swim at the school trip. He'd know that they'd make an excuse like "We forgot our swimsuits," so he got those as insurance. The rest just gave them more of a reason to concede.

I think you misunderstood the intent of that post. It was tongue-in-cheek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom